• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma @ Greenbrier

Started by AIREDALE25, October 21, 2016, 09:47:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AIREDALE25

Oh Greenbrier.... so they beat Harrison by like 6 and Alma beat Harrison 49-14. So Greenbrier better be ready after tonight I'm thinking Alma 38-14

AT

October 22, 2016, 01:04:52 pm #1 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:09:31 pm by Almatrackster
Most of Alma and Greenbrier's scores between common opponents are very even except the Harrison game. I think this will be a one score game. Alma is probably the favorite by one score.

Alma can put themselves in the driver's seat for the #1 seed with a win here, but this is a tough matchup on the road.

AIREDALE25

You probably are very well right! I just can't see this being a close game I could see alma winning by 2 or 3 scores

AIREDALE25

Hootens have Alna winning by (2) scores they had Alma winning by (1) Score against Morilton

P.F.G.

This will be a tough game on the road. If Alma comes out like they did Friday night then they should take care of GB. If they fool around then GB can take control of the conference and send Alma to PA early in the playoffs.

Steve Perry 2.11

October 25, 2016, 08:26:56 am #5 Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 08:42:35 am by Steve Perry 2.11
Alma has struggled at Greenbrier in recent years.

I look for this one to be no different.

Devil Dog 17

I will be pulling hard for the Panthers, however I will have to go with the Airdales in this one.  I will say that Burcham is the best QB in the league, and he could give Alma troubles.  I will predict 41-38 Alma.

the voice

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on October 25, 2016, 06:54:27 am
Hootens have Alna winning by (2) scores they had Alma winning by (1) Score against Morilton
That's points not scores.

Steve Perry 2.11

The kids at Alma want Motown again badly.

mohawk

If only everybody got a second chance...

Deuceswild

Steve Perry 2.11

AIREDALE25

Devil Dog 17

Look, this post is Alma vs Greenbrier, not Morrilton vs Alma.  We have already kicked your butt. If we get a chance, we will do it again.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on October 26, 2016, 02:15:21 pm
Look, this post is Alma vs Greenbrier, not Morrilton vs Alma.  We have already kicked your butt. If we get a chance, we will do it again.

Don't you mean thread??   Because your post was just about Morrilton and Alma.     

AIREDALE25

Alma knows what to expect and have made a lot of changes since we last played yall. Just next time it will be 28-26 Alma

AT

Some nice bait here.

By the way, I wouldn't say winning by two at home is a butt kicking.

Steve Perry 2.11

Spare me son. Y'all ain't that good.

If y'all end up with the 4 seed it's one and done for the Debbil dogs.

Steve Perry 2.11

As a matter of fact...Alma's 2012 Jr High team could've beat y'all this year.

the voice

Devil Dogs have won seven games in a row , aside from wynne , not sure another school can say that.

PrivateLesson

Good read and insight

Quote from: Wess Moore on October 26, 2016, 04:07:02 pm
I think Alma is one of the 4 best teams in 5A.  I think they'll beat Greenbrier and Maumelle to clinch the #1 seed.  If Greenbrier and Harrison hold on for the #2 and #3 seed, then the first round game between Wynne and Morrilton will be awesome... but a shame.  That's two of the best teams in 5A playing in the first round.

AIREDALE25

And Morrilton will probably lose against wynne

the voice

Alma will probably lose Friday

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on October 26, 2016, 06:44:13 pm
Alma will probably lose Friday

Wow!  I detect some animosity between the Alma and Morrilton posters.  I haven't looked at the brackets to see how likely a rematch is, but I'd love to see it.

AIREDALE25

Quote from: PA Dad on October 26, 2016, 09:00:18 pm
Wow!  I detect some animosity between the Alma and Morrilton posters.  I haven't looked at the brackets to see how likely a rematch is, but I'd love to see it.
If Alma wins the first two playoff games and the at the 1 seed Morrilton would be 4 seed. Which would give a chance to play on the 25th of November in the Finals at Morilton. But that Chance is probably unlikely because of the possibility of the Wynne Morilton matchup.

the voice

October 27, 2016, 05:53:02 am #25 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:05:38 am by the voice
And of Alma being the 1 seed. It's unlikely morrilton stays 4, there's a good chance two teams ahead of them lose this week. At least one will.
I think y'all need to focus on beating greenbrier which will not be easy. At least trackster and even SP rein theirs in and give respect to others. This is the same as all the undefeated and 9-1 talk . You believe in your team I get that. But have lost three times this year already, those losses were all to teams that earned the victory over you. You have a good team , but at times you sound like 👻 ghost , will you make excuses or disappear? At least trackster and perry made no excuses and have rolled along.

the voice

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on October 26, 2016, 04:00:40 pm
As a matter of fact...Alma's 2012 Jr High team could've beat y'all this year.
Our 2010 lil pup team beat y'all this year

PrivateLesson

Quote from: the voice on October 27, 2016, 06:45:44 am
Our 2010 lil pup team beat y'all this year
Lol!!   Their cheerleaders beat your cheerleaders, though and so did the band!! :)

PrivateLesson

Quote from: the voice on October 27, 2016, 05:53:02 am
And of Alma being the 1 seed. It's unlikely morrilton stays 4, there's a good chance two teams ahead of them lose this week. At least one will.
I think y'all need to focus on beating greenbrier which will not be easy. At least trackster and even SP rein theirs in and give respect to others. This is the same as all the undefeated and 9-1 talk . You believe in your team I get that. But have lost three times this year already, those losses were all to teams that earned the victory over you. You have a good team , but at times you sound like 👻 ghost , will you make excuses or disappear? At least trackster and perry made no excuses and have rolled along.

Not sure who you are directing this too?? 

the voice

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 27, 2016, 07:05:41 am
Lol!!   Their cheerleaders beat your cheerleaders, though and so did the band!! :)
Yeah but it was close , next time will be different

the voice

P.F.G.

Calm down, he has a curfew.

AT

This game makes me a little nervous every time I watch tape of Greenbrier and see Burcham making crazy plays, I get a little more wary.

Good athlete, I hope we can keep him in check.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on October 26, 2016, 04:15:09 pm
Devil Dogs have won seven games in a row , aside from wynne , not sure another school can say that.

Ehh...Kind of.

the voice

On the field , yeah head to head , yep they won.  It's an interesting fact to point out.  No different than other things people say,  it should be noted I meant in 5a , and PA is on a roll as well. I think it was 3rd game of season they lost.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 27, 2016, 09:05:23 pm
This game makes me a little nervous every time I watch tape of Greenbrier and see Burcham making crazy plays, I get a little more wary.

It should. It's Neal Burcham version 2.

Quote from: PA Dad on October 26, 2016, 09:00:18 pm
Wow!  I detect some animosity between the Alma and Morrilton posters.

yes...animosity towards Alma posters(in particular...me)
No animosity from me towards anyone from Motown....they are beneath me.

JacketDad

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on October 27, 2016, 05:00:49 am
If Alma wins the first two playoff games and the at the 1 seed Morrilton would be 4 seed. Which would give a chance to play on the 25th of November in the Finals at Morilton. But that Chance is probably unlikely because of the possibility of the Wynne Morilton matchup.
I may be wrong but if this happens I don't think the game will be in Morrilton.

the voice

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on October 28, 2016, 09:07:56 am
It should. It's Neal Burcham version 2.

yes...animosity towards Alma posters(in particular...me)

No animosity from me towards anyone from Motown....they are beneath me.
No SP, love reading your posts and hearing about your thoughts after watching films!😉

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: the voice on October 28, 2016, 09:22:50 am
No SP, love reading your posts and hearing about your thoughts after watching films!😉

I used to think that you were a gibbering idiot. Now, after reading your latest post, I have a much lower opinion of you.

Steve Perry 2.11

If the Dales play with the same focus and energy they did last Friday night, for the first time all year, they win by 2 touchdowns.

If they play like they did against Farmington and a few other games, Greenbrier wins by a touchdown.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketDad on October 28, 2016, 09:16:36 am
I may be wrong but if this happens I don't think the game will be in Morrilton.

Higher seed gets home.

the voice

I've not looked to follow the path as no seeds are known yet , but lower seed hosts first then it used to be the team on top of bracket was home team regardless of seed.

JacketDad

Quote from: the voice on October 28, 2016, 09:45:10 am
I've not looked to follow the path as no seeds are known yet , but lower seed hosts first then it used to be the team on top of bracket was home team regardless of seed.
I believe it is the higher seed is always the home team and if two equally seeded teams meet then the team on the top of the bracket is the home team.

the voice

Could be how it is. I'm not sure anymore, we will be on the road I'm sure anyway.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 27, 2016, 09:05:23 pm

Good athlete, I hope we can keep him in check.

He's the best quarterback I've seen in person this year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketDad on October 28, 2016, 09:50:52 am
I believe it is the higher seed is always the home team and if two equally seeded teams meet then the team on the top of the bracket is the home team.

This is true.

Go Postal

Good game on the live stream.  14-14 at half.  Can't wait to see what happens in 2nd half.

pantherblue

the voice

Congrats to Alma. I figured it would be closer.

pantherblue

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas