• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DQ vs CF

Started by Arkansas8, October 10, 2016, 11:22:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas8

Ball boy 22

I got DQ in this one if there defense gets the job done.

Youngsta71701

DeQueen controls the ball for 40:00 minutes and wins the game 28-26

Cardinalboi07

As shaky as I am, I gotta stick with my boys. DQ is the real deal but we got them at home. Hopefully the fans show they havent given up and can push CF to a win similar to the CF vs. Hamburg game. Wont be easy but we win it 24-21

The A-Team

I think if we mitigate the turnovers we win by 7. I was just told that #2 quit today.

Overdahill

wow, i can't even believe this game is in doubt this year  :'(

Sportscaster

October 10, 2016, 09:12:08 pm #6 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:12:28 pm by Sportscaster
#2 didn't quit. Here are the facts:

He was fielding a punt and had called for a fair catch. A kid ran full speed into him as he was defenselessly waiting to catch the ball.  He was carried out on a stretcher. Hot Springs kid was ejected from the game for targeting.

The A-Team

Quote from: Sportscaster on October 10, 2016, 09:12:08 pm

He was fielding a punt and had called for a fair catch. A kid ran full speed into him as he was defenselessly waiting to catch the ball. He told the coaches he was fine just had the breath knocked out of him bc his chest was tight. When they stood him up, he passed out twice. He was carried out on a stretcher. Hot Springs kid was ejected from the game for targeting.
#2 do CF

The A-Team

Sportscaster

Okay. Quite a coincidence both teams had the same number with problems. Sorry.

The A-Team

Quote from: Sportscaster on October 10, 2016, 09:45:10 pm
Okay. Quite a coincidence both teams had the same number with problems. Sorry.
I know

Youngsta71701

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: Sportscaster on October 10, 2016, 09:12:08 pm

He was fielding a punt and had called for a fair catch. A kid ran full speed into him as he was defenselessly waiting to catch the ball.  He was carried out on a stretcher. Hot Springs kid was ejected from the game for targeting.

lol not laughing at number 2 from DQ but at myself because I was wondering WTH did I miss. Prayers for DQ's #2 to have a speedy recovery. The Hot Springs culprit should miss this weeks game too right?
and Hopefully our #2 comes back in the future. It's the first year of a brand new staff. Disagreements are inevitable. I believe in the coaches as well as the players and I got a feeling next year will be a different story.

The A-Team

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on October 11, 2016, 11:26:52 am
lol not laughing at number 2 from DQ but at myself because I was wondering WTH did I miss. Prayers for DQ's #2 to have a speedy recovery. The Hot Springs culprit should miss this weeks game too right?
and Hopefully our #2 comes back in the future. It's the first year of a brand new staff. Disagreements are inevitable. I believe in the coaches as well as the players and I got a feeling next year will be a different story.
Change is always difficult.

that1guy2110

Change is very difficult when everyone is pulling in different directions

spongebob

Quote from: that1guy2110 on October 11, 2016, 04:58:38 pm
Change is very difficult when everyone is pulling in different directions
I thought the Cox boys left?  ;D

Sportscaster

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on October 11, 2016, 11:26:52 am

Hot Springs kid should be out for this week. High School rules need to be a little stricter on such a vicious unnecessary hit. Maybe, after an intentional targeting the player should be kicked off a team for the rest of the year.

that1guy2110

Cox said paddling or rowing. I said pulling. Is there a better way you want me to referance everyone not working together?

Youngsta71701

Let me say this. I've been going to Camden games faithfully since Buck James took over the program in 2005. These last three years have been disheartening on defense. Seems like everyone knows we're undersized upfront except for the HC and the DC. We're not big enough to stop the run with just our front seven. We need to make it a front eight especially against run first teams. Or teams that run the ball the majority of the time. And if we need to put a couple of our best offensive players on defense too so we can start playing better defense then that's what we need to do. Even Buck James didn't mind doing that every once in a while when he felt like he needed to.

GuvHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 13, 2016, 09:35:32 am
Let me say this. I've been going to Camden games faithfully since Buck James took over the program in 2005. These last three years have been disheartening on defense. Seems like everyone knows we're undersized upfront except for the HC and the DC. We're not big enough to stop the run with just our front seven. We need to make it a front eight especially against run first teams. Or teams that run the ball the majority of the time. And if we need to put a couple of our best offensive players on defense too so we can start playing better defense then that's what we need to do. Even Buck James didn't mind doing that every once in a while when he felt like he needed to.

Y'all better not stack 7 or 8 in the box against De Queen, Their QB has a very good arm and he'll burn you. He got WC's attention early and they were able to sack him several times.

Cardinal fan

I agree there are a couple player that should be playing both ways at certain times.
But my big thing is out of all those kids standing on the sideline u would think they could find somebody that could kick it deep. I've been watching the average starting field position is always from the 40-45yrd line. U got to help the defense out some and stop their backs against a short field everytime

Cardinal fan

And if they would quit all this tackling up high and take out the legs. I've only seen 1 player that actually tackles low and that's senior #34. These boys need to get fired up and start laying the wood to teams. It's not coaching. Coach has them in the right positions but the kids themselves have to be fearless and meaner than a dog s**ting tacks and go get the man with the ball. That's all it is

The A-Team

Quote from: Cardinal fan on October 13, 2016, 03:30:28 pm
And if they would quit all this tackling up high and take out the legs. I've only seen 1 player that actually tackles low and that's senior #34. These boys need to get fired up and start laying the wood to teams. It's not coaching. Coach has them in the right positions but the kids themselves have to be fearless and meaner than a dog s**ting tacks and go get the man with the ball. That's all it is
#34?........no comment!

Youngsta71701

October 14, 2016, 09:56:26 pm #23 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:59:42 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: GuvHog on October 13, 2016, 03:07:46 pm
Y'all better not stack 7 or 8 in the box against De Queen, Their QB has a very good arm and he'll burn you. He got WC's attention early and they were able to sack him several times.
Wow! It's amazing! We widened out the DE's. We brought extra men in the box. Wala, we only give up 13 points. Magic...I've been asking for these simple adjustments all year.

PapaHog

Youngsta.. we played DeQueen. Don't get excited. If we hold a Chapel to 13 at the end of the year, then you're a defensive genius.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PapaHog on October 15, 2016, 09:00:13 am
Youngsta.. we played DeQueen. Don't get excited. If we hold a Chapel to 13 at the end of the year, then you're a defensive genius.
I don't expect us to beat Watson Chapel no matter what we do. They might be the only team we play this year that is just flat out faster and more talented than us. But I do know against these running teams you have to load the box and make them pass the ball to beat us.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas