• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen rose vs magnet cove

Started by beaverfan007, April 03, 2018, 10:08:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverfan007

How come this game hasn't been put on schedule ? What would it take to get it on schedule

southarkdaddy

MC cancelled PC series because it was too far away.  Then they added Atkins and Mt Ida.  Glen Rose is probably just too far away. 

beaverfan007

eldofan

I think he was just sarcastic .

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beaverfan007 on April 03, 2018, 10:08:49 am
How come this game hasn’t been put on schedule ? What would it take to get it on schedule
Why would you want it to be?

Idindonuffin

Quote from: Oldman on April 03, 2018, 03:45:52 pm
Why would you want it to be?

Yeah, why? I have to wonder if Glen Rose was way down and MC was way up, we would all still hear the same old song from Glen Rose.

Hgalum50

Quote from: IMSwarmed on April 03, 2018, 09:32:58 pm
Yeah, why? I have to wonder if Glen Rose was way down and MC was way up, we would all still hear the same old song from Glen Rose.
Glen Rose would beat Magnet Cove about every year tbh! Glen Rose has had like 1 or 2 down years within a 10 year span if not a 20 year span!

purpleswag

Quote from: Hgalum50 on April 03, 2018, 10:53:14 pm
Glen Rose would beat Magnet Cove about every year tbh! Glen Rose has had like 1 or 2 down years within a 10 year span if not a 20 year span!

20 years ago Glen Rose couldn't buy a win

Beaver Fever

I was there through those times , it was rough. We have been solid for about 12 years now.

N2DEEP

I used to love games versus Glen Rose. I have family in Glen Rose and I even have land there still.

I can only assume it has to do with dates or with school differences. I know the community is all for it, but there are alot of factors that go into it including politics.

For Glen Rose there truly is no upside to the game. Your team has done well and is growing, so beating a 2A school is what you are supposed to do. It could only be bad if Glen Rose lost. Just like Malvern playing GR there really is no upside for Malvern, only downside.

Last year was the first year in a long time MC even scrimmaged against GR.

Give our coach some time it will happen. Heck we are just now playing Mt Ida again.

Mulerider4Life

Magnet Cove would get spanked by Glen Rose. Put the bottle down. Would easily loose by 30.

Hgalum50

Quote from: purpleswag on April 04, 2018, 05:32:10 am
20 years ago Glen Rose couldn't buy a win
Since I been watching Glen Rose I have see 1 or 2 losing seasons.

Beaver Fever

You weren't here in the 90's.

LionX2

Quote from: Hgalum50 on April 05, 2018, 07:19:17 pm
Since I been watching Glen Rose I have see 1 or 2 losing seasons.

I'm not putting them down at all because their turn around has been remarkable, to say the least. But, when they won state it was just weird for me to even hear it. They were so bad back in the day.

I'm from Bismarck and what we are now is what they used to be. It has been a role reversal, to say the least. Hopefully, we will get the same kind of upswing you guys did.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: LionX2 on April 06, 2018, 06:50:14 am
I'm not putting them down at all because their turn around has been remarkable, to say the least. But, when they won state it was just weird for me to even hear it. They were so bad back in the day.

I'm from Bismarck and what we are now is what they used to be. It has been a role reversal, to say the least. Hopefully, we will get the same kind of upswing you guys did.

Do you see many kids transferring from Arkadephia to Bismark for playing time? Or transferring to Arkadephia for a better team?

Hgalum50

Quote from: LionX2 on April 06, 2018, 06:50:14 am

I ain't from GR. I'm from HG in Camden, but I have seen them play for a while.

way2go

I remember when they didn't even have a football team. They were a basketball school because that's all they had. I can tell you that their success is fairly recent. I don't know exactly, but I would guess they've only been relevant for the past 15 years or so. If you don't remember when they weren't good, you're pretty young. They were bad for a long time.

beaverfan007

Glen rose started getting better when they hired coach Elmore they went 5-5 his first year finally beat bauxite which was a big deal then . His 2nd year made the playoffs moved to 3a 2 down years then won state he moved on to bigger things the only bad year they've had recently was 2014

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas