• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Texarkana

Started by PA Dad, October 05, 2018, 11:16:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

This is the game of the week in 5A.  And Batesville plays Wynne this week which would have been the game of the week in most years.

I know very little about Texarkana in terms of whether it is a power or finesse team or what schemes it uses.

I do know McClellan.  It is a smash mouth power team.

I have not seen either team play this year.  I have no clue who will win.  But I think it should be a very good game.

Hoghead2

Texarkana is talented and can run. They have speed to burn. Barry Norton will have the Hogs ready.

010hogfan

From what I've seen, you can't run on Texarkana. They are very stout up front defensively and they play downhill. Not gonna be easy to beat them if all you do is play power football.

Hogman2018

I think this is going to be a great game! Two really good defenses going at it expecting a low scoring game!  I guess im going with Tex because they have a pretty good kicker! 

JessieP

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 06, 2018, 05:04:24 pm
I think this is going to be a great game! Two really good defenses going at it expecting a low scoring game!  I guess im going with Tex because they have a pretty good kicker!

While it rarely is that big of an issue in high school games having a great kicker can be the deciding factor in these low scoring trench battles. If Texarkana does in fact have a good one then it is a clear advantage.

Jimmy1995

Hogman2018

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on October 06, 2018, 07:14:59 pm
McClellan by two touchdowns
Meet me at the flag pole in the end zone I will take that bet!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on October 06, 2018, 07:14:59 pm
McClellan by two touchdowns

My man!! I agree with Jimmy. I looked at LRM schedule earlier this year and just marked this as a bye week.

Hogman2018

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 06, 2018, 08:51:59 pm
My man!! I agree with Jimmy. I looked at LRM schedule earlier this year and just marked this as a bye week.
Masterbaiter what an IDIOT!!

Maynard G Krebs

Texarkana dropping down to 5A reminds me of a kid being held back in school a year and is a step ahead of new peers physically and little bit of an attitude.  McClellan may be the team to show them otherwise.

Wish I could see this contest.  Should be a good one.

JacketFan

I think both of you may be onto something, I knew you are just trying to bait them into a reaction, but I was gonna say McClellan by 3 touchdowns,  ;D ;D

Hogman2018

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 06, 2018, 08:57:30 pm
Texarkana dropping down to 5A reminds me of a kid being held back in school a year and is a step ahead of new peers physically and little bit of an attitude.  McClellan may be the team to show them otherwise.

Wish I could see this contest.  Should be a good one.
You may be right they just  might beat us they are a good team! One of us got to lose but it wont be the end of the world for either!

Hogman2018

I dont blame you for talking about Texarkana cause your team will be sitting home in the playoffs and thats bad because the EAST sucks this year!

JessieP

I don't know much about Texarkana other than what their fans post. If I base it on that alone then they have zero weaknesses, none. The drop down to the 5A will be a cakewalk to WMS. Although one of their fans posted "What about our 5 state championships in girls track". I am not kidding, that was an actual retort to a football debate. I had no idea that in Arkansas if a game ends in a tie the winner is determined by the Cheerleaders running a 4x100 relay, in which case PA is in serious trouble.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on October 06, 2018, 09:17:07 pm
I don't know much about Texarkana other than what their fans post. If I base it on that alone then they have zero weaknesses, none. The drop down to the 5A will be a cakewalk to WMS. Although one of their fans posted "What about our 5 state championships in girls track". I am not kidding, that was an actual retort to a football debate. I had no idea that in Arkansas if a game ends in a tie the winner is determined by the Cheerleaders running a 4x100 relay, in which case PA is in serious trouble.

Most institutions don't take pride in having "fast girl"😜

PA Dad

+1.  Hooked em again!  Although I will say the fishing is easy with the new folks.

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 06, 2018, 09:20:24 pm
Most institutions don't take pride in having "fast girl"😜

Outstanding! +100.

BTW, have you seen the shape of water yet? It won the Oscar for best picture. I got bullied into watching it by my mean wretched wife, I'm not really into films that have erotic scenes with fish. Anyway towards the end of the movie the main character goes home and turns on the tv, guess what's on? Good old Dobie.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on October 06, 2018, 09:37:27 pm
Outstanding! +100.

BTW, have you seen the shape of water yet? It won the Oscar for best picture. I got bullied into watching it by my mean wretched wife, I'm not really into films that have erotic scenes with fish. Anyway towards the end of the movie the main character goes home and turns on the tv, guess what's on? Good old Dobie.

I only watch movies that feature John Wayne,  Burt Reynolds or Olivia Newton-John.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on October 06, 2018, 09:25:15 pm
+1.  Hooked em again!  Although I will say the fishing is easy with the new folks.

I'm just casting with an empty hook and getting some now! These new ones are fun.

Hogman2018

Jesse get your story straight nobody said girls track it was boys but thats okay!! Nobody on here said we are unbeatable we just might lose this week its possible!!

AHS06

We do have weaknesses but a lot of teams can't exploit them.   This should be a great game.   No one said it'll be a cakewalk.   It's the 5A fans who don't understand that Texarkana dropping down adds more quality to the conference.

incogneto

Well it's put up or shut up time for Texarkana. I think it's a pickum game.  Picking McClellan due to discipline at Texarkana. 

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on October 07, 2018, 12:03:52 pm
Well it's put up or shut up time for Texarkana. I think it's a pickum game.  Picking McClellan due to discipline at Texarkana.
May I ask what discipline problems you talking about??

STBruin

where is this game being played?

Maynard G Krebs

Maynard G Krebs

Texarkana_Piggie

biggest weakness i see with AHS is too many penalties.  can't continue to win when you are hurting yourself with mistakes.  cost us plenty in the Texas high game and will eventually bite us in the butt again.  looking forward to this game friday night. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Gonna be a good game but I think McClellan wins by 10 points

Yellowcake

Between dropping down to 5A and blatant recruiting of those two kids, Texarkana will be sniffing around the semis at a minimum. I guess it doesn't matter how you get there.....

AHS06

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 07, 2018, 10:30:56 pm
Between dropping down to 5A and blatant recruiting of those two kids, Texarkana will be sniffing around the semis at a minimum. I guess it doesn't matter how you get there.....
So now we're recruiting? 

Hoghead2

October 07, 2018, 11:44:56 pm #30 Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:46:32 pm by Hoghead2
By the way,  Arkansas High has 6 State Championships in football.

Hogman2018

What are you talking about recruiting two kids? We got one from Ashdown and he cant play this year and we didnt get any other kids to move in!! Get your facts straight before you accuse someone of doing wrong!

South 45

McClellan wins it at the LOS and on the board....

MDXPHD

You know they gotta keep up with y'all and LRC somehow!

Youngsta71701

;D Good one...

RamFan06

If they can control the penalties and Collier can handle playing both ways most of the night, Texarkana by 7.

Overdahill

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 08, 2018, 04:37:51 pm
If they can control the penalties and Collier can handle playing both ways most of the night, Texarkana by 7.

Biggest challenge for McClellan will be adjusting to game speed quickly since they haven't played anyone yet

incogneto

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 07, 2018, 08:37:45 pm
biggest weakness i see with AHS is too many penalties.  can't continue to win when you are hurting yourself with mistakes.  cost us plenty in the Texas high game and will eventually bite us in the butt again.  looking forward to this game friday night.
This is what I meant by discipline.  The McLellan coaching staff are hard to score points against as well.  Nothing against Texarkana personally but someone has to lose.

#1 Hog fan

Not saying this will happen but it would indeed be cool what if Texarkana loses to McClellan then the top three teams in 5A south right now win out and then McClellan loses to CF :o

AHS06

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on October 08, 2018, 11:45:00 pm
Not saying this will happen but it would indeed be cool what if Texarkana loses to McClellan then the top three teams in 5A south right now win out and then McClellan loses to CF :o
It is possible.  Considering McClellan is the only quality team remaining for Texarkana and McClellan will have to go to Camden to end the regular season.

AHS06

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 08, 2018, 04:37:51 pm
He only rushed 8 times against Lakeside for around 165 yards.  Our 3rd string sophomore RB is doing well and provides a change up.

RamFan06

Quote from: AHS06 on October 09, 2018, 08:58:01 am
He only rushed 8 times against Lakeside for around 165 yards.  Our 3rd string sophomore RB is doing well and provides a change up.

True however I am sure McLellans defense is a little different than Lakesides. I know that the coaching staff would rather not put him in situations that would limit his play on the defensive side of the ball, that is why I said that. The sophomore is good I just dont know that he is ready to handle what McLellan will bring defensively.

I still think Texarkana wins this one, I just think Collier will have to play a much bigger role offensively than he has had to so far.

AHS06

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 09, 2018, 09:37:27 am
True however I am sure McLellans defense is a little different than Lakesides. I know that the coaching staff would rather not put him in situations that would limit his play on the defensive side of the ball, that is why I said that. The sophomore is good I just dont know that he is ready to handle what McLellan will bring defensively.

I still think Texarkana wins this one, I just think Collier will have to play a much bigger role offensively than he has had to so far.
We will definitely miss having our starting RB during this game.  You are right because we could leave Collier fresh on defense. 

I really like the coach at McClellan and respect their program.  He is the perfect example for other struggling schools in Little Rock.  They were horrible during that little time in 6A.

Yellowcake

In addition to the recruiting there is also the ex lax in the opposing team's water bottles incident and covering the hands with hot balm and rubbing it in the ball carrier's eyes after tackles.

These are all well known and documented facts but covered up with gestapo tactics.

For those of you searching for a fishing report, the finest in the state can be found right here. Hogs are biting bare hooks right and left. 😜

Piggy fans, welcome to the 5A board. Everyone has to pledge for a semester.

Sports Guru

Texarkana 36 LRM 35 in OT

This is gonna be a great game!

Hogman2018

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 11, 2018, 12:02:02 am
In addition to the recruiting there is also the ex lax in the opposing team's water bottles incident and covering the hands with hot balm and rubbing it in the ball carrier's eyes after tackles.

These are all well known and documented facts but covered up with gestapo tactics.

For those of you searching for a fishing report, the finest in the state can be found right here. Hogs are biting bare hooks right and left. 😜

Piggy fans, welcome to the 5A board. Everyone has to pledge for
And you are an Idiot!! I bit that hook didnt I!!

Go Postal

AHS06

Sounds like you are the only one "fishing." 

JacketFan

JessieP

October 11, 2018, 09:34:34 pm #49 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:37:34 pm by JessieP

Yellowcake knows of which he speaks. My first year on this site my wife had to wear a "I'm with stupid" shirt everytime we went out in public. For the past 2 years I've been pleading with her to stop wearing it. The 5A, where legends are born and rules be dang. The ex-lax and balm really happened. PA pays student athletes and parents. Harrison's visitor locker room was a meth contaminated storage bin, The campus itself is haunted. Wynne plays 19 and 20 year olds and if you get up on Batesville at home by a couple scores, We kill the lights and regroup. But yes, your first year in the 5A will be heck on earth. FYI, don't drink Maynards punch at the mixer, I did and woke up in Tijuana with a Bruin Bear tattooed on my chest.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas