• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at McClellan

Started by PA Dad, October 21, 2016, 10:13:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

This game could result in a three way tie for the Central championship if LRM wins.  If PA wins, they probably win the championship with only Mills left to play.

LRM won impressively over LRCA.  They have lost only to NLR and Sylvan Hills.  This game is a rematch of last years' state championship game.

I expect LRM to be sky high for this game.  Last year, there was some bad blood between these teams.

I give PA the edge, but I expect a good game.

MDXPHD

TNT_15

Quote from: PA Dad on October 21, 2016, 10:13:37 pm
This game could result in a three way tie for the Central championship if LRM wins.  If PA wins, they probably win the championship with only Mills left to play.

LRM won impressively over LRCA.  They have lost only to NLR and Sylvan Hills.  This game is a rematch of last years' state championship game.

I expect LRM to be sky high for this game.  Last year, there was some bad blood between these teams.

I give PA the edge, but I expect a good game.
Pa dad gives pa the edge?! Ha kidding. If pa wins they clinch the conference to be honest with a loss they should still win conference 

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: TNT_15 on October 22, 2016, 01:31:36 am
Pa dad gives pa the edge?! Ha kidding. If pa wins they clinch the conference to be honest with a loss they should still win conference

Correct, a win clinches it because even if PA for some reason lost to Mills and Sylvan Hills wins out PA holds the head to head tie breaker.  On the flip side a loss could mean a 3 seed for PA but most likely the 2 seed with Sylvan Hills being the odd man out in the 3-way tie and getting the 3.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on October 22, 2016, 02:51:42 am
Correct, a win clinches it because even if PA for some reason lost to Mills and Sylvan Hills wins out PA holds the head to head tie breaker.  On the flip side a loss could mean a 3 seed for PA but most likely the 2 seed with Sylvan Hills being the odd man out in the 3-way tie and getting the 3.
In the event of a three way tie, how does the tie-breaker work?

Kolsher

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 22, 2016, 12:52:25 pm
most 13+ point victories

The_Pioneer

Overdahill

A good game for both teams to get ready for the playoffs as there will be playoff type intensity.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 22, 2016, 12:52:25 pm

If there is a "triangle" 3-way tie, which would be the case, is the only time tiebreaker points come into play.  Lowest total is out, head to head decides seeding for the remaining 2.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on October 23, 2016, 01:42:58 am
If there is a "triangle" 3-way tie, which would be the case, is the only time tiebreaker points come into play.  Lowest total is out, head to head decides seeding for the remaining 2.
Interesting.  So in the case of a PA loss this week it would likely come down to how close it is.

TNT_15

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on October 22, 2016, 02:51:42 am
So SH should be going for pa so that they can be the 2 seed

FD4

A couple things will have to happen in order for LRM to win.  1st, PA will have to have an off night or have some sort of injury to a key position like the QB or that pesky shifty RB Watkins, (who I might add is like trying to chase down the last chicken in open range).  2nd, LRM will have to score on each possession and burn the clock up by taking snaps with only 2 to 3 seconds on every down. 

For LRM, they must play the best defensive game they have ever played.  Key on Watkins on every down, your not going to get to the QB every snap and he will connect, that's just PA ball.  Recover the onside kicks, and force Kelly to finally punt.  Play a mistake free game, no penalties, use your head.

For PA,  just execute the way you usually do, the numbers will take care of the rest.

I for one have taken LRM in an upset, but wont crow about it, it's Kelly ball and you can never count PA out.

Red Devil Alum

Where are all of the McClellan is going to win posts that I expected this week?

PA Dad

PA scores on its opening possession and leads 8-0.

PA Dad

PA scores on a 70 yard pass and leads 16-0 with 10:34 left in the 2nd.

Strong broke one run for about 30 yards .  Otherwise, PA has shut LRM down.

PA Dad

PA scores on a 40 yard pass.  Conversion no good.  PA leads 22-0.

PA Dad

LRM scores on a pass play.  Conversion no good.  PA leads 22-6 with 1:30 left in first half.

PA Dad

LRM intercepts Hatcher deep in PA territory and then scores.  Conversion fails.  PA leads 22-12 with 5:24 left in 3rd.

PA Dad

LRM scores on a pick 6.  Conversion fails.  PA leads 22-18 with 4:21 left in 3rd.

PA Dad

The LRM defense has shut down PA's offense in the second half.  Good pressure on the QB.  Good tackling.  Blitzes and stunts.  The offense looks confused .

PA Dad

PA's defense comes through again.  PA holds on to eke out a 22-18 win.

sportsguy80

Very close game at the end. Looks like LRM had a chance to pull it off.

Jimmy1995

I'm calling it now, PA vs. LRM in a rematch at WMS

PA Dad

Quote from: sportsguy80 on October 28, 2016, 10:16:20 pm
Very close game at the end. Looks like LRM had a chance to pull it off.

They did.  The PA defense forced a fumble or McClellan might have scored at the end of the game.

MDXPHD

Jimmy1995

D1rty_r3d

D1rty_r3d

MDXPHD

Quote from: D1rty_r3d on October 28, 2016, 10:41:36 pm
Hmmmmm I called it😂

Never seen somebody so excited for a loss.

PA Dad

The PA defense looks as good as last year's defense.  They gave up 12 points tonight.  And one of those touchdowns came after a LRM interception deep in PA territory.  LRM is averaging about 47 points a game this year.

The offense is not as good as it was last year.  Both Sylvan Hills and LRM got to the QB or forced hurried throws.  They limited the PA running game.  They confused the PA offense.

PA will still be a tough out in the playoffs, but I think the chance of a PA loss is much higher this year than it was last year.

sportsguy80

Quote from: PA Dad on October 28, 2016, 10:45:47 pm
The PA defense looks as good as last year's defense.  They gave up 12 points tonight.  And one of those touchdowns came after a LRM interception deep in PA territory.  LRM is averaging about 47 points a game this year.

The offense is not as good as it was last year.  Both Sylvan Hills and LRM got to the QB or forced hurried throws.  They limited the PA running game.  They confused the PA offense.

PA will still be a tough out in the playoffs, but I think the chance of a PA loss is much higher this year than it was last year.
I think you're right.

D1rty_r3d

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 28, 2016, 10:43:43 pm
Never seen somebody so excited for a loss.
Quality loss and especially to them since they were supposedly supposed to just roll through them but trust me if Pierre and the QB wouldn't have gotten hurt PA would have been in trouble but they will see them again in the championship

Yellowcake

This is 100% accurate, especially the last paragraph.

Jimmy1995

Quote from: D1rty_r3d on October 28, 2016, 11:21:50 pm
Quality loss and especially to them since they were supposedly supposed to just roll through them but trust me if Pierre and the QB wouldn't have gotten hurt PA would have been in trouble but they will see them again in the championship
Most Definitely

Grond

Good updates, good review. Thanks, PA Dad.  ;)

Rayburn

The McClellan guys have to get healthy if they're going to make a run.
They were full strength when they were blown out by Sylvan Hills, too.
There's also Wynne, who looks really good, and there appears to be some dangerous teams in the South.
These championship rematch declarations are premature. That one seed is huge for PA because it puts Sylvan Hills, McClellan and Wynne all on the same side of the bracket, opposite PA.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Rayburn on October 29, 2016, 12:23:18 am
There's also Wynne, who looks really good, and there appears to be some dangerous teams in the South.
These championship rematch declarations are premature. That one seed is huge for PA because it puts Sylvan Hills, McClellan and Wynne all on the same side of the bracket, opposite PA.
Yes and add Morrilton to that side too.

PA Dad

Quote from: Rayburn on October 29, 2016, 12:23:18 am

Good analysis.

Beardad

Haven't seen McClellan in a year. Have they learned to throw a pass?

Yellowcake

Quote from: Beardad on October 29, 2016, 07:56:05 am
Haven't seen McClellan in a year. Have they learned to throw a pass?

No

sportsguy80

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 29, 2016, 09:27:01 am
No
I thought I saw them throw for a td. I may be wrong. Didn't Strong play qb?

Complete Biased PoV

October 29, 2016, 10:13:39 am #41 Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:48:57 am by Complete Biased PoV

You have to remember the PA offense has been missing a probable D1 OT for the past 3 1/2 games.  O-line is position group with the least amount of depth, and when you have to put an underclassman in a key position it can take a little while to get the hang of it...look at the Razorback O-line.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: sportsguy80 on October 29, 2016, 10:13:28 am
I thought I saw them throw for a td. I may be wrong. Didn't Strong play qb?

They did, got away with offensive pass interference on it though.

PA Dad

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on October 29, 2016, 10:13:39 am
You have to remember the PA offense has been missing a probable D1 OT for the past 3 1/2 games.  O-line is position group with the least amount of depth, and when you have to put an underclassman in a key position it can take a little while to get the hang of it...look at the Razorback O-line.

I agree.  I did not mean to criticize any player or group.  I was just pointing out the difference between last year's team and this year's.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on October 29, 2016, 01:12:11 pm
I agree.  I did not mean to criticize any player or group.  I was just pointing out the difference between last year's team and this year's.
Something seems a little off about this PA offense.  Luckily the defense has carried them recently.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on October 29, 2016, 10:14:23 am
They did, got away with offensive pass interference on it though.

Right in front of two refs. Was blatant.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas