• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mammoth girls opening

Started by Sparklemoon, March 16, 2018, 10:09:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparklemoon

Wonder if the rumors are true? Heard Rapert and company are fixin to fly north for the summer to the big spring! Possibly coaching baseball.  Wonder if lane will move back from Norfork?  #ringchasing

thebigman3

How is she moving to all these schools that are 1-2 hours away from where she came from?..

bleudog

I would think "Mammoth girls opening" just moved ahead of "Strong head job" for most interesting thread title.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 16, 2018, 10:17:59 am
How is she moving to all these schools that are 1-2 hours away from where she came from?..

Her Dad is superintendent at Mammoth Spring...he held same position at Bay

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 16, 2018, 02:48:30 pm
Her Dad is superintendent at Mammoth Spring...he held same position at Bay
So now is he the superintendent at Norfork? I mean??

Bears_94

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 18, 2018, 12:39:28 am
So now is he the superintendent at Norfork? I mean??
He is still at Mammoth. The short version would be credentials. He is staying at Mammoth she is not.

gamechanger11

Did mammoth lose some due to graduation? Norfork lost Dodson and couple others so I would think mammoth would be better.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 18, 2018, 01:08:12 pm
Did mammoth lose some due to graduation? Norfork lost Dodson and couple others so I would think mammoth would be better.

Norfork loses Dodson and McGowan..and maybe #15(can't think of her name off hand) from starting 5...#20 off the bench...they'll bring back #10 Dillard, #22(PF type player) and the big girl off the bench...

Idk what Mammoth Loses....But if Hocum is graduating then I'd say Norfork has more pieces to work with next year (discounting Layne's impact at either school)

Basketballfan13

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 18, 2018, 01:37:09 pm
Norfork loses Dodson and McGowan..and maybe #15(can't think of her name off hand) from starting 5...#20 off the bench...they'll bring back #10 Dillard, #22(PF type player) and the big girl off the bench...

Idk what Mammoth Loses....But if Hocum is graduating then I'd say Norfork has more pieces to work with next year (discounting Layne's impact at either school)
I don't believe Mammoth lost anyone to graduation. But I'd say Norfork with Layne is a better team than Mammoth with Layne next year. One thing I'm unsure about is how she would be eligible unless they currently live in Norforks District or if they are planning on moving into their district while Chip is still Super at Mammoth?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 18, 2018, 02:13:33 pm
I don't believe Mammoth lost anyone to graduation. But I'd say Norfork with Layne is a better team than Mammoth with Layne next year. One thing I'm unsure about is how she would be eligible unless they currently live in Norforks District or if they are planning on moving into their district while Chip is still Super at Mammoth?

Well I'd imagine that with your dad being superintendent a full release wouldn't be impossible to get...Saying Norfork would take her thru school choice.

But as far as I know all we're dealing with here is FearlessFriday rumors

Central Ark

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 18, 2018, 02:15:25 pm
Well I'd imagine that with your dad being superintendent a full release wouldn't be impossible to get...Saying Norfork would take her thru school choice.

Most Fearless Rumors are 100% accurate.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Central Ark on March 18, 2018, 02:29:21 pm
Most Fearless Rumors are 100% accurate.
Ive told many stories most are 83% percentifile correct

HorseFeathers

thebigman3

I found out the other day that SackAttack and Daddy eagle are brothers.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 18, 2018, 03:30:03 pm
I found out the other day that SackAttack and Daddy eagle are brothers.

Siamese Twins?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 18, 2018, 02:15:25 pm

She wouldn't be eligible to play through school choice going into her Sr year unless the AAA gave her a hardship, but she shouldn't qualify for one.

thebigman3

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 18, 2018, 03:52:07 pm
She wouldn't be eligible to play through school choice going into her Sr year unless the AAA gave her a hardship, but she shouldn't qualify for one.
That's what I thought. She's gotta be living with someone or sum.

ballmember

What advantage would there be to play for the Norfork coach?  Most talent in the state this year and......    I bet Mammoth hires a decent coach and that would be good.   

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: ballmember on March 18, 2018, 07:24:56 pm
What advantage would there be to play for the Norfork coach?  Most talent in the state this year and......    I bet Mammoth hires a decent coach and that would be good.
Ballmember speaking truths again.
Ole Egg Laying Laymon had every opportunity last two years with great shooting, size, speed to win the whole thing. Got blown out once and other time had to come back from down 25 to even be in games with Wonderview.
Couldn't take advantage of clear mismatches and having stud players...not sure I'd move my kid there. But by all means...have at it. She will have quite the chance to stat stuff against the Bruno's, St Joe's, and Western Groves of the world, win 38 games and all that just to lose in qtrs or semis next year when they realize you can't play every team the same way.

Bears_94

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 18, 2018, 07:59:18 pm
Ballmember speaking truths again.
Ole Egg Laying Laymon had every opportunity last two years with great shooting, size, speed to win the whole thing. Got blown out once and other time had to come back from down 25 to even be in games with Wonderview.
Couldn't take advantage of clear mismatches and having stud players...not sure I'd move my kid there. But by all means...have at it. She will have quite the chance to stat stuff against the Bruno's, St Joe's, and Western Groves of the world, win 38 games and all that just to lose in qtrs or semis next year when they realize you can't play every team the same way.
No disrespect to Norfork but I believe I said earlier this year they wouldn't win it all. The seniors wouldn't pass the ball. I am not hating on Norfork because they were fun to watch and they were good. Your three best shooters from the team last year will be back next year. I agree that coaching lost the game. When they beat Wonderview the first time it was because of the junior Stovers I thinks her name and the sophomore. The Dillard girl along with Stovers and Rangel were your shooters for that team. Their coach let the seniors hog the ball for the last half of the year. I said it over and over it'd be a problem. Those three girls shot better than the seniors. I watched alll their tournament games and he had them slow the game down and play different than they had all year. Layne left we will survive without her but unfortunately it added a missing piece that Norfork needed for next year. Will they win state?? Probably not if their coach doesn't get some coaching lessons from someone.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bears_94 on March 18, 2018, 08:25:56 pm
No disrespect to Norfork but I believe I said earlier this year they wouldn't win it all. The seniors wouldn't pass the ball. I am not hating on Norfork because they were fun to watch and they were good. Your three best shooters from the team last year will be back next year. I agree that coaching lost the game. When they beat Wonderview the first time it was because of the junior Stovers I thinks her name and the sophomore. The Dillard girl along with Stovers and Rangel were your shooters for that team. Their coach let the seniors hog the ball for the last half of the year. I said it over and over it'd be a problem. Those three girls shot better than the seniors. I watched alll their tournament games and he had them slow the game down and play different than they had all year. Layne left we will survive without her but unfortunately it added a missing piece that Norfork needed for next year. Will they win state?? Probably not if their coach doesn't get some coaching lessons from someone.

I'm not mad at anyone for letting their best players take a majority of shots...I think anyone who knows basketball will say Dodson and McGowan should've been taking the lion's share of shots. That's not my issue with them.

Eagle_Mom_2

94 bears...has anyone actually confirmed mammoth coach leaving? That is the topic of this thread.

Bears_94

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 18, 2018, 08:33:47 pm
94 bears...has anyone actually confirmed mammoth coach leaving? That is the topic of this thread.
He is gone! I'm not mad at anyone for taking shots either! It kept them from a state championship and I am fine with that. I'd like us to win it next year they can have there new star player. We will be fine and come back stronger.

Eagle_Mom_2

Eagle_Mom_2

I appreciate your tenacity about overcoming losing your best player. But anyone who'd get excited over losing a player who's already been the state touney mvp and been your best player the year before doesn't know much.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Bears_94 on March 18, 2018, 08:42:11 pm
He is gone! I'm not mad at anyone for taking shots either! It kept them from a state championship and I am fine with that. I'd like us to win it next year they can have there new star player. We will be fine and come back stronger.

You have NO idea why they lost.  Wonderview did a good job keeping the ball out of the paint and made Norfork beat them from behind the line.  Wonderview did a great job not letting Dodson get a chance to score. 
Mammoth had a good player with Layne.  Too much drama is what I've heard.

Bomberman

Quote from: Bears_94 on March 18, 2018, 08:25:56 pm
You couldn't be further from right.  Rangel is a good player but is a 6 foot post player who doesn't shoot outside at all. You are right about Stowers she is a very good shooter. The seniors were not ball hogs ever. If you would have watched Norfork from the regular season finale vs. Jasper through to districts,  regionals and on to State they were shooting the three very poorly. They were saved because other teams were not blocking out and allowing second chance points. Wonderview did their homework for the semis, packed the defense in down low and let them fire away and they continued the cold shooting. Wonderview also shot lights out and made their free throws.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 18, 2018, 09:26:40 pm
You have NO idea why they lost.  Wonderview did a good job keeping the ball out of the paint and made Norfork beat them from behind the line.  Wonderview did a great job not letting Dodson get a chance to score. 
See, 94 bears...here's a guy who gets it.
Although I thought norfork went away from their best ones too much which played into Wonderview's favor.
But I'd agree. Looking at Mammoth, also though they guarded no one all season. Tried to outscore everyone.

Bomberman

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 18, 2018, 09:32:07 pm
See, 94 bears...here's a guy who gets it.
Although I thought norfork went away from their best ones too much which played into Wonderview's favor.
But I'd agree. Looking at Mammoth, also though they guarded no one all season. Tried to outscore everyone.
I watched Mammoth 6 or 7 times this season and I posted on the board months ago about how lazy Mammoth was on defense and on the boards. The post got deleted or I just imagined I posted it. Lol. They have girls that can flat out shoot but it didn't seem like there was any team chemistry there at all.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: bleudog on March 16, 2018, 12:10:11 pm
I would think "Mammoth girls opening" just moved ahead of "Strong head job" for most interesting thread title.

I missed this comment earlier. This is more inappropriate than calling a little person a midget.
I mean...the audacity.
Makes me madder than an armless person at a chess match.
More frustrated than I bird at a swim meet.
Moderators...I'm looking at you. Get this atrocity down before some snowflake is offended!

SackAttack

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bomberman on March 18, 2018, 09:38:29 pm
I watched Mammoth 6 or 7 times this season and I posted on the board months ago about how lazy Mammoth was on defense and on the boards. The post got deleted or I just imagined I posted it. Lol. They have girls that can flat out shoot but it didn't seem like there was any team chemistry there at all.
I didn't watch them even that many times and could see all those issues. Looked like a Guy Perkins-esque style of play...but without the 7a and 5a talent players to play in the system.

Bears_94

Quote from: Bomberman on March 18, 2018, 09:30:32 pm
You couldn't be further from right.  Rangel is a good player but is a 6 foot post player who doesn't shoot outside at all. You are right about Stowers she is a very good shooter. The seniors were not ball hogs ever. If you would have watched Norfork from the regular season finale vs. Jasper through to districts,  regionals and on to State they were shooting the three very poorly. They were saved because other teams were not blocking out and allowing second chance points. Wonderview did their homework for the semis, packed the defense in down low and let them fire away and they continued the cold shooting. Wonderview also shot lights out and made their free throws.
Ya Norfork seems to lack free throw making when it's important. Maybe next year they should put them on the line. I must have Rangel confused with someone else if she isn't a shooter. We will be there next year just like we were this year with our "lacking" defense. Sounds like Norfork only has two players coming back with an addition of Layne ...

Moonshiner

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 18, 2018, 09:43:03 pm
I missed this comment earlier. This is more inappropriate than calling a little person a midget.
I mean...the audacity.
Makes me madder than an armless person at a chess match.
More frustrated than I bird at a swim meet.
Moderators...I'm looking at you. Get this atrocity down before some snowflake is offended!

Madder than a midget with a yo-yo

Moonshiner

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 18, 2018, 09:51:06 pm
Madder than a midget with a yo-yo

Madder than a mosquito in a mannequin factory

Moonshiner

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 18, 2018, 09:52:58 pm
Madder than a mosquito in a mannequin factory

Madder than an albino hitchhiker in a snow storm

Moonshiner

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 18, 2018, 09:53:54 pm
Madder than an albino hitchhiker in a snow storm

Madder than Janet Renos blind date

Eagle_Mom_2

Madder than. A midget at a carnival ride.

Majorpain

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 18, 2018, 09:26:40 pm
Too much drama. Judging by this thread I'd say that'd be a true statement.  Wow just wow! Might want to bring two or three bottles to cling on the bleacher next year. You may need it more than last year.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Majorpain on March 18, 2018, 10:13:59 pm
Too much drama. Judging by this thread I'd say that'd be a true statement.  Wow just wow! Might want to bring two or three bottles to cling on the bleacher next year. You may need it more than last year.
94 bears says they'll be better next year. Every team gets better without their best player...right??

Moonshiner

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 18, 2018, 10:19:44 pm
94 bears says they'll be better next year. Every team gets better without their best player...right??

Not usually

BasketballNeverStops

Madder than a piano player in a marching band.

TTownfan

Madder than Chip Layne because the board wouldn't let him coach the girls team next year.

Moonshiner

Bears_94

Is it even legal Layne going to Norfork? I would hope the AAA is investigating that. Mr. Chip is still at Mammoth and isn't making a commute.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Bears_94 on April 02, 2018, 11:59:16 am
Is it even legal Layne going to Norfork? I would hope the AAA is investigating that. Mr. Chip is still at Mammoth and isn't making a commute.
It's legal. Her grandparents are legally adopting her and they live within the district. Chip knows enough about making recruits legal to know how to make it work for his own daughter!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on April 02, 2018, 12:28:27 pm
It's legal. Her grandparents are legally adopting her and they live within the district. Chip knows enough about making recruits legal to know how to make it work for his own daughter!

WoW

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 02, 2018, 06:10:03 pm
WoW
I heard one other case like this.  Apparently this is one way around the parents having to move.  But they don't let the grands adopt, they just give them legal guardianship saying the kid is living with them and going to school there.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: riccoar on April 03, 2018, 07:48:31 am
I heard one other case like this.  Apparently this is one way around the parents having to move.  But they don't let the grands adopt, they just give them legal guardianship saying the kid is living with them and going to school there.

Guardianship can not be used for eligibility purposes. It's must be court approved adoption.

riccoar

Quote from: fann07 on April 03, 2018, 08:12:45 am

Guardianship can not be used for eligibility purposes. It's must be court approved adoption.
I'd need to see proof of that.  Besides, there are as many transfers in 1A as college basketball it seems like.  It's apparent the AAA don't care enough about small school shenanigans to make sure it's just guardianship or adoption. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas