• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside/Shirley Sr boys

Started by Fleaflicker, November 14, 2018, 06:20:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleaflicker

So anyone confirm that Westside burned a big lead to get beat by Shirley? Oh the Irony!!! lol

riccoar

I can confirm that the 3 refs for that game were idiots.  The inside contact was not called even remotely consistent on both ends.  To be honest, the calls on both teams when called was that ticky tack crap on the floor stuff while players would get hammered going to the hole.  That being said, Westside lost the game at the charity stripe.  If they shot 25% from the FT line I'd  be shocked.  You simply can't miss that many FT's in a close game.

Sports Loser

So I take it the game was at Shirley? 

ballmember

The game was at westside per the schedule.  When the team I am rooting for wins it is the kids responsible;  when my team loses it is always the coach or officials fault or both.  Don't think I ever knew when the kids didn't play as well as the other team or just maybe we get outcoached that game because spent too much time complaining to the officials and not enough coaching the kids. 

Bigleague

Quote from: riccoar on November 14, 2018, 06:39:42 am
I can confirm that the 3 refs for that game were idiots.  The inside contact was not called even remotely consistent on both ends.  To be honest, the calls on both teams when called was that ticky tack crap on the floor stuff while players would get hammered going to the hole.  That being said, Westside lost the game at the charity stripe.  If they shot 25% from the FT line I'd  be shocked.  You simply can't miss that many FT's in a close game.

Game was at westside.   So shut up

riccoar

Quote from: Sports Loser on November 14, 2018, 06:46:01 am
So I take it the game was at Shirley?
It was at Westside.  WS missed a ton at the charity stripe, but there is no way either of those 3 guys that officiated can say they called a good game that night. 

Sports Loser

Quote from: riccoar on November 14, 2018, 08:03:31 am
It was at Westside.  WS missed a ton at the charity stripe, but there is no way either of those 3 guys that officiated can say they called a good game that night. 
Westside missed a bunch of FTs?  But they got the shaft from the refs?  How did Shirley look?

ballmember

I heard Shirley didn't get to shoot near as many free throws???? 

riccoar

Quote from: Sports Loser on November 14, 2018, 08:55:21 am
Westside missed a bunch of FTs?  But they got the shaft from the refs?  How did Shirley look?
23 is a scorer.  Looks like the coach is trying to develop some kids down low though they lack height there.  Number 20 did OK, but they had no answer for GF big kid.  He's a beast but got into early fouls.

Yes, missed way too many free shots.  The refs were awful both games.  Too much crap being called off the shot and then letting them bang down low.  Frustrating.

Sports Loser

Thanks for the info.  Seems much like what ballmember said earlier the kids get all the credit when they win and when they lose it's the refs or coach at fault.  Sounds like it was a good back and forth game.  Someone said Shirley was down big early.  The new Coach there must have made some good adjustments. 

SackAttack

Our boys gave it a good go but looked like they let go of the rope at times! Agree Brown complained all night but that's coaches strength so play it up!! Strength of golf course too see what I did there! Play it up!! Master of the foot wedge and pencil whipping!! Serious issues here! I keep going back to the crowing and blustriness of summer ball!

riccoar

Quote from: Sports Loser on November 14, 2018, 10:21:36 am
Thanks for the info.  Seems much like what ballmember said earlier the kids get all the credit when they win and when they lose it's the refs or coach at fault.  Sounds like it was a good back and forth game.  Someone said Shirley was down big early.  The new Coach there must have made some good adjustments.
No, at most it was 12.  Shirley had a stretch of turnovers and Westside was converting those and hitting 3's.  Both teams are down from what they have had and done the last 2 seasons.  Had Brown not pulled the two 9th graders up, they would be a lot worse off.  Both start and both are leading scorers.  Once he gets the rest of that Jr. High squad to Sr. High, they are gonna be awesome.

SackAttack

Quote from: riccoar on November 14, 2018, 10:42:17 am
No, at most it was 12.  Shirley had a stretch of turnovers and Westside was converting those and hitting 3's.  Both teams are down from what they have had and done the last 2 seasons.  Had Brown not pulled the two 9th graders up, they would be a lot worse off.  Both start and both are leading scorers.  Once he gets the rest of that Jr. High squad to Sr. High, they are gonna be awesome.
blah blah blah and just how do you know that?? We got chemistry issues already! Bring up the jr High next year and do what with the 4-5 sophs that are playing now! Pouring gas on an already almost dumpster fire! Kabloooosh

Sports Loser

Who won the Sr Girls game Westside and Shirley?

riccoar

Quote from: Sports Loser on November 14, 2018, 12:29:26 pm
Who won the Sr Girls game Westside and Shirley?
Westside.  Their real test for the season starts:

11/27  @ Rural
11/30 MVE
12/4  @Concord
12/7  Wonderview

BlueDevilFan

I watched this game with quite the interest, and I actually had WS picked as the winner based on Shirley's earlier performances.  WS at the half had a I believe a 15 point lead, yes the officiating was horrendous.  I will say this WS is a young team and give Brown time I belive while probably not this year but in the next couple that team will be tough to deal with.

As for Shirley's coach making changes at half, it looked more like to me that #23 from Shirley picked the team up and put it on his back and carried them to the finish line, he's is tough to shut down when he get's rolling and from what I saw that's what happened.

If your wanting to maybe watch this game I think they still have it up for a little bit here.

http://fairfieldbaynews.com/lake-area-sports/

ballmember

Watched replay on lakeareasports  and thought officiating was not determining factor in the game.   both teams played hard and despite bluedevilfan luvin brown and jabs at Shirley throughout his posts-must be westside fan in disguise-the Shirley coach must have thought to get them to play better defense in second half.  heard they have practice also bulldevilfan, might think about changing ur name-eagleindisguise!!!

ZacAttack

Quote from: ballmember on November 15, 2018, 08:01:29 am
Watched replay on lakeareasports  and thought officiating was not determining factor in the game.
Due to my aging hip and the cold weather, I wasn't able to attend the Shirley/Westside games, but I was able to watch it on LakeAreaSports.com (if you never watched it you should; they do a great job and provide good exposure to our area).  I agree with ballmember that the refs didn't decide this game!  It was a competitive game, but Shirley, behind #23's third quarter, was too much for the Eagles.  My takeaways from the game are: the Eagles will probably improve over the season, but not sure how much and can the Blue Devils play with the same intensity when their old coach ISN'T on the opposite bench?  I'm hoping this will be an interesting series for a couple of seasons.

And SackAttack, I want to present a different side to your Eagles' chemistry equation.  Are you old enough to have seen that great American patriot John Wayne's movie Hellfighters (I'm sure it's been on TBS a couple thousand times)?  The movie was loosely based on Red Adair, who specialized in extinguishing oil well fires using explosives.  What better way to turn things around than with a big BANG!!

BlueDevilFan

Watched replay on lakeareasports  and thought officiating was not determining factor in the game.   both teams played hard and despite bluedevilfan luvin brown and jabs at Shirley throughout his posts-must be westside fan in disguise-the Shirley coach must have thought to get them to play better defense in second half.  heard they have practice also bulldevilfan, might think about changing ur name-eagleindisguise!!!

If you go back and look I have been a avid supporter of the Blue Devils and will continue to support them.  I was simply voicing my opinion on what I saw, as someone else pointed out the desire for the Blue Devils to beat their former coach played into it as well.  We will see tonight when they match up against Conway St. Joe as I will be attending it in person.

SackAttack

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on November 15, 2018, 02:57:59 pm
If you go back and look I have been a avid supporter of the Blue Devils and will continue to support them.  I was simply voicing my opinion on what I saw, as someone else pointed out the desire for the Blue Devils to beat their former coach played into it as well.  We will see tonight when they match up against Conway St. Joe as I will be attending it in person.
Sack sure wishes he could go to see how the Blue boys respond but I gotta work on the grill!

riccoar

That's cute, because nobody said it was the determining factor.  I said their officiating was horrible BOTH games.  THE most determining factor for Westside was missed FT's.  And who on here is saying Westside doesn't hold practice?

BannerMountainMan

I did happen to get to watch this game, Shirley got aggressive in the 2nd half. Very good game. Flukes happen all the time but if Shirley wins both times then they will keep have 6 years in a row of winning the series over Westside.

Sports Loser

Quote from: riccoar on November 14, 2018, 06:39:42 am
I think this Riccoar woman is a troll against refs.  I noticed she was saying that refs shaft her team everywhere even at home when they lose?!  Kind of weird.  Maybe she wanted to be a ref

scrapdig

Quote from: Sports Loser on December 06, 2018, 09:20:17 am
I think this Riccoar woman is a troll against refs.  I noticed she was saying that refs shaft her team everywhere even at home when they lose?!  Kind of weird.  Maybe she wanted to be a ref
Maybe she doesn't like shafts???

HorseFeathers

Sports Loser

I do wish Riccoar the best and I have enjoyed watching their teams play have watched them 5 times this year.  I really enjoy watching your girls play fun to watch and are really good.  Your boys have potential too.  Maybe none of the teams will lose again therefore we can all not have suffer through the ref stuff.  I don't know if you played sports when you were young but if you did, did you make excuses every loss or did you ever just say I got beat good game?  Something to think about to the people or kids you influence!  And we all influence people.  Sorry I called you a woman and told you to take Midol.  Prob see you down the road at a few games good luck

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas