• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff Picture/Projections After Week 8

Started by NWA Hawg, October 19, 2018, 11:34:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

October 19, 2018, 11:34:34 pm Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:48:46 am by fann07
This is the playoff bracket as we sit today. This is not my projection of a final bracket. Teams and green moved up, red moved down, and black stay the same. Teams in bold are locked in their spots outside of a major upset happening.

Top Bracket

E1 Nettleton
S4 Lakeside

W2 Alma
C3 White Hall

S1 Texarkana
E4 Wynne

C2 LR Christian
W3 Morrilton

Bottom Bracket

C1 Pulaski Academy
W4 Greenbrier

S2 LR McClellan
E3 Blytheville

W1 Harrison
C4 LR Parkview

E2 Batesville
S3 Camden Fairview

PA Dad

Thanks for doing this.  It saves a lot of time trying to figure it out.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: PA Dad on October 19, 2018, 11:38:28 pm
Thanks for doing this.  It saves a lot of time trying to figure it out.

No problem. I enjoy seeing how things will play out.

Go Postal

I think the LRCA-Motown game would be interesting with both Quarterbacks back

the voice

woopork

If it finishes this way, one of those top 4 teams is going to be a semi finalist and none of them are very good. It's all about the draw.

NWA Hawg

RabAlumni

Looks like a Texarkana Vs P.A. final to me!

Go Postal

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 24, 2018, 03:11:25 pm
I was thinking more of a LRCA/Morrilton vs Harrison.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Go Postal on October 24, 2018, 03:32:24 pm
I was thinking more of a LRCA/Morrilton vs Harrison.

As much as I would like for Harrison to be playing for it all Postal, I just do not see someone beating P.A. on their home field.   Just can't see it!

Hogman2018

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 24, 2018, 03:11:25 pm
Its gonna be hard for Texarkana to make it! We lost two D-1 players for the year! Not the same team but we do have home field for the second round game!!

Go Postal

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 24, 2018, 03:49:19 pm

As much as I would like for Harrison to be playing for it all Postal, I just do not see someone beating P.A. on their home field.   Just can't see it!
And that brings to mind, why would they have home town advantage?  I'm being serious for a moment because I know that the 1st seed of a conference gets the first two games at home but I was curious on how they decide what team gets to host the semifinal game.  Nothing at all against PA or whoever is on the other side of the bracket but maybe someone can explain the rules about that to me.  Trackster?  PA Dad?  B.G.?  Lanny?

Rampage72501

Quote from: Go Postal on October 24, 2018, 06:12:19 pm
And that brings to mind, why would they have home town advantage?  I'm being serious for a moment because I know that the 1st seed of a conference gets the first two games at home but I was curious on how they decide what team gets to host the semifinal game.  Nothing at all against PA or whoever is on the other side of the bracket but maybe someone can explain the rules about that to me.  Trackster?  PA Dad?  B.G.?  Lanny?

Higher seed hosts.  If both teams have the same seed, the team on the top of the bracket hosts.

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 24, 2018, 04:59:51 pm
Its gonna be hard for Texarkana to make it! We lost two D-1 players for the year! Not the same team but we do have home field for the second round game!!
I agree bro

Go Postal

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 24, 2018, 06:24:36 pm
Higher seed hosts.  If both teams have the same seed, the team on the top of the bracket hosts.
So let me get this straight using brackets up above as they stand right now.  Your saying that let's say if E1 Nettleton and S1 Texarkana went to the semifinal playoffs then the semis would be held in Nettleton.  Is that correct?

Sorry that I don't know this but I'm so use to the top bidder holding the 1st three rounds in baseball and soccer as a lot of posters on this forum have been to Harrison for those State games

Rampage72501

Quote from: Go Postal on October 24, 2018, 06:39:57 pm
So let me get this straight using brackets up above as they stand right now.  Your saying that let's say if E1 Nettleton and S1 Texarkana went to the semifinal playoffs then the semis would be held in Nettleton.  Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Go Postal

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 24, 2018, 06:41:55 pm
Yes, that is correct.
So my next question is how do decide which conference gets put on the top slot of the upper and lower bracket?  It can't be alphabetical because E1 would come after C1.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Go Postal on October 24, 2018, 06:47:38 pm
So my next question is how do decide which conference gets put on the top slot of the upper and lower bracket?  It can't be alphabetical because E1 would come after C1.

It rotates every 4 years.

Go Postal

Thanks, I'm almost 62 years old.  Good to learn something new.  Now if I can only retain it.  LOL

j-mann raider 02

nettleton was better last season   could easily  be 3-2 in the 5a east   

Overdahill

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 24, 2018, 03:49:19 pm

I want to see Harrison vs Batesville. Postal and Jessie would keep it real that week  :D

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on October 25, 2018, 08:13:04 am
I want to see Harrison vs Batesville. Postal and Jessie would keep it real that week  :D

That's a brutal drive. You make pretty good time until Mountain View, from MV to Leslie is 2 lane twisting mountain roads. Lord help you if you get caught behind an 18 wheel chicken truck. You know what they say about Timbo? Watch out for the kid playing banjo sitting on the bridge. What do you do if you drop your wallet in Timbo? Kick it down the road to Leslie and pick it up. I'd need to be assured of a Pioneer victory to make the Harrison drive and this year is doubtful.

Go Postal

Quote from: JessieP on October 25, 2018, 08:32:16 am
That's a brutal drive. You make pretty good time until Mountain View, from MV to Leslie is 2 lane twisting mountain roads. Lord help you if you get caught behind an 18 wheel chicken truck. You know what they say about Timbo? Watch out for the kid playing banjo sitting on the bridge. What do you do if you drop your wallet in Timbo? Kick it down the road to Leslie and pick it up. I'd need to be assured of a Pioneer victory to make the Harrison drive and this year is doubtful.

The_Pioneer

Why in God's name go thru MV?  Go to Melbourne and due north to MH.  Far less painful.

JessieP

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 25, 2018, 02:38:04 pm

Not this Batesville Civil Driving War again, lol. You ask 9 people the best way to get to Harrison (It's usually for Branson) and you'll 3 different answers. BTW, Both Yahoo and Google maps give you 3 different choices and all 3 list the MV way and the shortest in both distance and driving time.

Go Postal

Don't miss scenic Calico Rock, Norfork and Salesville on your way to go through my old alma mater, Mtn Home.

STUNNA

Go Postal

Greyhands

Intelligentsia

I'd go over the top for that trip (as I alway do when driving school (bus) trips.  Mountain Home/Ash Flat. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas