• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4a games and picks!

Started by BigRiverviewGuy, October 22, 2018, 11:39:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRiverviewGuy

Lonoke at Stuttgart
Heber Springs at Riverview
CAC at Bald Knob
Southside at Mills

Thoughts and picks on these matchups?

Little Bear

October 22, 2018, 11:42:38 am #1 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:53:13 am by Little Bear
Stuttgart will wear down Lonoke.     Halftime will be close but Stuttgart wins by 21 in the end.

CAC and Bald Knob is the best matchup of the week.     If the Bald Knob defense can slow down the Mustangs they have a chance.   I think if both teams play a clean game CAC wins.    I'm picking CAC.

Heber will just have too many athletes and their rb will rush for another 150-200 yrds.     Riverview's gameplan is all buit around #10 and he seems to have a problem staying on the field.     Heber wins this one.

Southside travels to Mills.    Southside will be looking ahead but will still win.   Mills may get a few scores in but SS is too well coached and organized to let 0-8 Mills beat them.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Little Bear on October 22, 2018, 11:42:38 am
Stuttgart will wear down Lonoke.     Halftime will be close but Stuttgart wins by 21 in the end.

CAC and Bald Knob is the best matchup of the week.     If the Bald Knob defense can slow down the Mustangs they have a chance.   I think if both teams play a clean game CAC wins.    I'm picking CAC.

Heber will just have too many athletes and their rb will rush for another 150-200 yrds.     Riverview's gameplan is all buit around #10 and he seems to have a problem staying on the field.     Heber wins this one.

Southside travels to Mills.    Southside will be looking ahead but will still win.   Mills may get a few scores in but SS is too well coached and organized to let 0-8 Mills beat them.

I think Lonoke/Stuttgart game will be a 2 score final.

Look for BK to beat CAC @ Home

Heber will dominate

Southside will rebound and beat Mills

Ladyfan

Quote from: Little Bear on October 22, 2018, 11:42:38 am

No contest for Stuttgart or Southside.

CAC beats Bald Knob by 7

Heber wins big.

MillsFan1985

Stuttgart by 20 over Lonoke 36-26

CAC by 6 over BK 22-16

Heber by 21 over Riverview 41-20

Southside by 34 over Mills 40-6

RabAlumni

Quote from: MillsFan1985 on October 25, 2018, 10:59:44 am
Stuttgart by 20 over Lonoke 36-26

CAC by 6 over BK 22-16

Heber by 21 over Riverview 41-20

Southside by 34 over Mills 40-6

The Stuttgart score IMO will be that close, but your math is a tad wrong.

I think BK squeaks one out at Home vs CAC.

Heber definitely rolls up Riverview

Southside will beat Mills but by 24 at most!

HeberFan

Looking at common opponents and recent play, CAC should win.  Or, who the heck knows!

MillsFan1985

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 25, 2018, 11:03:26 am
The Stuttgart score IMO will be that close, but your math is a tad wrong.

I think BK squeaks one out at Home vs CAC.

Heber definitely rolls up Riverview

Southside will beat Mills but by 24 at most!

Sorry about that... 16...

phdefense

MillsFan1985

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 25, 2018, 11:08:47 am
Looking at common opponents and recent play, CAC should win.  Or, who the heck knows!

Playing BK @ BK is well... I won't say!  If CAC's Offense plays like they did against Lonoke the other night then BK honestly should win.

RabAlumni

RabAlumni

Old Ball Coach

Ricebirds 31 Rabbits 20 Clock will move quickly with all that running. Outside of the Blaze at H.S. best backs in conference
Heber 41 The View 14   Panthers will start slow and finish strong
CAC 35 BK 20   No deluge means CAC will score points. In a physical game, the passing yards are the difference
Southside 27 Mills 14 Picked to win the conference, the Southerners must win next week to get in playoffs

Redwolves8526

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 25, 2018, 11:15:55 am

Playing BK @ BK is well... I won't say!  If CAC's Offense plays like they did against Lonoke the other night then BK honestly should win.

I am curious as to what you would say...Bk doesn't/can't, or along with everyone else in the conference, assign their own refs. The conference assigner does that. Do you think the refs assigned there are just partial to BK over the opposing team each time BK is at home?

RabAlumni

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 25, 2018, 12:37:23 pm
I am curious as to what you would say...Bk doesn't/can't, or along with everyone else in the conference, assign their own refs. The conference assigner does that. Do you think the refs assigned there are just partial to BK over the opposing team each time BK is at home?

^^^^^ Likely the Food, Maybe Who Dat's or the Bull Dog Cafe that pushes them over the edge?

HeberFan

Has anyone compiled stats that show the Knobbers get a home-field advantage with the refs?

MillsFan1985

Quote from: HeberFan on October 25, 2018, 12:57:03 pm
Has anyone compiled stats that show the Knobbers get a home-field advantage with the refs?

I'm pretty sure the 2-4A has their own referees for conference games but hey, Lonoke is in this conference so you never know.

Riverviewdad5

Quote from: Old Ball Coach on October 25, 2018, 12:21:15 pm
Ricebirds 31 Rabbits 20 Clock will move quickly with all that running. Outside of the Blaze at H.S. best backs in conference
Heber 41 The View 14   Panthers will start slow and finish strong
CAC 35 BK 20   No deluge means CAC will score points. In a physical game, the passing yards are the difference
Southside 27 Mills 14 Picked to win the conference, the Southerners must win next week to get in playoffs
All you posters may forgetting about number 33 from stuttgart in the best back conversation

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: Riverviewdad5 on October 25, 2018, 02:09:02 pm
All you posters may forgetting about number 33 from stuttgart in the best back conversation
i believe that blayze has nothing on walker

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on October 25, 2018, 02:09:57 pm
i believe that blayze has nothing on walker
yes dirtybirdz youre correct

BigRiverviewGuy

Quote from: Riverviewdad5 on October 25, 2018, 02:09:02 pm

Me and Riverview Dad sat in awe as David Walker took a one handed pick 99 yards while hurdling one of our most athletic kids, and mossing a safety and corner for another touchdown, so he is the best back in 2 4a in our opinion

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on October 25, 2018, 02:11:20 pm
yes dirtybirdz youre correct

Whoops. You quoted yourself. Forgot to log out and back in to other account? Lol

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: BigRiverviewGuy on October 25, 2018, 02:11:44 pm
Me and Riverview Dad sat in awe as David Walker took a one handed pick 99 yards while hurdling one of our most athletic kids, and mossing a safety and corner for another touchdown, so he is the best back in 2 4a in our opinion
he is a running freight train, there is no stopping him. He tackles the whole pile when there is a pile on the field going after a player

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 25, 2018, 02:14:59 pm

Whoops. You quoted yourself. Forgot to log out and back in to other account? Lol
lol haha i did it on purpose wondering who would notice!

SUGARTOWN

dirtybirdz69

Old Ball Coach

October 25, 2018, 02:32:57 pm #28 Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:35:11 pm by Old Ball Coach
Easy. Don't get your feelings hurt. I was complimentary of the backs at Lonoke and Stuttgart. Nelson has over 1,000 yards rushing. Stuttgart only beat em by 3. He and Adams, the TB from Lonoke run really hard. May not be as big as Stuttgart's tailback but pound for pound.......

SUGARTOWN

Funny thing is, Walker is not even the starting RB for the Ricebirds. Of course he COULD be, but there's no need to wear him out on offense when he's much more needed on defense. I would say he gets around 10 carries a game. He had no carries last week and very few at Riverview. I'm sure his number of carries will go up come playoff time, but the Birds have at least 2 other more than capable running backs who are playing very well also.

And they been passing much than usual (and doing it very well) the past few weeks anyway.

HeberFan

How about we say Nelson and Walker are both excellent players, and, do what is needed for their teams?  If you swapped them out, they would also perform well for the other team. There ya' go.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 25, 2018, 12:45:53 pm

^^^^^ Likely the Food, Maybe Who Dat's or the Bull Dog Cafe that pushes them over the edge?

I figured I wouldn't get a real answer. And a Heber poster asked for stats that proved that BK got help at home? Isn't everyone better at home rather than on the road for every sport imaginable?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on October 25, 2018, 02:17:42 pm
lol I really did. Thoughts on the game?

Also, this is laughable. How many accounts do you have? Hahaha wow

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 26, 2018, 08:00:08 am
Also, this is laughable. How many accounts do you have? Hahaha wow
Haha I just have one!

RabAlumni

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 25, 2018, 04:40:14 pm
I figured I wouldn't get a real answer. And a Heber poster asked for stats that proved that BK got help at home? Isn't everyone better at home rather than on the road for every sport imaginable?

We were actually better on the road in Baseball, it was kinda weird!   As for Stat's I think that will be proven when BK wins tonight and next Friday night (both games are home).

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 26, 2018, 08:50:34 am

We were actually better on the road in Baseball, it was kinda weird!   As for Stat's I think that will be proven when BK wins tonight and next Friday night (both games are home).

Heber is actually very good on the road, combined 19-13 during this season and the previous four.

My question was, can anyone factually show a penalty bias during Bald Knob home games?

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 08:58:49 am
Heber is actually very good on the road, combined 19-13 during this season and the previous four.

My question was, can anyone factually show a penalty bias during Bald Knob home games?

Is there anywhere besides sometimes the Gazzette that actually has penalty information from games?

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 26, 2018, 09:03:00 am

Is there anywhere besides sometimes the Gazzette that actually has penalty information from games?

Probably not, which goes to my point. Don't claim something that cannot be supported.

dirtybirdz69

I would like to know about the penalties! Can anyone take a jab at the amount thrown?

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 09:04:59 am
Probably not, which goes to my point. Don't claim something that cannot be supported.

BK is -5 on the opposition per home game.   Just throwing that out there!  Let's all be sure to look in the Gazzette tomorrow after tonight's CAC game!

HeberFan

Bald Knob has averaged five fewer penalties per game, this season, when playing at home?

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 09:17:30 am

Bald Knob has averaged five fewer penalties per game, this season, when playing at home?
Proves that they need help from the refs for a win

HeberFan

October 26, 2018, 09:21:38 am #42 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:31:13 am by HeberFan
First, we don't know if that is what the poster meant.

Second, it is not a large enough sample to be statistically meaningful.

Third, it doesn't factor in whether the Bulldogs were already better than the teams they beat.

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 09:17:30 am

I believe that to be accurate

Redwolves8526

RabAlumni

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 26, 2018, 09:44:18 am
Sources?

Friday Nights?   No seriously, I tracked it down via the freedom of information act.   No I am kidding again, spoke to a sportswriter at the Gazzette.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 26, 2018, 09:46:17 am

Friday Nights?   No seriously, I tracked it down via the freedom of information act.   No I am kidding again, spoke to a sportswriter at the Gazzette.

Lol Ahhh, seems a little fishy there buddy. No penalties mentioned on MaxPreps either. Just curious as to how BK gets home cooking when refs are distributed by the conference assigner. Makes zero sense. It's also obvious that a team generally plays better at home.

HeberFan

I have stats showing that a team scoring the most points wins 100% of the time, unless, they later must forfeit for various reasons.

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 09:52:55 am
I have stats showing that a team scoring the most points wins 100% of the time, unless, they later must forfeit for various reasons.
lol I agree with Heber

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 09:52:55 am

Sometimes they call it a tie?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas