• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A State Championship - Little Rock Christian vs. Pulaski Academy

Started by MDXPHD, November 23, 2018, 10:05:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think PA wins and I want PA to win
I think PA wins but I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins and I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins but I want PA to win

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on November 29, 2018, 03:03:22 pm
There is one scenario that no one is discussing. No high school game can continue after midnight. Say they get one half in and it either times out or rain delays, the refs would declare the team ahead the winner. A tie would be decided by a coin toss.

The other possibility is the Champion could be decided by judges. In the event weather causes too long a delay each school would pick 5 players. The Championship would be held at Bryant Coliseum (let's see who gets that poor excuse for humor) at the fairgrounds. Each player is awarded points based on answering a question from each judge. The judges will be comprised of Principles from 3 neutral schools. The points awarded for their answers would comprise one third their overall score. The other events are talent and evening gown. The team with the most overall points is declared State Champion.
Are you sure about the first paragraph? I believe numerous games this year finished after midnight the week with all of the thunderstorms.

JessieP

That was my adding to the rumor mongering and such not. It's funny how there has been so many reports on the radio and nothing on any official websites. I'm starting to think maybe some people come here and make things up.

RyanLR

Yeah I don't even know why they would broadcast something like that if it weren't true. It's not like 103.7 The Buzz isn't professional or anything.

JessieP

Quote from: RyanLR on November 29, 2018, 04:05:50 pm
Yeah I don't even know why they would broadcast something like that if it weren't true. It's not like 103.7 The Buzz isn't professional or anything.

That makes sense. I mean why call the schools or coaches, let them find out on the Buzz. Makes perfect sense.

AirWarren

Quote from: RyanLR on November 29, 2018, 04:05:50 pm

Well. I heard it on the buzz too. Per the guy they had on from the AAA. It's game on Friday night.

JessieP

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 04:12:59 pm
Well. I heard it on the buzz too. Per the guy they had on from the AAA. It's game on Friday night.

Then that's not any sort of new reporting. The AAA has not deviated from the initial posting months ago. The 5A State Championship will be played 11/29, 7pm at WMS. The buzz could have reported that in August. It's not like it was breaking news.

RyanLR

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 04:12:59 pm
Also the Demozette is misprinted showing the Semifinals playing on Saturday.

MDXPHD

I heard the game was moved to start yesterday at 6 pm.  Any truth?

Yellowcake

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on November 29, 2018, 02:10:31 pm
This is incorrect.  Officials don't have any say until they arrive at the game.

I thought that is what I was saying. Officials can't postpone the game until they arrive at the game site. If I didn't state it clearly, my bad. We are in agreement.

Complete Biased PoV

I know one way the game does not start at 7:00 or 7:05 (offficial kickoff), if there is a lightning strike within a 10 mile radius of the stadium between 6:35pm and 7:05pm.  Of course, I am a little skeptical of the AAA following their own lightning guidelines.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2018, 05:49:27 pm
I thought that is what I was saying. Officials can't postpone the game until they arrive at the game site. If I didn't state it clearly, my bad. We are in agreement.
I was understanding you to say that no one could postpone the game except for the game officials. I'm saying that their jurisdiction doesn't start until they arrive at the field, although it may not be until to them until the game starts.  So it could be postponed without their say.

Maynard G Krebs

Game postponed until Sunday at 2pm. This from AAA announced on the Buzz.

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 30, 2018, 08:28:35 am

Maynard said, I believe it, that settles it! Is that saying applied to the Lord or Maynard? I always get those 2 mixed up.

RazorDad

And officially announced on AAA twitter.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on November 30, 2018, 08:55:17 am
Maynard said, I believe it, that settles it! Is that saying applied to the Lord or Maynard? I always get those 2 mixed up.

And tell your friends you heard it here first on Roller Derby (for those aged enough to remember the reference)

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 30, 2018, 09:01:34 am
And tell your friends you heard it here first on Roller Derby (for those aged enough to remember the reference)

Yes, I'm that old. Every Saturday morning you ate your Captain Crunch while watching wrastlin from "The World Famous Mid South Coliseum in Memphis", then Roller Derby came on. As a very young boy I had of my first impure thoughts about some of the ladies on the LA Thunderbirds.

SUGARTOWN

That's a good move. They would've been foolish to try and play tonight.

Bruin Backer

Just refer to him as Lord Maynard to reduce the confusion.

Rumor is the AAA asked Jerry Jones if he would let the championship game be played at AT&T Stadium and he turned them down because PA had beat Highland Park when his grandson was playing there.

JessieP

Quote from: Bruin Backer on November 30, 2018, 09:10:59 am
Just refer to him as Lord Maynard to reduce the confusion.

Rumor is the AAA asked Jerry Jones if he would let the championship game be played at AT&T Stadium and he turned them down because PA had beat Highland Park when his grandson was playing there.

Didn't PA, PA them in that game? If memory serves (Usually doesn't) they HP pretty good.

jsky14

Joanie Weston, Charlie O'Connell and the Bay Area Bombers

humptydumpty49

JessieP

Quote from: humptydumpty49 on November 30, 2018, 12:06:34 pm
I don't think pa is good lrc by 20+

LRC by 20? Did all the Kings horses and all the Kings men check you for a traumatic brain bleed when you tumbled off the wall?

RyanLR

So everyone makes fun of me for reporting what the AAA guy said on the radio about postponements but everybody listens to Krebs huh?

PA Pressbox

I believe Maynard is batting .500 on this particular thread.     :-\

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 29, 2018, 11:32:27 am
The game will be played on Monday night if bad weather dictates.

JessieP

Quote from: RyanLR on November 30, 2018, 04:23:58 pm
So everyone makes fun of me for reporting what the AAA guy said on the radio about postponements but everybody listens to Krebs huh?

Krebs? If you met the Queen would you address her as Liz? You obviously haven't seen Maynard sitting outside the pork store with his crew, all of them sucking those Cape Fear Cuban cigars wearing Mirano shirts and see through socks.

Maynard G Krebs

November 30, 2018, 06:21:14 pm #125 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:25:11 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: JessieP on November 30, 2018, 06:15:25 pm
Krebs? If you met the Queen would you address her as Liz? You obviously haven't seen Maynard sitting outside the pork store with his crew, all of them sucking those Cape Fear Cuban cigars wearing Mirano shirts and see through socks.

My pet name for her is Lizzy, plus she is one of the few that really knows what the G stands for.

RyanLR

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 30, 2018, 06:21:14 pm
My pet name for her is Lizzy, plus she is one of the few that really knows what the G stands for.
We all know it stands for G-Funk no use hiding it anymore.

Freight Train

JessieP

Let's pretend this is the Super Bowl. I guess for 5A fans it is. Let's analyze, over analyze and analyze some more. Who does the 2 day extension benefit? PA, when dealing like an athlete like Hill the PA coaches have 2 more day's to watch film and scheme. I'm sure both teams will have film sessions and walk thru's today and Saturday. LRC has good capable coaches but they aren't PA's coaches. I have a funny feeling they are watching film as we speak.

incogneto

Quote from: JessieP on November 30, 2018, 08:32:29 pm
Let's pretend this is the Super Bowl. I guess for 5A fans it is. Let's analyze, over analyze and analyze some more. Who does the 2 day extension benefit? PA, when dealing like an athlete like Hill the PA coaches have 2 more day's to watch film and scheme. I'm sure both teams will have film sessions and walk thru's today and Saturday. LRC has good capable coaches but they aren't PA's coaches. I have a funny feeling they are watching film as we speak.
Walnut Valley doesn't stand a chance.  They aren't on the same level as PA they have been waiting on this one group of kids.  They think PA is down and PA is not down.  PA is going to beat the tar out of them and teach them a lesson that they will never compete with PA in football.   Or maybe I am wrong...

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: incogneto on November 30, 2018, 08:38:47 pm
Walnut Valley doesn't stand a chance.  They aren't on the same level as PA they have been waiting on this one group of kids.  They think PA is down and PA is not down.  PA is going to beat the tar out of them and teach them a lesson that they will never compete with PA in football.   Or maybe I am wrong...

Get that tongue out of your cheek😀

JessieP

I hope word got to everyone regarding the change in day and time for the game. I know a lot of caregivers are bringing the blind and the lepers in the hope they can touch the hem of JH's jersey.

Of course lrc can win, a lot of people are pulling for them. Arkansas has a major case of PA fatigue. Dynasties are boring for everyone but the dynasty, PA is a dynasty. Batesville beat them in 2012, Morrilton beat them in 2013. If lrc were to win Sunday they would join a very small fraternity of teams in the 5A who have upset PA, make no mistake it would be an upset. Like I said, a lot of people are pulling for lrc, very few people would put money on them. 

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 30, 2018, 10:01:23 pm
I hope word got to everyone regarding the change in day and time for the game. I know a lot of caregivers are bringing the blind and the lepers in the hope they can touch the hem of JH's jersey.

Of course lrc can win, a lot of people are pulling for them. Arkansas has a major case of PA fatigue. Dynasties are boring for everyone but the dynasty, PA is a dynasty. Batesville beat them in 2012, Morrilton beat them in 2013. If lrc were to win Sunday they would join a very small fraternity of teams in the 5A who have upset PA, make no mistake it would be an upset. Like I said, a lot of people are pulling for lrc, very few people would put money on them.

I am a long time die hard PA fan.  But I am worried about this game.  Last year PA beat LRM soundly in the regular season and LRM came within a whisker of beating PA in the championship.  I fear that history may repeat itself.  PA won handily in the regular season.  They did so in the absence of Hill.  Hill is a difference maker.

I think P.A. is in for a real battle.  I think they will pull it out but it will be far from easy.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 30, 2018, 10:37:26 pm
I am a long time die hard PA fan.  But I am worried about this game.  Last year PA beat LRM soundly in the regular season and LRM came within a whisker of beating PA in the championship.  I fear that history may repeat itself.  PA won handily in the regular season.  They did so in the absence of Hill.  Hill is a difference maker.

I think P.A. is in for a real battle.  I think they will pull it out but it will be far from easy.

There is no question lrc is a solid team, they have proved that. Without condescending I think you are looking at it wrong. In last years championship LRM forced PA for 3 2/3 quarters to play LRM football. they changed the game to their comfort zone. The difference this year is that lrc's comfort zone is playing PA football. Their comfort zone is PA's comfort zone. The Bruins are far better at playing Bruin football than anyone else. PA has the advantage of knowing Hill is 90% of lrc, they can zone in on him, they are far too top heavy on one player. Outside of Henry I promise you very few people outside on the Central can name a PA player. They're a team, not bit players supporting a Superstar. In a battle between a team, and a very good one at that, and a superstar the teams wins.

Overdahill

I do believe it will be  4 quarter battle but I wouldn't bet against KK and a chance to make history. I still think that early season loss has been a constant motivator reminding of what can happen if you slack off and/or simply don't execute

ROULETTE

Maynard G Krebs

JacketFan

Quote from: ROULETTE on December 02, 2018, 01:24:25 am
Will this game be aired on TV? And if so, what channel?
This information is directly from AETN:

HOW TO WATCH
You can watch games live on AETN's main channel. (KETS Ch 2 in Central Arkansas) Check local listings for channel information. https://www.aetn.org/onair/channelinformation

Sunday, Dec. 2
1:30 p.m. pre-game show, 2 p.m. kickoff
5A - Little Rock Christian Academy vs. Pulaski Academy

Saturday, Dec. 1
11:30 a.m. pre-game show, 12 p.m. kickoff
6A - Greenwood vs. Benton

Saturday, Dec. 1
6 p.m. pre-game show, 6:30 p.m. kickoff
7A - North Little Rock vs. Bryant

You can watch the live stream at https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/

You can watch games online starting the following Monday afternoon at:
www.aetn.org/sports
On YouTube: www.aetn.org/sports/youtube
On the PBS app through your mobile or streaming device: https://www.aetn.org/online

You can buy a DVD of the game at http://www.fidelitycommunications.com/local6/index.php.

www.aetn.org/sports is the official webpage for all things AETN Sports. This is where all games will be archived beginning the following Monday afternoon. School hype videos, athlete spotlights and more will be available here.
(Note:  That website also has all of last year's Championship Games about halfway down that page.)

RyanLR

Quote from: RyanLR on November 24, 2018, 11:34:24 am
It's an all West Little Rock 5A final, oh and Joe T is in the semis again in 4A. Three teams in a 10 mile radius that are really really good.
Make that Joe T, Christian, and PA all in the Finals.

RyanLR

Greyhands

RyanLR

RyanLR

RyanLR

Brayden Bratcher is down and it doesn't look good. LRC takes over inside the PA 15 yard line.

RyanLR

Bratcher was going out of bounds and the back of his head hit a camera guys knee hard.

RyanLR

LRC-21
PA-20
Justice Hill nifty 7 yard keeper
10:50 2nd Quarter

RyanLR

LRC-21
PA-28
Bratcher to White 66 yds
6:04 2nd Quarter
2 pt good

The Future

Aaaannnnd here we go.

This is it. It's always back and forth til Kelley says ok enough of that then PA scores and gets ahead, then defense gets the ball back and they quickly score again. That's the end. The opponent never recovers and catches up. Just how it goes. Props to LRC for hanging in there and congrats on making it to the finals and a good season.
PA by 28.
Congrats on winning the 2018 5peat and an early congratulations on beating -insert team here- for the 2019 6peat. Definitely the best dynasty in Arkansas history.

Switching over to some NFL games

RyanLR

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas