• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on Blytheville vs Valley View

Started by Chief-Chickasaw, October 09, 2016, 11:45:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief-Chickasaw

What's everyone's thoughts on this game? I feel like Blytheville just needs to keep cruising and trying to win by 13 or more each game. Last year we jumped out to a big lead and let VV back into the game.  Which screwed us at the end of the year.

walkingguy72396

I do not give Valley View a chance of keeping Blytheville under 40 points.

40 some-thing to 20 some-thing and 20 is some-thing is if b team defense gets to play.

Grond

Expecting Blytheville to take this game. However.....

Valley View gave Blytheville a good fight last year, and they stayed with Wynne for a time last week. It seems like Valley View is "on the verge" of figuring out some tactics/techniques to get some wins on the tough opponents.

Blytheville will still have to earn the win.

Silver88

Blytheville by 21+

Valley View has at least stayed with the same offense this year after switching to 3 different formations during the year. They also seem to have settled into keeping the players in the same positions. The last two years things were all over the board and you cant expect kids to ever buy into a system when they don't know what the system is or where they will be playing week to week. With that being said they did hang with Wynne for a half and that may be what happens with Blytheville as well. However too much talent for Valley View especially with a coach still trying to figure it all out.

mohawk

walkingguy72396

Chicks will lead this game by 35 then the gap might close.

wynnefootballfan

After watching both of these teams play this year, I'm going with Blytheville. I agree with the comment above that VV is close to getting there, not a bad team. The Chicks however are a really good team. In my opinion there biggest fault is depth on the line. Had they had a few more lineman to rotate I think the score in our game would have been a lot closer. Anyway, I pick Bly to at least get there 13pt spread.

hurricane 09

Quote from: Silver88 on October 11, 2016, 12:08:56 pm
Blytheville by 21+

Valley View has at least stayed with the same offense this year after switching to 3 different formations during the year. They also seem to have settled into keeping the players in the same positions. The last two years things were all over the board and you cant expect kids to ever buy into a system when they don't know what the system is or where they will be playing week to week. With that being said they did hang with Wynne for a half and that may be what happens with Blytheville as well. However too much talent for Valley View especially with a coach still trying to figure it all out.

VV was within about 30 seconds of playing for a state championship in 4A in 2013 then the coach left and they hired this new guy. He basically left things the same for 1 year. Then after going 3-7 that year, completely dismantled the offensive staff. He reassigned the offensive coordinator to receivers coach, the O line coach to D line, and the QB coach to junior high. That staff had averaged about 35 points a game over the previous 4 years and didn't all of a sudden forget how to coach. The new coach became his own offensive coordinator which led to a 2-8 year and trying, as you say, about 3 different systems. Now he has put a different coach in as offensive coordinator so the seniors on this team have played for 3 different OC's and in about 5 different systems. This OC seems determined to keep the same system and as a result the team seems to be improving.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas