• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blytheville @ Batesville

Started by Chief-Chickasaw, October 15, 2016, 09:46:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief-Chickasaw

Will Batesville rebound and likely take the 2 seed in the East or will Blytheville continue to roll and prove they are the 2nd best team in the East and get a home playoff game?

walkingguy72396

Batesville turf monster stayed at home last week.

Unless Blytheville commits turn-overs.  This is going to be another short night for the Pioneers.

#1jacketfan

They won't be able to stop Blythevilles running back, he's way to fast.

Deuceswild

MDXPHD

Blytheville wins unless they don't take care of the ball.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 15, 2016, 10:24:48 am
They won't be able to stop Blythevilles running back, he's way to fast.

Got word from a friend who was there last night. Clark, (#30) was helped off early in the second half with his lower leg wrapped up and taken to the hospital. So lets hope for the best there. As for the rest of the game, most of the 53 pts were scored by the QB and 10th & 11th grade RB's and a punt return. 4 Blyth TD's were called back. Aside from that, he said the score basically tells the rest.

Again after seeing both teams play. If Blytheville can prevent the big play and not turn over I say they win.

walkingguy72396

No Clark, could keep Batesville in the hunt for a home game.

He's just that good.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on October 15, 2016, 10:55:55 am
Got word from a friend who was there last night. Clark, (#30) was helped off early in the second half with his lower leg wrapped up and taken to the hospital. So lets hope for the best there. As for the rest of the game, most of the 53 pts were scored by the QB and 10th & 11th grade RB's and a punt return. 4 Blyth TD's were called back. Aside from that, he said the score basically tells the rest.

Again after seeing both teams play. If Blytheville can prevent the big play and not turn over I say they win.

Clark.should be fine. Took a helmet right on the knee. Pretty sure it's a bruise and he will be good to go. He went to the hospital as a precautions. 10th grade back Gunby stepped up and did fine. As long as he gets north and south he's really good. He's not as strong as Clark but I thing he is faster and more illusive. We will just have to move Smith over from LB when we need power. I hate I have to work and will miss this game.

The_Pioneer

The Chickasandwiches win easily. 

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on October 15, 2016, 12:38:54 pm
Clark.should be fine. Took a helmet right on the knee. Pretty sure it's a bruise and he will be good to go. He went to the hospital as a precautions. 10th grade back Gunby stepped up and did fine. As long as he gets north and south he's really good. He's not as strong as Clark but I thing he is faster and more illusive. We will just have to move Smith over from LB when we need power. I hate I have to work and will miss this game.

Good to hear, glad the kids not hurt bad. Ya'll have a number of guys that can outrun a rabbit.

Grond

Blytheville has a lot of advantages in this game, on offense and in the defensive secondary.

But Batesville has a lot of pride, and they are playing at Batesville. I think Batesville will put in a Special Effort to be ready for this game.

I agree that Turnovers will be big. If Batesville can get some momentum, they can make a tough night for Blytheville. Also interesting to see if the Batesville coaches can come up with a 'working' strategy against Blytheville.

Youngsta71701

wynnefootballfan

I will deffinatlly be following this one on my phone. Ya'll who will be there keep us posted on here. Any updates on Clark?

MDXPHD

Saw where Clark is OK and will play vs Batesville. Good news for Blytheville.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 20, 2016, 10:44:48 am
Saw where Clark is OK and will play vs Batesville. Good news for Blytheville.

For sure, good for him. Should be a good game. I'm gonna say Bly by anywhere from 1 to 17 pts. lol.. You can probably tell I'm not a betting man..

Chief-Chickasaw

Will someone post a link so I can watch the game I'll be stuck at work

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on October 21, 2016, 11:37:56 am
Will someone post a link so I can watch the game I'll be stuck at work

Batesville only video streams away games live I believe. I'll post a link to the audio if that helps.

MikeDieselâ„¢

I remember watching the stream a couple years ago over there.  Some QB y'all had just ran all over us real quick.

MDXPHD

Quote from: MikeDieselâ„¢ on October 21, 2016, 01:53:59 pm
I remember watching the stream a couple years ago over there.  Some QB y'all had just ran all over us real quick.

They did stream all games a couple of years ago but they don't anymore. I guess it has something to do with attendance.

MDXPHD

Jacketalum07

MDXPHD

Just an audio stream. Blytheville has blocks two punts and got most of their points off them.

Jacketalum07

Sounds like a good game! Wish I could watch it online.

MDXPHD

MDXPHD

MDXPHD

Wasn't a bad game. A well executed onside from Batesville was the difference maker.

NEASPORTSFAN

Blytheville led 30-18 late and had all but put Batesville away, but the Pioneers scored 15 points in 12 seconds to steal the win. Crazy.

ISU7

That's why you play the game.😜😋😷😎

The_Pioneer

Boy, Alma still has nightmares about a game like that at Pioneer Stadium....

Chief-Chickasaw

Congratulations Batesville big win for y'all.  Game sounded fun on the radio.  Your radio guys were funny.

Overdahill

The_Pioneer

I guess their Pioneer crush is warranted??

walkingguy72396

Did any one see where King hides that switch that makes punts go nearly straight up and go for about 8 yards.  Or the one that makes on-side kicks roll just right. 

The_Pioneer

NEASPORTSFAN

October 22, 2016, 11:42:59 am #34 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 11:46:29 am by phstiger
Was really a bizarre game. Batesville raced out to an 11-0 lead, then blytheville blocked a punt for a touchdown. Batesville scored to make it 18-6, but then blytheville took over an scored 24 straight points while batesville did nothing on offense except get in its own way. Blytheville blocked a second punt for a safety, and it looked like the rout was on. Then, out of nowhere batesville connects on a 23 yard TD pass, gets the onside kick, and on the first play busts a 50 yard TD run. The whole game turned in 12 seconds. Blytheville still had plenty of time and batesville had struggled to stop #30 from running, but blytheville seemed to hit the panic button and went away from the run game. Their passing game is not good. On 4th down they decided to punt, which I thought was crazy to begin with, because batesville could basically run out the clock with 1 first down. The kid kicked it straught up in the air. Batesville then ran out the clock. This game was much like the watson chapel game last year and the alma playoff game a few years back, with the Pioneers celebrating and fireworks going off over the white river, and the opponent, all but assured of a victory left scratching their heads like, how the heck did that just happen? Just another friday night at Pioneer Stadium.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 22, 2016, 08:43:46 am
Did any one see where King hides that switch that makes punts go nearly straight up and go for about 8 yards.  Or the one that makes on-side kicks roll just right.
Buffalo Wild wings

Rampage72501

Play of the game was the punter, sophomore Said Bernal, not giving up on the 2nd blocked punt and covering the football in the end zone when the Blytheville player couldn't recover it.  His effort on that play saved 4 points in what turned out to be a 3 point victory.

Also have to give props to sophomore Kadar Floyd for being the next man up when both Hall and Robinson went down with injuries.  Floyd ran like a man possessed, including the game winning 50 yard run where he broke a tackle and then turned on the jets.

NEASPORTSFAN

Yes, great hustle play and agreed, that young man impressed.

Grond

AT

The sign of a great program is that even in your very down years, you can, in all likelihood, still host a playoff game. Great coaching year by Coach King.

Chief-Chickasaw

Proud of my Chicks. They fought through never gave up and got she'll shocked by 2 quick TDs at the end. Hat's off to Batesville now let's all go represent the East in the playoffs

Rampage72501

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on October 22, 2016, 01:45:06 pm
Proud of my Chicks. They fought through never gave up and got she'll shocked by 2 quick TDs at the end. Hat's off to Batesville now let's all go represent the East in the playoffs

Playoff seeding still isn't completely set in either conference, but should things play out the way many think they will, the West 2 team better buckle up for the Chicks...

NEASPORTSFAN

Agreed. Chicks will be a tough out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas