• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkview coaches kneeling during anthem, lack of leadership why they are 1-4?

Started by Sigmund Sauer, October 11, 2016, 07:45:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmund Sauer

walkingguy72396

When you are in a position to represent yourself do what you want.

When your presence at an event where the National Anthem is going to be played as a symbol of how we are all free to gather together.  You do what best reflects the entity who is paying you to be there.

JohnBarleycorn

Parkview's head coach is a former police officer and was unaware of the assistant's actions until later. He RESPECTS the American Flag and what it stands for. This is not a lack of leadership.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on October 11, 2016, 08:16:49 am
Parkview's head coach is a former police officer and was unaware of the assistant's actions until later. He RESPECTS the American Flag and what it stands for. This is not a lack of leadership.

Glad to hear that, and appreciate the info, but I would suspect that 3 assistant coaches on a program constitutes leadership, maybe they just don't respect the head coach.

FD4

I proudly stand during the National Anthem, I salute the flag, I am in favor of the pledge of allegiance before any and all public assemblies, I am in favor of prayer in the name of Jesus Christ before any and all public assemblies, I am in favor of the posting of the Ten Commandments on all public buildings.

I am not in favor of anything contrite to our liberty, freedom, values, morals, nor anything that would stand in the way of Christian beliefs which founded this great nation and has stood  for ALL who want to join our God Given rights to be a success no matter what the race, religion or ethnic value.

I do not believe for one second, it is in the best interest of anyone, to repeatedly act on something as if the edification of the acts of a few reflect the entire nation as a whole.  No sir, not in the least.  If you don't like what we have here, and can't stand united with everyone else, MOVE TO CANADA or MEXICO! 

The A-Team

Quote from: FD4 on October 11, 2016, 08:42:21 am
I proudly stand during the National Anthem, I salute the flag, I am in favor of the pledge of allegiance before any and all public assemblies, I am in favor of prayer in the name of Jesus Christ before any and all public assemblies, I am in favor of the posting of the Ten Commandments on all public buildings.

I am not in favor of anything contrite to our liberty, freedom, values, morals, nor anything that would stand in the way of Christian beliefs which founded this great nation and has stood  for ALL who want to join our God Given rights to be a success no matter what the race, religion or ethnic value.

I do not believe for one second, it is in the best interest of anyone, to repeatedly act on something as if the edification of the acts of a few reflect the entire nation as a whole.  No sir, not in the least.  If you don't like what we have here, and can't stand united with everyone else, MOVE TO CANADA or MEXICO!
Well said.

Vteagle

As a retired Vetran, I applaud as well, very well said!  THANK YOU!!

AirWarren

Mediocre coaching. Mediocre team. Medicore school. Mediocre humans.

Instead of kneeling, do something really proactive.

Oldbadger

I'm am a retired veteran myself.  It really bothers me to see this happen.  I have had friends and relatives who died supporting that anthem and that flag. Therefore, they died and fought for THEIR right to do this.  That doesn't make it any easier to accept their slap in the face of those who fought and died.  I try to understand their reasoning, and, for the life of me, I can't. The only thing this does is foment more divisiveness and anger.  Most successful team members and coaches don't do this, although a few may that I am not aware of. So., as a result, I came up with this saying, "If you can't coach, kneel; if you don't play, kneel; if you can't win, kneel".  Kneelers are, evidently, loosers.

razortrack

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2016, 09:21:22 am
Mediocre coaching. Mediocre team. Medicore school. Mediocre humans.

Instead of kneeling, do something really proactive.

That staff is doing the best job that they can considering all of the obstacles in front of them coaching in LRSD. As far as the school, Parkview consistently has higher test scores than Warren.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 11, 2016, 10:42:04 am
Someone call John Walker

He is probably out filming arrests and causing public disturbances.  He can't be bothered with this.

razortrack

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 11, 2016, 09:36:06 am
I'm am a retired veteran myself.  It really bothers me to see this happen.  I have had friends and relatives who died supporting that anthem and that flag. Therefore, they died and fought for THEIR right to do this.  That doesn't make it any easier to accept their slap in the face of those who fought and died.  I try to understand their reasoning, and, for the life of me, I can't. The only thing this does is foment more divisiveness and anger.  Most successful team members and coaches don't do this, although a few may that I am not aware of. So., as a result, I came up with this saying, "If you can't coach, kneel; if you don't play, kneel; if you can't win, kneel".  Kneelers are, evidently, loosers.

They exercised their right to peacefully protest. They have immediate family members who are lawyers and veterans. I assure you they know exactly what rights they hold as citizens of this country. Anyone most certainly has the right to peacefully protest an ongoing issue in this country. I understand most of the people in Beebe never have to deal with this particular issue, but for one to say that they don't understand why someone would want to protest the rampant injustice going on in this country is another issue within itself. These coaches were exercising a right that their own family members practice and have fought for and that should not spark anger. A true Patriot would never have an issue with another citizen exercising a right. Kneeling is exercising a right. Standing is exercising a right. Neither is disrespectful to any one individual. On the contrary, both acts show respect to those who have fought so that we all have equal rights and equal justice.

razortrack

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on October 11, 2016, 11:26:25 am
He is probably out filming arrests and causing public disturbances.  He can't be bothered with this.

Filming arrests is legal, especially from the opposite side of the street. He did not cause a public disturbance in doing so, which is why those charges were dropped.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: razortrack on October 11, 2016, 11:30:26 am
They exercised their right to peacefully protest. They have immediate family members who are lawyers and veterans. I assure you they know exactly what rights they hold as citizens of this country. Anyone most certainly has the right to peacefully protest an ongoing issue in this country. I understand most of the people in Beebe never have to deal with this particular issue, but for one to say that they don't understand why someone would want to protest the rampant injustice going on in this country is another issue within itself. These coaches were exercising a right that their own family members practice and have fought for and that should not spark anger. A true Patriot would never have an issue with another citizen exercising a right. Kneeling is exercising a right. Standing is exercising a right. Neither is disrespectful to any one individual. On the contrary, both acts show respect to those who have fought so that we all have equal rights and equal justice.

It was good to see the players had better judgement and practiced their right to act with class and dignity.

AirWarren

What do you mean no one in Beebe has to deal with this particular issue?

Why aren't you protesting when black males are shooting up other black males on a daily basis in Little Rock? Where were you and these coaches when the young black female was shot multiple times the other night on the corner of kanis?

Or does it only matter when it's black vs some other race?

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: razortrack on October 11, 2016, 11:34:11 am
Filming arrests is legal, especially from the opposite side of the street. He did not cause a public disturbance in doing so, which is why those charges were dropped.

As I read the article concerning this, he was asked to back up from the scene of the arrest and failed to comply.  Once again, an influential person setting the example that you only comply with police officer if you agree with them. 

We all know why the charges were dropped......  I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

busterdouglas

Since their salary is paid by state and federal funding, maybe a better protest would be to not except money from such a heinous organization until things are better.  Or maybe if they want to effect real change that could take actual action, like arranging meetings between police and their team to help relationships.

AirWarren

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on October 11, 2016, 11:45:27 am
As I read the article concerning this, he was asked to back up from the scene of the arrest and failed to comply.  Once again, an influential person setting the example that you only comply with police officer if you agree with them. 

We all know why the charges were dropped......  I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

No, John Walker is garbage too. Him stating to the police department that "I just want to file a complaint on the white officers" shows his views. Racist views.

How dare an officer enforce obstruction of justice.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: busterdouglas on October 11, 2016, 11:46:12 am
Since their salary is paid by state and federal funding, maybe a better protest would be to not except money from such a heinous organization until things are better.  Or maybe if they want to effect real change that could take actual action, like arranging meetings between police and their team to help relationships.
+1 Exactly. Like a team lunch with the local LE. I think that's a great idea and would actually be productive in some manner. All they did was bascially scream "look at me," for attention. Ironic that they did it at an away game as well.

walkingguy72396

I am a Veteran.  I agree with exercising the right of expression.

When done in a manner that can only be taken as an expression of your own feelings.

This kneeling should be done away from the team unless the whole team has chosen to take a knee.  I believe the team should have a say so in how the team wants to behave during the playing of the National Anthem.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2016, 11:49:23 am
No, John Walker is garbage too. Him stating to the police department that "I just want to file a complaint on the white officers" shows his views. Racist views.

How dare an officer enforce obstruction of justice.

Silly AirWarren, you know racist only come in one color
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oldbadger

I've said it before, why not be proactive and play the anthem prior to the team coming out.  Most games I have attended this year, that is the case. Most were doing this prior to all this kneeling.  I do not have any thing against peaceful protest, but, just how they are doing it only divides rather than unites.  Express their feelings in ways where all can join in.  Lord, I would hate to live in a country that didn't allow this. 

AirWarren

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2016, 11:43:24 am
What do you mean no one in Beebe has to deal with this particular issue?

Why aren't you protesting when black males are shooting up other black males on a daily basis in Little Rock? Where were you and these coaches when the young black female was shot multiple times the other night on the corner of kanis?

Or does it only matter when it's black vs some other race?

Still waiting on that cat to answer my questions. May have decided log off before his toes got stepped on too much.

sevenof400

They exercised their right to peacefully protest. etc, etc...

I could see this point IF they were doing so on their own time.  As it is, they were representing their employer and in that capacity their rights are limited.

Theses coaches should be terminated as they have likely violated school policy.

Grond

I must stand for the National Anthem. I believe it shows an important lesson to our children to stand.

I don't really like the kneeling, but I believe it is their Right. I also confess that these actions bring up an important discussion for our society.

AirWarren

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 11, 2016, 12:20:19 pm
I could see this point IF they were doing so on their own time.  As it is, they were representing their employer and in that capacity their rights are limited.

Theses coaches should be terminated as they have likely violated school policy.

A black employee being fired from the LRSD? The ghosts of 1960 still haunt that district. Good luck.

sevenof400

Quote from: Grond on October 11, 2016, 12:23:08 pm
I don't really like the kneeling, but I believe it is their Right. I also confess that these actions bring up an important discussion for our society.

The problem is where they chose to express their political views is forbidden by their employment policy. 

As far as being an important topic to discuss in our society, I'd include the topic of why people cannot follow the law.  Lawfulness does not originate from lawlessness.

Chief_Osceola™

Just so I'm clear - what is the "ongoing issue" you're referring to?

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 11, 2016, 01:56:58 pm

While we are asking? What makes Beebe exempt from this "ongoing issue"?

blueandwhite

Many of my friends who are currently active or are veterans see nothing wrong with people kneeling. They say that this is those individuals right. They fought for these people to have the right to do this.

The problem I have is that I am sure the schools have policies on teachers expressing their political views. If they allow this, then they need allow the English teacher to wear their Trump or Hillary pin in class.

FYI- I don't agree with the kneeling during the national anthem. I think it is disrespectful

GuvHog

Quote from: blueandwhite on October 11, 2016, 02:59:52 pm
Many of my friends who are currently active or are veterans see nothing wrong with people kneeling. They say that this is those individuals right. They fought for these people to have the right to do this.

The problem I have is that I am sure the schools have policies on teachers expressing their political views. If they allow this, then they need allow the English teacher to wear their Trump or Hillary pin in class.

FYI- I don't agree with the kneeling during the national anthem. I think it is disrespectful

If they are on there own time and want to kneel when the national Anthem is played, that's their business and their right. They however, were NOT on their own time, they were on the SCHOOL'S time so that right does not exist and they should indeed be terminated for it.

TNT_15

They just wanted their team to get some air time. Otherwise nobody would care about parkview football. If I was head coach I would fire them all after not telling me they were going to do that. Do it on your time don't use a bunch of teenagers playing a sport as a platform....

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 11, 2016, 01:56:58 pm

Still waiting. Oh and on why Beebe is exempt?

FD4

Air, looks like your not going to get that answer.  But I think we all realize the real problem is merely amplified by the media, dramatized by activists and for the most part has become another crutch with which areas of our nations populace expects criticism.  Pull away TV, Radio and social media reporting of these incidents, and you would see very little "kneeling" if any at all.  Not saying sweep injustice under the rug, wrong is wrong, but don't go looking high and low for that one critical instance to sell headlines.  Report it all or report none to begin with.

I think we can all take a lesson from American History as 'traitors" are treated with no respect at all, in fact, taking Major Andre into account, hung for treason against the colonies, was the main mediator between Benedict Arnold and others who conspired to undermine the New American Government.  Oh well.........Later on guys. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: FD4 on October 12, 2016, 10:11:33 am
But I think we all realize the real problem is merely amplified by the media, dramatized by activists and for the most part has become another crutch with which areas of our nations populace expects criticism.

I agree with that.  And I'll go a step further - when an entire movement is based on lies and false narratives, the criticism is pretty justified.

FD4

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: razortrack on October 11, 2016, 11:34:11 am

its a shame they didn't taze his rear

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: FD4 on October 11, 2016, 08:42:21 am

You so love our liberty you want to require people to do something the first amendment says they don't have to do. You may want to read the constitution and a history book.

ISU7

Whoever thinks the United States are really United has too be on some serious drugs. America is and always have been  divided.  I'm a veteran of the military and I've seen it all. The only time it SEEM like the states are united. is when a big terrorist attack like 9-11 happens and that'll only be until America retaliates, then it's back too the norm The Divided States of America.  God Bless All.

Sigmund Sauer

"You so love our liberty you want to require people to do something the first amendment says they don't have to do. You may want to read the constitution and a history book."

You make no sense, where did he "require" people to do anything?

BTW. What's going on with Atkins these days. Passed through a couple weeks ago and there were no less than 5 tweakers walking the streets. Looked like a scene from the Walking Dead. Is this still fallout from the demise of the pickle plant? It was sad to witness. Hopefully, things improve over there. This is where our protests should be directed, the fall of our country to the drug epidemic. I think we should start somewhere other than protesting the flag though.

Chief_Osceola™

Wait, Atkins no longer does pickles? What's next, Alma losing their spinach monopoly?

To your point though - I think the same could be said for many small rural-ish towns anywhere. Participation in the labor force is down mostly across the board, and people need a way to cope. Unfortunately, drugs is an easily accessible and cheap escape. The other outlet is crime. I agree, these are the types of things that need to be highlighted. The problem is, too few people are willing to address the elephant in the room for fear of being labeled with whatever buzzwords the MSM and SJW's are using today.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 14, 2016, 10:08:16 am
"You so love our liberty you want to require people to do something the first amendment says they don't have to do. You may want to read the constitution and a history book."

You make no sense, where did he "require" people to do anything?

BTW. What's going on with Atkins these days. Passed through a couple weeks ago and there were no less than 5 tweakers walking the streets. Looked like a scene from the Walking Dead. Is this still fallout from the demise of the pickle plant? It was sad to witness. Hopefully, things improve over there. This is where our protests should be directed, the fall of our country to the drug epidemic. I think we should start somewhere other than protesting the flag though.
Stand for the anthem or move out of the country.

I've never been to Atkins, but I've seen the exit.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 14, 2016, 11:00:12 am
Stand for the anthem or move out of the country.

I've never been to Atkins, but I've seen the exit.

I think it was a suggestion. I use it some, if folks complain about things in my house, they know where the door is. So, I'm curious where is another Red Devil program?

Chief_Osceola™

Jacksonville, but I think they're now called the Titans.

I think also one of the smaller schools are the Red Devils. A 2A school maybe?

WTD

People really have no idea what they are protesting... Think about where a majority of this takes place, poor socioeconomic developed areas, people living in poverty, high crime rates, low employment. People should be protesting our government for blowing billions/trillions of tax payer dollars. While our big manufacturers/jobs are leaving for other less taxed countries our government continues to insist on raising taxes and send money to foreign countries. The money recently given to Iran could have rebuilt any inner city in the U.S.. People need to think of the root of the issue and where it stems from. Our government and media are what divides us.

Marblehog

And you wonder why Parkview with all those athletes in that school suck year in and year out....

ISU7

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 14, 2016, 11:17:08 am
Jacksonville, but I think they're now called the Titans.

I think also one of the smaller schools are the Red Devils. A 2A school maybe?
Augusta Red Devils.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The Parkview jr high team game to des arc 2 Thursdays ago and some of the coaches kneeled here too, they then went on to get beat by a 2A school 24-22. Sad part is, they then went back to little rock and posted on the Parkview Facebook page that they beat des arc, probably would have went unnoticed and all the l.r. folks would have thought they won, except I'm friends with a Parkview alum and I was ragging him and he told me I was wrong that p.v. won that they had it posted. Lol

So it went to their page and called them out, they finally took that post down after I posted a photo of the scoreboard.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 11, 2016, 09:36:06 am
+1 Atta boy Oldbadger!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas