• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JUNCTION CITY vs RIVERCREST @ WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM DEC 8 2017

Started by ISU7, December 01, 2017, 09:38:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got for the 2017 3A title

JC
73 (60.3%)
RC
48 (39.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

ISU7

GO Colts

tdn (Tim)

Dragon#40

501Arkansas

bigchief72455

Looking forward to this game. Can the Colts nab one more title before leaving the 3A.

bleudog

501Arkansas

Dragon I

Um.....they've made it 50% of the time since the move to 3A....anyone else got numbers like that? I think all of you mighty "3A" rejects are just upset because a school that shouldn't even be in 3A is ruining everything!  I laugh every time I think of all of those JC can't compete threads!  You guys are so full of yourselves.

Monsta

Jimbo Morphis

THA TRUTH

So basically it's a Game between a team with 4a numbers vs a team with 2a numbers.... ill take the 2a by two tds

dragonator

Quote from: Dragon I on December 01, 2017, 11:04:29 pm
Um.....they've made it 50% of the time since the move to 3A....anyone else got numbers like that? I think all of you mighty "3A" rejects are just upset because a school that shouldn't even be in 3A is ruining everything!  I laugh every time I think of all of those JC can't compete threads!  You guys are so full of yourselves.

We drove through Clinton this week and it is just amazing to me that JC is able to compete, much less win, against these large schools. Clinton is one of the largest 4 or 5 3A school in Arkansas with an enrollment of 100 more students than JC. The population of Clinton is 3 times that of JC and the city footprint of Clinton is probably ten to twenty times that of JC. The vast amount of business, many national chains, lends to a lot larger tax base for the school district not to mention more opportunity for special funding for the school and athletics. From my standpoint, its that indifference and not the "infamous" Louisiana kid argument that is unfair. ;)

redandgray

ISU7

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 01, 2017, 11:23:32 pm
So basically it's a Game between a team with 4a numbers vs a team with 2a numbers.... ill take the 2a by two tds
Student wise and they are all from Arkansas..... ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) Fact: since week 8 Crest has been playing with out their star linebacker and leading tackler. Fact: since week 10 Crest has been playing without both starting linebackers and their #1 back. So go ahead act cocky, this team play with heart and they will be ready. :-X 8)

ISU7

Quote from: dragonator on December 02, 2017, 12:34:06 am
We drove through Clinton this week and it is just amazing to me that JC is able to compete, much less win, against these large schools. Clinton is one of the largest 4 or 5 3A school in Arkansas with an enrollment of 100 more students than JC. The population of Clinton is 3 times that of JC and the city footprint of Clinton is probably ten to twenty times that of JC. The vast amount of business, many national chains, lends to a lot larger tax base for the school district not to mention more opportunity for special funding for the school and athletics. From my standpoint, its that indifference and not the "infamous" Louisiana kid argument that is unfair. ;)
Every student at the schools DO NOT play football. Ya'll too funny..... ;D

Dragon I

Quote from: ISU7 on December 02, 2017, 01:59:13 am
Every student at the schools DO NOT play football. Ya'll too funny..... ;D

Obviously some do, or they wouldn't have football.............The majority of hacks on here have been pounding their chests about how "now JC sees real football" and how we couldn't handle it.  We tried to tell y'all the best in 2A was no different than the best in 3A, it just drops off fast after the first 2 or 3.  Fact is, JC is proving that very thing this year.  Every team they have played this season, minus HA, has had a larger student pool to pull from, and it hasn't mattered. 

Sick Dog

Yeah but JC is the only one who pulls from Louisiana so don't start the sad talk. BTW y'all can petition to stay 3A.

Monsta

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 02, 2017, 07:14:31 am
Yeah but JC is the only one who pulls from Louisiana so don't start the sad talk. BTW y'all can petition to stay 3A.
The Do Not Pull Kid From Louisiana To Play Football The Kids From Louisiana That Plays Football For Junction City Has Been Playing Together Since Pee Wee and Going To School In Jc All Their Life, Stop Making As Excuse For Losing To A 2A Team That Was Forced To Play up a classification

Ghost of Colts52

If rivercrest just doesn't spot the dragons a 24 point lead they will win by 30. JC choke artists. Trying to find ways to lose

thabeast428

But we always find a way to win and they won't have to spot us anything. Jc by 16

Sick Dog

If your telling me that Louisiana kids don't cross the border to play for JC then your a lier. And that they have been playing there since pee wee is a ridiculous statement. Go look at the classification numbers JC turned in the years they dominated AA then go look at the school annual and see how many kids took school pictures in those grades and look at the number difference. I know all schools get new kids every year and a lot of good programs get good players that way but don't try to argue the fact. I have many friends and family from across the border. That fact has been proven.
Mic drop

THA TRUTH

Dragon I

If your telling me that Louisiana kids don't cross the border to play for JC then your a lier.

It's not worth it guys............Just let this one go.

THA TRUTH

Dragon I

Lol!  Sad thing is, this idiot is going to swear that you're being serious! 

thabeast428

bleudog

Gentlemen, when a sick puppy has to resort to beating a dead horse, that puppy must be worried.  ;)

CLICK HERE

Proud Buckaroo

Dragon I

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dragon I on December 02, 2017, 09:20:48 am
Did you move?

Nope. I'm going to the game. Lol. I was at JC last night on the opposite sideline.

Dragon I

In the stands?  Just wondering what the Noles were saying through the game.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dragon I on December 02, 2017, 09:23:36 am
In the stands?  Just wondering what the Noles were saying through the game.

No. I was on the actual sideline. About 2 foot from the players/coaches.

bleudog

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on December 02, 2017, 08:07:07 am
If rivercrest just doesn't spot the dragons a 24 point lead they will win by 30. JC choke artists. Trying to find ways to lose

The goal is that when the game is over to have spotted your opponent less points than they have spotted you.  When those points are scored just go to how interesting/nerve-racking the game is.  ;D

Hopefully these cardiac Dragons can send another group of doubters back home with a L.

cuz

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 02, 2017, 08:31:14 am
If your telling me that Louisiana kids don't cross the border to play for JC then your a lier. And that they have been playing there since pee wee is a ridiculous statement. Go look at the classification numbers JC turned in the years they dominated AA then go look at the school annual and see how many kids took school pictures in those grades and look at the number difference. I know all schools get new kids every year and a lot of good programs get good players that way but don't try to argue the fact. I have many friends and family from across the border. That fact has been proven.
Mic drop

bleudog

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 02, 2017, 09:32:13 am
No. I was on the actual sideline. About 2 foot from the players/coaches.

How'd the JC crowd sound from over there?

bleudog

Ghost of Colts52

I assure you that Rivercrest is the furthest thing from a junction city doubter. You stand between us and our trophy. The dragons won't be taken lightly. I imagine it'll be an amazing game

amehr36

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on December 02, 2017, 10:04:45 am
I assure you that Rivercrest is the furthest thing from a junction city doubter. You stand between us and our trophy. The dragons won't be taken lightly. I imagine it'll be an amazing game

Now this is a guy who gets it. Good luck next friday, bro.

dragonpastor

bleudog

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on December 02, 2017, 10:04:45 am

Quote from: amehr36 on December 02, 2017, 10:38:56 am
Now this is a guy who gets it. Good luck next friday, bro.

36, I think some recent event may have altered his doubt level.  ;D

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 29, 2017, 01:01:45 pm
I think this one will be a close game for a half. I think hooks will out coach JC. Noles roll 34-21

Good luck to BOTH teams.

State champs 2010

I'm just ready to hear the voice of the dragons make every excuse possible on why they didn't win!! IF they don't win!! Should be a good game.. colts by 7.

Coltfan2005

amehr36

Easiest win of the entire playoffs for Junction... Wont need any excuses.

cuz

Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 02, 2017, 11:33:32 am
I'm just ready to hear the voice of the dragons make every excuse possible on why they didn't win!! IF they don't win!! Should be a good game.. colts by 7.
Junction city don't make excuses, their coaches teach them to win and play with class, old school style.....

"I honestly believe that if you are willing to out-condition the opponent, have confidence in your ability, be more aggressive than your opponent and have a genuine desire for team victory, you will become the national champions. If you have all the above, you will acquire confidence and poise, and you will have those intangibles that win the close ones.Bear Bryant

"I always want my players to show class, knock'em down, pat on the back, and run back to the huddle."Bear Bryant

Dragon Football

dragondad

Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 02, 2017, 11:33:32 am

I didn't know The Voice of the Dragons even contributes dialogue on FF.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bleudog on December 02, 2017, 09:45:43 am
How'd the JC crowd sound from over there?

Not enough cow bells. Rison would beat you guys in cowbells.

dragondad

bleudog

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 02, 2017, 03:11:23 pm
Not enough cow bells. Rison would beat you guys in cowbells.

From where I was sitting, it seemed like the best crowd involvement all season.

And I'm a foot stomper.  Cowboy boots and metal bleachers tend to resonate pretty well.  ;D

dragondad

Was told that the didn't allow ANY artificial noise makers at the State game last night.   I guess AAA rule book is once again not THE rule book.

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2017, 05:39:48 pm
Was told that the didn't allow ANY artificial noise makers at the State game last night.   I guess AAA rule book is once again not THE rule book.

House rules.

"The following items are NOT permitted in War Memorial Stadium:

Alcoholic beverages, Animals (not including service dogs), Baby seats, Baby strollers, Backpacks (or any large bags), Banners, signs, Beach Balls, Cameras (professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses), Coolers or containers, Explosives, Folding chairs or stools, Food and beverages, Ice chest, Laser pointers, Noisemakers of any type (i.e. bells, horns, whistles, etc.), Pets (with exception of service animals used by disabled guests), Personal heaters, Professional Photography Equipment, Selfie sticks, Stadium seats, Umbrellas , Video cameras, Weapons (gun, knife)."

https://www.wmstadium.com/stadium-info/a-to-z-guide#index-p

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas