• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dollarway at Drew Central

Started by goldoline, October 09, 2018, 04:53:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

goldoline

This game puts 2 teams with 2 wins between them, and 2 coaches who made LOTS of promises before the season began.  Dollarway has speed and uses 7-10 different formations.  Defense for both squads is porous.  Likely Dollarway will win with big plays & 2 fights will break out, hopefully not a game-ender.  Dollarway - 32, DC - 14

WHITEchicken

goldoline

Increase numbers of players, Score good numbers, Dollarway Coach was talking state Championships

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: goldoline on October 09, 2018, 04:53:51 am
This game puts 2 teams with 2 wins between them, and 2 coaches who made LOTS of promises before the season began.  Dollarway has speed and uses 7-10 different formations.  Defense for both squads is porous.  Likely Dollarway will win with big plays & 2 fights will break out, hopefully not a game-ender.  Dollarway - 32, DC - 14
Dway would be much better off having 1 formation.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on October 09, 2018, 11:25:15 am
Dway would be much better off having 1 formation.
+1. Likely confuses his own players more than the opponents.

zebrafan

WHITEchicken

Hahaha... State championship? The fans of dollarway surely didn't believe that.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 09, 2018, 04:44:53 pm
Hahaha... State championship? The fans of dollarway surely didn't believe that.
The fans of Dollarway know much more about State championships than Smackover fans. How many do you have again?

Sports Guru

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on October 09, 2018, 05:54:34 pm
The fans of Dollarway know much more about State championships than Smackover fans. How many do you have again?
Not for the last 25 years. Must have long memories.

Jimbo Morphis

WHITEchicken

Oldman Smackover has won 2 in its history. But what have you done for me lately?

Jimbo Morphis

October 11, 2018, 02:51:19 pm #12 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:53:05 pm by Oldman
Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 11, 2018, 01:28:40 pm
Oldman Smackover has won 2 in its history. But what have you done for me lately?
A lot of schools would love to have two but many of those schools weren't around in the 1940's

CTEPirateFan

If DC can manage to execute their offensive drives and not turn the ball over this will be a good game. DC has never won homecoming since moving it from basketball to football in 2009. I'm happy I'll be home for this one. GO PIRATES!

hootingowl

Dollarway 22 Drew Central 21 3 overtimes

CoolBreeze

Quote from: hootingowl on October 12, 2018, 10:08:33 am
Dollarway 22 Drew Central 21 3 overtimes
Is this score possible. Are high school teams required to go for two in the third overtime like they are in college?

WPWells

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 12, 2018, 12:10:39 pm
Is this score possible. Are high school teams required to go for two in the third overtime like they are in college?

What about Dollarway kicking a field goal on their possession and then DC throwing a pick where the Dollarway player willingly retreated into the end zone where he then took a knee for a game-ending safety?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: WPWells on October 12, 2018, 12:24:12 pm
What about Dollarway kicking a field goal on their possession and then DC throwing a pick where the Dollarway player willingly retreated into the end zone where he then took a knee for a game-ending safety?
Seems like a stretch to me. He'd probably just drop to the ground or run out of bounds.

WPWells

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 12, 2018, 12:46:59 pm
Seems like a stretch to me. He'd probably just drop to the ground or run out of bounds.

Not saying it's not a stretch - just saying that I figured out a scenario.

beach bum

This is a game Oldman will be at in attendance.... I hear Pine Bluff and Monticello are his two favorite towns in the world.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on October 12, 2018, 01:59:31 pm
This is a game Oldman will be at in attendance.... I hear Pine Bluff and Monticello are his two favorite towns in the world.
There are some great people in Monticello and I know all 13 of them.

CoolBreeze

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 13, 2018, 01:17:45 pm
Older than you.
Just wondering because I remember a lot from 25 years ago. Maybe not from Tuesday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas