• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Last chance for Bad Boy Mower University of the Ukraine?

Started by TTownfan, February 03, 2018, 08:04:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TTownfan

Heard last night at the game that if Southside doesn't win it this year they never will.  Next year Brogdon is headed to ICC, Patterson is headed to Westside to team up with his friend Felts, and the big Ukranian has to go back home.  Any truth to this?

Livewire

Interesting!
I saw that Southside pulled out the win against Tuckerman.  Tom Miholjcic with 26 points.

TTownfan

Quote from: Livewire on February 03, 2018, 10:32:23 am
Interesting!
I saw that Southside pulled out the win against Tuckerman.  Tom Miholjcic with 26 points.

Yes they did. It was a great game and the big kid was the difference maker, which lends credence to the rumor. Without him they are a very average 4A team. Big Daddy Brogdon will do anything to get his kid a ring and the kid isn't near talented enough to put a team on his back like the Reeves kid did. I'm pretty sure Brogdon was scoreless last night. So, if the big kid leaves it makes sense that Brogdon would go to ICC and be a role player and ride the coat tails of Cooper and Faulkner to a championship.

Also, it's my understanding the Patterson kid and Felts are good friends and play AAU together so it makes sense he would go to Westside. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Trojanbird

Sounds like a lot of Daddy ball going on there!
Truly a program wrecker and a good way to have no one like your kid!

Livewire

A few years ago there was a coach Brogdon at Highland who had a couple boys who played basketball. I recall that the locals were happy when the eldest son graduated so that the team could once again play basketball instead of "Brogdonball". Any connection?

hogfan7

Why would Brogdon & Patterson want to leave? That's what my question is here.

baller334

He wld definitely have a lot better shot at winning a ring at ICC. There isn't near as much talent or competition in the 1A especially in that Region!!

hogfan7

TTownfan

Quote from: hogfan7 on February 03, 2018, 03:18:13 pm
Why would Brogdon & Patterson want to leave? That's what my question is here.

If the big kid stays i don't see them transferring, but if he does leave i can see them transferring for a better shot at a ring. The comment i heard last night was the big kid was out of eligibility after this year and if SS didn't win it this year Patterson and Brogdon had plans to transfer.  Have no idea whether it's true or not.

JessieP

Southside has a serious LaVar Ball situation going on. The Coach is not the Coach, LaVar has pulled strings, fudged laws and even sponsored an "exchange" student to help the team out. LaVar ran the AAU team this summer and is dead set on getting his Son a ring. There is a lot of drama there and a few very unhappy parents. A few kids have grown up Southerners and worked hard for playing time. they have been pushed down the bench. The real Coach doesn't sit with the team, he stands against the wall, make no mistake about it, he calls the shots. The one poster is spot on, LaVar's Son is a good player but no way he can deliver a ring. He's a Henderson/Harding type player at best. There is nothing organic about SS this year, it's an assembled team. A lot of players are getting screwed out of playing time to pacify one parent living vicariously through his kid.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: JessieP on February 03, 2018, 11:23:28 pm
Southside has a serious LaVar Ball situation going on. The Coach is not the Coach, LaVar has pulled strings, fudged laws and even sponsored an "exchange" student to help the team out. LaVar ran the AAU team this summer and is dead set on getting his Son a ring. There is a lot of drama there and a few very unhappy parents. A few kids have grown up Southerners and worked hard for playing time. they have been pushed down the bench. The real Coach doesn't sit with the team, he stands against the wall, make no mistake about it, he calls the shots. The one poster is spot on, LaVar's Son is a good player but no way he can deliver a ring. He's a Henderson/Harding type player at best. There is nothing organic about SS this year, it's an assembled team. A lot of players are getting screwed out of playing time to pacify one parent living vicariously through his kid.
That's on your admin and AD. That's why they are paid the big money to keep this nonsense from happening. Sounds like some serious district changes need to occur if what you say is true. That is unacceptable.

LRRandy

Seems like the type of situation that will keep a team from winning anything meaningful. The first adversity they face in the postseason they fold due to being fractured and not a team in it for each other.

Trojanbird

TTownfan

Quote from: Trojanbird on February 04, 2018, 12:47:03 pm
You have a spineless coach and AD! IMO

I'd say their hands are probably pretty much tied when it comes to Brogdon's involvement in the program, but I would challenge them to put a stop to the cussing, name calling, and cheap shots. No sense in it, but it might be behaviors learned from Big Daddy during AAU ball.  Who knows.

87DAWG

Quote from: Outoftownfan on February 03, 2018, 04:07:28 pm
If the big kid stays i don't see them transferring, but if he does leave i can see them transferring for a better shot at a ring. The comment i heard last night was the big kid was out of eligibility after this year and if SS didn't win it this year Patterson and Brogdon had plans to transfer.  Have no idea whether it's true or not.
Big Tom's last year! They have just a good chance of any to win the 4A this year. Alot of good teams but not a dominate one. SS has all they need this year to make a run! We will see!

JessieP

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 04, 2018, 11:13:30 am
That's on your admin and AD. That's why they are paid the big money to keep this nonsense from happening. Sounds like some serious district changes need to occur if what you say is true. That is unacceptable.

The funny thing is that it's not at all covert. Everyone knows what's going on, Trojanbird is correct, no one seems capable of reigning it in. The players are quite cocky and vocal, they taunt endlessly. It would be one thing if they made any effort to stifle it but they embrace it. When the teams are introduced before the game and the Coaches name is said you can hear audible laughs. The Moms working the snack bar have more input then the puppet Coach on the bench. SS has some solid players that have put in time since grade 7 that will never see the court.

dawgs

That nasty language will land kids on the bench come tournament time.  They have a chance but pride comes before the fall!!!

87DAWG

Quote from: JessieP on February 04, 2018, 07:23:35 pm
The funny thing is that it's not at all covert. Everyone knows what's going on, Trojanbird is correct, no one seems capable of reigning it in. The players are quite cocky and vocal, they taunt endlessly. It would be one thing if they made any effort to stifle it but they embrace it. When the teams are introduced before the game and the Coaches name is said you can hear audible laughs. The Moms working the snack bar have more input then the puppet Coach on the bench. SS has some solid players that have put in time since grade 7 that will never see the court.
Geez! Really??? The best chance for SS to win are the kids who play!!! This is not pee wee basketball where everyone plays and everyone gets a trophy! I agree its unfair but it is what it is.

pridgehog

LRRandy

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 05, 2018, 11:25:17 am
Geez! Really??? The best chance for SS to win are the kids who play!!! This is not pee wee basketball where everyone plays and everyone gets a trophy! I agree its unfair but it is what it is.
I'm going to guess one of the players on the bench is his kid.

JessieP

Quote from: LRRandy on February 05, 2018, 02:24:57 pm

My kid? Yeah right. If I had a kid at SS I would have to admit I've made some horrible life decisions. I also oppose participation trophies but I don't think it's fair that one parent makes every decision for an entire team. I guess that's where we differ, I don't have to have one of my kids directly affected to feel bad for other kids, I'm funny that way.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Outoftownfan on February 04, 2018, 04:17:32 pm
I'd say their hands are probably pretty much tied when it comes to Brogdon's involvement in the program, but I would challenge them to put a stop to the cussing, name calling, and cheap shots. No sense in it, but it might be behaviors learned from Big Daddy during AAU ball.  Who knows.

Seems pretty simple. If daddy is causing a problem, put his son on the bench and don't let him play until daddy shuts up and lets the coach do his job. If he leaves the team, so be it. Problem solved.

Trojanbird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 06, 2018, 08:16:04 am
Seems pretty simple. If daddy is causing a problem, put his son on the bench and don't let him play until daddy shuts up and lets the coach do his job. If he leaves the team, so be it. Problem solved.
Obviously the coach and AD are scared of Daddy!
I'm sure his son has a very respectful attitude as well!        Shameful!!

JessieP

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 06, 2018, 08:16:04 am

Impossible, Daddy has far more power/influence than the coach. Coach answers to Daddy. The Son is a good kid, no need punish him for the sins of the father.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: JessieP on February 06, 2018, 12:12:40 pm
Impossible, Daddy has far more power/influence than the coach. Coach answers to Daddy. The Son is a good kid, no need punish him for the sins of the father.

Daddy doesn't sit on the bench and sub players in and out of the game though does he? If he doesn't do that, coach still has the power. Maybe he just has no stones.

Jacketman65

SouthernerPride

Quote from: Jacketman65 on February 06, 2018, 01:25:57 pm
Daddy the superintendant and or the AD?
neither. You guys are acting like some teenage girls spouting all these rumors and completely fabricated stories. Shameful.  ???

JessieP

Quote from: SouthernerPride on February 06, 2018, 07:33:07 pm
neither. You guys are acting like some teenage girls spouting all these rumors and completely fabricated stories. Shameful.  ???

I was wondering when SS's Baghdad Bob would show up. I knew you'd be here to set everyone straight. Little teeny problem, everything brought up is documented. I do like how you included question marks after your post, not sure about your defense yourself? I do admire your unwavering devotion, although you'll be hard pressed to top your prediction about the SS/Arky game, that was a classic! "Will be a low scoring game, the 2 best defenses in the State". Too bad Arky didn't follow the script, 42...Ouch! Should have been 56 but the refs called back 2 td's, oh well. Sorry SP but NOTHING on this thread is fabricated. The people who started it are pretty spot on with their info.

bballfan1

How about Tuckerman getting beat last night by Bald Knob???!!!!  LMBO!!!!!!!

87DAWG

Quote from: LRRandy on February 05, 2018, 02:24:57 pm
No my kid is on the bench at another 4A school. He is a role player! Lol...I just call it like i see it. Basketball is a simple game complicated by smart people.

LRRandy

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 07, 2018, 09:58:13 am
No my kid is on the bench at another 4A school. He is a role player! Lol...I just call it like i see it. Basketball is a simple game complicated by smart people.
got it. It is interesting the things that you can see develop over the course of a season when you see teams more than once. Traveling to every game and watching things unfold throughout the year does give a person certain insights. I don't follow BP as intimately as I did the years my son played. I do miss that aspect. I have gone to every day of state tournament even days Prep isn't playing because I love the atmosphere and the competition of the teams.

TTownfan

Quote from: Outoftownfan on February 03, 2018, 08:04:51 am
Heard last night at the game that if Southside doesn't win it this year they never will.  Next year Brogdon is headed to ICC, Patterson is headed to Westside to team up with his friend Felts, and the big Ukranian has to go back home.  Any truth to this?

You heard it here first. Got confirmation yesterday Brogdon to ICC next year is a done deal. Patterson to Westside won't happen after his performance Saturday.

Trojanbird

That shows a whole lot of dedication, just the type of teammate everyone wishes for!

Sport Master

I was in attendance at the game Saturday and Patterson led southside with 20 points. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "his performance"

Livewire

I understand and agree that Westside doesn't need that type of player!
What I'd like to know is why he was only "T'ed"up and not ejected!

TTownfan

Quote from: Sport Master on March 06, 2018, 04:58:03 pm
I was in attendance at the game Saturday and Patterson led southside with 20 points. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "his performance"

I'll just say some of the shots he takes are not expensive.  :D

Sport Master

Felts, a westside player, hit a southside player in the face with his elbow after the whistle but nothing was done.

TTownfan

March 07, 2018, 01:26:34 pm #37 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:33:20 pm by Outoftownfan
Quote from: Sport Master on March 07, 2018, 07:45:29 am
Felts, a westside player, hit a southside player in the face with his elbow after the whistle but nothing was done.

It's never acceptable, but with Felts it was an event.  With Patterson it was expected behavior.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Outoftownfan on March 07, 2018, 01:26:34 pm
It's never acceptable, but with Felts it was an event.  With Patterson it's a trend.

Your obsession with southside, Brogdon, and Patterson is weird, man. Might want to really think about why you're so obsessed with all of them.

TTownfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 07, 2018, 01:33:11 pm
Your obsession with southside, Brogdon, and Patterson is weird, man. Might want to really think about why you're so obsessed with all of them.

I'll work on that for ya.

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 07, 2018, 01:33:11 pm

I have always sided with you and almost always agreed. On this one I am quite baffled, Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle? I wonder how hard some PA fans would laugh at this post? He's posted a few times about what many perceive as an unfair advantage on another thread you have posted 100's of times about what you perceive as an unfair advantage. If the number of his post signifies obsessed then what would 100's of post mean? BTW, he is far from the only person who has questioned SS's tactics, both on and off the court.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on March 07, 2018, 05:22:12 pm
I have always sided with you and almost always agreed. On this one I am quite baffled, Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle? I wonder how hard some PA fans would laugh at this post? He's posted a few times about what many perceive as an unfair advantage on another thread you have posted 100's of times about what you perceive as an unfair advantage. If the number of his post signifies obsessed then what would 100's of post mean? BTW, he is far from the only person who has questioned SS's tactics, both on and off the court.

Jessie, I'm glad you're a huge fan of mine. We should go out for lunch since you seem to talk so much and represent Batesville so well.

I know you don't like Southside, so maybe we can invite the Brogdons so you can talk to them too?

J12

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 07, 2018, 06:14:33 pm
Jessie, I'm glad you're a huge fan of mine. We should go out for lunch since you seem to talk so much and represent Batesville so well.

I know you don't like Southside, so maybe we can invite the Brogdons so you can talk to them too?

Why invite them to lunch? Half of them are members on this board.

LRRandy

MDXPHD

Quote from: J12 on March 07, 2018, 06:20:04 pm
Why invite them to lunch? Half of them are members on this board.

So we can all sit down and Jessie can tell us why he's so upset with Southside! And since he wants to call me out, I figured we could just grab some lunch and get to know each other so we are on the same page! You could come too if you want. I'll buy!

J12

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 07, 2018, 06:22:07 pm
So we can all sit down and Jessie can tell us why he's so upset with Southside! And since he wants to call me out, I figured we could just grab some lunch and get to know each other so we are on the same page! You could come too if you want. I'll buy!

Pass

MDXPHD

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 07, 2018, 06:14:33 pm

I don't know the Brogdons from Adam, is this supposed to intimidate me? If so let me say, swing and a miss. You are correct, I don't like Southside. My reasons stem from the one time I attended a basketball game there against Stuttgart and was aghast at some of the comments I heard in the lobby directed towards the Stuttgart fans/players. And as far as my questioning your labeling someone obsessed, nice pivot! The best way to respond to facts is to change the subject and insult. You'll make a fine politician.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on March 07, 2018, 06:30:41 pm
I don't know the Brogdons from Adam, is this supposed to intimidate me? If so let me say, swing and a miss. You are correct, I don't like Southside. My reasons stem from the one time I attended a basketball game there against Stuttgart and was aghast at some of the comments I heard in the lobby directed towards the Stuttgart fans/players. And as far as my questioning your labeling someone obsessed, nice pivot! The best way to respond to facts is to change the subject and insult. You'll make a fine politician.

So...no lunch?

TTownfan

Quote from: JessieP on March 07, 2018, 06:30:41 pm

Racial slurs, F bombs, and cheap shots.  What's not to like?

If you're going to lunch better hurry before they move to the ICC district.  Not many places to choose from up that way.   :) :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas