• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Players In Arkansas: NEW RANKINGS

Started by arkhoops94, March 13, 2016, 11:37:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkhoops94

I did these rankings around the same time last year and I'm doing them once again this year.. Please mention players that you think should be on the list.

Class of 2017:
1. Daniel Gafford - El Dorado HS
2. Khalil Garland - Parkview HS
3. Tevin Brewer - FS Northside HS
4. Darius Hall - Mills HS
5. Javon Franklin - Parkview HS
6. Tremont Robinson - Maumelle HS
7. SK Shittu - Providence Academy
8. Exavian Christon - Hot Springs HS
9. Kris Bankston - J.A Fair HS
10. Cameron Johnson - LR Central HS
11. Casey Benton - SCA
12. B.J Thompson - England HS
13. Czar Perry - El Dorado HS
14. Jeremiah Toney - Mills HS
15. Avery Benson - Harber HS
16. Romen Martin - Bryant HS
17. Brandon Fenner - Charleston HS
18. Matt Stanley - Cabot HS
19. Ethan Bowman - Ozark HS
20. Matt Thomas - Farmington HS

Class of 2018:
1. Connor Vanover - Baptist Prep
2. Ethan Henderson - LR Parkview
3. Desi Sills - Jonesboro
4. JT Smith - Riverview
5. Kobe Wilson - Jonesboro
6. Kalin Bennett - LRCA
7. Caleb Stokes - LR Parkview
8. Isaiah Joe - FS Northside
9. Caddarius Baggett - Pine Bluff
10. Donald Richardson - LR Central

Class of 2019:
1. Justice Hill - LRCA
2. Isaac McBride - Baptist Prep
3. Tylor Perry - Harber HS
4. Airion Simmons - Parkview HS
5. Jay Campbell - Nettleton HS

Eagle20

Justice Hill is #1 in 2019?  Saw McBride absolutely destroy him in a head to head matchup last year.  McBride had 35 with Hill on him.  He is #1 in name only.  Arkansas offered the second best point guard on Hwy 10 and you wonder why they can't get over the hump.  No Monk, no Reaves,no Jones. 

Rocket23

A lot better shooter than Hill, but I don't know about point guard skills, i.e. ball handling, leadership, etc...  Haven't seen enough of him without the McGonigal twins.

MA

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Not sure there are 11 players better than b.j. thompson, especially if he just concentrated on basketball.

arkhoops94

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 13, 2016, 05:01:35 pm
Not sure there are 11 players better than b.j. thompson, especially if he just concentrated on basketball.
I'm starting to think Football is B.J's best sport now... I think he holds 5 offers for football?!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: arkhoops94 on March 13, 2016, 06:31:34 pm
I'm starting to think Football is B.J's best sport now... I think he holds 5 offers for football?!

Yea I know he has more football offers, but he looks like a basketball player playing football.  Especially if he grows a couple more inches.

CordLeeBerry55

Quote from: MA on March 13, 2016, 03:41:40 pm
Tevin brewer is so high it's crazy
Tevin Brewer had 43 points in the state playoffs against Van Buren only if he had some bigs to help him out in the inside stop the hate please

BigMan15

Personally I think Brewer is about right. Throughout the season hes gotten better and better! The kid can play!!

BigMan15

Can anyone tell me any info on Cameron Johnson or Romen Martin

Grizzlyfan

Certainly Brewer's height will affect his college recruiting standing.  But what he does in a high school game is a joy to watch.  Guys 6 inches taller can't keep up with him.

BigMan15

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 14, 2016, 10:45:29 am
Certainly Brewer's height will affect his college recruiting standing.  But what he does in a high school game is a joy to watch.  Guys 6 inches taller can't keep up with him.
Without a doubt

Elvis Hoggoblin

Harrison's Trevor Atwell should definitely be on that 2017 list. 
6'5" and can play 2,3,4,5.

MA

Darius Hall, Javon Franklin, Tremont Robinson, SK Shittu, Exavian Christon, Casey Benton, Czar Perry, Jeremiah Toney

All better prospects and affect a HS game more so than Brewer.

I think Brewer is an unbelievable player especially for his size. But this is one of the best classes in Arkansas history. He isn't #3... By any stretch of the imagination

Ctucker

How does Hot Springs get 5 on team and Maumalle and Forest City only get 2. Have nothing to do with any of these teams just seems strange!

ricepig

Quote from: Ctucker on March 15, 2016, 09:11:12 am
How does Hot Springs get 5 on team and Maumalle and Forest City only get 2. Have nothing to do with any of these teams just seems strange!

Looks like 8 guys per conference, each conference does it different. It's usually based on where you placed in your conference standings, or they voted on who was nominated.

RedWolves

Quote from: Ctucker on March 15, 2016, 09:11:12 am
FC and Maumelle getting 2 is correct. Don't know how HS got 5.

BigMan15

Eagle20

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on March 14, 2016, 10:59:10 am
You have to be able to guard the position you want to play.  Saw him at Wings tryout on Sunday and it did not look like he could guard well on the perimeter.  To be fair that is the only time I have seen him.  Moved more like a 4 man.

Eagle20

Quote from: Rocket23 on March 13, 2016, 02:01:58 pm
A lot better shooter than Hill, but I don't know about point guard skills, i.e. ball handling, leadership, etc...  Haven't seen enough of him without the McGonigal twins.
He is a great ball handler, passer, leader, and defensive player.  He will end up being the best guard in that class if he is not already!

Moonshiner

Quote from: Eagle20 on March 15, 2016, 09:22:18 pm
You have to be able to guard the position you want to play.  Saw him at Wings tryout on Sunday and it did not look like he could guard well on the perimeter.  To be fair that is the only time I have seen him.  Moved more like a 4 man.

He won't guard the perimeter well.  He completely shut down the big kid at El Dorado though and was outsized by 4 or 5 inches.

ARmaxpreps

It's funny how no one shows recognition for James Yancy class of 2018 that dropped 57 against the top 10th graders in the nation. But everything is based upon the authors opinion not actual statistics because if it was based on statistics Yancy would most definitely be in the top 3 but obviously it's not

MA

Statistics? You think it should be based on statistics?

Silky Johnson

To be fair the kid at El dorado is just tall, bad attitude and no post moves in the 3 games I saw. He can get rebounds but that should be a given. Even against EPC he only scored when the ball came off the rim to him and he was 6-7 inches taller than everyone. Not a perimeter player at all and he didn't have a jumper when I saw him so I don't think he would do much damage from the high post, if any.

ARmaxpreps

Quote from: MA on March 24, 2016, 09:15:07 am
Statistics? You think it should be based on statistics?
that's how all ranks are based upon not neccesarily school stats but combine stats exposure camp stats aau stats if you can't average more than 15 in an aau season you shouldn't even be ranked Yancy averages 23.2 ppg 6.4 APG 5.1 RBPG 2.2 stlspg

mijally

Enjoyed watching Malik Monk on the McDonalds game. Wish he was a Hog but I understand. I'm gonna root like heck for him because at the end of the day, he's one of us. An Arkansan.

Moonshiner

Quote from: ARmaxpreps on March 29, 2016, 01:31:50 pm
that's how all ranks are based upon not neccesarily school stats but combine stats exposure camp stats aau stats if you can't average more than 15 in an aau season you shouldn't even be ranked Yancy averages 23.2 ppg 6.4 APG 5.1 RBPG 2.2 stlspg

I'm gonna disagree with you.  Let's say there's a 6'3" playmaker guard averaging 10 pts a game and maybe 8 assists per game who is a lockdown defender.  Has all the intangible things that there aren't statistics for.  Academically sound and a great leader.  He's just a winner and does what winners do.  Does he not deserve to be ranked?  I think too many times people fall in love with the scoring average and highlight plays.  I'll be honest, if I were a college coach, I'd take an Austin Reaves over a Malik Monk any day.  He passes it more and is a proven winner.  But that's just my opinion.

ARmaxpreps

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 01, 2016, 08:27:09 am
I'm gonna disagree with you.  Let's say there's a 6'3" playmaker guard averaging 10 pts a game and maybe 8 assists per game who is a lockdown defender.  Has all the intangible things that there aren't statistics for.  Academically sound and a great leader.  He's just a winner and does what winners do.  Does he not deserve to be ranked?  I think too many times people fall in love with the scoring average and highlight plays.  I'll be honest, if I were a college coach, I'd take an Austin Reaves over a Malik Monk any day.  He passes it more and is a proven winner.  But that's just my opinion.
This is also True but If this player is 6'3 in an uncompetitive conference would you still rank him even with the same stats? James Yancy is 5'11 and can easily score he can move the ball around accurately and has excellent court vision. He has a 3.8 GPA and a 24 ACT. Also He scored 50+ points against the top 2018 players in the NATION not just Arkansas But the nation!?! He obviously deserves a top 10 spot in AR. James is a phenomenal player an he will be playing in the Real Deal at Hall Highschool
April 1st @7:30pm BE THERE

ricepig

Quote from: ARmaxpreps on April 01, 2016, 06:40:03 pm
This is also True but If this player is 6'3 in an uncompetitive conference would you still rank him even with the same stats? James Yancy is 5'11 and can easily score he can move the ball around accurately and has excellent court vision. He has a 3.8 GPA and a 24 ACT. Also He scored 50+ points against the top 2018 players in the NATION not just Arkansas But the nation!?! He obviously deserves a top 10 spot in AR. James is a phenomenal player an he will be playing in the Real Deal at Hall Highschool
April 1st @7:30pm BE THERE

These rankings are subjective and mean absolutely nothing, put out a list with him #1 on it, you'll sleep better.

ARmaxpreps

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2016, 07:09:09 pm
These rankings are subjective and mean absolutely nothing, put out a list with him #1 on it, you'll sleep better.
its the simple fact that no one recognizes talent if it's looking dead at them

ricepig

Quote from: ARmaxpreps on April 01, 2016, 08:22:41 pm
its the simple fact that no one recognizes talent if it's looking dead at them

And it means nothing, do you think college coaches are logging on to FF searching for talent, surely you're smarter than that.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2016, 09:22:46 pm
And it means nothing, do you think college coaches are logging on to FF searching for talent, surely you're smarter than that.

+1... Although they better be taking my opinions seriously   8)

Eagle20

Quote from: ARmaxpreps on March 29, 2016, 01:31:50 pm
AAU stats are pretty meaningless.  Taking note of certain games against good competition says much more.  Another problem with AAU is there is not much team defense being played and it is easier to get driving buckets with no help side.  I did see Avery Benson take two charges for the Wings EYBL team at Real Deal last night in a tough game.  Cooper makes them play team defense and play hard.  That is usually not the case though.

ARmaxpreps

He plays in a competitive league with M.W.A. Elite in the Under amour associate circuit

JimRat

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on March 14, 2016, 10:59:10 am

Every year a Harrison homer has a "player" that is all everything...and every year you really hear nothing about them other than from Harrison fans....been happening for the last 9 or 10 years! Must be something in the water over there!!!

Silky Johnson

ARmaxpreps are you sore from riding that Yancy guy all day or is the pay enough for you to make it through it and keep posting the same repetitive crap. He's a good at basketball okay, let's see if he can get noticed on the court. You posting the same stats on here everyday will not spark any sudden interest from any college coach who's well respected.

Eagle20

Quote from: ARmaxpreps on April 03, 2016, 08:09:10 am
He plays in a competitive league with M.W.A. Elite in the Under amour associate circuit
If he is good enough he will get noticed.  I am sure he is talented there are usually just guys with the same amount of talent that are taller and the shorter guys end up playing D-2 or lower.  You still have to be really good to play anywhere though.  You have to be really elite to play D-1 at 5'11" or shorter. 

BigMan15

IMO unless ur playing EYBL its really hard to get noticed. AAU sometimes but it depends when and where if the coaches you want are there. Mostly D3 and JR college coaches are there. GoodLuck to him sounds like he will be fine though good ACT score and can ball sometimes thats half the battle.

ARmaxpreps

Quote from: Silky Johnson on April 03, 2016, 03:51:47 pm
ARmaxpreps are you sore from riding that Yancy guy all day or is the pay enough for you to make it through it and keep posting the same repetitive crap. He's a good at basketball okay, let's see if he can get noticed on the court. You posting the same stats on here everyday will not spark any sudden interest from any college coach who's well respected.
you want stats what's your email I got all his stats from the real deal and scored 20+ in every game he played which was only 3 and I've never posted the same stats young man

ARmaxpreps

Quote from: BigMan15 on April 04, 2016, 10:17:16 am
IMO unless ur playing EYBL its really hard to get noticed. AAU sometimes but it depends when and where if the coaches you want are there. Mostly D3 and JR college coaches are there. GoodLuck to him sounds like he will be fine though good ACT score and can ball sometimes thats half the battle.
he's highly recruited last time I checked with coach J.Rice he's getting letters from Clemson Arizona and UCLA on a regular CLEMSON has already told him that if he does good 2016-17  season they'll offer him. Hes an elite player and if you're in bentonville April 8-10 you should check him out in the warm ups

ricepig

Quote from: ARmaxpreps on April 05, 2016, 09:20:24 pm
he's highly recruited last time I checked with coach J.Rice he's getting letters from Clemson Arizona and UCLA on a regular CLEMSON has already told him that if he does good 2016-17  season they'll offer him. Hes an elite player and if you're in bentonville April 8-10 you should check him out in the warm ups

So, where this ranking has him hasn't affected his recruiting, interesting...............

ARmaxpreps

Quote from: ricepig on April 05, 2016, 10:06:31 pm
So, where this ranking has him hasn't affected his recruiting, interesting...............
it's the fact no one gives him recognition that's all my man

ricepig

Quote from: ARmaxpreps on April 08, 2016, 07:33:07 pm
it's the fact no one gives him recognition that's all my man
Looks like the ones that matter have recognized him.

ARmaxpreps

Yes everyone except his own state and we wonder why our best players choose other school over Fayetteville because they don't start recruiting/recognizing  them and offering them in til they're dang near seniors

ricepig

Quote from: ARmaxpreps on April 27, 2016, 01:35:09 pm
Yes everyone except his own state and we wonder why our best players choose other school over Fayetteville because they don't start recruiting/recognizing  them and offering them in til they're dang near seniors

Lol, we've offered freshman and sophomores lately, try again.

Eagle20

Quote from: ricepig on April 27, 2016, 02:47:44 pm
Lol, we've offered freshman and sophomores lately, try again.
they offered an in state prospect after his freshman year last summer in Connor Vanover! I guess that contradicts both of those arguments.  That also offered the kid from ElDorado after his sophomore year.  Pretty sure they offered Monk when he was very young also.  They are missing on some in state kids but I am not sure Yancy is one of them.  He is good but there are guards as good and bigger.  Same category as RJ Glasper in my opinion. 

ricepig

April 28, 2016, 12:21:51 pm #47 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:24:41 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Eagle20 on April 27, 2016, 10:21:39 pm
they offered an in state prospect after his freshman year last summer in Connor Vanover! I guess that contradicts both of those arguments.  That also offered the kid from ElDorado after his sophomore year.  Pretty sure they offered Monk when he was very young also.  They are missing on some in state kids but I am not sure Yancy is one of them.  He is good but there are guards as good and bigger.  Same category as RJ Glasper in my opinion.

Justice Hill ring a bell? He's also a commit. Ethan Henderson has an offer, need any more?

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/aug/01/razorbacks-offer-arkansas-hawks-forward/

ARmaxpreps

The Green Arrow

Shaun Doss, Marion, 6'4" Guard/Forward, Class of 2017
Timothy Ceaser, 6'8" Forward, Class 2019

Ceaser is an elite talent that can step out and shoot the 3. He has natural shot blocking ability and can score around the rim.

Doss is an athletic player that will play guard at the next level. He has an excellent mid-range game. Can attack the rim and is developing a good 3 point shot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas