• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State at Toledo

Started by Redwolves8526, September 21, 2015, 07:54:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolves8526

Big game coming up this week. Arkansas State bounced back Saturday against Missouri State 70-7. I think this will be a great game. Our D-Line has looked phenomenal so far, but we'll have a big test this week. If we can limit their run game, i think we have a chance. Hopefully we'll get some revenge from last year. Thoughts?

pioneers

WPWells

OB11

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 21, 2015, 07:54:44 am
Big game coming up this week. Arkansas State bounced back Saturday against Missouri State 70-7. I think this will be a great game. Our D-Line has looked phenomenal so far, but we'll have a big test this week. If we can limit their run game, i think we have a chance. Hopefully we'll get some revenge from last year. Thoughts?

I'm honestly worried about Toledo's passing game in this one. 

Maynard G Krebs

I want ASU to win this one but don't want to hear the cross state score comparisons if they do.

OB11

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 22, 2015, 01:54:09 pm
I want ASU to win this one but don't want to hear the cross state score comparisons if they do.

+1

There was a nice article in the Jonesboro Sun today interviewing Anderson.  He said he knows fans will compare the scores, especially if ASU wins but says it hasn't even crossed his mind.  He just wants to beat Toledo.  He is also quoted as saying he would love to play Arkansas but doubts it will ever happen. 

True Believer

Oh don't worry.  IF we win.  WE will compare....lol.

OB11

Quote from: True Believer on September 23, 2015, 12:28:33 pm
Oh don't worry.  IF we win.  WE will compare....lol.

I definitely believe it. haha.  I am a Red Wolf through and through.  I just hate all the animosity between fan bases. 

True Believer

I guess that's normal but the thing I hate is that hogs think they are superior to anyone else in the state.  Most hog fans I know don't even have a degree from there.  That's just the way they were raised and can't get over it. 

I'm proud of being a Red Wolf alum.  I know my little piece of paper is just as good as anyone elses.

So let's go RED WOLVES!!!   HOWL YES!!

OB11

Quote from: True Believer on September 23, 2015, 01:05:07 pm
I guess that's normal but the thing I hate is that hogs think they are superior to anyone else in the state.  Most hog fans I know don't even have a degree from there.  That's just the way they were raised and can't get over it. 

I'm proud of being a Red Wolf alum.  I know my little piece of paper is just as good as anyone elses.

Can't argue with that.  Every cent I spent on getting a degree went to ASU.  I have no ties to the Hogs whatsoever.  Proud to be a Red Wolf alum as well. 

Jacketman65

I'm an Indian alum! I dearly hope that we beat Toledo just so we can rub a little salt so to speak.  Pre season there was a lot of talk off of the hill, but now the ole pigs have been very humble so to speak.  I think that they got to reading too many articles in the paper and thinking that they were going to be good.  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy watching them play, but I also love to watch them lose!  It would just be nice if the powers that be as well as their fans would just show a little more respect toward the other corner of the state so to speak.  Right now ASU kicks their teeth in and they don't want to admit it!  Bring on the pigs! :)

Proud Buckaroo

What's that even supposed to mean?

True Believer

pioneers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 24, 2015, 02:09:00 am

What's that even supposed to mean?
If you graduated from Arkansas state and say that you hate the red wolves and love the hogs then why did you go to Arkansas state? The like saying you graduated from one high school but hate them and like another high school.

HorseFeathers

Most hog fans wouldn't be accepted into Pulaski tech 8)

Valleysports

September 25, 2015, 03:49:22 pm #15 Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:53:43 pm by Valleysports
There are some Razorback Fans, who could care less if A-State beats Topeka, praying to God A-state don't beat Topeka.   :D

True Believer

Praise to God if they do!

Let's go RED WOLVES!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: True Believer on September 24, 2015, 07:09:37 pm
Obviously a hog fan.  ^^^^^

Yes I am a hog fan. I have no college degree anywhere. I was just wondering what you meant by that. I have no negative things to say about ARKANSAS state either. I'm a razorback fan through and through. Regardless of the record. I'm no bandwagon fan at all

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 26, 2015, 12:05:59 am

Yes I am a hog fan. I have no college degree anywhere. I was just wondering what you meant by that. I have no negative things to say about ARKANSAS state either. I'm a razorback fan through and through. Regardless of the record. I'm  no bandwagon fan at all

....yet he's a Seahawks fan!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on September 26, 2015, 12:22:32 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 26, 2015, 12:05:59 am

Yes I am a hog fan. I have no college degree anywhere. I was just wondering what you meant by that. I have no negative things to say about ARKANSAS state either. I'm a razorback fan through and through. Regardless of the record. I'm  no bandwagon fan at all

....yet he's a Seahawks fan!

I think we settled that question last year when you asked me to name a player on their team prior to the super bowl. I named someone you had no idea was on the team.

True Believer

Y'all better give God a prayer of thanks.  Red Wolves lost 37-7.   I was ready.  :) 

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on September 26, 2015, 10:23:26 pm
Y'all better give God a prayer of thanks.  Red Wolves lost 37-7.   I was ready.  :)

Both teams are 1-3, I think prayers are need everywhere, haha.

WPWells

16-12 (nice close game) vs. 37-7 (mud-stomping)

ricepig

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 26, 2015, 10:32:20 pm
16-12 (nice close game) vs. 37-7 (mud-stomping)

Home P5 vs on the road. Dude, we have no reason to beat our chest, let it slide.

WPWells

I know we don't. I'm just reminding this person that they have no reason to beat theirs either.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 26, 2015, 10:42:46 pm
I know we don't. I'm just reminding this person that they have no reason to beat theirs either.

A loss is a loss...Arkansas should know that by now. ..they've had enough of them the past 4 years

Proud Buckaroo

ARKANSAS state losing to Toledo is no surprise. We seen it happening. they did as well. No need to bring them down about it. Because we lost to the same team.

birdman16

Very similar to the GoDaddy bowl last year. Gave them some easy points with turnovers.  The offense was non-existent. They couldn't even score when the defense picked the ball off and returned it the the Toledo 2 yard line.  I would like to think if Knighten, who was questionable, would've been able to play we would've stood a better chance (the offense would've probably at least scored), but at this point I'm not sure.  I'm fairly certain the QB controversy will calm down now after the outing the backup had.  Red Wolves were just really flat Saturday night. 

But with that said Toledo may be the best G5 team this year, they may be playing on new years day if they can take care of business in MAC play.

Lions84

Tough Loss I was hoping ASU would beat them.

RTF

I am an Arkansas Alum and I was cheering for ASU the whole way...

True Believer

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas