• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 conference champs?

Started by Cougar2004, July 11, 2018, 02:27:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

birddawg1986

1. Gosnell or Rivercrest
2. Gosnell or Rivercrest
3. Pocahontas
4. JB Westside
5. Trumann
6. Highland
7. Brookland
8. Cave City

Coltfan2005

Quote from: BIGRED15 on August 15, 2018, 11:19:13 am
as far as comparing pocahontas to the 3a. i dont really care if they are that much better or not they dont play the 3a however i do know how they have and will compete in the 4a which is the conference they have dominated 4 of the last five seasons. this year being one of if not the best put together team in recent memory. at receiver we have depth that is close to the size of rivercrests sideline. most notable one who runs a 4.39 40 and will make any person in nea miss him he has hands like glue and the smarts  of a college player. oh and he is all state at his secondary post.and behind him is younger players who without a doubt will be all conf this year .so if we move off that and say somehow (will never happen) and you shut down our pass well then we can bring out the hb in snyder who is 6feet and over 200 pounds of pure muscle and the toughest dude around has hands the size of baseball mitts and arms the size of most 3a players legs and close to untackleable.the colts had better hope and pray and beg snyder to get sick that week. and then we have dawson chester our new qb and yeah yeah he is a sophmore which is great cuz yall gonna let a soph put up 40+ through the air and probs rush 100+ hes super quick can through  a mile through a tire and run over linemen knows where to put it before the coach does and is not afraid to lower his shoulder. so please please compare the skins this year to last year please because its not even close.  so after u beat paragould and think u have accomplished something and then trumann and ocelola give u a game and yall go down and destroy the worst team around being highland then we will come pay yall a visit and bring a lesson on what redskin football look like. ;)

You are putting a lot of faith in a passing game led by a QB that hasn't played High School football. A receiver that apparently had an off year last year since no receivers on Pokey's team had stats worth even whispering about. And a back that did what? Did he gain over 1,000 yards in 10 games? Did your QB make all state or walk out of Little Rock the MVP of the state championship? Did your defense hold one of the top 10 offensive teams in the state to less than 175 yards total? Your depth is about 10 more players than Rivercrest fields, not exactly mighty numbers. You need to stop begging, stop hallucinating, and go back to band practice. your flute is missed. You've beaten Gosnell twice in the last 5 years, you've won the conf twice in the last five years? Dominated? No.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Sounds like we gettin a little cocky... 3A is different in all aspects: fan base, play style, positional needs, etc. I know that the Redskins are going to be more balanced offensively and the D will be more improved/experienced. And you mention sophmores: they're undefeated since 7th grade. Not saying it's gonna continue, but they got the mentality needed

Mr_Deb

I didn't realize Rivercrest moved up to 4A.. after watching that Junction City game I don't think they'd have a problem in 7A with all that speed and size.

bigchief72455

Not going to argue. The WR that you say had ab off season last year did play QB and passed for almost 2000 and rushed for almost 1500. I don't call that an off season.

bigchief72455

Forgot he also kick returned for 1500 as well.

Coltfan2005

August 15, 2018, 07:42:20 pm #56 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:59:11 pm by Coltfan2005
Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 15, 2018, 05:11:24 pm

I find that amazing

Coltfan2005

August 15, 2018, 07:44:00 pm #57 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:59:44 pm by Coltfan2005
Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 15, 2018, 05:06:33 pm
Not going to argue. The WR that you say had ab off season last year did play QB and passed for almost 2000 and rushed for almost 1500. I don't call that an off season.

Just checked, he didn't have 2,000 yards passing or 1500 yards rushing last year but was dang close. Wouldn't a coach be an idiot to swap such a producer at QB to WR.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 15, 2018, 05:11:24 pm

You realize his kick returns and punt returns totaled 23 yards?

bigchief72455

Misread the kickoffs. He kicked for 1500. Lol

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 15, 2018, 07:44:00 pm

Just checked, he didn't have 2,000 yards passing or 1500 yards rushing last year but was dang close. Wouldn't a coach be an idiot to swap such a producer at QB to WR.
Pretty darn close by around 50 yards. Great athlete. My understanding is that he is even better at receiver. Sophomore qb is pretty solid.

Coltfan2005

pretty solid? pretty solid is no reason to move a passer who threw for 1993 yards.

bigchief72455

hsindian

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 15, 2018, 01:16:38 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jun/03/arksansas-prospect-camp-updates/
I'll just leave this right here for you.
I'm more apt to believe the 4.55 number. Hand times from a reporter standing on the sidelines aren't that accurate.

bigchief72455

Quote from: hsindian on August 16, 2018, 02:27:23 pm
I'm more apt to believe the 4.55 number. Hand times from a reporter standing on the sidelines aren't that accurate.
I figure you can believe whatever you want to. Either way you cut it,that is still quick.

Ghs21

Gosnells qb did transfer to epc.

bigchief72455

Man hate to hear that. Still have the best backfield around though

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 16, 2018, 04:05:30 pm
Man hate to hear that. Still have the best backfield around though

nope

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Ghs21 on August 16, 2018, 03:56:35 pm
Gosnells qb did transfer to epc.

wasn't their starter last year a senior?

bigchief72455

Just saw this morning that Gosnell had cancelled school for flooding and a power outage. Hope everyone out that way is safe and alright.

Warriorfan21

This is going to be a very competitive season and am looking forward to a week from today. Westside opens up by traveling to greene county tech. You can say what you want with all do respect but mark my words this is how it's going to go down.
1.) Pocahontas
2.) Westside
3.) Gosnell
4.) Brookland
5.) Rivercrest
6.) Highland
7.) Cave city
8.) Trumann
Rivercrest and Brookland could swap. Same with Westside and Pocahontas.

BIGRED15

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 15, 2018, 01:13:24 pm
A speed demon for north of I-40. Southern teams can handle him
yeah..... dumas handled him very well

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on August 17, 2018, 10:42:55 am
This is going to be a very competitive season and am looking forward to a week from today. Westside opens up by traveling to greene county tech. You can say what you want with all do respect but mark my words this is how it's going to go down.
1.) Pocahontas
2.) Westside
3.) Gosnell
4.) Brookland
5.) Rivercrest
6.) Highland
7.) Cave city
8.) Trumann
Rivercrest and Brookland could swap. Same with Westside and Pocahontas.

Nope

BIGRED15

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 17, 2018, 11:06:59 am
Nope
i mean that one spot looks right... however gotta change two-8 up a little

TruthHurts

-Demilon Brown is a better athlete than Devon Adams this has been settled in several track meets this spring.
-The 3A-3 including Rivercrest has a history of beating the best of the 4A-3 teams
-Dawson Chester is not an average Sophmore QB.
-Rivercrest also has Kentavious Robinson and JD Wynda if he didnt transfer
- Pocohontas will finish third in conference
-Baty is under pressure to produce this season and they have a better team this year
- Kimble blowing his ACL in basketball is a big blow to the skins
-RiverCrest wins this one

bigchief72455

Quote from: TruthHurts on August 17, 2018, 11:56:26 am
-Demilon Brown is a better athlete than Devon Adams this has been settled in several track meets this spring.
-The 3A-3 including Rivercrest has a history of beating the best of the 4A-3 teams
-Dawson Chester is not an average Sophmore QB.
-Rivercrest also has Kentavious Robinson and JD Wynda if he didnt transfer
- Pocohontas will finish third in conference
-Baty is under pressure to produce this season and they have a better team this year
- Kimble blowing his ACL in basketball is a big blow to the skins
-RiverCrest wins this one
I think I heard JD suited up at Osceola.

bigchief72455

And again this is the 6th game of the season. Still a lot of football to be played between now and then.

TruthHurts

Anybody going to watch Pokey and VV scrimmage tonight?

bigchief72455

Quote from: TruthHurts on August 17, 2018, 01:53:37 pm
Anybody going to watch Pokey and VV scrimmage tonight?
I am going.

hogwild_82

how did Gosnell jr high and high school look last night?

Coltfan2005

August 17, 2018, 04:28:00 pm #81 Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:40:42 pm by Coltfan2005
Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 17, 2018, 12:25:26 pm
I think I heard JD suited up at Osceola.

nope, disregard roster.

bigchief72455

Skins had a good night in Valley View.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

bigchief72455

Pocahontas 28
VV 14
Dawson had an exceptional game.
Skins come back after being down 14-0.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 17, 2018, 09:42:50 pm
Pocahontas 28
VV 14
Sounds like themselves... Go down early and get you thinking the worst but end up on top

bigchief72455

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 17, 2018, 09:48:49 pm
Had to get the nerves out.
VV was a good team for the young'uns to get a chance to get worked in and it apparently showed

Redskin2015

1. Pokey
2. Rivercrest
3. Gosnell
4. Westside
5. Brookland
6. Truman
7. Highland
8. Cave city
Top three will be a dog fight no doubt about any of those teams could switch places with each other, Truman lost a lot, highland is still out in no mans land, Westside will be a strong team and will easily secure the four spot but won't have enough to break the top three, Brookland seems to improve each year, and assuming cave city has no back woods monsters we don't know about it's safe to say they'll take up last in conference

Ghs21

Gosnells run game might be better than last years.. there line looks bigger and there backs have gotten way stronger. However there passing game will take a little bit. There best receiver coming in this year was moved to quarterback and they some inexperienced receivers

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 17, 2018, 09:42:50 pm
Pocahontas 28
VV 14
Glad to hear we beat valley who now we need to get them as nonconfrence game my favorite rivalry since I was in school

bigchief72455

Looking forward to following Gosnells season. Those Young brothers are exciting to watch.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Ghs21 on August 17, 2018, 10:48:34 pm
Gosnells run game might be better than last years.. there line looks bigger and there backs have gotten way stronger. However there passing game will take a little bit. There best receiver coming in this year was moved to quarterback and they some inexperienced receivers
Gosnell always has a great running game never doubted that a second

bigchief72455

Saw some red and grey in our stands tonight.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

It's hard to get the depth Gosnell gets every year... Usually one All-Conference/State and 2-3 worthy of all-star but don't necessarily get the playing time.

Ghs21

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 17, 2018, 10:52:14 pm
Looking forward to following Gosnells season. Those Young brothers are exciting to watch.
also number 44 is going to be a force in the backfield

bigchief72455

Definitely looking forward to that game. Pocahontas and Gosnell usually have some close ones.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 17, 2018, 11:00:19 pm
Definitely looking forward to that game. Pocahontas and Gosnell usually have some close ones.
As a former player Gosnell definitely was one of the most physical teams we played at the time always made for great games

ISU7

Quote from: BIGRED15 on August 14, 2018, 10:30:57 am
at the lowest pocahontas will be second in conference,colts however have little idea what they are stepping into this year. shut down the run? we gonna pass over you. shut the pass down thats okay dawson will pull it and take ya ten or fifteen at a time. this season gonna be a good good one in pocahontas. however gosnell gon put up the normal fight..... highland just dont even talk
Lol Colts have beat 4A-3 champs the last two years. Remember Gosnell only 3 regular season losses last season was to members of the 3-3A Crest , Osc, Newport. 👀

ISU7

Quote from: BIGRED15 on August 15, 2018, 11:19:13 am
as far as comparing pocahontas to the 3a. i dont really care if they are that much better or not they dont play the 3a however i do know how they have and will compete in the 4a which is the conference they have dominated 4 of the last five seasons. this year being one of if not the best put together team in recent memory. at receiver we have depth that is close to the size of rivercrests sideline. most notable one who runs a 4.39 40 and will make any person in nea miss him he has hands like glue and the smarts  of a college player. oh and he is all state at his secondary post.and behind him is younger players who without a doubt will be all conf this year .so if we move off that and say somehow (will never happen) and you shut down our pass well then we can bring out the hb in snyder who is 6feet and over 200 pounds of pure muscle and the toughest dude around has hands the size of baseball mitts and arms the size of most 3a players legs and close to untackleable.the colts had better hope and pray and beg snyder to get sick that week. and then we have dawson chester our new qb and yeah yeah he is a sophmore which is great cuz yall gonna let a soph put up 40+ through the air and probs rush 100+ hes super quick can through  a mile through a tire and run over linemen knows where to put it before the coach does and is not afraid to lower his shoulder. so please please compare the skins this year to last year please because its not even close.  so after u beat paragould and think u have accomplished something and then trumann and ocelola give u a game and yall go down and destroy the worst team around being highland then we will come pay yall a visit and bring a lesson on what redskin football look like. ;)
Is this the same 4.3 speedster that Osceola's #3 scored 8 touchdowns against at Pocahontas hmmm i would say somebody out did him big time.😂

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas