• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A East Play-off Race

Started by walkingguy72396, October 16, 2016, 03:52:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

walkingguy72396

Since we seem to need a fresh topic.

Wynne, Conference Record 4-0.  Remaining Schedule, Paragould, Forrest City, Nettleton,  Projected finish 7-0. 

Blytheville Conference Record 3-1, remaining schedule, Batesville, Paragould, Forrest City.  I project a 6-1 finish.

Batesville Conference record 3-1.  remaining schedule, Blytheville, Greene County Tech, Valley view.  My thought is that the Pioneers finish at 5-2.

Forrest City, Conference record 3-1 remaining schedule, Nettleton, Wynne, Blytheville.  Mustangs have it tough.  Projected Finish 4-3.

Nettleton, Conference Record 2-2, remaining schedule Forrest City, Valley View, Wynne.  Its possible the Raiders get shut-out to end the season.  I think Forrest City game is a toss up.  That Valley View can make it a contest,  Wynne should get the W.
Best finish 4-3.

Valley View,conference record 1-3. games left: Greene County Tech, Nettleton, Batesville.  Probably ends season 2-5.  Best outcome 4-3.

My projection
1 seed Wynne, 2 seed Blytheville, 3 seed Batesville, 4 seed Nettleton.

PA Dad

I think that's a reasonable projection.  The wild card is the winner of the Blytheville/Batesville game.

mohawk

Which seed has the best first round draw this year?

MDXPHD

Quote from: mohawk on October 17, 2016, 07:23:20 pm
Which seed has the best first round draw this year?

Depends on what seed Morrilton gets. The 1/2 seed will have the best chance in the first round based on this.

Chief-Chickasaw

Lol it is Blytheville's luck to finally work their way into a home playoff game and get to play one of the best teams in the west.

GuvHog

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on October 18, 2016, 08:31:16 am
Lol it is Blytheville's luck to finally work their way into a home playoff game and get to play one of the best teams in the west.

Yeah, my guess is they will host Harrison in the first round while Wynne plays host to Morrilton.

Redwolves8526

Looks like Wynne is about to run the table. Please for the love of everything good, beat PA in the playoffs.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on October 18, 2016, 08:31:16 am

It's likely  that it will happen, but you haven't beaten Batesville yet. You are playing them at home on homecoming after they were embarrassed by Wynne. Think they may have some motivation?

sevenof400

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 18, 2016, 08:46:47 am
Looks like Wynne is about to run the table. Please for the love of everything good, beat PA in the playoffs.

This made me laugh this morning.....

walkingguy72396

It might just be best to play the best team you will face in the playoffs in the first game.

sevenof400

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 18, 2016, 09:18:53 am
It might just be best to play the best team you will face in the playoffs in the first game.

Thank you, Captain Buzzkill!  Speculating who your team might play is half the fun!

mohawk

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 17, 2016, 08:00:22 pm
Depends on what seed Morrilton gets. The 1/2 seed will have the best chance in the first round based on this.
So if Morrilton gets the 4 in the west, the 1 in the east is a bad draw?

MDXPHD

Quote from: mohawk on October 18, 2016, 10:10:55 am
So if Morrilton gets the 4 in the west, the 1 in the east is a bad draw?

Yes, relative to the other seeds in the East. Morrilton will likely be undefeated on the field in the West and should be the 1 seed...so you have a potential battle of the "1" seeds in the first round.

mohawk

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2016, 10:36:13 am
Yes, relative to the other seeds in the East. Morrilton will likely be undefeated on the field in the West and should be the 1 seed...so you have a potential battle of the "1" seeds in the first round.
Gotcha. I know it's hard to do, seeing that they do not play each other until the playoffs, but how would you compare the 1 seeds from the east and west?

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2016, 10:36:13 am

Yeah, that's crazy. You could argue that both ways. I wouldn't mind it though, get one of the toughest at home and out of the way.. I of course am predicting we would win..lol.

OB11

The Morrilton situation makes things very interesting for the first round of the playoffs.  Definitely not your typical 1 vs. 4 matchup.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mohawk on October 18, 2016, 10:43:30 am
Gotcha. I know it's hard to do, seeing that they do not play each other until the playoffs, but how would you compare the 1 seeds from the east and west?

They both have the potential to compete for state I think. I think Wynne playing at home is a pretty big advantage.

Coach Hill coached at Morrilton from 2003-2005 I believe, so there is some history there.

The 4 seed from the East probably has the worst matchup though. Traveling to Alma (assuming they win out) will be pretty rough.

GuvHog

Quote from: OB11 on October 18, 2016, 10:46:57 am
The Morrilton situation makes things very interesting for the first round of the playoffs.  Definitely not your typical 1 vs. 4 matchup.

Yep, if Morrilton does get the West 4th seed and loses to Wynne, the Devil Dog HC will probably catch some serious heat over not realizing that he had an ineligible player on his team costing them those 2 games.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2016, 08:53:10 am
It's likely  that it will happen, but you haven't beaten Batesville yet. You are playing them at home on homecoming after they were embarrassed by Wynne. Think they may have some motivation?
Believe me I haven't counted any chickens I was just saying that would be Blytheville's luck, to finally get a home playoff game and have to play what should be a 1 seed in the 1st round

wynnefootballfan

So how do us Eastees see it goin from here? I'm not surprised that Batesville played real tuff at home "they always do" I really did think the Chicks would get it there though. I see them finishing strong and Nettleton and F.C. can be wild cards. So any chatter? Lets hear from some of ya'll more in the know than me, which should be 4 outa 5 of ya'll  ;D

walkingguy72396

I really see Wynne, Blytheville, Batesville winning out.  Forrest gets to finish against Wynne and Blytheville.
Which will get them playoff ready if they do not get banged up.

The_Pioneer

Don't matter.  PA has already won. 

Overdahill

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 24, 2016, 05:48:27 pm
I really see Wynne, Blytheville, Batesville winning out.  Forrest gets to finish against Wynne and Blytheville.
Which will get them playoff ready if they do not get banged up.

So I guess for us in the east, the Blytheville v. Forrest City game is the last to carry some wieght. What are some thoughts on this one?

walkingguy72396

Chicks vs Mustangs.

After seeing the Mustangs last night.

I think the Mustangs will match up well with the Chicks.

Can they keep Clark out of the end zone will be the key.

I think the 2-4 East seeds could beat the other if they played again.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 29, 2016, 11:58:50 am
Chicks vs Mustangs.

After seeing the Mustangs last night.

I think the Mustangs will match up well with the Chicks.

Can they keep Clark out of the end zone will be the key.

I think the 2-4 East seeds could beat the other if they played again.

I would agree with that. I know the Chicks would like to have the Batesville game again from all I have been told from friends in Bly. As for the FC-Bly game, I bet it will be a fun athletic game to watch. I'll keep tabs on my phone.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas