• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Camden Harmony Grove @ Booneville

Started by knownothingboutfallball, November 16, 2018, 09:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who advances

Booneville Bearcats
49 (67.1%)
Camden Harmony Grove  Hornets
24 (32.9%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: November 23, 2018, 09:22:17 am

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BearcatPride96 on November 23, 2018, 09:24:27 pm
Could have won by 50, but called em off in the third quarter. But go on, tell us more...
I assume they scored 16 on the backups to make it look respectable. But we know they clock was running.

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 23, 2018, 10:02:56 pm
I assume they scored 16 on the backups to make it look respectable. But we know they clock was running.

Correct. It was 43-6 by mid 3rd Q. Backups went in.

Hgalum50

Booneville is a dang good ball team, and we made alot of mistakes that didn't help. Congrats to those Cats, I got them taking state.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 23, 2018, 10:06:11 pm
Correct. It was 43-6 by mid 3rd Q. Backups went in.
It will get tougher from here on in. The pretenders have been eliminated. I don't envision more blowouts.

rattlerfan17

One thing I was a little worried about going in to this game was how a good Booneville team would respond when faced with adversity. To this game, they hadn't really had any problems taking care of business. When CHG came out first drive with their speed, length going up getting the ball (Good Lord that one WR has absolutely amazing ups), and general big play ability, I was curious to see how the Cats would respond to being hit in the mouth.

Needless to say, they came back down after down and after a few series got the ball rolling again the other way. Another impressive game, from the perspective of a (partially) unbiased fan.

WorkOrder

Chief_Osceola™

#10 & #30 from CHG are really good football players. It was hard to tell about their running backs because Booneville was in the backfield a lot and blew up many plays behind the line of scrimmage. It seemed to me that Booneville's size up front on both sides of the ball wore down the Hornets by the 3rd quarter. Plus Booneville has several backs that can go. Ray is a load, & Robertson & Hesson are tough runners with good speed at the second level. Schlinker does a good job running the offense too. #23 IMO was the best football player on the field tonight.

elmerfudd

#10 is my kind of QB. Got a cannon, plays hard nose defense, and tries to run defenders over. He was fun to watch!

HG Hornet

Just got back home after a long foggy drive.  Hornets played well at times, but had too many mistakes to win in this type of game.  Congrats to Booneville.  Good luck against Prescott, they'll be more dangerous than we were tonight and I'll bet they don't give you guys 4 turnovers in the first half.

Yeah, you could have probably hung 50 on us, but didn't and we did score twice late to close the gap some at the end.  Classy move by your coaches.....maybe they got tired of listening to that train whistle blowing too!

Yeah, some of our guys got a little chippy at the end and the thrown helmet on the sideline was done by a frustrated senior who saw his season coming to an end.  Didn't like to see him do that, but he went and picked it up and never returned to the game. 

Our seniors #s 6, 9, 10, 13, 15, 34 played their last game tonight and had an exciting year and finished up at 9-4, which is the same record we had last year on a senior led team in 2017.  They did great things all year long and made us Hornets proud.  #2 did not play tonight after getting dinged up last week vs Glen Rose, but he still has more football to play in his future and I'm happy for him.  Good luck, Kentrell.

CHG will be back next year battling Prescott and Smackover for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and playoff seedings again.  We'll be back!

nastynice

November 24, 2018, 07:50:22 am #109 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:27:07 am by nastynice
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 23, 2018, 11:19:27 pm
#10 & #30 from CHG are really good football players. It was hard to tell about their running backs because Booneville was in the backfield a lot and blew up many plays behind the line of scrimmage. It seemed to me that Booneville's size up front on both sides of the ball wore down the Hornets by the 3rd quarter. Plus Booneville has several backs that can go. Ray is a load, & Robertson & Hesson are tough runners with good speed at the second level. Schlinker does a good job running the offense too. #23 IMO was the best football player on the field tonight.

I agree with everything you said.  #23 Dobbs was the best player on the field tonight. #2 Roberson runs hard and is a lot faster than he looks. ...Good win, next week will be whole different animal.

#10 for CHG was a stud. Wish we could borrow him next week.

CatPride

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 23, 2018, 11:19:27 pm
Really goes to show that you can't focus on stopping just 1 guy. This Booneville team can beat you in a lot of different ways. They will have their hands full Friday night, but I think these young men will be up for the challenge.

HG Hornet

Quote from: nastynice on November 24, 2018, 07:50:22 am
#10 for CHG was a stud. Wish we could borrow him next week.
Thanks for the compliment on our #10, Gannon Bearden.  He's been a 100% solid gamer since 2nd grade peewee.  He plays hard on both sides of the ball every game.  He's been one we counted on for a long time and we're gonna miss him, as we will all our seniors.

RyanLR

OLDSCHOOL82

CHG was a good team.  Curious as to some of their offensive schemes.  It looked as if they were used to being able to sit in the pocket longer, or just heave the ball up and some of the talented receivers would just go get it.  The qb is a heck of a football player.  Sacks were hard to come by, but he just got rid of it any way possible to avoid.  Which in return accounted for the interceptions.  Then the single wing a few snaps in the second half. 

BearcatPride96

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 23, 2018, 09:50:19 pm
Still wasn't by 30, and I actually gave Booneville respect cause I knew they were a great team. I actually picked them to win state early this season, but go on...

Wasn't 30 because they called off the full throttle butt-kickin', son. Again, would have worked em over by half a hundred, but seriously, GO ON...

Hgalum50

Quote from: BearcatPride96 on November 24, 2018, 07:05:56 pm
Wasn't 30 because they called off the full throttle butt-kickin', son. Again, would have worked em over by half a hundred, but seriously, GO ON...
Good to see you get especially upset about even a win! I would hate to hearbwhat you have to say when y'all lose a game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BearcatPride96 on November 24, 2018, 07:05:56 pm
Classy

BearcatPride96

Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2018, 02:26:14 pm
Classy

Truth stings, apparently. Only calling out his wrongful proclamation that another poster "being as dumb as he seems" when suggesting Booneville rolls em by 30. Whether 30 or 21, a blowout's a blowout. Point made.

davecw

Do the Booneville players wear earplugs to combat that obnoxious train horn? I was sitting on the visitor side almost as far away as you could on the bleachers and it was killing my ears. I can't imagine what it was doing to those athletes on the field.

HG Hornet

Quote from: davecw on November 26, 2018, 09:11:27 am
Do the Booneville players wear earplugs to combat that obnoxious train horn?
Doesn't matter if the players like it.  Ole Casey Jones, the engineer, likes it.........

nastynice

Do the Booneville players wear earplugs to combat that obnoxious train horn? I was sitting on the visitor side almost as far away as you could on the bleachers and it was killing my ears. I can't imagine what it was doing to those athletes on the field.

They're fine. They're not pusses!

Bearcatdad

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 26, 2018, 11:03:58 am
Doesn't matter if the players like it.  Ole Casey Jones, the engineer, likes it.........

Thats Cute.  I really like thomas the tank engine.  How did if feel getting ran over by that train friday night?

HG Hornet

November 26, 2018, 12:03:12 pm #122 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:07:17 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 26, 2018, 11:57:55 am
Thats Cute.  I really like thomas the tank engine.  How did if feel getting ran over by that train friday night?
Good one......its all in fun, Man.  Good luck next Friday. 

Bearcatdad

Jimbo Morphis

Bearcatdad

davecw

Sounds like a good business opportunity in Booneville is a hearing aid clinic because all of those tough players will have hearing loss. Anybody want to invest with me?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: davecw on November 26, 2018, 01:28:49 pm
Sounds like a good business opportunity in Booneville is a hearing aid clinic because all of those tough players will have hearing loss. Anybody want to invest with me?

You should count your blessings that you only had to hear it a dozen or so times. They could've pulled the starters later than midway through the 3rd, then you'd have heard it maybe 5 or 6 more times.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 26, 2018, 03:23:11 pm
You should count your blessings that you only had to hear it a dozen or so times. They could've pulled the starters later than midway through the 3rd, then you'd have heard it maybe 5 or 6 more times.
I know it; I'm just messing with some of them Bearcat Boys.  Booneville is loaded and they're a very good team..........probably gonna win it all. 

Better not sleep on Prescott though, I'm telling you they're very potent on both sides of the ball.  Their only loss was to Smackover and the Buckaroos wouldn't beat them again if they played them 10 times.........Prescott should have been the #1 seed on that side of the bracket, which would have meant that you Bearcats would have made the drive down south instead of the other way around.  If it wasn't so far, I would make the drive just to watch a great football game.  The eggrolls are tempting me, though!     

elmerfudd

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 26, 2018, 04:30:09 pm
I know it; I'm just messing with some of them Bearcat Boys.  Booneville is loaded and they're a very good team..........probably gonna win it all. 

Better not sleep on Prescott though, I'm telling you they're very potent on both sides of the ball.  Their only loss was to Smackover and the Buckaroos wouldn't beat them again if they played them 10 times.........Prescott should have been the #1 seed on that side of the bracket, which would have meant that you Bearcats would have made the drive down south instead of the other way around.  If it wasn't so far, I would make the drive just to watch a great football game.  The eggrolls are tempting me, though!     

Those weren't egg rolls!!! Those were earplugs!!

HG Hornet

November 26, 2018, 05:22:59 pm #130 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 05:25:20 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: elmerfudd on November 26, 2018, 04:37:13 pm
Those weren’t egg rolls!!! Those were earplugs!!
Aw he11, and I ate the dang thangs!!!

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 26, 2018, 04:30:09 pm

If they was the 1 seed wldnt meet till finals if both teams made it

HG Hornet

November 26, 2018, 07:08:43 pm #133 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 07:23:41 pm by CHG Hornet
Yes, you're correct.  Would have changed it all up; Smackeroos would have had to beat Clinton and McGehee before thinking about driving up your way.  My mistake.

gold45

It's only obnoxious on the visitor side.  It is actually very pleasant on the home side. That train horn is a lot like officiating.  It's all about perspective. 

Bearcatdad

Quote from: gold45 on November 26, 2018, 11:07:12 pm
It's only obnoxious on the visitor side.  It is actually very pleasant on the home side. That train horn is a lot like officiating.  It's all about perspective.
+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas