• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A South Playoff Projections

Started by GuvHog, October 17, 2016, 10:03:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

CURRENT STANDINGS:

Watson Chapel         4-0
White Hall                3-1
H.S. Lakeside           3-1
De Queen                 2-2
Hot Springs              2-2
Camden Fairview      1-3
Magnolia                  1-3
Hope                       0-4

Projected Playoff seeds:

1. Watson Chapel
2. White Hall
3 H.S. Lakeside
4.???

Camden Fairview, De Queen and Hot Springs will fight it out for the 4th seed honor of facing the PA Bruins in the first round of the 5A playoffs. Opinions???

Youngsta71701

1. Watson Chapel         7-0*
2. White Hall                6-1*
3. H.S. Lakeside           5-2*
4. Camden Fairview      3-4* Tiebreaker over DeQueen because of head to head win
5. DeQueen                 3-4
6. Magnolia                 2-5
7. Hot Springs              2-5
8. Hope                       0-7

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 17, 2016, 10:49:35 am
1. Watson Chapel         7-0*
2. White Hall                6-1*
3. H.S. Lakeside           5-2*
4. Camden Fairview      3-4* Tiebreaker over DeQueen because of head to head win
5. DeQueen                 3-4
6. Magnolia                 2-5
7. Hot Springs              2-5
8. Hope                       0-7
CF cant treat Hope or H.S. like they did Magnolia. If we are solid against them, we will upset Chapel lol ;D ;D

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on October 17, 2016, 11:25:14 am
CF cant treat Hope or H.S. like they did Magnolia. If we are solid against them, we will upset Chapel lol ;D ;D
We have to play straight up against Hope with at least 1 safety deep. We have to load the box against Hot Springs. We have to pray against Watson Chapel.  ;D

GuvHog

October 17, 2016, 01:35:54 pm #4 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 01:50:18 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 17, 2016, 01:05:57 pm
We have to play straight up against Hope with at least 1 safety deep. We have to load the box against Hot Springs. We have to pray against Watson Chapel.  ;D

You're right about Hope. Their QB is really good. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of talent surrounding him.

I stated sometime back that I would not predict a WC win over Camden Fairview until WC actually beats them once and I'm sticking to that so I won't be making any predictions for that game. The good news for WC is if they take care of business Friday night and get a win over Lakeside at home, they will lock up the number one seed in the playoffs before taking the field against Camden Fairview.

Trojanball24

WC is just to talented this year. They literally have at least 8 college football players on their team right now. They will win this conference with ease unless they happen to slip up on Lakeside which took my teams boys or they would be bottome dwellars. HSLS finishes 2nd

Marblehog

Quote from: Trojanball24 on October 17, 2016, 05:14:35 pm
WC is just to talented this year. They literally have at least 8 college football players on their team right now. They will win this conference with ease unless they happen to slip up on Lakeside which took my teams boys or they would be bottome dwellars. HSLS finishes 2nd
white hall will finish 2nd. 

RamFan06

Trojanball, who did LS "take" from HS? I have asked this a few times and never get an answer.

GuvHog

Quote from: Marblehog on October 17, 2016, 05:59:31 pm
white hall will finish 2nd. 

That seems likely since White Hall has beaten the Rams and has the tie breaker over them.

tmycjy

Quote from: GuvHog on October 17, 2016, 10:03:15 am
CURRENT STANDINGS:

Watson Chapel         4-0
White Hall                3-1
H.S. Lakeside           3-1
De Queen                 2-2
Hot Springs              2-2
Camden Fairview      1-3
Magnolia                  1-3
Hope                       0-4

Projected Playoff seeds:

1. Watson Chapel
2. White Hall
3 H.S. Lakeside
4.???

Camden Fairview, De Queen and Hot Springs will fight it out for the 4th seed honor of facing the PA Bruins in the first round of the 5A playoffs. Opinions???

In my opinion who ever make the playoffs they are 16 teams better then the one who didn't make those 16 just wish they were there just playing in the 1st round so take pride in that

Hoghead2

The plot thickens. I say it's WC at the end.

Hoghead2

WC has control of the 5A South with 3 games left. It's time they've won this conference.  The 2, 3, &4 spots will fall into place to HSLS, White Hall and Hot Springs fighting it out.

Youngsta71701

Camden Fairview will get the 4th spot with a little help. We made some adjustments to our defense Friday night. If we keep doing what we did we'll be solid the rest of the season. But if we go back to lining up the way we did before then we'll go right back to giving up 40pts per game.

GuvHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 20, 2016, 08:58:28 am
Camden Fairview will get the 4th spot with a little help. We made some adjustments to our defense Friday night. If we keep doing what we did we'll be solid the rest of the season. But if we go back to lining up the way we did before then we'll go right back to giving up 40pts per game.

It didn't matter how White Hall lined up last Friday, their defensive backs just could not stay with Watson Chapel's receivers and Jakobi passed for around 400 yards against them.

Youngsta71701

October 20, 2016, 09:49:45 am #14 Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:51:23 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: GuvHog on October 20, 2016, 09:45:09 am
It didn't matter how White Hall lined up last Friday, their defensive backs just could not stay with Watson Chapel's receivers and Jakobi passed for around 400 yards against them.
Watson Chapel has always had athletes. They are always fast! That game always worries me.

GuvHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 20, 2016, 09:49:45 am
Watson Chapels has always had athletes. They are always fast! That game always worries me.

.....And Fairview always seems to win. I'll believe WC can beat Fairview when they actually do it. I won't be predicting a win for the Wildcats in Camden.

Marblehog

There is no way in the world Fairview is beating Chapel. 

Youngsta71701

October 20, 2016, 12:52:27 pm #17 Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:54:18 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Marblehog on October 20, 2016, 12:16:18 pm
Maybe Chapel rest the starters and plays their JV after locking up the #1 seed ???

GuvHog

I love your optimism but I've been bitten in the butt when I've predicted a Wildcat win in that game before so I'll pass on making that prediction.

Overdahill

It feels strange that I have to agree with this assessment  :'(

dolemite

I would probably agree but most folks last year didnt pick Fairview to win that one.

#iknownothing

anyone who didn't pick FV to win that game last year obviously didn't watch Chapel play last year! That defense was terrible! Chapel needs to worry about Magnolia and Lakeside! If they can't stop the run the next two weeks the Camden game will not matter

WCN

Looks like chapel may lose tonight! Didn't see that coming.  Score anyone?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas