• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Call me crazy, but...

Started by Chief_Osceola™, October 14, 2016, 09:08:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

I'm feeling really confident about the rest of the season for Maumelle.  I think our guys turned a corner against Clarksville.  Defensively, I think it started at Vilonia.  Even though the Panthers are having a tough season, last Friday was the best I've seen the Hornets look. As I've said all season, we're young, but our young guys are growing up and are starting to get it.  My bold prediction - Maumelle will make the playoffs.  We showed some flashes on offense against Wynne & Greenbrier, and the defense was pretty great at Vilonia.  Now we just have to put everything together and execute for an entire game.  Morrilton will be tough no doubt.  Speaking of that - Morrilton fans, enjoy the new visitor bleachers.  You had some great fans last year, and I'll kinda miss talking with some of you.

Alright, time to shift gears and clear the air a bit.  Plenty of people around town have inquired as to my identity.  It may be the worst-kept secret in Maumelle.  There aren't exactly hundreds of FSU fans in town.  I'll say this - if you think you know me, you're probably right.  With that being said, coaches, players, parents, fans, etc. - good luck the rest of the way.  I'm excited about the rest of the season and the future of Hornet football.  We'll get back to the top.

Marblehog

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Marblehog on October 14, 2016, 09:15:33 am
What up Crazy?

Stay tuned.  I may have completely lost my mind, or I may be crazy like a fox.

Go Postal

Loco en la cabeza.  Next thing you might say that in some bizzaro world is that the Goblins are currently 6-0.  Oh...  Never mind. Carry on, you're fine.  LOL :-\

Chief_Osceola™

See everyone - Postal gets it. It's called the Wild West for a reason. Just when you think you've got it figured out, BAM something crazy happens.

Look A Here

Do you only need two conference wins in the west to make the playoffs?  Because with who they have left I only see Farmington as a win and that's a maybe.  I just think they are about to hit a rough stretch.

mohawk

Is it possible that Harrison could be 3-3 going to play Farmington? Just a thought....

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Look A Here on October 14, 2016, 10:47:58 am
Do you only need two conference wins in the west to make the playoffs?  Because with who they have left I only see Farmington as a win and that's a maybe.  I just think they are about to hit a rough stretch.

Are you suggesting NLR, Wynne, and Greenbrier 3 of the first 4 games wasn't a 'rough stretch'?

mohawk

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 14, 2016, 10:53:13 am
Are you suggesting NLR, Wynne, and Greenbrier 3 of the first 4 games wasn't a 'rough stretch'?

What about LR Mills?

Look A Here

No was talking about the remaining schedule.  That's what I thought this post was about.  But if you want to talk about pre-confrence match-ups and 1st Conference game, then yes this would be the 2nd rough stretch.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: mohawk on October 14, 2016, 10:57:16 am
What about LR Mills?

What about them? We beat them handily on the field but had to forfeit due to mistakenly playing an ineligible player. Please tell me you didn't just look at the score and thought they shut us out. Look, I've said it from the beginning - Maumelle is young, but has a lot of athleticism. The sophomores are growing up and are more acclimated to the speed of the game. We are not the same team we were 2-3 weeks ago.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Look A Here on October 14, 2016, 11:00:24 am
No was talking about the remaining schedule.  That's what I thought this post was about.  But if you want to talk about pre-confrence match-ups and 1st Conference game, then yes this would be the 2nd rough stretch.

Oh it's gonna be tough, but I like the direction our team is going. I only mentioned the first part of the season because it was the 2nd toughest SoS in the state in 5A. It forced our group to grow up fast. They will not see anything the rest of the way that will be better than NLR or Wynne. Those are 2 really good teams.

MDXPHD

Where are all of these new posters coming from? Did some state grant give high schools some new computers or something?

the voice

So you're predicting a maumelle win tonight?

Chief_Osceola™

mohawk

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 14, 2016, 11:02:01 am
What about them? We beat them handily on the field but had to forfeit due to mistakenly playing an ineligible player. Please tell me you didn't just look at the score and thought they shut us out. Look, I've said it from the beginning - Maumelle is young, but has a lot of athleticism. The sophomores are growing up and are more acclimated to the speed of the game. We are not the same team we were 2-3 weeks ago.

Why did that kid not play against Wynne or NLR?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: mohawk on October 14, 2016, 12:03:31 pm
Why did that kid not play against Wynne or NLR?

He may have (I don't remember), but it wasn't at QB. They were both losses anyway so that's a moot point.

jimmyt

The only team that Maumelle could beat out of the playoffs is Harrison and they already have 3 wins. I could see Maumelle beating them but Harrison will beat Farmington.
Morrilton will win out.
Greenbrier will get in.
Alma will probably win the conference.

Maumelle should have beaten Vilonia... If they did, I could see them getting in but now I don't see it happening.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: jimmyt on October 14, 2016, 01:50:48 pm
The only team that Maumelle could beat out of the playoffs is Harrison and they already have 3 wins. I could see Maumelle beating them but Harrison will beat Farmington.
Morrilton will win out.
Greenbrier will get in.
Alma will probably win the conference.

Maumelle should have beaten Vilonia... If they did, I could see them getting in but now I don't see it happening.

If Maumelle wins out, they'll be sitting at 5-2.  A loss tonight makes it a little tougher but not impossible.  Winning out in that scenario would have us at 4-3 with head-to-head over Harrison and Alma.  We'd have to hope one of those 2 is also sitting at 4-3.  I agree the loss at Vilonia hurt, but it was a good learning experience for our young group.

jimmyt

With all due respect, If you couldn't beat Greenbrier or Vilonia then you probably won't beat Morrilton or Alma.. But that's why we play the game.. Good Luck!

And were you around during the Oak Grove days?

Chief_Osceola™

October 14, 2016, 02:03:47 pm #20 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:24:45 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: jimmyt on October 14, 2016, 01:58:34 pm
With all due respect, If you couldn't beat Greenbrier or Vilonia then you probably won't beat Morrilton or Alma.. But that's why we play the game.. Good Luck!

And were you around during the Oak Grove days?

I wasn't.  I'm relatively new to Maumelle.

As for Vilonia and Greenbrier - we could've won both of those games.  We didn't execute defensively against Greenbrier, and we didn't execute offensively against Vilonia.  Plus the officiating was awful at Vilonia - it wasn't home-cooking though.  Vilonia had it just as bad as we did.  No one could get into any kind of rhythm.  There have been some growing pains, but I think they're starting to figure it out. 

BTW, check your messages. You've got mail!

vtown1

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 14, 2016, 02:03:47 pm
Plus the officiating was awful at Vilonia - it wasn't home-cooking though.  Vilonia had it just as bad as we did.  No one could get into any kind of rhythm.

Absolutely true. That was the worst officiating crew that I have seen all year.

Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season.

Deuceswild

October 14, 2016, 06:10:25 pm #22 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:42:01 am by Deuceswild
 :-X

Go Postal

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 14, 2016, 02:03:47 pm
I wasn't.  I'm relatively new to Maumelle.

As for Vilonia and Greenbrier - we could've won both of those games.  We didn't execute defensively against Greenbrier, and we didn't execute offensively against Vilonia.  Plus the officiating was awful at Vilonia
We have always known it as the place that the Yellow Canaries like to fly in abundance.

Chief_Osceola™

Just an FYI...Morrilton is GOOD, y'all.  They're like a mirror image of Wynne, except they throw the ball a little more.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 20, 2016, 09:53:24 am
Just an FYI...Morrilton is GOOD, y'all.  They're like a mirror image of Wynne, except they throw the ball a little more.

I think you're crazy.

Just a little is right. Wynne throws like 4 times per game. Max. He was 1 for 2 against Batesville and it was a touchdown.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 20, 2016, 10:13:12 am
I think you're crazy.

Just a little is right. Wynne throws like 4 times per game. Max. He was 1 for 2 against Batesville and it was a touchdown.

Obviously I am. But I still like the way the rest of the regular season shapes up.

I think they attempted maybe 3 passes against Maumelle and completed 1 I think.

Overdahill

Chief, what happened? You used to be one of the sanest people on this board? ???

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Overdahill on October 20, 2016, 09:04:45 pm
Chief, what happened? You used to be one of the sanest people on this board? ???

I still am. I may have had a spot of temporary insanity, or I may still be right. If we win tomorrow, we're still in the hunt and the latter still applies; if we lose then it was me taking crazy pills and the former applies. I have my reasons for my optimism - I'll PM you in the morning.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas