• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non-Conference games

Started by Nacho, January 24, 2018, 08:46:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

Arkadelphia has changed theirs up this coming season. Wynne, Benton & Sylvan Hills. I'm excited to see how it goes.

Untimeddown

Wow, feeling pretty good about Badgers huh?  Are the Badgers moving up in classification?  Pretty tough looking schedule for the defending 4A champs

Nacho

No they're staying in the 4A-7. I think Mena is moving out and Haskell Harmony Grove is coming in. I could be wrong.

Untimeddown

I like it. Set the bar high.  Expectations.  All that stuff.  Get you some.  Wow, was PA not willing to come to delphia. I figure they would like a game at Cliff Harris or Carpenter Haygood to accommodate their fan base.   

hogfan10

Quote from: Untimeddown on January 24, 2018, 09:40:15 am
Wow, feeling pretty good about Badgers huh?  Are the Badgers moving up in classification?  Pretty tough looking schedule for the defending 4A champs

We have regularly played Benton in the past, going back to the 80's if not further back. It used to be an every year game, we last played Benton about 4 yrs ago (give or take a year). We scrimmaged Sylvan Hills last year (Badgers won, but it was a scrimmage), don't recall ever playing Wynne (unless it was a playoff game). These three will definitely be a test, might be lucky to come out 1-2. Athletically I think we'll be fine, but not sure how our OL will hold up (s/b at a significant size disadvantage).

Untimeddown

Don't get defensive, I'm drinking the blue coolaid and eatin with Nacho.  Badgers overwhelmed Sylvan, Benton, will be very good, very big and fast , Wynne will wynne, tough is all I'm saying.  Shirley you can see the difference.

hogfan10

Quote from: Untimeddown on January 26, 2018, 10:10:10 am
Don't get defensive, I'm drinking the blue coolaid and eatin with Nacho.  Badgers overwhelmed Sylvan, Benton, will be very good, very big and fast , Wynne will wynne, tough is all I'm saying.  Shirley you can see the difference.

Nothing defensive about my post, if you were referring to me. Just giving a background on the teams. Looks like we agree badgers could go 1-2, 2-1 would be a pleasant surprise.

OrangeCrush.

Nashville

Watson Chapel @ WMS
@ Hope
De Queen

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Untimeddown on January 26, 2018, 10:10:10 am
lol WTH??  Someone gets their feelings hurt easily. If his post somehow made tears well up in your eyes, this forum is not going to be a safe place for you I can promise.

Big Fan

Monticello

Watson Chapel
Magnolia
@Fordyce

whippersnapper

Lincoln non conf
Westville
@ Keys
@Subiaco

Mr. Mercer

Robinson

Home vs Rogers
Home vs Shiloh
@ Camden Fairview

bulldoghistorian

Star City
@ Stuttgart
Lake Village
@ Hampton

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Warren brethren......any idea what our non-conference is going to look like this season?

Here's to hoping we continue to schedule quality.  I'd also like to see some different names on the schedule too.  In Bo we trust!

-Kyle

STUNNA

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on February 05, 2018, 08:37:27 am
Warren brethren......any idea what our non-conference is going to look like this season?

Here's to hoping we continue to schedule quality.  I'd also like to see some different names on the schedule too.  In Bo we trust!

-Kyle
Stuttgart will no longer be on the schedule and i don't think chapel will be either.

nomorewhining

Watson Chapel is playing Monticello and Nashville the same week?

Tough schedule

cuckoobird

Monticello tough? Not lately but who knows

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 05, 2018, 12:42:43 pm
Monticello tough? Not lately but who knows

Nashville hasn't even been tough lately either....

OrangeCrush.

Nashville's game with Watson Chapel is week 0. I would assume the other is week 1.

Big Fan

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on February 05, 2018, 04:56:37 pm
Nashville’s game with Watson Chapel is week 0. I would assume the other is week 1.
Correct

Sports Guru

Crossett may be

Vs Magnolia
At White Hall
At McGehee

If the contract with McGehee and White Hall are still up to date

SouthpawSensation

Something to add here ...
How many schools are taking advantage of being able to play games during Zero Week, now that it can be done?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: beach bum on February 05, 2018, 01:20:59 pm
Nashville hasn't even been tough lately either....
+1. Been awhile since I read anything on here but I love reading the truth in the first few post.

Hogman2018

Texarkana will play Shiloh Christian Zero week at Shiloh this coming year!

STUNNA

What is this zero week stuff?

Hogman2018

You have four weeks to play ur three non conference games before ur conference starts

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Hogman2018 on February 07, 2018, 03:18:44 pm
You have four weeks to play ur three non conference games before ur conference starts
Just like Booneville and Pea Ridge did last year wasn't it?

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on February 08, 2018, 10:23:22 pm
Just like Booneville and Pea Ridge did last year wasn't it?
Not quite. Here's how it works.
Let's look at the 2018 schedule. Under the usual format, the nonconference games would be scheduled for Aug. 31, Sept. 7 and Sept. 14, then conference play begins Sept. 21.
However, teams can now schedule a game on the previous week (Aug. 24) in exchange of an open date for one of those other weeks. Most of the 7A-West Conference teams are playing on that Aug. 24 date.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on February 08, 2018, 11:08:37 pm
Not quite. Here's how it works.
Let's look at the 2018 schedule. Under the usual format, the nonconference games would be scheduled for Aug. 31, Sept. 7 and Sept. 14, then conference play begins Sept. 21.
However, teams can now schedule a game on the previous week (Aug. 24) in exchange of an open date for one of those other weeks. Most of the 7A-West Conference teams are playing on that Aug. 24 date.
Gotcha!

Mancho Hogo

Arkadelphia's schedule is brutal.  But they will be better for it.  They may win all 3 games with what they have coming back. 

Hogman2018

Quote from: Mancho Hogo on February 09, 2018, 08:44:35 am
Arkadelphia's schedule is brutal.  But they will be better for it.  They may win all 3 games with what they have coming back.
6     I dont think yall beat Benton that will be tough!!

Mr. Mercer

Due to Shiloh backing out of the agreement. Robinson will now play

Zero Week: @Springdale
Week One: Home vs Rogers
Week Two: Bye
Week Three: @Camden Fairview

bigchief72455

Pocahontas non conf
Nettleton
@Paragould
@ Batesville SS

Hogman2018

Quote from: Hogman2018 on February 07, 2018, 12:45:31 pm
Texarkana will play Shiloh Christian Zero week at Shiloh this coming year!
Who is Shiloh Christian scrimmaging this year??

mharris31696

Arkadelphia will have their bye week Sept. 14.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

This feels like the longest wait of the spring as Warren, to my knowledge, still hasn't released their non-conference schedule. 

I would assume they are waiting to a game to be finalized with Hooten's as they've opened the season in a Hooten's match-up almost every season since 2002.  I just hope we see another tough, competitive schedule for Warren.  That's one thing that the Lumberjacks, under Bo, have never backed down from playing a very tough non-conference slate. 

I know we can safely assume Stuttgart and Watson Chapel are not on that schedule.  I wouldn't mind seeing us continue to play up by taking on an El Dorado, Pine Bluff, etc Another wish of mine has always been to see Warren dip below the state line and play a North Louisiana team: Ruston, Neville, Sterlington, Ouachita Christian, Ouachita High School, Bastrop, heck, even West Monroe--any of those would at least be a fun match-up for the fans.  Obviously against teams like West Monroe, Ruston and Neville depth becomes an issue for the Jacks who routinely dress out less than 40 players while those schools dress out 80+. 

Lots of fun to dream.  Can't wait to see the final version though!

-Kyle

Mr. Mercer

Warren didn't play in hootens past two years. Was 103.7 the buzz kickoff deal. Believe I heard they were playing in it again but don't recall the opponent

Ghs21

Gosnell

@nettleton
Kennet
Osceola

Mulerider4Life

Anyone know Harmony Grove's Non-Conference Schedule?

SUGARTOWN

April 02, 2018, 03:59:58 pm #39 Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 02:25:32 pm by SUGARTOWN
Maxpreps has Stuttgart @DeWitt, home vs. Star city, and home vs. Warren with an off week before conference play starts.

I really don't think that's correct, but I haven't seen anything official yet.

EDIT: This may be correct.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Hogman2018 on February 13, 2018, 05:28:12 pm
Who is Shiloh Christian scrimmaging this year??
Springdale on August 14 @ SHS

Razorhummer

Southside Batesville Southerners
Warren (Hooten's Kickoff Classic) most likely in LR
@ Cave City
Pocahontas

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Razorhummer on April 24, 2018, 11:54:03 pm
Southside Batesville Southerners
Warren (Hooten's Kickoff Classic) most likely in LR
@ Cave City
Pocahontas

Cave City will be a tune up game.

BM22

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 14, 2018, 06:10:17 am
Anyone know Harmony Grove's Non-Conference Schedule?
I have not seen their 2018 schedule, but I would imagine they will play GR, Jesseville and Magnet Cove in non conference, then possibly drop Magnet Cove for a middle/lower tier 4A team in the next couple of years.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: BM22 on April 25, 2018, 08:03:29 am
I have not seen their 2018 schedule, but I would imagine they will play GR, Jesseville and Magnet Cove in non conference, then possibly drop Magnet Cove for a middle/lower tier 4A team in the next couple of years.

Nope, I found it.

It's Centerpoint, Gurdon, and Bald Knob

Centerpoint will be a good solid team to gauge the season every year.
Gurdon always has speed, and will test us on how we can stop the run.
Bald Knob is just a solid overall team. Usually has a good QB.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 25, 2018, 07:37:35 am
Cave City will be a tune up game.
It will be a good game to test your depth chart out. Give some younger players some in game experience.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: bigchief72455 on April 25, 2018, 09:35:52 am
It will be a good game to test your depth chart out. Give some younger players some in game experience.

Yep, exactly.

ISU7

April 29, 2018, 03:59:06 am #47 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:06:17 am by ISU7
Quote from: Ghs21 on March 07, 2018, 10:27:49 pm
Gosnell

@nettleton
Kennet
Osceola
Crest is at Osc in week 3
Oh ok i checked it yall play them Sept 7th which will be game 3 for yall. We play them Sept 14th which will be game 3 for us. 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas