• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne at LRCA

Started by PA Dad, November 04, 2017, 10:16:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: JessieP on November 11, 2017, 01:52:17 pm
I would agree with that. Wynne is a great team, easily the real #2 in the State. The LRCA hype was put to rest last night, in a BIG way. Take away the Batesville game and Wynne is undefeated. Now before you say "Well many teams would love to take away one game" let me explain. Now sit down Wynne fans and take a deep breath, Wynne only lost to Batesville because Wynne almost always loses to Batesville. For whatever reason Batesville has Wynne's number. In years when Wynne is clearly better, Batesville wins. So many people wrote Wynne off after that game, big mistake. Wynne is every bit as good as they were last year, probably better. The only thing standing in Wynne's way is the fact that PA is much better then last year.
I agree with a lot of what your saying...PA looks to be the best team in 5A. I think Wynne's offense is as good or better than last year, and up to this point the defense is playing a ton better....I think 6A would probably give PA more competitive games, 5A just don't have an answer for them, it would take a team with at least 4 or 5 D1 prospects to beat them and 5A just don't offer that.

PA Dad

PA can be defeated.  Parkview came very close. 

I think part of the problem is that 5A teams are convinced they can't beat PA.  I think the attitude should be just the opposite.  If you think you can't beat them you probably won't.  If you think you can, you have a chance.

the voice

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 02:55:10 pm
PA can be defeated.  Parkview came very close. 

I think part of the problem is that 5A teams are convinced they can't beat PA.  I think the attitude should be just the opposite.  If you think you can't beat them you probably won't.  If you think you can, you have a chance.

I agree ☝🏻
Well said

PA Bruin Fan

JessieP

Of course PA can be defeated. In fact there are teams, probably hundreds of them, that could not only beat them but would have the sportsmanship clock in effect late in the 2nd quarter. They would toy with them. The problem is none of those teams plays in the Arkansas 5A division. In fact there are only 3 or 4 teams in the entire State that can beat them. So for our discussion here, suffice to say no one can beat them.Only PA playing a bad game can make the game close.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 11, 2017, 03:59:51 pm
Of course PA can be defeated. In fact there are teams, probably hundreds of them, that could not only beat them but would have the sportsmanship clock in effect late in the 2nd quarter. They would toy with them. The problem is none of those teams plays in the Arkansas 5A division. In fact there are only 3 or 4 teams in the entire State that can beat them. So for our discussion here, suffice to say no one can beat them.Only PA playing a bad game can make the game close.

I think you're wrong on both points.  There are certainly many teams that can beat PA, (but no where close to hundreds) but very few, if any, would mercy rule them in the second quarter.  And I say a 5A team can beat PA.  As I noted above, Parkview came very close.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 04:10:28 pm
I think you're wrong on both points.  There are certainly many teams that can beat PA, (but no where close to hundreds) but very few, if any, would mercy rule them in the second quarter.  And I say a 5A team can beat PA.  As I noted above, Parkview came very close.

^^ truth

VVBlazer

Quote from: Overdahill on November 11, 2017, 12:23:05 pm
Having watched LRCA and VV vs PA this year it is hard to comprehend how Wynne had just a 3 point game with VV after the way they shellacked LRCA. I understand different team match up differently but that seems strange as I would have LRCA as a heavy favorite over VV (just my opinion)

VV lined up and played smashmouth football with Wynne. They didn't do anything differently to prepare for Wynne. The VV offense ran their option with great execution. The VV defense keyed on Wynnes RB workhorse. VV matched up well with Wynne. Last night: I saw a completely different team in VV. I think VV defense tried to do too much to give PA different looks and was totally unprepared for that kind of onslaught. This season, I have not seen VV use a 3 man front and blitz like they were trying to do against PA. The offense did not appear to be running a read option the entire first half.  Most of the plays looked like designed handoffs. There were also many hitch type passes in an attempt to spread the field. These things are just not VV strengths and haven't been all year. I think VV psyched themselves out before the game ever started and that was the main difference.

Overdahill

Thanks for responding. They had to have a solid group to hang with Wynne so I was really wondering

Intelligentsia

The Pioneer victory over Wynne was, IMO, the best Batesville played all year.  Most of the time it looked like the Pioneer defense knew exactly where the ball was going.  Batesville used the passing game more effectively than they did before or after that game.  Just one of those nights, similar to the night of Wynne's big win last year.

chaingang

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 11, 2017, 05:02:07 pm
The Pioneer victory over Wynne was, IMO, the best Batesville played all year.  Most of the time it looked like the Pioneer defense knew exactly where the ball was going.  Batesville used the passing game more effectively than they did before or after that game.  Just one of those nights, similar to the night of Wynne's big win last year.
Why don't you grab a few guys and come down from the mountain top and help yell for some 5A East Brothers from a different mother......we need your support.......and by the way LRCA was packed last night with schools from all over wanting to still watch some football.....it was a great crowd.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: chaingang on November 11, 2017, 06:35:40 pm
Why don't you grab a few guys and come down from the mountain top and help yell for some 5A East Brothers from a different mother......we need your support.......and by the way LRCA was packed last night with schools from all over wanting to still watch some football.....it was a great crowd.
You know, I might just do that.  A good excuse, as well, to stop in at Tamales in Augusta - that place is awesome!!  You can bet I'll be pulling for the Yellow jackets.  We may fight it out when we meet, but the East family needs to stick together when another conference comes to our corner of the state!!

chaingang

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 11, 2017, 09:09:57 pm
You know, I might just do that.  A good excuse, as well, to stop in at Tamales in Augusta - that place is awesome!!  You can bet I'll be pulling for the Yellow jackets.  We may fight it out when we meet, but the East family needs to stick together when another conference comes to our corner of the state!!
Hey ... if Wynne is out of the playoffs I'm usually going somewhere , in fact the last trip I made was to watch you guys play Greenbrier and beat them in the playoffs and I also remember we had to park almost to Josies and the School ran busses to pick us up......which we all thought was a great ideal...

PA Dad

I would agree with that. Wynne is a great team, easily the real #2 in the State. The LRCA hype was put to rest last night, in a BIG way. Take away the Batesville game and Wynne is undefeated. Now before you say "Well many teams would love to take away one game" let me explain. Now sit down Wynne fans and take a deep breath, Wynne only lost to Batesville because Wynne almost always loses to Batesville. For whatever reason Batesville has Wynne's number. In years when Wynne is clearly better, Batesville wins. So many people wrote Wynne off after that game, big mistake. Wynne is every bit as good as they were last year, probably better. The only thing standing in Wynne's way is the fact that PA is much better then last year.

So I guess that means that Wynne will beat Morrilton easily?

Idindonuffin

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 10:22:20 pm
So I guess that means that Wynne will beat Morrilton easily?

Sounds like bait to me.

chaingang

Quote from: RazorDad on November 08, 2017, 05:58:22 pm
LRCA will lose to Wynne because everyone knows that Wynne has the best defense in the state, which they used to shut down the high-powered spread offense of Nettleton, and the offenses of Paragould and GCT.
. Now you can add LRCA's offense

FootballJunky

LRCA Offense wasn't Hype.  The defense on the other hand is a different story.  They absolutely made no adjustments on defense.  The were able to score against what some call the best defense in the state.  You should win games where you score 42 points.  If Wynne gets to the final against PA and get's pressure on the QB they will fair very well. 

FootballJunky

November 12, 2017, 10:56:34 am #217 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:03:26 am by FootballJunky
Quote from: chaingang on November 12, 2017, 09:10:52 am
. Now you can add LRCA's offense
LRCA scored 42 offense wasn't an issue.  They gave up 56.  That is terrible.  No adjustments.

MDXPHD

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 12, 2017, 10:56:34 am
LRCA scored 42 offense wasn't an issue.  They gave up 56.  That is terrible.  No adjustments.

Give me a break. 2 of those tds were in garbage time. The absolute only reason y'all scored 42 was because Wynne scored too quick on offense and it gave you too many possessions at the end of the game.

FootballJunky

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2017, 12:35:59 pm
Give me a break. 2 of those tds were in garbage time. The absolute only reason y'all scored 42 was because Wynne scored too quick on offense and it gave you too many possessions at the end of the game.

Lol.  That is funny.  Either they scored on the defense or they didn't.  Wynne went out there and won the came with their offensive game plan.  They scored on every possession.  I will meet you half way.  They scored 35.  But what does it matter how fast they scored.  A defense is out there to stop.  Even if I give you the last 2 they still scored 28 on what a lot considers the best defense in 5A.  If i was a head coach and my defense gave up 28 in a game, i wouldn't be happy about it.  I would be less happy about giving up 56 against a team that didn't attempt a pass the entire game and scored on every possession.  All year long LRCA's defense has been the Achilles heal.  My point and only point is Wynne won the football game but I wouldn't  say they stopped the offense that scored 42, 35 or even 28.  They won the football game.  I'm sure they are not happy giving up that many whether its 42 or 28.  They can expect to score 56 every game to win the championship.  Nettleton Scored 0 against the same defense.  The only point I have been making the entire time is, not all spread offenses are the same.  Once again "OFFENSE".  I have never said anything about LRCA's defense for a reason.  They didn't stop the offense they outscored them.  I'm not defending LRCA,  I'm basically saying an offense scoring 28, 35 or 42 against you is not stopping them.

chaingang

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 12, 2017, 10:56:34 am
You May think they are #2 in the State and they may be....but I  didn't feel that way in the middle of the Season , but since the Valley View game the Jackets have been peaking and playing lights out .

walkingguy72396

November 12, 2017, 01:52:37 pm #221 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:23:55 pm by walkingguy72396
I think the Wynne Defense played well.  They got the stops so they could get out in front by 28 points.

LRCA I think has the best offense that Wynne has faced so far.

Batesville scored 39.  But they got 1 pick six and a fumble recovery in the end zone so two defensive scores.

MDXPHD

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 12, 2017, 01:13:42 pm
Lol.  That is funny.  Either they scored on the defense or they didn't.  Wynne went out there and won the came with their offensive game plan.  They scored on every possession.  I will meet you half way.  They scored 35.  But what does it matter how fast they scored.  A defense is out there to stop.  Even if I give you the last 2 they still scored 28 on what a lot considers the best defense in 5A.  If i was a head coach and my defense gave up 28 in a game, i wouldn't be happy about it.  I would be less happy about giving up 56 against a team that didn't attempt a pass the entire game and scored on every possession.  All year long LRCA's defense has been the Achilles heal.  My point and only point is Wynne won the football game but I wouldn't  say they stopped the offense that scored 42, 35 or even 28.  They won the football game.  I'm sure they are not happy giving up that many whether its 42 or 28.  They can expect to score 56 every game to win the championship.  Nettleton Scored 0 against the same defense.  The only point I have been making the entire time is, not all spread offenses are the same.  Once again "OFFENSE".  I have never said anything about LRCA's defense for a reason.  They didn't stop the offense they outscored them.  I'm not defending LRCA,  I'm basically saying an offense scoring 28, 35 or 42 against you is not stopping them.

Sometimes the worst defense is a great offense. Sounds like y'all need to stop pointing fingers and get on the same page.

FootballJunky

Quote from: chaingang on November 12, 2017, 01:40:20 pm
You May think they are #2 in the State and they may be....but I  didn't feel that way in the middle of the Season , but since the Valley View game the Jackets have been peaking and playing lights out .

I'm not saying that either.  When it comes to rankings you have to consider the complete team.  I think they have the players to play better defense, put the players don't set the game plan.

FootballJunky

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2017, 02:20:06 pm
Sometimes the worst defense is a great offense. Sounds like y'all need to stop pointing fingers and get on the same page.

Pointing fingers?  We are talking about If you consider Wynne giving up 28, 35 or 42 stopping an offense.   

MDXPHD

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 12, 2017, 02:36:51 pm
Pointing fingers?  We are talking about If you consider Wynne giving up 28, 35 or 42 stopping an offense.   

You're whining about how it's the defenses fault. Has been all season. We get it. Seasons over though, maybe work on defense this off season and give it a go next year?

FootballJunky

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2017, 02:45:33 pm
You're whining about how it's the defenses fault. Has been all season. We get it. Seasons over though, maybe work on defense this off season and give it a go next year?

Wow.. I didn't know stating facts would be considered whining....lol  thats funny.

Idindonuffin

Maybe their offense was better than yours. You can look at it two ways.

incogneto

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 12, 2017, 06:43:33 pm
Wow.. I didn't know stating facts would be considered whining....lol  thats funny.

Why do you even bother talking to that guy?

Rick Swines

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas