• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(BOYS): Jonesboro Westside vs Baptist Prep SAT 4;15

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2018, 12:24:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Ctucker

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 11, 2018, 08:09:23 am
In 3A.
Prep looked good 3A could have 2 teams in finals that did not play 3a this year! Prep and Lighthouse especially if Doakes goes back to Lighthouse

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: CoachBobbyT on March 10, 2018, 09:26:31 pm
Baptist Prep didn't do anything special to "shut down" Felts. They played zone the whole game.  McBride could have scored as many as he wanted.

They did make a structural shift to their normal D that made a significant difference in the game.  It was well conceived and executed, but for one weakness that WS exploited a few times.

Spurfan

Actually I would throw ashdown in the mix as a team with a shot to go to the 3a finals next year. They played baptist well and return their top 4 scorers and 9 out of their top 11 players will be back. Could make a run next year

spoony gluv

Quote from: Batman44 on March 10, 2018, 12:42:57 pm
Felts WONT be off, however, should he be off some, there are 4 others who can, and will, take up the slack. Batman has solved the riddle.
I guess he WAS off after all. Westside was just outclassed at pretty much every spot on the floor. No shame in that, Prep is just much better and they clearly proved it.

CoachBobbyT

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 10, 2018, 09:01:24 pm
Man, Baptist Prep changed my mind today. They looked way more prepared than they did up in Brookland and Westside did not look as prepared. Congrats to Baptist Prep for the win well deserved. James Renshaw and James Singleton the two bigs for Baptist absolutely dominated both on offense and defense. Issac Mcbride was obviously the best player but Baptist's role players all had exceptional games. I wish the game were closer to have more of a championship feel but Baptist came out ready from the start and never looked back. They did an amazing job on Avery Felts and held him to only 7 points and that was the big difference for me.
Hahahahaha!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas