• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 4A-3 conference (Girls)

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, October 21, 2018, 05:02:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Well Basketball fans the season is about 2 weeks away. When is everyone's first games and opponents? What does your team have returning this year? Predictions for this year?

4A-3 conference

Batesville
Blytheville
Brookland
Highland
Pocahonts
Southside
Valley View
Westside

Brookland Red and Black Scrimmage Oct 30th.  Season starts off November 9th at Marmaduke Classic vs The Host team.

skins68

I would think Batesville & Brookland will be the top two teams! I think both return all of their main players! Do you know if Southside will have enough for a team? I heard they had several starters that were transferring??

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: skins68 on October 21, 2018, 09:28:20 pm
I would think Batesville & Brookland will be the top two teams! I think both return all of their main players! Do you know if Southside will have enough for a team? I heard they had several starters that were transferring??

I would give the nod to Batesville right now, but I'm not sure who they lost.
Batesville beat Brookland last season at Paragoud 67-61
I wouldn't count Pochahontas out of the running, they made a great comeback in district Finals against us last year but we were able to hold them off. Losing our Point Guard in 1st qtr of Regionals vs Lonoke with ACL injury was too much for us to overcome.
As for Southside I have no clue. I suppose this forum will pick up as we get more into basketball season. Hopefully more people will give input on their teams!!
Good Luck to all the teams this year!!

WHSwarriorparent

Hoping that Westside isn't at the bottom with only 2 wins this year. There are several sophomores that should improve their chances! (fingers crossed)

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: WHSwarriorparent on October 23, 2018, 02:24:34 pm
Hoping that Westside isn't at the bottom with only 2 wins this year. There are several sophomores that should improve their chances! (fingers crossed)

Yes I believe Westside had a really good Jr girls  team last year!! We have some sophs that should get some plaing time, I'll know more after I see our Red n Black scrimmage on 30th.
Thanks for your input!!

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 21, 2018, 05:02:17 pm
Well Basketball fans the season is about 2 weeks away. When is everyone's first games and opponents? What does your team have returning this year? Predictions for this year?

4A-3 conference

Batesville
Blytheville
Brookland
Highland
Pocahonts
Southside
Valley View
Westside

Brookland Red and Black Scrimmage Oct 30th.  Season starts off November 9th at Marmaduke Classic vs The Host team.
Highland has a benefit game@Highland Saturday, Nov 2 w/Corning and Truman playing halves. Then kicks of first official game vs Buffalo Island Central @Marmaduke Nov 9.

87DAWG

October 31, 2018, 05:52:54 am #6 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:55:48 am by 87DAWG
SS has 8 players I believe but, to me, their best player will be out til late December or early January with a knee issue. Had their point guard move to Batesville, along with her sister who, is a PG too and is a freshman. SS new point guard will be a freshman. New role for her but she is a competitor and SS is young.

87DAWG

Batesville is loaded, I give them the nod! Brookland, then, to me it will be a grind. I'm a Highland follower and Highland has 9 players, the Sr is hurt and hasn't played since she was a Sophomore. So to start season, Highland has 7 Juniors and a freshman. Young and not deep but the potential looks really good on paper. We will see but looking forward to watching them this season!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on October 31, 2018, 05:46:44 am
Highland has a benefit game@Highland Saturday, Nov 2 w/Corning and Truman playing halves. Then kicks of first official game vs Buffalo Island Central @Marmaduke Nov 9.

What time is game on Nov 9 vs BIC at Marmaduke?

NEA Razorback olfan

I really enjoyed watching the Brookland Girls Red and Black scrimmage last night ...after watching I believe they will compete in conference. Coach has some options and some young depth this year.
Will know more after their first game vs Marmaduke. Marmaduke loves to press and shoot the Trey.

87DAWG

NEA Razorback olfan

cannon

Batesville and Brookland are the front runners, for sure. The Gardner sisters are a great addition to an already spectacular group at Batesville, and the Ford sisters will now share the court with an awesome group at Brookland.

If valley view isn't at the very bottom of the pack, they won't be more than three rungs off. They have zero seniors, 3 juniors, 5 sophomores, and 2 freshmen.  I don't expect Blytheville's girls to do too much (they haven't had a great girls program historically) and I know westside is rebuilding. I'm familiar with the Pena girl at highland, but I haven't seen the rest of their senior team, and I know next to nothing about Pocahontas and Southside.  Nonetheless, I'd say nobody in the district will compete with Batesville and Brokland's girls program. Lots of talent on both those teams.

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on November 04, 2018, 05:15:32 pm
Batesville and Brookland are the front runners, for sure. The Gardner sisters are a great addition to an already spectacular group at Batesville, and the Ford sisters will now share the court with an awesome group at Brookland.

If valley view isn't at the very bottom of the pack, they won't be more than three rungs off. They have zero seniors, 3 juniors, 5 sophomores, and 2 freshmen.  I don't expect Blytheville's girls to do too much (they haven't had a great girls program historically) and I know westside is rebuilding. I'm familiar with the Pena girl at highland, but I haven't seen the rest of their senior team, and I know next to nothing about Pocahontas and Southside.  Nonetheless, I'd say nobody in the district will compete with Batesville and Brokland's girls program. Lots of talent on both those teams.
Abby Dietche, 2018 Newcomer of the year, according to the Jonesboro Sun, for the Region will have some help at Highland this year. Not deep, as Highland will start the season with 8.(7 Juniors and a Freshman) Hopefully Highland will be overlooked the nights Highland play Brookland and Batesville at home and we can maybe compete!! Good luck to all the 4A-3 girls teams.

cannon

Quote from: 87DAWG on November 06, 2018, 11:27:32 am
Abby Dietche, 2018 Newcomer of the year, according to the Jonesboro Sun, for the Region will have some help at Highland this year. Not deep, as Highland will start the season with 8.(7 Juniors and a Freshman) Hopefully Highland will be overlooked the nights Highland play Brookland and Batesville at home and we can maybe compete!! Good luck to all the 4A-3 girls teams.

I would expect Highland's girls to be among the top 3 in the district. I'd give a 3-way tie for last place to go to V.V., Blytheville, and Westside. The top and the bottom are pretty easy to call.  I suspect that the teams in the middle wil play the fun, competitive games, but again, I haven't seen them.

87DAWG

Sr girls from the Highland Classic:

11/12 Marmaduke 49 Valley View 47

Hoxie 72 Batesville Southside 41

11/13 Batesville 82 Mt. View 73

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on November 14, 2018, 08:10:52 am
Sr girls from the Highland Classic:

11/12 Marmaduke 49 Valley View 47

Hoxie 72 Batesville Southside 41

11/13 Batesville 82 Mt. View 73

How did Batesville look ?
Sounds like a pretty good game
Thanks for the updates

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 14, 2018, 08:48:23 am
How did Batesville look ?
Sounds like a pretty good game
Thanks for the updates
[/quote Batesville looked good. Fowler played 10 girls. Not as big as Brookland (who is?) but able to put it in the basket. #24 shook the rust off, coming from volleyball, and was the most athletic on the floor. #30 and #23 are skilled guards and among the best in the region. There are among others that can play too but them 3, along with 21, really stood out. Mt View isn't as big as last year but should make noise in the 3A. Your welcome. Batesville/Melbourne were scheduled to play tonight but it was cancelled for some reason. Valley View plays Viola tonight if weather permits.

iRebound

Viola takes down Valley View. I noticed Viola also beat Wonderview earlier in the year. Does Viola have a heck of a squad or what?

87DAWG

Quote from: iRebound on November 16, 2018, 12:55:15 pm
Viola takes down Valley View. I noticed Viola also beat Wonderview earlier in the year. Does Viola have a heck of a squad or what?
They have the Sellers girl out too! Wonderview was said to be missing one that night! No matter tho, the Sellers addition from Salem makes them a contender in the 1A mix! Just my opinion...Valley View is young and down this year. Had to move, this is just hear say, 2 Freshman up to make 10. Valley View might struggle this year but can shot the 3! Be a different story if the Volleyball girls would come out and help! Dang shame! I believe Highland and Viola will face off in the 1st round of the Lyon College Tournament...

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on November 16, 2018, 11:08:38 pm
They have the Sellers girl out too! Wonderview was said to be missing one that night! No matter tho, the Sellers addition from Salem makes them a contender in the 1A mix! Just my opinion...Valley View is young and down this year. Had to move, this is just hear say, 2 Freshman up to make 10. Valley View might struggle this year but can shot the 3! Be a different story if the Volleyball girls would come out and help! Dang shame! I believe Highland and Viola will face off in the 1st round of the Lyon College Tournament...

Good luck in Lyon Tournament!!

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 16, 2018, 11:13:05 pm
Good luck in Lyon Tournament!!
Thank you! When do the girls play in y'alls tournament? Or is that a Boys' tournament?

NEA Razorback olfan

cannon

Quote from: 87DAWG on November 16, 2018, 11:08:38 pm
Valley View is young and down this year. Had to move, this is just hear say, 2 Freshman up to make 10. Valley View might struggle this year but can shot the 3! Be a different story if the Volleyball girls would come out and help! Dang shame!

It IS a shame. Valley View is a school that almost forces a choice between VB & basketball, and they will continue to be able to do that so long as they dominate the state volleyball tournament.  We have size and athleticism, just not on the basketball team. To add to it, they've got another sophomore down with an ACL tear since last week. They're back down to 9 players.  A school that size should field 15 kids and turn away that many more in the senior high division.

I'm shocked that they've played the games they've been in close thus far.  That'll change when they start seeing Brookland, Batesville, and Highland. The size and athleticism of those teams is simply a dominate force that our girls will not be able to compete against. Its a shame, too, because win or lose, I like to watch competitive match ups. I'm afraid that there aren't going to be a lot of those for valley view's girls.

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on November 17, 2018, 01:38:09 pm
It IS a shame. Valley View is a school that almost forces a choice between VB & basketball, and they will continue to be able to do that so long as they dominate the state volleyball tournament.  We have size and athleticism, just not on the basketball team. To add to it, they've got another sophomore down with an ACL tear since last week. They're back down to 9 players.  A school that size should field 15 kids and turn away that many more in the senior high division.

I'm shocked that they've played the games they've been in close thus far.  That'll change when they start seeing Brookland, Batesville, and Highland. The size and athleticism of those teams is simply a dominate force that our girls will not be able to compete against. Its a shame, too, because win or lose, I like to watch competitive match ups. I'm afraid that there aren't going to be a lot of those for valley view's girls.
I agree! When I played years ago the girls Jr and Sr volleyball teams were their basketball teams!! Different times I guess.

87DAWG

Highland Classic 4A-3 Scores

Batesville SS 51 Riverside 54...Riverside was missing 2 I was told by a fan of Riverside

Highland 20 plus over Marmaduke.....didn't see the final but they were up by 30 plus at on point.

Batesville up 20 plus over Salem at halftime......I left at half....

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on November 17, 2018, 08:57:35 pm
Highland Classic 4A-3 Scores

Batesville SS 51 Riverside 54...Riverside was missing 2 I was told by a fan of Riverside

Highland 20 plus over Marmaduke.....didn't see the final but they were up by 30 plus at on point.

Batesville up 20 plus over Salem at halftime......I left at half....

Thanks for the updates 87Dawg!!

87DAWG

87DAWG

Barn burner tonight in Cave City!!

Highland Sr Boys 53  vs Cave City Sr Boys 51

Highland lead most of the second half but Cave  City wouldn't go away. Highland made some mistakes down the wire to keep this one close!!

Highland Sr Girls 52 vs Cave City Sr Girls 30

Highland Girls looked very normal  and was close for 2 1/2 quarters but in the end they pulled away! Not sure they ever found their stride! Lot of turnovers and missed free throws.

NEA Razorback olfan

3-1 Brookland Lady Bearcats go on the road again tomorrow night to play a talented 6-1 Pocahontas Lady Redskins team.The Lady Skins are coming of a Championship at the Williams Baptist tourney. This will be a battle , Pocahontas is very well coached and always has good talent. It's always a tough place to play. The Lady Bearcats are coming off a tough loss to Nettleton last Tuesday and look to start off the conference season with a Win. Interesting to see how the experience and youth gel these next few weeks as conference really kicks in for Brookland.

NEA Razorback olfan

After 1 qt
Brookland 21
Pocahontas 13

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 57
Pocahontas 44
F
Ford 33 pts

MDXPHD

87DAWG

Highland Lady Rebels 57

SS Lady Southerners 43

Highland got up early, twice, by 20 points in the first half. 2nd half came out and slowed it down and started turning the ball over time after time! Scored 15 points in the 2nd half! Mostly late free throws bc Lady Southerners had to start fouling. They won but team took a step back tonight. Got Viola in the First Round of the Lyon Baptist Tournament! Really good team! If Highland plays anything like tonight, it will be a long night in Batesville Wednesday. I just call it like I see it!

Highland Rebels beat Cave CIty Cavemen in the 1st Round of the Lyon Classic! I believe it was by 11. Play a well coached and talented Bald Knob Team Friday Night in Batesville

87DAWG

Boys: Southside Southerners' 45 Highland 41

Southside got out a early 8 point lead and Highland never got closer than 3. Highland had 2 Sophomores carry the load for them most of the game. 2nd half and had a Junior hit 2 late 3's to keep it close. Coach sat #34, to me Highlands best player, last 10 minutes of the game! Hopefully he isn't hurt. Highland needs him to WIN! Southside made their FT's to hold Highland off late.

87DAWG

1st Round of the Lyon College Basketball Tournament (girls)

Highland Lady Rebels 70    Viola Lady Longhorns

Talented group from Viola just wish the Lady Rebels got the same respect.  Highland came out and hit several 3's in the first quarter and got 9 points off the bench.  Play Friday vs Mt View, who beat Southside 40 plus tonight. Mt View has to be 1 of the favorites in 3A. Highland will have to play low turnover basketball to have a chance! Might still not be enough but those Lady will show up and play hard!!

Basketballfan13

Quote from: 87DAWG on December 06, 2018, 12:13:51 am
1st Round of the Lyon College Basketball Tournament (girls)

Highland Lady Rebels 70    Viola Lady Longhorns

Talented group from Viola just wish the Lady Rebels got the same respect.  Highland came out and hit several 3's in the first quarter and got 9 points off the bench.  Play Friday vs Mt View, who beat Southside 40 plus tonight. Mt View has to be 1 of the favorites in 3A. Highland will have to play low turnover basketball to have a chance! Might still not be enough but those Lady will show up and play hard!!
Ironically, you didn't show the lady longhorns enough respect to even give them a score ;) lol
Highland is doing great this year, and will do great over the next few years. Typically most people don't instantly start talking a lot about a team that just now started to stand out, but by the end of the year I'm sure plenty of people will be talking about them. How is their jr high team doing this year, will there be any more help coming up over the next few years?

87DAWG

December 06, 2018, 08:21:18 am #39 Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:22:49 am by 87DAWG
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 06, 2018, 07:16:16 am
Ironically, you didn't show the lady longhorns enough respect to even give them a score ;) lol
Highland is doing great this year, and will do great over the next few years. Typically most people don't instantly start talking a lot about a team that just now started to stand out, but by the end of the year I'm sure plenty of people will be talking about them. How is their jr high team doing this year, will there be any more help coming up over the next few years?
[/quot

87DAWG

touche'!! LOL! 70 to 58 final! Highland doesn't want to be talked about they just want to play and get better each game. Highland is learning and playing. The comment I posted was just about a Viola faithful talking bout Highland! The girls used that comment to motivate them. They took Highland lightly! That's it! Highland girls right now got a long way to go!

87DAWG

We will have 3 freshman from Jr High Team that will have an impact. We only have 8 ( 1 injuried right now) 1 senior(who hasn't played this year bc of injury) 6 Jr and a Fr.....so we will have depth next year. 8th graders are getting some court time and the 7th grade has 14 girls. Development will be key, as with any program.

NEA Razorback olfan

Conference standings 1/1 Per Max Preps

1 Batesville 13-2  (4-0)
2 Highland  9-5 (3-1)
3 Brookland  8-4 (3-1)
4 Valley View 6-8 (2-2)
5 Southside 3-12 (2-2)
6 Pocahontas 7-5 (2-3)
7 Westside 4-7 (1-4)
8 Blytheville 1-11 (0-5)

87DAWG

Highland Lady Rebels 75 Westside Lady Warriors 49

87DAWG

Lady Rebels go on the road next week traveling to Pocahontas on 1/08, always a tough place to play Coach Davis and team! Then to Valley View on the 1/11....every game counts in this conference! The grind is real!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland host Blytheville Tuesday 1/8
Brookland is at Batesville  Friday  1/11

NEA Razorback olfan

January 12, 2019, 07:25:49 pm #46 Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:49:47 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Highland Lady Rebels 11-6 (5-2) at Brookland Lady Bearcats 10-5 (5-2) Monday 11/14
I believe this is going to be a good game.
Brookland lost at Highland earlier in the season at Highland 59-46 12/ 17

Brookland needs to keep working hard to improve each game.

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 12, 2019, 07:25:49 pm
Highland Lady Rebels 11-6 (5-2) at Brookland Lady Bearcats 10-5 (5-2) Monday 11/14
I believe this is going to be a good game.
Brookland lost at Highland earlier in the season at Highland 59-46 12/ 17

Brookland needs to keep working hard to improve each game.
Yes sir NEA Razorback olfan it outta be a good one. Good luck. Highland needs to improve each game, here on out, as well!

NEA Razorback olfan

January 13, 2019, 01:55:46 pm #48 Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:00:47 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: 87DAWG on January 13, 2019, 10:17:51 am
Yes sir NEA Razorback olfan it outta be a good one. Good luck. Highland needs to improve each game, here on out, as well!

Yes Sir, Good luck to y'all too!
I would have to give a slight edge to the Lady Rebels since they beat us at Highland.
I believe it will be a closer game this time at Brookland. Girls seem to play a little better at Home. With a mixture of youth getting valuable PT , and 3 seniors leading the way (Pait, Lovrien, & Ford)
Hopefully we peak at the right time , post season!!

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 13, 2019, 01:55:46 pm
Yes Sir, Good luck to y'all too!
I would have to give a slight edge to the Lady Rebels since they beat us at Highland.
I believe it will be a closer game this time at Brookland. Girls seem to play a little better at Home. With a mixture of youth getting valuable PT , and 3 seniors leading the way (Pait, Lovrien, & Ford)
Hopefully we peak at the right time , post season!!
Yes we found out that winning on the road is tough! Pokey got us last week and we didn't play our best against VV....I give Brookland the edge coming in and playing at home.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas