• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 10... Conway at Bryant

Started by Razorback Red, October 30, 2018, 08:34:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

I know this game is being over-shadowed by the battle of Bentonville, but still a huge game to decide the 2 and 3 seeds in the Central, one gets a bye and the other hosts next week (prob VB).   

I've only seen them both play one time and they are both better than what I saw on those nights.  I tend to lean toward Bryant by about 10 at home, but Conway has the interior horses to compete. 

Curious to hear the thoughts of those of you who have seen them more than I have?

I think the real key for these two teams begins in the playoffs.  Which of these two has the horses to get to the Rock?

Razorback Red

Huge game for zero talk about it?  I know the Battle of Bentonville is huge and getting the press, but this one is pretty huge as well.

Any thoughts?

businesstron

It'll definitely be a war.   To me atleast it's too close to call.  I think the game last year went to OT with Bryant winning.   I think the same will happen this year since Bryant team is similar to what it was last year just better at QB and a lil weaker at WR.

Razorback Red

Thanks.  Trying to put the focus back on football rather than the drama on the SHS/HB thread. 

Lots of kids playing for state titles, I like to focus on that!

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: businesstron on November 01, 2018, 11:11:34 am
It'll definitely be a war.   To me atleast it's too close to call.  I think the game last year went to OT with Bryant winning.   I think the same will happen this year since Bryant team is similar to what it was last year just better at QB and a lil weaker at WR.

No OT but Bryant had to make a comeback, down 21-7 after 1, 24-14 at half and 31-21 in the 4th, to win 42-31.  This should be a battle.  Hopefully Bryant will come out strong for Sr night instead of hung over from the NLR game.

francocat

Last year's game was a thriller & If I remember right the last Bryant TD was kind of a tack on after Conway tried a last ditch effort when Bryant went ahead 35-31 (could be wrong, getting old). Anyway, this has become a tremendous rivalry in all sports & I just think the Cats are due. Conway by 6.

Razorback Red

Not that they need more fuel for this game, but I believe (don't have the bracket in front of me) the loser of this game will have to travel to the loser of BHS/West in round 2 which won't be easy. 

Walter

This game has been a rivalry going back to the Payton Hillis days. I still remember Conway accusing us of watering down the field before the game to slow them down. There were pictures in the Courier of a Helicopter trying to dry the field off. Bryant by 10.

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: francocat on November 01, 2018, 06:41:33 pm
Last year's game was a thriller & If I remember right the last Bryant TD was kind of a tack on after Conway tried a last ditch effort when Bryant went ahead 35-31 (could be wrong, getting old). Anyway, this has become a tremendous rivalry in all sports & I just think the Cats are due. Conway by 6.

Correct...except for that last part.  Bryant by 7.

PioneerBandman

Too bad this wasn't a game... Bryant dominated in every way.

Walter

First time I have seen James lose his cool and get a 15 yard unsportsman on him. I guess it is easier to do when your leading 26 to 3 but the ref deserved it and the team and crowd needed to know he would stand up and with them.

francocat

First half was actually OK for the Cats. But...I'll say this, James got his team's full attention in the second half and they destroyed Conway in every way, including well past the echo of the whistle (see tackle outside the back of end zone). The ref should have flagged James way before he did & obviously he was trying to get the penalty. What surprised me was that more coaches also didn't get flagged because the whole staff was on the field, even after the penalty. I didn't think this before the game, but Bryant has a legitimate chance vs. NLR if they play as hard as they did on Friday night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas