• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma Vs Harrison

Started by AIREDALE25, October 15, 2016, 10:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AIREDALE25

It's Senior Night this week against Harrison. Alma has 2 though game coming up against Harrison and Greenbrier back to back. I'm think Alma wins 45-37

AT

I see a one score Alma win myself, although I don't think it will be that high scoring. I think the home field advantage is the difference here.

I could also see a statement win by Alma...2 or 3 score win. That will be tough, though.

PA Dad

I agree.  I think this will be a game in which the winner scores in the 30's.  I give the edge to Alma's defense.

Overdahill

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on October 15, 2016, 10:52:23 am
It's Senior Night this week against Harrison. Alma has 2 though game coming up against Harrison and Greenbrier back to back. I'm think Alma wins 45-37

Could be a trap game with GB game coming up next week but I think Alma wins it anyway

Go Postal

After seeing how many players went down with cramps in the barnburner game between Harrison and Greenbrier, Steve Perry takes time off from his worldwide adventures to teach his beloved Airedale on the dangers of "dehydration".
"Do as I say, not as I do.  Atta Good Boy!"

But seriously, IMO, last week's game win or loss had a lot to do with which team's two way players cramped from not preparing the whole week with hydration.  This week is no different.  Both teams need to drink plenty of fluids now and not just on game day.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Go Postal on October 18, 2016, 07:37:38 pm
After seeing how many players went down with cramps in the barnburner game between Harrison and Greenbrier, Steve Perry takes time off from his worldwide adventures to teach his beloved Airedale on the dangers of "dehydration".
"Do as I say, not as I do.  Atta Good Boy!"

But seriously, IMO, last week's game win or loss had a lot to do with which team's two way players cramped from not preparing the whole week with hydration.  This week is no different.  Both teams need to drink plenty of fluids now and not just on game day.

Here's where I addressed the team:

Go Postal

Caution to the Goblins that play football and soccer, don't be fooled by those strange other sports lines and markings on the Airedales new field.  Heck hasn't frozen over yet in Alma.  They are only an illusion to throw you off your game for this sport.   ;)   LOL.

P.F.G.

Should be a cold night with some good football. I'll say Alma by 10 but I'm would not be shocked if it was closer.

Go Postal

T2. Harrison: 6-1 (3-1); 39 tie-breaker points
T2. Alma: 4-3 (3-1); 39 tie-breaker points

Remember if you can not make it out to the beautiful Airedale Stadium, you can probably catch the live stream on the links below...

Airedale School District

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlmaSchools/feed?activity_view=1

GobTV

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJHnUsCDK3U6nuwV4emoPPA

Heck, watch both.  One on your game console or smart tv and the other one on your computer or smart phone.  Plus the games will be on your towns local radio station.

GO GOBS!!

Go Postal

Good write-up in today's local paper about Dotson and the Airedales.  Should be a good game.

Go Postal

Local radio on.  Check
GobTV on.  Check
Airedale channel on. Check

Let's get this puppy going...

Go Postal

That was the best game that I have seen Alma play all year.  Very well balanced by the Airedales.

woopork

Alma took some notes from Greenbrier and went to doing some cheap shots on the QB. Heck of a game played by Alma. Already the more physical team. Don't need any help from refs. Talk about pitiful. Great effort and execution by the Airedale players. I was impressed by how few mental mistakes they made.

Go Postal

Officiating was something.  I think that both coaches were starting to get upset about it.  I was listening to the local radio and watching the Harrison and the Alma live streams at the same time and they all seemed in agreement that there was a little excessive calling of fouls.  Almatrackster has done a excellent play by play on the Airedale thread.  Check it out and see what you think.

Deuceswild

Those were actually the Volleyball refs from the night before, had to be, cuz it seemed like they were officiating a different sport all together. A couple dirty players should have been ejected but never got called but yet a false start before the team was even set on the first play, it looked like home Cookin at first but it was truly just a poor officiating crew. Movin on!!!

AT

I have no idea what game some of you were watching, but there was no way that was home cooking. Alma had double digit penalties in a mercy rule win.

Just because a QB is getting frustrated every time he's getting hit in the backfield all night doesn't mean any player is dirty.

Deuceswild

I didn't say it was homecooking, it started to look that way in the beginning but it was obvious they just didn't know what they were doing, not knowing how to handle certain situations like "what down is it", Alma played well, Harrison didn't, I'm not blaming anyone for the loss except us. Blocking would have changed the outcome more than poor officiating but watch again and tell me that kid shouldn't have been ejected. You know what play I'm talking about

AT

Quote from: Deuceswild on October 22, 2016, 12:39:14 pm
I didn't say it was homecooking, it started to look that way in the beginning but it was obvious they just didn't know what they were doing, not knowing how to handle certain situations like "what down is it", Alma played well, Harrison didn't, I'm not blaming anyone for the loss except us. Blocking would have changed the outcome more than poor officiating but watch again and tell me that kid shouldn't have been ejected. You know what play I'm talking about

No, I really don't. The offsetting penalties on the punt wasn't shown on Alma's video. If you are talking about something else, I'd have to see it.

woopork

I'm not taking anything away from Alma, they played incredible. But our QB was getting hit away from the ball. In the back. And the penalties on ya'll were trying to even it out because the ref got his butt chewed during halftime. Go back and watch the game and watch away from the ball. There were multiple times were there were ineligible receivers downfield. They were tackling our DE's. I assure you it was bad.

AT

Alma had more penalties called in the first half then they did in the 2nd.

Quote from: woopork on October 22, 2016, 12:45:25 pm
I'm not taking anything away from Alma, they played incredible. But our QB was getting hit away from the ball. In the back. And the penalties on ya'll were trying to even it out because the ref got his butt chewed during halftime. Go back and watch the game and watch away from the ball. There were multiple times were there were ineligible receivers downfield. They were tackling our DE's. I assure you it was bad.

I do like it when people say this and then go on to take basically everything away from Alma.

I do think Steve Perry had said he had donated quite a bit to our Zebra Fund recently.

AT

I know at one point in the first half, the penalty count was Alma - 8, Harrison - 7.

If you don't want penalties called on you, though, you should probably tell your D-end to not line up offisdes over and over. It was clear to me on the video before they even called it the first time.

Metalhead

Quote from: Deuceswild on October 22, 2016, 12:11:51 pm
Those were actually the Volleyball refs from the night before, had to be, cuz it seemed like they were officiating a different sport all together. A couple dirty players should have been ejected but never got called but yet a false start before the team was even set on the first play, it looked like home Cookin at first but it was truly just a poor officiating crew. Movin on!!!
Dude, watch the video. The ball had already been marked and whistled ready for play and the center PICKED UP the ball. And not just a little, it was like a foot or two off the ground. You would think by week 8 a player would have been coached not to do that. Just spin the ball while it's on the ground if you want the laces in a different direction.

Deuceswild

Saw it when I watched the Alma version of the game, I never saw it from the stands tho, I was lookin thru a camera lens. Good call by the ref, maybe he should be "Ref of the week?"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas