• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison @ Greenbrier

Started by Gob-Fan, October 11, 2016, 07:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gob-Fan

Big game for both teams. Winner should get a home playoff game. Thoughts or predictions? Go Gobs!

PA Dad

I think this will be a very competitive game, but I'm going with Harrison.

Go Postal

TELL MAMA CAT TO GET THE BRUSH TRIMMERS...

...THE GOBLIN IS ONCE AGAIN IN THE BRAIR PATCH!

These two teams have played each other 15 times in the past.
Harrison leads series, 10-5-0
Last year Harrison won 35-0 at Greenbrier.
The Panthers were suffering some injuries at the time.
With the reprieve from Morrilton, both teams are currently tied
for the West 1st seed with both teams yet to play Alma.
Their current 2016 Stats are as follows:

Harrison Golden Goblins
Conf Win % 1.000 (3-0) Overall 6-0-0 Tiebreakers 39

09-02 Mountain Home  W, 21 - 13   
09-09 at Siloam Springs  W, 39 - 19   
09-16 Little Rock Christian  W, 28 - 21   

09-23 at Morrilton  W, 7 - 48  Tiebreakers 13
09-30 Clarksville  W, 26 - 0  Tiebreakers 13
10-07 Vilonia  W, 38 - 6  Tiebreakers 13

Greenbrier Panthers
Conf Win % 1.000 (3-0) Overall 5-1-0 Tiebreakers 33

09-02 Beebe  W, 54 - 33   
09-09 at Heber Springs  W, 52 - 41
09-16 at Benton  L, 21 - 58

09-23 at Maumelle  W, 41 - 34  Tiebreakers 7
09-30 at Morrilton  W, 27 - 35  Tiebreakers 13
10-07 at Farmington  W, 41 - 14  Tiebreakers 13

Will the Panthers fantastic QB and Offense be able to handle the
Goblins outstanding Defense that loves to cause many turnovers of the
other teams offense during the game?

Will the two-headed Goblin QB and multiple RBs be able to
outwit the Panthers steadfast Defense?

Whose Special Team will cause the most turnovers and prevail
for the most points for PATs, FGs and Kick Returns for TDs?

This should be a great game.  Comments and insights?

Austin.Sutton

bobcat81

Unlike last year the Panthers show up and win a close one at home. 

Deuceswild

Should be an exciting one but my gut and heart both go with Harrison on this one. Talent keeps climbing but will be challenged in all 3 phases of the game. Can't wait to see it unfold.

pantherblue

The Panthers by 6 at home. Go big blue!!!

Go Postal

Goblins special teams make the winning points.

AIREDALE25

Alma is playing Harrison for Senior Night next week then Greenbrier the week after. Therefore two though games that Alma has to win. But i think this game will be interesting I'm going Greenbrier 24-22

the voice

I don't think you get 13 tie breaker points in a forfeit.

Whoever wins this is in drivers seat for 1 seed. Looking forward to it.

Go Postal

Quote from: the voice on October 12, 2016, 02:37:01 pm
I don't think you get 13 tie breaker points in a forfeit.

Whoever wins this is in drivers seat for 1 seed. Looking forward to it.
I pulled the stats right off fearlessfriday.  I haven't checked in the AAA handbook yet, but I think you do. ;)

the voice

A forfeit is usually a 2-0 score

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: the voice on October 12, 2016, 03:07:49 pm
A forfeit is usually a 2-0 score

It was listed as 13-0 on the one Maumelle forfeited.

the voice

Ok spoke with AAA on page 30, yes in the event of a tie they would get 13 points

MoTownDog

I've seen both teams play this year.  Greenbrier wins this one.  Harrison won't be undefeated again.

Go Postal

I haven't had a chance to see 'Briar play yet.  I tried to find a video of the Panthers.  I thought that Farmington might have the game at Farmcard Live on youtube, but didn't. (Though I did get to see the 'Dales play the Redbirds).  I would believe that their QB is a fine player like his brother was in '09-'11. (Their grandma lives in Harrison and speaks highly of them)  I was just wondering what the rest of the team was like.
Like I said earlier, I heard that Greenbrier wasn't 100% for last year's game.  This year, Greenbrier and Harrison still have the same QBs with one more year of experience and we will see who can pull out the win.
Matter of fact, here is some scores from previous years...
        Har  Gre
2015 35    0
2014 38   48
2013 43   47
2012 31   41
2011  7   42
2010  7   35

and of course my son's Senior TD in..
2009 35   20

mohawk

Harrison should be worried this week. It has to be in the back of their minds that Morrilton actually beat them 48-7, not the other way around and Greenbrier played Morrilton close a couple of weeks ago. Greenbrier could make a statement in the west Friday night.

Go Postal

No worries.  Anybody can beat anyone on any given night in the West.  You forget that Harrison played in the "Old West" along with Morrilton, Greenbrier and Vilonia.  The only thing that us 4 teams had to worry about back then to get a playoff berth was four words...

Greenwood, Siloam Springs, Alma ;)

woopork

Ya'll act like the game shouldn't even be played because of that. Last year Harrison lost to Morrilton 42-14. Greenbrier beat Morrilton 30-28. Harrison then beat Greenbrier 35-0... So the logic there?

Harrison +35 to Greenbrier, Greenbrier +2 to Morrilton, Morrilton +28 to Harrison, Harrison +65 to Harrison.

devildog53

Quote from: Go Postal on October 12, 2016, 07:47:52 pm
I haven't had a chance to see 'Briar play yet.  I tried to find a video of the Panthers.  I thought that Farmington might have the game at Farmcard Live on youtube, but didn't. (Though I did get to see the 'Dales play the Redbirds). 

Here's the Morrilton/Greenbrier game from this year.

pantherblue

Thanks DD!  Love your recordings of the games.

mohawk

Quote from: Go Postal on October 12, 2016, 09:09:34 pm
No worries.  Anybody can beat anyone on any given night in the West.  You forget that Harrison played in the "Old West" along with Morrilton, Greenbrier and Vilonia.  The only thing that us 4 teams had to worry about back then to get a playoff berth was four words...

Greenwood, Siloam Springs, Alma ;)
No sir I remember the "Old West" very well actually. It was very tough and you're correct, those four words were good every year. I also remember the Goblins finishing either 3-4 or 4-3 every year for several years. I'm sure they're well aware that Greenbrier isn't a slob of a team.

Go Postal

I'll be watching GobTV for this game but I do miss the days of sitting next to Pantherblue watching GOBS and 'Briar play.

Go Postal

Quote from: devildog53 on October 13, 2016, 07:29:24 am
Here's the Morrilton/Greenbrier game from this year.

Thanks I'll watch it when I get home.
Does MCC6 have a live feed? So I can add it to the other West's streaming channels.

devildog53

Quote from: Go Postal on October 13, 2016, 03:11:18 pm
Thanks I'll watch it when I get home.
Does MCC6 have a live feed? So I can add it to the other West's streaming channels.

No, they are tape delayed.  Usually try to have them up by Monday morning.

There's two links to get to that page.  http://www.morriltoncommunitychannel6.com or https://vimeo.com/mcc6

Go Postal

Homecoming at Greenbrier.  GobTV link is below...

Gob-Fan

Go Postal

Quote from: Gob-Fan on October 14, 2016, 08:12:04 pm
What a half!!!

Here is it in a nutshell..
Panthers receive kickoff

Harrison Golden Goblins  0
Greenbrier Panthers  7
8:57 left in 1st.  'briar 18 yd TD run.  Pat good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  7
Greenbrier Panthers  7
5:11 left in 1st.  Gobs answer with 16 yd TD pass.  Pat good.

Greenbrier Panthers  14
2:48 left in 1st.  'briar 25 yd QB TD run.  Pat good.

Greenbrier Panthers  21
44 secs in 1st.  'Briar 42 yd TD pass.  Pat good.  penalty on gobs.  briar kicks off on gobs 45 yd line.

Greenbrier Panthers  21
End of 1st.

Harrison Golden Goblins  15
Greenbrier Panthers  21
Still in 2nd.  Gobs 1 yd TD pass.  Gobs Fumble on Pat, Gobs pick it up and pass good for 2 pt conv.

Harrison Golden Goblins  15
Greenbrier Panthers  28
4:54 left in half.  'Briar 10yd catch and TD run.  Pat good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  22
Greenbrier Panthers  28
2:25 left in half.  Gobs 3 yd TD run.  Pat good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  29
Greenbrier Panthers  28
1:17 in half.  Gobs takes lead with 7 yd QB TD run.  Pat good.  Barnburner.

Harrison Golden Goblins  29
Greenbrier Panthers  28
Half.  Whew.  What a game.  Gobs will receive after half.

Unofficial offense yardage in 1st half. :o
Greenbrier 301
Harrison 274

Go Postal

October 14, 2016, 10:03:49 pm #28 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:12:33 pm by Go Postal
Harrison receives.

Harrison Golden Goblins  36
Greenbrier Panthers  28
Beginning of 3rd.  Gobs 19 yd TD run.  Pat good.

Greenbrier Panthers  34
6:21 in 3rd.  'Briar 26 yd TD pass.  Pat BLOCKED!

Greenbrier Panthers  34
end of 3.  Gobs turnover on down at briar 4 yd.  Briar move down to Gobs 8.

Greenbrier Panthers  42
11:56 in 4th.  Briar 8 yd TD pass.  QB 2pt conv run good.  penalty on Briar will be done on kickoff.

Harrison Golden Goblins  43
Greenbrier Panthers  42
8:06 left in game.  Gobs QB 14 yd TD run.  PAT good.

Greenbrier Panthers  48
3:06 left.  'Briar 2 yd TD run.  2 pt conv no good.

Greenbrier Panthers  48
Final.  Heck of a defensive game in the last 1:48 minutes.  Great game by both teams.

Unofficial stats for game..

Greenbrier QB 14-19 in passing for 194 yards.  Panthers had 370 rushing yards.  Panthers Total Offensive 564 yards. :o ;D

Harrison duo QBs 3-3 and 2-8 in passing for 108 yards.  Goblins had 379 rushing yards.  Goblins Total Offensive 487 yards. :o ;D

This was one fabulous 5A West shootout!

woopork

Can I get an unbiased opinion on the reffing of this game?

Go Postal

Quote from: woopork on October 15, 2016, 01:44:24 am
Can I get an unbiased opinion on the reffing of this game?
I counted 10 penalties on Harrison and 7 penalties on Greenbrier.  I'll have to go back and watch the game to see, but they seemed confused on where the right spot was to put the ball sometimes.

Deuceswild

Well mine is a biased one but educated one. There should have been a pass interference call on GB in the first qtr and they targeted our QB 2 times and thought at least one should have resulted in an ejection. but for the most part I will say GB came out with more energy in the second half than us. Key injuries slowed our roll. I wont blame the refs tho. Every game has those mistakes. Think I will donate 6 gallons of water every Thursday night to the kids that play both ways. Cant cramp up in 3rd qtr and expect to play at 100%. No lack of effort but perhaps lack of preparation? This was our first REAL shootout of the year and now we know what to expect if there is going to be 1200 yards of offense between 2 teams. LOVE the HEART these kids played with. reminded me of the Ozark Game from 3 years ago. NOW that game ended with a bad call. LOL!!! Remember, we never Lose, we either Win or we Learn. This household is shifting focus onto our next big game, I can assure you of that! Deuces  8)

woopork

Quote from: Go Postal on October 15, 2016, 05:08:23 am
I counted 10 penalties on Harrison and 7 penalties on Greenbrier.  I'll have to go back and watch the game to see, but they seemed confused on where the right spot was to put the ball sometimes.

I believe it was 13-3

Gob-Fan

The targeting on Goblin #12 is completely unacceptable. Very unsportsmanlike. Both times he was not part of the play when he got cheap shots. First time was it was not called. Second one cost GB about 40 yards. #12 also got clotheslined that cost GB another unsportsmanlike penalty but at least that was part of the play. I know it will be looked into but I doubt anything comes of it. Great game just hate they did that.

woopork

I respect Coach Tribble a lot and know he is not teaching that, but after watching the game again, at least one of their players was looking to find our QB away from the ball to hurt them. It looked like old Vilonia with that kid.

Deuceswild

Stats are posted, pics are posted to Facebook but nothing looked incriminating from when they tackled 12, like I thought it would be. Harrison had 100yds of penalties. We gotta do better. Wish it was the other way but perhaps it's gearing us up for next week?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas