• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ERIC BURNETT GONE

Started by SportsReporter, January 22, 2018, 09:28:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsReporter

January 22, 2018, 09:28:03 am Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:29:59 am by SportsReporter
 Nortside Grizzlies boys basketball coach will not to be returning for the remaining part of the season. The grizzlies are 12-6  this year and my understanding is they've been without Burnett on the bench for sometime now.

4real

Sad deal. Finally got over the hump last year, and this year they have as good a shot to win as anyone in 7A.  Still haven't heard the reasons.  Hope everything is OK for him and his family.

SportsReporter

Current situation is said to be 'paid administrative leave'

Grizzlyfan

so does anyone plan to do the reporting necessary to find out what the real reason is?

scrapdig

Rayburn

They have been playing without him since coming back from Christmas break. Haven't heard any new news on it as far as his firing being permanent. I'm in central Arkansas and I know people in the area who are usually in the know, but say they have really kept this one close to the vest. Nobody seems to know anything.

Grizzlyfan

Conflicting stories now.  First reported he was out.  The Fort Smith AD told a reporter yesterday he was still on paid personal leave.

Grizzlyfan

Word around the campfire is that Burnett could be back on the bench tonight.

Basketball13

He was the head coach against Conway tonight.

Brian G

Locking this.

Burnett is back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas