• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A West Playoff standings

Started by AIREDALE25, October 16, 2016, 05:06:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AIREDALE25

I'm think the 5A West will look like this.
Seed
1.Alma
2.Greenbrier
3.Harrison
4.Morrliton
If Alma loses both Harrison or Greenbrier
1.Greenbrier
2.Harrison
3.Morrilton
4.Alma
If Alma happens do beat Harrison or Greenbrier they will move up
I'm thinking Harrison will be a close win due to home field advantage but Greenbrier will be interesting and Maumelle will be a win for Alma

WPWells

Why don't you think Morrilton will get higher than fourth?....

AIREDALE25

I have them at 3 if Alma loses the next two games if Alma wins that puts Alma 7-1 Morrilton at 5-2 so there for 4 seed. That's if Morrilton wins out

the voice

Morrilton wins out. Vilonia, Farmington and Clarksville. Conference champions on the field if not in standings.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on October 16, 2016, 05:41:57 pm
Morrilton wins out. Vilonia, Farmington and Clarksville. Conference champions on the field if not in standings.

No trophies for that, unfortunately.

the voice

No , but those teams know who won. Doesn't matter, as long as we are the playoffs ,the goal is the same.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on October 16, 2016, 06:43:04 pm
No , but those teams know who won. Doesn't matter, as long as we are the playoffs ,the goal is the same.

True. And you have to beat the same teams to win state, so throw the seedlings out once the playoffs start.

the voice

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 16, 2016, 06:51:43 pm
True. And you have to beat the same teams to win state, so throw the seedlings out once the playoffs start.
Exactly

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on October 16, 2016, 07:10:28 pm
Exactly

That's all true but the road is harder as a four seed.  But, if you win the first game, presumably against Wynne, the toughest game is done and the road gets a lot easier.

AT

Quote from: PA Dad on October 16, 2016, 07:26:51 pm
That's all true but the road is harder as a four seed.  But, if you win the first game, presumably against Wynne, the toughest game is done and the road gets a lot easier.

Traveling to Wynne, White Hall/McClellan, and then probably Alma/Sylvan Hills would be a tough stretch.

mohawk

How competitive is the West this year?

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 16, 2016, 07:30:15 pm
Traveling to Wynne, White Hall/McClellan, and then probably Alma/Sylvan Hills would be a tough stretch.

Yes it would.  But a win over Wynne would give Morrilton great confidence.  Beating the team most folks think is number one or two in 5A should make the other games seem easier.

AT

Quote from: PA Dad on October 16, 2016, 07:35:46 pm
Yes it would.  But a win over Wynne would give Morrilton great confidence.  Beating the team most folks think is number one or two in 5A should make the other games seem easier.

Oh no doubt. It would be a huge confidence booster for the Devil Dogs. Strange that Morrilton could miss the playoffs still or even be the 1 seed, still.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 16, 2016, 07:42:47 pm
Oh no doubt. It would be a huge confidence booster for the Devil Dogs. Strange that Morrilton could miss the playoffs still or even be the 1 seed, still.

I understand how they could miss the playoffs.  I'm a little slow on the seedings.  How could they be a one seed?

Never mind.  I just saw your explanation on another thread.

Overdahill

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 16, 2016, 07:42:47 pm

Ha, they don't call it the wild west for nothing :D

the voice

October 16, 2016, 08:32:02 pm #15 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:35:00 pm by the voice
Alma could still miss or be the one seed also. As could greenbrier or Harrison. , it's unlikely tho. 

I agree PA dad if you beat wynne on that side it would get easier afterwards. No disrespect to anyone, but if you go there and win , you'd definitely be confident going forward.

Signamax

I like the Devil Dogs chances, there are ways they could be a 2 or 3, but I see a 4th seed. That would Morrilton against Wynne, who has a very good coach in Chris Hill, who may have his best team since he has been at Wynne. If the Devil Dogs come out on top of that game, I see them at WMS!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Signamax on October 18, 2016, 08:18:39 pm
I like the Devil Dogs chances, there are ways they could be a 2 or 3, but I see a 4th seed. That would Morrilton against Wynne, who has a very good coach in Chris Hill, who may have his best team since he has been at Wynne. If the Devil Dogs come out on top of that game, I see them at WMS!

If they beat Wynne, they would still have to beat white Hall or McClellan, then likely travel to Alma or sylvan Hills. Toughest road from a 4 seed. I feel bad they didn't catch the ineligible player sooner.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2016, 08:37:55 pm
If they beat Wynne, they would still have to beat white Hall or McClellan, then likely travel to Alma or sylvan Hills. Toughest road from a 4 seed. I feel bad they didn't catch the ineligible player sooner.

There is no doubt they would have the toughest road to WMS.  But, if they beat Wynne, I bet they get there.  Beating  Wynne is a BIG but.

the voice

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2016, 08:37:55 pm

If they have to play wynne on the road and win. Those others you mentioned would be easier. That's if they get 4th seed. I think brier wins out. Harrison loses to Alma and maumelle. Maumelle has some dudes that will give the goblins serious matchup problems.
That happens dogs are number two.

walkingguy72396

Alma has to play the best of the rest.  Looks like it could get interesting

AIREDALE25

Quote from: the voice on October 18, 2016, 09:07:10 pm
If they have to play wynne on the road and win. Those others you mentioned would be easier. That's if they get 4th seed. I think brier wins out. Harrison loses to Alma and maumelle. Maumelle has some dudes that will give the goblins serious matchup problems.
That happens dogs are number two.
Greenbrier and Alma will be a great game

the voice

Yes it will be a great game. It has huge ripple effects on the standings.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas