• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Pre-Week 8 Top Ten (VOTE HERE FOR WEEK 9)

Started by AT, October 19, 2016, 08:43:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

October 19, 2016, 08:43:50 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:24:31 am by Almatrackster
5A FAN POLL PRE-WEEK 8 TOP TEN
1. Pulaski Academy - 173 (11) - PA went through what many thought was it's toughest 5A test so far and came out with a two score win. Just to show how respected the Bruins are, some thought the win was closer than expected. PA still holds onto the #1 spot.

2. Wynne - 169 (7) - A huge win over Batesville in name and in margin. The Yellowjackets didn't jump up to the #1 spot, but they made a move towards it for sure.

3. Morrilton - 139 - The Devil Dogs beat Maumelle by a sizeable margin and jump one spot. They are still on track to make the playoffs despite the forfeits.

4. Sylvan Hills - 116 - A 12 points loss to PA falls in the "not a bad loss" category and only drops the Bears one spot.

5. Alma - 99 - The Airedales beat Clarksville like they were supposed to and stay at #5.

6. Watson Chapel - 77 - WC comes up with their biggest win in a few years and jump two spots to #6. It looks like WC is on track for the 5A South title.

7. Blytheville - 71 - The Chickasaws jump up two spots after beating Valley View comfortably to say the least. Blytheville's first conference loss to Wynne hasn't slowed them down.

8. Greenbrier - 54 - A close, but big win over Harrison keeps them in the #1 spot in the 5A West. They also move up two spots in this poll.

9. White Hall - 38 - A close loss to Watson Chapel in the probable 5A South championship game moves them down 2 spots. White Hall should still be on track to host a playoff game in the first round.

10. Little Rock McClellan - 33 - After that loss to Sylvan Hills, last year's state runner ups have quietly kept winning by big margins and get back in the top ten.

Others receiving votes:
11. Harrison - 16
12. Batesville - 5

Pollsters: 18
MDXPHD, PA Dad, Almatrackster, GuvHog, AIREDALE25, DEVIL DOG HOG, Deuceswild, Overdahill, Chip, Rick Swines, Youngsta71701, MikeDiesel, wynnefootballfan, Fred Bird, JacketDad, pantherblue, the voice, #1jacketfan

AT

Top Ten Conference Play 5.0

1. Pulaski Academy vs. Little Rock Parkview
This game won't have any bearing on a playoff spot unless Parkview pulls off the big upset. The Bruins should stay on track for another undefeated conference season here. A big win keeps them at #1 probably.

2. Wynne @ Paragould
The Yellowjackets should keep their winning ways going and beat this non playoff East team. They move up with a PA loss or unconvincing win at this point it seems.

3. Morrilton vs. Vilonia
It would seem likely that the Devil Dogs win this one and keep their playoff hopes on track. Vilonia has to be looking at the standings, though, and saying, "here's our chance for a playoff spot!", though. Morrilton would need losses in front of them or unconvincing wins to move up.

4. Sylvan Hills vs. Little Rock Fair
The Bears go from one extreme to the other this week. SH will look to keep their home playoff game and impressive season going. Even with a big win here, SH would need some losses in front of them to move up.

5. Alma vs. 11. Harrison
If Alma wins, they still control their destiny for the 1 seed. If they lose, then Alma has to watch out about not getting a home playoff game or even missing the playoffs. Harrison is looking to win and keep a home playoff game. A loss puts them behind the 8 ball in hosting one. Alma could maybe jump SH with a very convincing win.

6. Watson Chapel @ Magnolia
Look for WC to keep their track for the 5A South solo conference title going here. They would need to win big and have some losses or "bad" wins in front of them to move up.

7. Blytheville @ 12. Batesville
This is probably the battle for a 5A East home playoff game. Blytheville, with a big win, could move up no matter what.

8. Greenbrier @ Clarksville
The Panthers of the blue variety look to keep their hold on the #1 spot in the 5A West against the probable last place team tonight. They will need to win convincingly and have some teams lose in front of them to move up.

9. White Hall vs. Hot Springs
White Hall looks to get back on track after the tough loss and show that loss doesn't define them. A win keeps them on pace for a home playoff game. WH needs some losses ahead of them and a big win to move up.

10. Little Rock McClellan @ Little Rock Christian
Perhaps the underrated game of the week? This could be the battle of who gets the 3 seed and who gets the 4 seed. McClellan could perhaps move up just with a big win.

PA Dad

1.  Wynne - only undefeated team in 5A.

2.  PA - big test against McClellan this week.

3.  Morrilton-  they should win out.

4.  Sylvan Hills -  ditto

5.  Alma- impressive win over Harrison.

6.  Greenbrier-  may have the game of the week against Alma.

7.  White Hall -  are they now best in the South?

8.  McClellan -  big game this week.

9.  Batesville-  found a way to beat Blytheville.

10.  Blytheville-  beats out Watson Chapel for number 10 with a quality loss.

AT

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Alma
6. Greenbrier
7. Little Rock McClellan
8. Batesville
9. Watson Chapel
10. White Hall

AIREDALE25

1.Wynee
2.PA
3.Alma
4.Morrliton
5.Sylvan Hills
6.Greenbrier
7.Batesville
8.LR McClellan
9.White Hall
10.Watson Chapel

Jackets3

1.Wynne
2.PA
3.Morrilton
4.SH
5.Alma
6.Greenbrier
7.McClellan
8.White Hall
9.Watson Chapel
10.Batesville

Deuceswild

1. PA- I want to put Wynne here but will wait for McLovin game
2. Wynne only team that will match up well against PA, when I say that, other teams can beat PA but this team will make them worry
3. Devil dawgs- I like everything about this team
4. Alma- They made me a believer, talent is there, just not in the officiating dept.
5. Sylvan Hills-Legit contender
6. Greenbrier- I am a fan of that QB after seeing him in person
7. McClellan, you have a shot to disrupt everything, run the ball and eat the clock, capitalize on every mistake they make
8. Batesville I keep going back n forth with them and Blytheville, they should just combine and be called Blatesville
9.Chapel
10.White Hall

Overdahill

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. MoTown
4. SH (DaBears)
5. Alma
6. McClellan
7. GB
8. WH
9. WC
10. Batesville

Jimmy1995

Quote from: Deuceswild on October 22, 2016, 12:31:00 pm
2. Wynne only team that will match up well against PA, when I say that, other teams can beat PA but this team will make them worry
4. Alma- They made me a believer, talent is there, just not in the officiating dept.
7. McClellan, you have a shot to disrupt everything, run the ball and eat the clock, capitalize on every mistake they make
8. Batesville I keep going back n forth with them and Blytheville, they should just combine and be called Blatesville
9.Chapel
10.White Hall
Hate McClellan much?

Deuceswild

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on October 22, 2016, 02:26:28 pm
Hate McClellan much?
Not at all, I'm McLuvin how the play in most games just know they need a lot to get past PA. I would love to see it more than you know. I'm simply stating this is the biggest game of their season and hope they can get after it. Sorry if it came out wrong but they are more one dimensional than most. Just hope it works against PA. It's about time for them to lose one in this state. You are the last chance til playoff time so go get em

AT

Only 6 polls so far. Hopefully we get more polls in by Wednesday. Reminder that the polls close Wednesday night.

DEVIL DOG HOG

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4.Sylvan Hills
5. Greenbrier
6. Alma
7. White Hall
8. LR McClellan
9. Harrison
10.Forest City

MDXPHD

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on October 23, 2016, 04:25:54 pm
1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4.Sylvan Hills
5. Greenbrier
6. Alma
7. White Hall
8. LR McClellan
9. Harrison
10.Forest City

FC in the top ten and the only other east team other than Wynne...yet they're possibly the 4 seed in the east? Nice work.

AT

I think the next two weeks will really tell the truth about FC. One could say (and some are saying that) that their game against Batesville was an exception and they can be more competitive than that against their top teams.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 23, 2016, 07:26:41 pm
FC in the top ten and the only other east team other than Wynne...yet they're possibly the 4 seed in the east? Nice work.
[/quote}

Today FC is 6-2, Batesville and Blytheville are 5-3.  this could change after this coming Friday.

MDXPHD

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on October 23, 2016, 09:29:59 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on October 23, 2016, 07:26:41 pm
[/quote}

Today FC is 6-2, Batesville and Blytheville are 5-3.  this could change after this coming Friday.

And Batesville beat them by 30. head to head doesn't mean much though.

Youngsta71701

October 24, 2016, 07:07:16 am #16 Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:44:27 am by Youngsta71701
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Sylvan Hills
4. Morrilton
5. McClellan
6. Alma
7. Watson Chapel
8. White Hall
9. Batesville
10. Greenbrier

MDXPHD

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Alma
6. McClellan
7. Watson Chapel
8. Batesville
9. WH
10. Greenbrier

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Deuceswild on October 22, 2016, 12:31:00 pm
9.Chapel
10.White Hall

Lol!  One of the many reasons I love reading Fearless Friday!!  Thanks for the morning smile:)

MikeDieselâ„¢

1. Wynne - until....
2. PA - hard not to put them at #1 (and if I saw them play in my conference, they would probably be there on my list)
3. Morrilton - still plugging along
4. Alma - nice blowout this week
5. Sylvan Hills - I think I'm still holding those non-conference games against them.
6. Blytheville - Losing by 3 on the road against a pretty solid team.  I'll be glad to admit a little bias on this one.
7. Greenbrier - I'm guessing you could interchange about teams from #6 to about #14 in my rankings and I wouldn't truly argue with you about it.  Lots of questions.
8. Batesville - Had a few different scenarios where they were higher or lower.  But, this is a dangerous offensive team.
9. McClellan - Still an impressive team.  Should have been in my top 10 last week at least.
10. White Hall - I'm still not sure what to think of the South. 

Steve Perry 2.11

1. PA.....Everyone is playing for 2nd place in my opinion.
2. Wynne Uncle Ivan has little man syndrome
3. Motown Interchangeable with Alma but they beat Alma  ↓
4. Alma Interchangeable with Motown. Still think Alma is the better team↑
5. Sylvan Hills Was going to put them at 4 but didn't want them ahead of my fellow smokers
6. Blytheville I love Mike Diesel
7. White Hall
8. Greebrier Burcham Burcham Burcham....with this last name at QB, they are always dangerous
9. Batesville shouldn't be in the top 10 after Wynne trucked them
10.McClellan

MDXPHD

Head to head matchups just don't mean much anymore.

Rick Swines

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Alma
6. Blytheville
7. Batesville
8. Greenbriar
9. Mcclellan
10. Watson Chapel

Pwil11

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. SH
5. Alma
6. Batesville
7. Blytheville
8. McClellan
9. Greenbriar
10. WC

GuvHog

1.  PA
2.  Wynne
3.  Morrilton
4.  Sylvan Hills
5.  Alma
6.  Batesville
7.  White Hall
8.  Watson Chapel
9.  Blytheville
10. Greenbrier

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 24, 2016, 08:04:07 am
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Alma
6. McClellan
7. Watson Chapel
8. Batesville
9. WH
10. Greenbrier

Where is Magnolia? They beat Watson Chapel Head to Head.

MDXPHD

GhostofRosswoodCC

Quote from: GuvHog on October 25, 2016, 09:05:05 am
1.  PA
2.  Wynne
3.  Morrilton
4.  Sylvan Hills
5.  Alma
6.  Batesville
7.  White Hall
8.  Watson Chapel
9.  Blytheville
10. Greenbrier

GUVHOG   I am speechless////     :-X :-X

AT

Chip

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Sylvan Hills
4. Morrilton
5. White Hall
6. LR McClellan
7. Batesville
8. Watson Chapel
9. Greenbrier
10. Forrest City

AIREDALE25

Quote from: Chip on October 26, 2016, 09:06:10 am
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Sylvan Hills
4. Morrilton
5. White Hall
6. LR McClellan
7. Batesville
8. Watson Chapel
9. Greenbrier
10. Forrest City
Forrest City over Alma?

wynnefootballfan

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. SH
6. LR McClellan
7. Batesville*
8. Blytheville*
9. WC
10. Greenbrier

* These two could flip flop back and forth for me. After seeing them in person and watching tape fo them playing each other.

As for the Wynne/PA game I giove Wynne the edge due to there offense being able to grind the clock and keep the ball away from PA.

PercussionMan

Where does this year's Wynne team rank in comparison with past Wynne teams??  They've had so many great ones, I'd like to hear from Wynne fans, who have been dedicated fans for a while, who can accurately compare them with past ones.

Overdahill

AIREDALE25

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: PercussionMan on October 26, 2016, 01:15:35 pm
Where does this year's Wynne team rank in comparison with past Wynne teams??  They've had so many great ones, I'd like to hear from Wynne fans, who have been dedicated fans for a while, who can accurately compare them with past ones.

Keeping it simple. With a plus here a minus there, as good as any of them we have had.

Devil Dog 17

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Motown
4. Sylvan Hills
5.Alma
6. Batesville
7. LR McCleelan
8. Greenbrier
9. Blthysville
10.Watson Chapel

MDXPHD

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on October 26, 2016, 02:39:08 pm
Keeping it simple. With a plus here a minus there, as good as any of them we have had.

I don't think that's close to true. The early 2000 Wynne teams would run through this one.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 26, 2016, 04:18:02 pm
I don't think that's close to true. The early 2000 Wynne teams would run through this one.

You very well could be right. I was forming opinion by comparing there dominance or ability to do so against opponents played or that they may play statewide. Not necessarily who would win if the two Wynne teams played each other. I do think there are many similarities in this team and the teams you mentioned. We are remembering back 12-14 years..lol.

walkingguy72396

Quote from: PercussionMan on October 26, 2016, 01:15:35 pm
[/quote

This may need its own thread.  If this years team played every game like they played against Batesville.  I might say yes.

I still think the 1999 and 2000 teams are the standard and neither one made it to the final.

proud_dad

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Batesville
6. Blytheville
7. Alma
8. McClellan
9. Greenbrier
T-10. Forrest City
T-10. Watson Chapel

AT

That's who I was waiting for. I'm going to go ahead and close this poll. I probably won't be able to do it at 8:00 tonight so I'll go ahead and do it now. Sorry if you planned on voting in the next hour.

proud_dad

Sweet. Yeah I missed it last week because of work. Glad I got it in this week. Looks like 1 and 2 might come down to 1 or 2 pts this week!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas