• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final 5A East Predictions

Started by woods, January 05, 2009, 07:31:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

woods

We have seen everybody in preseason. This is the final prediction board. Let's see who knows their stuff.

OC

Boys

1. Tech
2. Forrest City
3-6. Nettleton, HWH, Blytheville, Wynne
7. Gould
8. Batesville

Girls

1. Nettleton
2. Tech
3. Wynne
4. Batesville
5. Paragould
6. HwH
7. Blytheville
8. Forrest City

godeep

January 05, 2009, 08:36:42 pm #2 Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:29:27 pm by godeep
Boys

1. GCT
2. FC
3. Wynne
4. Nettleton
5. HWH
6. Blytheville
7. Paragould
8. Batesville

BHS

Quote from: godeep on January 05, 2009, 08:36:42 pm
Boys

1. GCT
2. FC
3. Wynne
4. Nettleton
5. HWH
6. Blytheville
7. Paragould
8. Batesville
8. Batesville

Funny how Batesville beat Paragould and is listed below them huh? 

MikeDiesel™

Same thing on OC's girls rankings.  Blytheville beat HWH last week.  But, the games matter now.  If HWH can win them in conference, then they can go ahead of Blytheville.

railrumblerU

Johnrcanz

Rumbler09

GCT plays Forrest City again this upcoming friday and that should decide it all. Wes Livingston was playing with a sprain ankle the whole game last time they played so maybe we'll get to see more out of him this time. Tech should come out on top though.

Johnrcanz

Rumbler09,

I have to agreee, these 2 teams are the favorites from the East.  And Wes Livingston at 100% is one of the most dangerous players in the state! 

MikeDiesel™

I'm not sure how I'd pick them right now.  And it may have to do with me not following as much of the conference with Blytheville struggling at the moment.

But, if I was forced to type how I see the conference standings finishing, they would look like this:

1. GCT
2. Forrest City (split with GCT, loses on points.)
3. Wynne
4. Blytheville
5. Helena
6. Nettleton
7. Batesville
8. Paragould

Girls:

I have absolutely no idea.  I do think Blytheville will surprise a few teams though.  Not sure why they are as low as they are on a few people's rankings.

Tex29

I think Nettleton is better than Blytheville. Seen Blytheville play Westside and they didn't impress me at all.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: Tex29 on January 07, 2009, 07:47:38 pm
I think Nettleton is better than Blytheville. Seen Blytheville play Westside and they didn't impress me at all.

Not having seen any other teams in the conference play, I can't argue with you.  They could be.

Perspicacity

at least Blytheville boys aren't way over-hyped this year; last year's 1st round performance in the state tournament was embarrassing after all the trash talk about how great they were supposed to be... ::)

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: Perspicacity on January 07, 2009, 10:46:01 pm
at least Blytheville boys aren't way over-hyped this year; last year's 1st round performance in the state tournament was embarrassing after all the trash talk about how great they were supposed to be... ::)

It was embarrassing.  But, very few talked about how great they were.  We did expect to win two or three games in state though.  We just peaked about 2 weeks too early last season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas