• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot springs???

Started by mrknowitall, May 30, 2018, 07:14:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mrknowitall

Vereen is headed to star city...who takes over for the Trojans ?

Lanny

zebradynasty

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 30, 2018, 09:32:41 am
Interesting move!

Star city is a town that wants competitive football. Hot springs high....not certain they have a committed fan base. He will have that in Lincoln county and not have to fight the obstacles that school districts face in Garland county. School choice, etc.

May not be the hire some folks want in star city, but I bet the coach sees potential.

MagicMike

Hearing the DC from Bryant being mentioned as a candidate

beaverfan007

Oh he's a good coach but will he leave????

Hoghead2

He should do well in Star City. Hot Springs is just a tough fit football wise. The Trojans have talented people. But it's always a distraction or discipline problem there. Good luck to both schools

Beaver Fever

The problem is there are too many good schools around hot Springs.  If you are any good you school choice out of there.

purpleswag

The problem is there is no good football teams around or in Hot Springs. Unless you count Malvern and Arkadelphia, but they couldn't school choice them.

I guess you could make a case for Lakeside being good but that is spotty at best and the south is a very weak conference top down.

Bottom line: Hot Springs=basketball school, Lakeside=baseball, Lake Hamilton=?...track

Overdahill

Quote from: purpleswag on June 02, 2018, 10:40:50 am
The problem is there is no good football teams around or in Hot Springs. Unless you count Malvern and Arkadelphia, but they couldn't school choice them.

I guess you could make a case for Lakeside being good but that is spotty at best and the south is a very weak conference top down.

Bottom line: Hot Springs=basketball school, Lakeside=baseball, Lake Hamilton=?...track

What happened at Lake Hamilton? they used to be up there almost every year

mrknowitall

There doesn't seem to be too much interest in this one...

Eagle boss

Does anyone know who they are interviewing on this job? Heard they were doing some interviews today and some more next Monday. Hope to take a name to the board next Tuesday.

mrknowitall

At this point in the year, why would you drag it out that long!?!?

purpleswag

Quote from: mrknowitall on June 11, 2018, 11:55:12 am
At this point in the year, why would you drag it out that long!?!?

Because they don't care

Hoghead2

Basketball is king at Hot Springs.

TROJANS18

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 12, 2018, 09:02:57 am
Basketball is king at Hot Springs.
yeah for the girls it is.

purpleswag

old.dole

Boys have been very good the last couple years. Just can't get over the hump in state tournament

Hoghead2

Quote from: TROJANS18 on June 12, 2018, 09:07:01 am
yeah for the girls it is.
It's evident you haven't noticed them for the past 5 years. The Trojans win in basketball

mrknowitall

Even the post about the football job has become basketball....

Bondfan4ever

I remember when Beebe & Hot Springs met in the 2014 quarterfinals and thought there was a lot of talent on that Hot Springs team.  Surely, this program will be back very soon.

mrknowitall

Former hot springs coaches after Joe Reese:

Jim Morgan-moved to admin
Ronnie Carter-moved to admin
Alfred Mohammed-test issues
Bill Timmons-moved to admin
Chris Vereen-the only one to get out

Seems like it's hard to win there and then even harder to get out of there and still coach.!

TROJANS18

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 12, 2018, 05:27:15 pm
It's evident you haven't noticed them for the past 5 years. The Trojans win in basketball
like dude said the boys can't get over the hump.

SouthpawSensation

A little off-subject, but I'm doing some research and could use some help ...
Hot Springs High School named its football field after Tommy J. Holt, a former principal, in 1986. What was the stadium named before that?

Hoghead2

Not sure if it was Trojan Stadium before becoming Tommy Holt Memorial Field ? The Stadium is named after Mr. Reese isn't it ?  The old stadium before this one was named Rix Stadium in Hot Springs. I

D1_Scout

The name of the Stadium is Tommy J.  Holt Memorial Stadium at Joe Reese field.

D1_Scout

Hot Springs Trojans announce Darrell Burnett, from Bryant High School(DC)as Head Coach.

old.dole

Eagle boss

Hiring an assistant coach w no head coach experience when there were good qualified head coaches who applied. Smh

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: Eagle boss on June 21, 2018, 10:12:06 am
Hiring an assistant coach w no head coach experience when there were good qualified head coaches who applied. Smh

DB might be best hire of the offseason.  Lot of energy, experience at a high level, kids love him.  He has the traits to get Hot Springs High competitive consistently.  Very good football coach, very good guy.  I highly doubt there were better candidates for this job than DB.

purpleswag

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on June 21, 2018, 11:07:47 am
DB might be best hire of the offseason.  Lot of energy, experience at a high level, kids love him.  He has the traits to get Hot Springs High competitive consistently.  Very good football coach, very good guy.  I highly doubt there were better candidates for this job than DB.

That's pretty insulting to the other coaches hired. Nothing against Burnett

Redbird88

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: purpleswag on June 21, 2018, 11:46:59 am
That's pretty insulting to the other coaches hired. Nothing against Burnett

I did not intend it to be that way.  Some great hires this offseason, some very deserving guys.  Also guys who went 1-9 getting hired and a guy out of the profession getting hired, too.

My comments were related to the "fit".  I think DB is a tremendous fit at Hot Springs, seems to check all the boxes they need.  I think DB will be very successful there.

beaverfan007

mrknowitall

What's the fit you are talking about...what boxes does he check off that the previous coaches didn't have!??

jbtiger73

I remember playing against him when he played at England. He was just a sophomore then. And was clearly the best player on the team. He played at McClellan his Jr year, then back to England his sr year. I've known him for about 15 or 16 years now. Definitely has what it takes to get the job done. He has to get them to buy in now. Which will be the difficult part. But I definitely have all the Faith in the world he can get it done there. Has been at Camden, Gurdon and Bryant. So he definitely knows what it takes to be a winner.

STBruin

Who were the other qualified coaches who applied?

Pat Swilling

Its late june.  great HC's are not gonna apply this late HS is very fortunate to hire the coach they got.  He is a rising star.  However HS will have to be patient with him.  With Ark High and LRM entering league.  Making playoffs is gonna be very tough.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Pat Swilling on June 22, 2018, 01:16:11 pm
Its late june.  great HC's are not gonna apply this late HS is very fortunate to hire the coach they got.  He is a rising star.  However HS will have to be patient with him.  With Ark High and LRM entering league.  Making playoffs is gonna be very tough.
+1

way2go

Wow, you're sticking your neck out when you apply for a head coaching job.

razortrack

Coach Burnett is a great hire regardless of the time of year the job was posted or available Coordinators and Head Coaches. He is a great man and great coach. His track program has been just as strong as his Defense. Regardless of the sport, some people can flat out coach and he is one of those people. Hot Springs will be immediately greatly improved under his leadership.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: D1_Scout on June 19, 2018, 06:28:33 pm
Hot Springs Trojans announce Darrell Burnett, from Bryant High School(DC)as Head Coach.
Great hire!! If it wasn't for him Camden Fairview wouldn't have a championship.

Youngsta71701

June 27, 2018, 10:33:59 am #42 Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:16:40 am by Youngsta71701
You obviously don't know what the heck you're talking about and you obviously don't know Coach Burnett. He was long overdue for a Head Coaching position. Camden Fairview messed up when they let him go after Coach James left.

TROJANS18

Quote from: D1_Scout on June 19, 2018, 06:22:28 pm
The name of the Stadium is Tommy J.  Holt Memorial Stadium at Joe Reese field.
its Tommy J. Holt Field @ Joe Reese Stadium

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 27, 2018, 10:33:59 am
You obviously don't know what the heck you're talking about and you obviously don't know Coach Burnett. He was long overdue for a Head Coaching position. Camden Fairview messed up when they let him got after Coach James left.
It's sad cause your absolutely right and the athletes loved how he coached everyone knew if he was teaching you something it's in your best interest to listen.

D1_Scout

July 18, 2018, 10:07:20 pm #45 Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 10:21:13 pm by D1_Scout
Quote from: TROJANS18 on July 09, 2018, 07:53:46 am
its Tommy J. Holt Field @ Joe Reese Stadium

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas