• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Gyms

Started by Rampage72501, February 03, 2018, 08:40:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rampage72501

I need your help.  As many of you know, Batesville's gym is almost 50 years old and basically obsolete.  Our administration is working on a plan that would allow us to build a new, multipurpose gym/Fine Arts facility, but we need some help.

Many of the patrons of our district don't realize just how bad our facility is because they seldom see other gyms.  In order to help educate those not in the know, we're trying to put together a photo album of all 32 Class 5A gyms.  Our hope is to use the photos to educate our patrons on the disparity between our facilities and other schools our size.

We're looking for a couple of photos of each gym.  One would be of the outside of the facility, capturing what the facility looks like in comparison to size of other surrounding buildings (if applicable) and parking lots.  Not too far away, but not a closeup either.  The second (and most important) photo would be of the inside of the facility, capturing as best possible the court and available seating.  We'd also like to know the seating capacity, both as per normal use and any special situations (chairs added to the floor for assemblies, special events, etc.)

If you are interested in helping us with this project, please send me a private message and I'll reach out to you.  We're hoping to get this put together before the end of basketball season, so any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.

Runnin With The Pack

Glad to read this...I agree, Batesville is in dire need of a new facility.  Good luck.

Rocket23

LRCA is supposed to break ground on a 1,400 seat new arena in August.

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Rocket23 on February 03, 2018, 10:25:15 pm
LRCA is supposed to break ground on a 1,400 seat new arena in August.

Why would they not build something with the seating capacity to host regional/state?

Rocket23

Not worth the extra investment just to host the state tournament.  Has to seat 2,000 and that would another couple million or so.  It will be nice though.

OB11

Quote from: Rocket23 on February 20, 2018, 12:22:25 pm
Not worth the extra investment just to host the state tournament.  Has to seat 2,000 and that would another couple million or so.  It will be nice though.

Putting in  another 700 seats would cost another $2 Million?

Neckred

Quote from: Rocket23 on February 20, 2018, 12:22:25 pm
Can't see an extra 700 seats costing 2 million.  Anyone from LRCA in the know about Justice Hill?  What's his favorite sport?

cannon

Best I could do was some pulls off the net.  I THINK the seating capacity is something north of 2,500.  I know it exceeds 2,000.

Rampage72501

Quote from: cannon on February 21, 2018, 04:15:09 pm
Best I could do was some pulls off the net.  I THINK the seating capacity is something north of 2,500.  I know it exceeds 2,000.

Thank you.

Anyone else willing to help us get pics of their gyms?

AT

February 21, 2018, 07:01:59 pm #9 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:07:50 pm by Almatrackster

AT

I know this is a wide range, but somewhere between 2500-3000

Rampage72501

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2018, 07:08:28 pm
I know this is a wide range, but somewhere between 2500-3000

Thank you.  I got to see your gym for the first time a couple of years ago in the state volleyball tournament,  It was simply amazing.  If we can build something half as nice as Alma, we'll instantly be among the best in the state.

AT

Quote from: Rampage72501 on February 21, 2018, 07:32:11 pm
Thank you.  I got to see your gym for the first time a couple of years ago in the state volleyball tournament,  It was simply amazing.  If we can build something half as nice as Alma, we'll instantly be among the best in the state.

Awesome that you got to see it. It was built during my freshmen year of high school and finished my sophomore year. We were all stunned and spoiled.

The fact that it was finished in 2008 and still holds up as one of the best, if not THE best, arenas in the state is amazing. (10 years isn't a lot, but it's not small in terms of the Facilities Race). Some would argue Lake Hamilton's is better.

Heck, Alma's practice gym is nice...if I can find a picture of it, I'll put it on here.

AT

Here's Alma's practice gym:

Rampage72501

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2018, 07:34:19 pm
Awesome that you got to see it. It was built during my freshmen year of high school and finished my sophomore year. We were all stunned and spoiled.

The fact that it was finished in 2008 and still holds up as one of the best, if not THE best, arenas in the state is amazing. (10 years isn't a lot, but it's not small in terms of the Facilities Race). Some would argue Lake Hamilton's is better.

Heck, Alma's practice gym is nice...if I can find a picture of it, I'll put it on here.

I have been in a few high school and college gyms across the state.  From my experiences, Alma is the best High School gym I have ever been in, and would be in the top 4 of all gyms, only behind Bud Walton, Verizon, and The Convoction Center (or what ever they are calling it today).  I'm positive there are other great gyms I haven't been in, but it would be hard to imagine anything better than Alma.

Neckred

Quote from: Rampage72501 on February 21, 2018, 09:48:59 pm
I have been in a few high school and college gyms across the state.  From my experiences, Alma is the best High School gym I have ever been in, and would be in the top 4 of all gyms, only behind Bud Walton, Verizon, and The Convoction Center (or what ever they are calling it today).  I'm positive there are other great gyms I haven't been in, but it would be hard to imagine anything better than Alma.
Lake Hamilton

Runnin With The Pack

Blazer Arena @ Valley View seats 3K...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas