• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The east 5 way tie for second

Started by A D M, October 22, 2018, 06:33:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A D M

October 22, 2018, 06:33:51 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:38:08 pm by A D M
How's this five way tie for second seed going to play out in the east?

AT

October 22, 2018, 06:43:54 pm #1 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:48:55 pm by Almatrackster
Note 1: The only game result that has changed in conference is that Blytheville now has a 13 point loss to Nettleton INSTEAD of Nettleton having a 13+ loss to Blytheville.

Note 2: In the 5 way tie for second, Nettleton is, for now, not thought about in any tiebreaking purposes.

Note 3:

Batesville
Blytheville
Wynne
Valley View
Forrest City

We only care about how these teams have done against each other to this point. Head to head above all else unless head to head can't differentiate, then TB points.

Batesville and Blytheville are 2-1 against the others for now with 1 game remaining against the others.

Batesville beat Blytheville

Batesville is true second right now.

Blytheville would then be 2-0 if you removed Batesville.

Blytheville is true third right now.

If you remove Blytheville and Batesville, Wynne is 1-0 against the others.

Wynne is true fourth right now.

Remove Blytheville, Batesville, Wynne, VV is 1-0 against FC

Valley View is true 5th right now.

Forrest City is true 6th right now.

AT

Maybe a better visual:

Round 1 (Records vs other teams in round)
2. Batesville (2-1) - Beat Blytheville
Blytheville (2-1)
Forrest City (1-1)
Wynne (1-2)
Valley View (1-2)

Round 2 (Records vs other teams in round)
3. Blytheville (2-0)
Wynne (1-1)
Valley View (1-1)
Forrest City (0-1)

Round 3 (Records vs other teams in round
4. Wynne (1-0) - Beat Valley View
Valley View (1-0)
Forrest City (0-1)

Round 4 (Records vs other team in round)
5. Valley View (1-0)
Forrest City (0-1)

Round 5 (Duh)
6. Forrest City

AT

Batesville has games against GCT and VV. They are in a good spot.

Blytheville has games against Paragould and FC. They need Batesville to lose one and win out.

Wynne has games against FC and Nettleton. They need to win out and Batesville and Blytheville to both lose one.

Valley View has games against Nettleton and Batesville. They need to win out and if they do they would give Batesville one loss. Most else they could ask for is Wynne beating Blytheville. Even better; Paragould upsetting Blytheville.

FC may currently be in "6th" but have their playoff destiny in their hand because they can beat Blytheville and Wynne and put themselves at 5-2 and those two at 4-3 at best.

A D M

Thanks Almatrackster you really cleared that up.

JessieP

Alma is our FF Yoda, his wisdom is appreciated.

PA Dad

As usual I wondered if Batesville would make the playoffs this year.   Now it looks like they will be a 2 seed.

Typical Batesville.

AT

Quote from: PA Dad on October 22, 2018, 07:54:01 pm
As usual I wondered if Batesville would make the playoffs this year.   Now it looks like they will be a 2 seed.

Typical Batesville.

It's absolutely amazing

RunninJoe

On the standings thread you have FC in the 4 spot. I guess I'm confused how they're a 6 in this thread.

JessieP

Quote from: RunninJoe on October 22, 2018, 09:49:06 pm
On the standings thread you have FC in the 4 spot. I guess I'm confused how they're a 6 in this thread.

I think he's referring to the fact that FC has Wynne and Blytheville left. All 3 teams in contention and there is no way for all 3 to win out.

AT

Quote from: RunninJoe on October 22, 2018, 09:49:06 pm

Thanks. Typo on my part.

The_Pioneer

October 23, 2018, 06:01:52 pm #11 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 06:03:49 pm by The_Pioneer
All our evil plans are coming together....

JessieP

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 23, 2018, 06:01:52 pm
All our evil plans are coming together....

We've got them right where we want them.

JessieP

I think that Batesville has the easiest path to win out. I'm not saying CGT or VV will be easy, I'm saying of all the teams tied for second ours looks like the clearest path.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: JessieP on October 23, 2018, 07:17:52 pm
I think that Batesville has the easiest path to win out. I'm not saying CGT or VV will be easy, I'm saying of all the teams tied for second ours looks like the clearest path.

lol...GCT is horrible.

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on October 23, 2018, 07:17:52 pm
Here is what is gonna happen Wynne beats FC, GCT beats Neers, VV beats Netty, and the Rams spank the Chicks.  I had to go to this backwoods shack in Possum Grape Arkansas to conduct a voodoo ritual to guarantee these outcomes, so sorry guys if any plans have been ruined.  I learned these tactics from Overdahill, he has been doing this for years to assure a victory for the Neers over the Jackets.

Blazer51

Quote from: JacketFan on October 25, 2018, 10:58:39 pm
Here is what is gonna happen Wynne beats FC, GCT beats Neers, VV beats Netty, and the Rams spank the Chicks.  I had to go to this backwoods shack in Possum Grape Arkansas to conduct a voodoo ritual to guarantee these outcomes, so sorry guys if any plans have been ruined.  I learned these tactics from Overdahill, he has been doing this for years to assure a victory for the Neers over the Jackets.

Looks like one of your predictions was right. Lol

j-mann raider 02

if forrest city beats wynne  nettletion  will still win the east  even with a likely wynne loss next week   but
its looks like it will be  a 3 way tie between batesville wynne and nettletion   unless vv can beat batesvillie   but right now forrest city and wynne are tied   so does  ot happeh   anyway  good game VV   

JacketFan

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 26, 2018, 09:29:19 pm
Looks like one of your predictions was right. Lol
Looks like I got 2 out of 4 right, gonna have to get my money back from that voodoo scam artist in possum grape, go jackets

NEASPORTSFAN

Way to go Pioneers and thanks Jackets!

JacketFan

Quote from: NEASPORTSFAN on October 26, 2018, 10:03:10 pm
Way to go Pioneers and thanks Jackets!
Way to go Jackets, and thanks Pioneers!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas