• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Mount Ida @ Conway Christian

Started by IdaLions, November 17, 2018, 12:46:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I. D

Redzone

This thread finally made it to two pages lol

M.I. D

Quote from: Redzone on November 22, 2018, 06:19:24 pm
This thread finally made it to two pages lol

Both teams and fan bases know this matchup well. There is a lot of respect between the two teams. No reason to trash talk or show no humility.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Redzone

OLionSwag74

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 22, 2018, 09:15:02 pm
How good honestly is Conway Christian

I watched against Fordyce.  They don't have the skilled players like most team.  Just a well rounded team all together.  They do what there suppose to and hustle.  The qb is probably best athlete and a heck of a quarterback.  If the receivers get on same page then they are a dangerous team.  Best passing team in 2A.

cuz

IdaLions

So does Conway Christian have any posters orrrrrr what

BO_KNOWS

M.I. D

Mount Ida has radio 104.1 KENA. No live stream.

stronguard

Live stream for tonights game can be found at:

http://www.conwaychristianschool.org/athletics/

go to the "watch live" link.

We've had some issues with our streaming the last few weeks, but have been told that there are no problems through the desktop link.  Sorry for the app issues, we have addressed this situation for next year.

Good luck to both teams tonight.  Safe travels for all involved in every game.

stronguard

Quote from: IdaLions on November 23, 2018, 05:29:38 pm
So does Conway Christian have any posters orrrrrr what

Very few.  Remember, we are BY FAR the smallest 11 man football playing school in the state

IdaLions

Quote from: stronguard on November 23, 2018, 05:38:14 pm
Very few.  Remember, we are BY FAR the smallest 11 man football playing school in the state

Really? how many kids y'all have playing football and in the school

mrk1027

mrk1027

M.I. D

Quote from: IdaLions on November 23, 2018, 06:56:52 pm

Aprox 30 looks like

CoachB123

Quote from: stronguard on November 23, 2018, 05:38:14 pm
[/quote

maxprepps has y'all having 39 on the roster, not very small considering teams having 18 to 23 kids

mrk1027

Quote from: IdaLions on November 23, 2018, 06:56:52 pm

School is 1A in attendance and it's not by a lot

N2DEEP

Private schools always have a smaller attendance, because many of the students are there for specific sports and activities. Look at PA numbers for 3A plays in 5A

HorseFeathers

Strong has like 260 K-12...How do y'all compare to that #?

mrk1027

HorseFeathers

IdaLions

This was honestly the best game i've seen in a while, great game by both teams

couch-coach06

Man I'm glad Ida won but I feel terrible for CC 3 years in a row of close bounces too ida

Old Scrapper

I hate it for CC, but I was pulling for the Lions. Only because I wanted another game at home.

stronguard

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 23, 2018, 08:38:27 pm
Strong has like 260 K-12...How do y'all compare to that #?

I think we have something like 175 kids K-12

stronguard

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 23, 2018, 08:20:50 pm
Private schools always have a smaller attendance, because many of the students are there for specific sports and activities. Look at PA numbers for 3A plays in 5A

We have ZERO scholarship athleletes.  Absolutely no recruiting ( I know I tried and was rebuffed by the administration)

Flobbito

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 23, 2018, 08:16:08 pm
School is 1A in attendance and it's not by a lot

Private schools have a 1.5 multiplier because they have the ability to recruit. If what I was told is correct CCS football is completely funded by boosters.

N2DEEP

I honestly thought CC's defense would have been stronger. I knew they would score, but be able to stop Ida a few times. Good job to Ida.

thevoice

Recruit?  Almost any  student who comes to a private school loses an entire year (365 day rule) of eligibility. Ask any student if they would be willing to lose 25% of their entire career and I believe you will find most, understandably, will not. 

scrapdig

Quote from: stronguard on November 23, 2018, 11:16:42 pm
We have ZERO scholarship athleletes.  Absolutely no recruiting ( I know I tried and was rebuffed by the administration)
You better start recruiting.  I heard your JH team folded tent this year. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Flobbito on November 24, 2018, 04:35:39 am
Private schools have a 1.5 multiplier because they have the ability to recruit. If what I was told is correct CCS football is completely funded by boosters.

No they don't, the multipler hasn't existed in years

IdaLions

Quote from: thevoice on November 24, 2018, 09:47:17 am
Recruit?  Almost any  student who comes to a private school loses an entire year (365 day rule) of eligibility. Ask any student if they would be willing to lose 25% of their entire career and I believe you will find most, understandably, will not.

Why do they lose a year of eligibility?

mrk1027

Ah, the urban legends of recruiting...

Great game last night, and props/congrats to Mt Ida and their staff! Also to their fans, they were loud and into it big time.

Wyatt Lawrence for CCS struggled with a hip pointer after the second series, which limited the Eagles' ground attack.

I'm personally disappointed in some of the strategy and decisions by CCS last night. BUT, I'm not a coach anymore and those aren't my calls to dispute. What you'll see from CCS next is one of the largest departures of talent in school history, if not the largest. They have proven talent in this year's junior and sophomore classes, but numbers and experience past that are a concern. Would absolutely love to accumulate and share some stats from this senior class, who have definitely went out in the past 4 years and earned a lot of respect around the state.

thevoice

Quote from: IdaLions on November 24, 2018, 11:25:17 am
Why do they lose a year of eligibility?

If they don't move into the district from a significant distance they have to sit out 365 days before they can be eligible to play varsity sports at a private school.  They can be eligible day one at public, but must wait one year to play at private.  Understandably, many students are unwilling to miss an entire year of their athletic career.  Most students only play sports in high school, and I believe it is very unfair to ask them to give up a full year of an already short career.  Many students opt to not attend a private school because of this rule. 

Flobbito

For the record my comment about the potential for a private school to recruit was not meant to imply CCS does, only that it offered an explanation for the multiplier, which according to thread no longer exists.  IDK if CCS offers a tuition break to any of its athletes including the football team.

My comment about the booster funding was only meant to show that they don't have enough tuition/enrollment to fund a football program.  To my knowledge this is true, and not unique among private schools.

Lastly, I have a friend on the CCS coaching staff so I am a fan by proxy, he told me that this game would be a toss up and was right.  They had a great year and nothing to be ashamed of.

mrk1027

Yes Flo, fully booster funded and no tuition breaks anywhere that I know of, especially regarding athletics

thevoice

Quote from: Flobbito on November 24, 2018, 09:27:24 pm
For the record my comment about the potential for a private school to recruit was not meant to imply CCS does, only that it offered an explanation for the multiplier, which according to thread no longer exists.  IDK if CCS offers a tuition break to any of its athletes including the football team.

My comment about the booster funding was only meant to show that they don't have enough tuition/enrollment to fund a football program.  To my knowledge this is true, and not unique among private schools.

Lastly, I have a friend on the CCS coaching staff so I am a fan by proxy, he told me that this game would be a toss up and was right.  They had a great year and nothing to be ashamed of.

I fully understand. It makes it more impressive to me what CCS does with a much smaller pool of athletes.  They have a high degree of parental support and outstanding coaches.  The program is by the far the smallest in the state, yet they have made the playoffs EVERY year of membership in AAA. 

cuz

Quote from: thevoice on November 25, 2018, 08:23:52 am
I fully understand. It makes it more impressive to me what CCS does with a much smaller pool of athletes.  They have a high degree of parental support and outstanding coaches.  The program is by the far the smallest in the state, yet they have made the playoffs EVERY year of membership in AAA.
They have a very good program........

CCEAGLES22

Those playoff runs might be coming to a halt for a while.  Been blessed with two great senior groups the last two years. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas