• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Max prep rankings

Started by teachers pet, November 27, 2018, 05:15:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

First rankings are out, has Osceola not played a game, they're not even listed.
-19 CLASS 3A HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL RANKINGS
Rankings updated: Tuesday & Friday, Last update: 11/27/2018
Learn more about the rankings
#   School   Ovr.   Str.
1   Baptist Prep (Little Rock)   4-0   9.5
2   Valley Springs   12-0   3.4
3   Bergman   9-0   -1.1
4   Tuckerman   8-1   0.3
5   Elkins   6-0   -6.8
6   Fountain Lake (Hot Springs National Park)   5-1   0.6
7   Manila   4-2   3.5
8   Jessieville   4-2   4.5
9   Waldron   6-0   -10.0
10   Booneville   3-1   -1.3

baller334

You must not follow fearless much lol they are in the semifinals of football this weekend.

teachers pet

Other schools who are in the playoffs are playing basketball, so what's your point?

ISU7

Rankings don't mean a thing lol relax

baller334

There's probably very few teams that play basketball when their team is in football playoffs. I know in the Northeast part of Arkansas you very rarely see a school play basketball games when they are in State contention.

ZoneBuster

VS beats Bergman by 24 according to Facebook.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: ISU7 on November 27, 2018, 09:49:05 pm
Rankings don't mean a thing lol relax

Yeah, the numbers are pretty screwy this early.  It currently has Baptist Prep as the #1 team in Arkansas and the #11 team in the Nation.  They are good, but not better than the last 2 years where they ended up #5 & #6 in AR and #277 & #188 Nationally.

RedWolf275

November 28, 2018, 10:28:33 am #7 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:31:57 am by RedWolf275
Yeah, I saw Prep at Paragould earlier and they are pretty well a one man team. Not trying to belittle the other players who perform their rolls well. Everything goes thru McBride as it should. Don't see a 3a team beating them but I seriously doubt they're #11 in the nation!

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 28, 2018, 10:28:33 am
Yeah, I saw Prep at Paragould earlier and they are pretty well a one man team. Not trying to belittle the other players who perform their rolls well. Everything goes thru McBride as it should. Don't see a 3a team beating them but I seriously doubt they're #11 in the nation!

I know what you are saying.  FYI, 3 other starters are averaging 9.8, 12.4 and 15 points per game.  And one returning starter that will have a good impact is out until January with an injury.  (BTW, McBride was averaging 29.8 before last night... when he scored 32 against LRCA)

Mr.Swine89

Valley is tough this year. 2 good bigs and shooters all over the floor. I believe they've already beaten Greenbriar, Vilonia, and Clinton all away from Valley. Bergman is good also with their guard play, but Valley wore them down and had them rattled all game.

biglion1985

YSpanther

Quote from: ZoneBuster on November 28, 2018, 05:57:46 am
VS beats Bergman by 24 according to Facebook.
VS lost Lawson Jenkins to his mom changinging jobs, but they got Ragland from Marshall to transfer up. Pretty much haven't missed a beat.  But they are deliberately trying to travel more and play better competition to get ready for the playoffs more.

But rankings this time of year don't mean much. Yellville is ranked at number 2 in 2A, but we got shellacked by Westside a few weeks ago.  We will be pretty good, but I don't think we are 2.  At least not at this point.

Ctucker

Quote from: YSpanther on November 28, 2018, 08:27:33 pm
VS lost Lawson Jenkins to his mom changinging jobs, but they got Ragland from Marshall to transfer up. Pretty much haven't missed a beat.  But they are deliberately trying to travel more and play better competition to get ready for the playoffs more.

But rankings this time of year don't mean much. Yellville is ranked at number 2 in 2A, but we got shellacked by Westside a few weeks ago.  We will be pretty good, but I don't think we are 2.  At least not at this point.
You are correct the three best teams in 2a are in the same conference!

YSpanther

Quote from: Ctucker on November 28, 2018, 08:56:51 pm
You are correct the three best teams in 2a are in the same conference!
I assume you are talking about the 8?  Which 3 are talking about specifically?

Bbal789

Does anybody know about Harding Academy? I heard that they got Grant Patterson from Southside Batesville who was a really good shooter and scorer.

teachers pet

You 2A guys are on the wrong forum.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 28, 2018, 09:15:45 pm
Does anybody know about Harding Academy? I heard that they got Grant Patterson from Southside Batesville who was a really good shooter and scorer.

He's not on HA's MaxPreps Roster, but he is not on SS's either.  I would not be surprise by this.

YSpanther

Quote from: teachers pet on November 29, 2018, 09:01:29 am
You 2A guys are on the wrong forum.
You do know that this time of year, 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A frequently play each other all over the place in tournaments and regularly scheduled games.  When a genesis of a conversation talking about Valley Springs and Bergman, which are 3A teams digresses into a discussion about 2A, especially teams that this cycle went up or down, maybe it is germane to the thread.  Lighten up Francis.  :D

Ctucker

Quote from: YSpanther on November 28, 2018, 09:03:47 pm
no I'm talking about Clarendon Marked Tree and 3 time defending state champ Earle that's loaded again! The 8 I think is in the south!

Ctucker

Quote from: YSpanther on November 28, 2018, 09:03:47 pm
If y'all don't beat everybody in yalls conference by 40 you don't even want to play one of them 3!

YSpanther

Quote from: Ctucker on November 29, 2018, 01:25:12 pm
If y'all don't beat everybody in yalls conference by 40 you don't even want to play one of them 3!
Thanks, I'll be watching them and their conference to see how they are doing as the year goes along. We have been in 3A for quite a long time and I am not familiar with the 2A teams as much.  I do know that we are paired with the conference with Danville and Hackett, etc. instead of the likes of Manila and Osceola, etc. Hoping we might be a little more competitive and at least make it to the round of state this year.

Ctucker

Quote from: YSpanther on November 29, 2018, 03:38:09 pm
Thanks, I'll be watching them and their conference to see how they are doing as the year goes along. We have been in 3A for quite a long time and I am not familiar with the 2A teams as much.  I do know that we are paired with the conference with Danville and Hackett, etc. instead of the likes of Manila and Osceola, etc. Hoping we might be a little more competitive and at least make it to the round of state this year.
You will be that's been pretty weak region but I have no ideal what it's like this year y'all should find some success!

biglion1985

Yeah our regional is paired up with the likes of tuckerman Harding academy etc.

YSpanther

Quote from: biglion1985 on November 30, 2018, 02:54:35 pm
Yeah our regional is paired up with the likes of tuckerman Harding academy etc.
That will be a little bit tougher than what you have been getting, but I think your conference should still dominate and put more teams in than the other conference. I think last year it was 3 from you guys and just Valley from us. 

Razorhummer

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on November 29, 2018, 09:05:17 am
He's not on HA's MaxPreps Roster, but he is not on SS's either.  I would not be surprise by this.
Patterson is at HA.

biglion1985

Tougher competition only makes you better

officialvsfan

Valley Springs beat Drew Central 63-42 today.

1-Adam-12

Just as a comparison, here is another set of rankings, by ArkansasVarsity.com.

1. Valley Springs
2. Baptist Prep
3. Tuckerman
4. Osceola
5. Booneville, Elkins (tie)

This was the result of a vote.  Fountain Lake, Dumas, DC, Mayflower, Perryville, Ashdown, Bergman and McGehee also got votes.

Head Lion

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 03, 2018, 08:53:36 pm
Just as a comparison, here is another set of rankings, by ArkansasVarsity.com.

1. Valley Springs
2. Baptist Prep
3. Tuckerman
4. Osceola
5. Booneville, Elkins (tie)

This was the result of a vote.  Fountain Lake, Dumas, DC, Mayflower, Perryville, Ashdown, Bergman and McGehee also got votes.
Ill take BP vs Valley & book all bets.

baller334

Osceola? Have they even played a game yet?

teachers pet

How many 4A football schools are being allowed to play in 3A basketball conferences?

RamblinRazorWreck

Baptist beat Robinson 74-62 last night in a sloppy hackfest of a game.     

YSpanther

Quote from: teachers pet on December 04, 2018, 07:53:52 am
How many 4A football schools are being allowed to play in 3A basketball conferences?
I think it is kind of backwards to what you are saying.  Many of these schools should be playing 3A everything, but because of less schools playing football and travel considerations, a few of them are forced to still play up a classification in football.  Yellville and Melbourne were both in that boat in 2A/3A this year.

Ice Water

They should have used a different naming system for each classification structure. That would have cut down a lot of confusion people are experiencing. For example, football could use FB1, FB2, FB3, FB4, FB5, FB6 for its own six classes. And then use A, AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAAA, AAAAAA for everything else.

Head Lion

They should have just went private schools, the 1A-5A.

RedWolf275

Missco

Arkansas needs 4 classes tops and let the privates do their own thing. 6 is still way to many.

Head Lion

Quote from: Missco on December 04, 2018, 10:09:13 pm
Arkansas needs 4 classes tops and let the privates do their own thing. 6 is still way to many.
I could go with that as well Missco. Top 24 4A, next 48 3A next 64 2A & everyone else in A. Private schools to their own

501Arkansas

Quote from: baller334 on December 03, 2018, 10:27:13 pm
Osceola? Have they even played a game yet?
Osceola basketball team won't play a game until Saturday after the state championship game in football. First game will be on the 11th against Rivercrest

Ctucker

I don't understand why people have problem with private schools! They play up a class and they recruit less than public schools!

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Ctucker on December 05, 2018, 04:27:26 am
I don't understand why people have problem with private schools! They play up a class and they recruit less than public schools!

On this board, could it be because one 3A (small 2A sized) Private School has the highest rated player in the State? 

(HINT:  He has attended the same school since.... well....  Kindergarten)  :o

Ctucker

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on December 05, 2018, 07:44:58 am

On this board, could it be because one 3A (small 2A sized) Private School has the highest rated player in the State? 

I don't understand it they play by same rules beside they play up a class!

Head Lion

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on December 05, 2018, 07:44:58 am

It has nothing to do with McBride, most states surrounding us already have moved in that direction. I won't go deep into it, but simply look at % of state championships won by private schools compared to the % of public. Then look at how many private schools vs public schools & you will see the vast disparity, that can not be equalized by any multiplier put on a private school. Simply apples against apples & oranges against oranges. JMO

Missco

You are correct, head lion. The sad part is in this state the AAA seems to favor the private schools. TN separates them.

Ctucker

So we move them away from us because they work hard and win sometimes? They only won one class in football this year and to best of my knowledge only won 1 classification in basketball last year!

Missco

The issue goes deeper than that ctucker.

Ice Water

Is Baptist vs Mayflower really more apples to oranges than Sacred Heart vs Pulaski Academy? Is LR Christian vs Maumelle really more apples to oranges than Conway Christian vs Catholic High?

Ctucker

Missco

Arkansas would have to have a small and large class for private. Why should the public schools care what happens to the privates?

Ctucker

I just don't see we're they have a advantage and don't see how it's a big deal the way it is now!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas