• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Wynne.

Started by justalionfan, October 07, 2016, 09:34:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneerman68

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 12, 2016, 08:54:02 am
I don't wanna hear anything about injuries we've had our fair share....not to mention we've played all year with out our starting full back.

I agree sir! you adjust and keep going !

Pioneerman68

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on October 12, 2016, 09:41:18 am
The smart money when it comes to the Wynne v. Batesville game is not to bet on it. Just show up early get your popcorn and enjoy the show. What the teams look like on paper means nothing to these guys. I remember some games when the jackets should have been blown out on paper and it came down to a 2pt conversion for overtime or a couple years later a kneel down and a win (stupid spots center fumble recovery clip).. The game a couple of years ago when Wynne was the favorite on paper with a D1 QB and weapons,.. Batesville wins. Another game in there when the Jackets go to Batesville and beat the favored Neers. From Jr high on the only thing these kids want as much as a championship is bragging rights over one another. For two communities in NEA, week 7 is nearly a Holiday. I do like our chances, we do have a really good team. I'm picking the jackests by at least 1. I will only breath easy around 11 o'clock Friday night..lol.

Totally agree ! well said.

Grond

There are quite a few guys on both teams that might be playing on Saturdays.  ;)

Are there any guys that have received interest from some colleges?

TWSS24

I have to agree with Mr. Mohawk about the injuries. I don't recall much being said about injuries until this week. Hootens was sure to mention the 10 season ending injuries, and now it's up to 13 on here. However, the Nation is always loaded with talent so it's not surprise they keep winning, despite playing 2nd and 3rd string players. If Batesville was 100%, they roll all of 5A...even the Bruins. Especially with that O Line they have this year.

Rick Swines

Quote from: TWSS24 on October 12, 2016, 12:50:02 pm
I have to agree with Mr. Mohawk about the injuries. I don't recall much being said about injuries until this week. Hootens was sure to mention the 10 season ending injuries, and now it's up to 13 on here. However, the Nation is always loaded with talent so it's not surprise they keep winning, despite playing 2nd and 3rd string players. If Batesville was 100%, they roll all of 5A...even the Bruins. Especially with that O Line they have this year.

Agreed 100% if Batesville was healthy they would have beaten Pulaski Academy this year.  But they still have plenty to route Wynne.  All I've heard about this year is how great Wynne's Defensive Line is then I watch them get dominated vs. Valley View.  Like I've said in other posts I know wynne will score alot but I don't think wynne will stop the Pioneers one time.  It may be a 65-49 type game. 

Football is Life

"It may be a 65-49 type game."
I'm not sure Batesville will have that many possessions.

Rampage72501

October 12, 2016, 01:48:20 pm #56 Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:02:34 pm by Rampage72501
Quote from: Rick Swines on October 12, 2016, 01:14:35 pm

Agreed 100% if Batesville was healthy they would have beaten Pulaski Academy this year.  But they still have plenty to route Wynne.  All I've heard about this year is how great Wynne's Defensive Line is then I watch them get dominated vs. Valley View.  Like I've said in other posts I know wynne will score alot but I don't think wynne will stop the Pioneers one time.  It may be a 65-49 type game. 

If you're trying to help the Yellowjackets with bulletin board material, just stop it.

Earlier you dogged Batesville's performance against Mountain Home at Mountain Home, but have failed to respond to the fact that the Pioneers have not played in Mountain Home since 2010 - other than editing your original post to remove the incorrect information you originally posted.  Now, you're all but proclaiming a healthy Batesville team unbeatable?

And the reason you've not heard anything about Batesville injuries is because we don't make excuses. Our sideline has looked like a MASH unit each week since the beginning of the season, but we've played the games, just like we will the remainder of the games this season. The injuries have affected both sides of the ball and the special teams, but injuries are a part of the game and you play on. Just because some of you haven't heard about the quantity of injuries to this point doesn't mean anyone's using them as an excuse. 

walkingguy72396

Wynne fans really do love this game.  Hosting it makes it that much more exciting.

Pioneerman68

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 12, 2016, 01:48:20 pm
If you're trying to help the Yellowjackets with bulletin board material, just stop it.

Earlier you dogged Batesville's performance against Mountain Home at Mountain Home, but have failed to respond to the fact that the Pioneers have not played in Mountain Home since 2010 - other than editing your original post to remove the incorrect information you originally posted.  Now, you're all but proclaiming a healthy Batesville team unbeatable?

And the reason you've not heard anything about Batesville injuries is because we don't make excuses. Our sideline has looked like a MASH unit each week since the beginning of the season, but we've played the games, just like we will the remainder of the games this season. The injuries have affected both sides of the ball and the special teams, but injuries are a part of the game and you play on. Just because some of you haven't heard about the quantity of injuries to this point doesn't mean anyone's using them as an excuse.

I agree, not sure who these guys are but its obvious that they don't know much about Pioneer Football! we never make excuses we line up each week and play football, nothing is gave to us. Injuries happen its part of the game ,

Pioneerman68

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 12, 2016, 02:12:09 pm
Wynne fans really do love this game.  Hosting it makes it that much more exciting.

Batesville fans love this game as well its crazy, football season starts and all the talk is Wynne game week seven. 

#1jacketfan

Two of the three starters on the d-line didn't play in VV....

jacketsnum1fam

I just really love how everyone is so confident in each team, when Friday night is completely a different story. 2 years ago Batesville won. 1 year ago Batesville won. Congrats, they deserve it. But at the same time, you all are dwelling on the past, because I feel as if this game is gonna be a shocker. You all do a lot of talking, fans of Batesville AND Wynne, but these boys play. Not all of you. They'll do what they're taught to do. It's whomever comes onto that field with their head completely in the game, and is 100% focused. See you all Friday night.

mohawk

If I'm not mistaken, the final score was 56-21 with Wynne being on top. The score was 28-21 at halftime. That means the second half was a 28-0 shut out!! If the defensive line was "dominated" there is no way Wynne could've held them to 0 points in the second half. I'm not sure where I read it, or if its hear say but I'm pretty sure Valley View had 1 total yard of offense in the second half. Is this true??

Rick Swines

Quote from: mohawk on October 12, 2016, 08:38:49 pm
If I'm not mistaken, the final score was 56-21 with Wynne being on top. The score was 28-21 at halftime. That means the second half was a 28-0 shut out!! If the defensive line was "dominated" there is no way Wynne could've held them to 0 points in the second half. I'm not sure where I read it, or if its hear say but I'm pretty sure Valley View had 1 total yard of offense in the second half. Is this true??

It was Valley view. No offense to them but they are no where near Batesville. Valley view should have never scored 21 on the vaunted Wynne defense. I saw the highlights. If vv quarterback scrambles like that Batesvilles will run all day.

Jacketalum07

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Rick Swines on October 13, 2016, 07:34:16 am
It was Valley view. No offense to them but they are no where near Batesville. Valley view should have never scored 21 on the vaunted Wynne defense. I saw the highlights. If vv quarterback scrambles like that Batesvilles will run all day.
I hope he wears his track shoes cause he's gonna be on the run alright.

Rick Swines

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 13, 2016, 08:00:36 am
I hope he wears his track shoes cause he's gonna be on the run alright.

LOL that's a good one.  Have you seen how good the Oline is from Batesville?  Best in 5A. 

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Rick Swines on October 13, 2016, 08:46:06 am
LOL that's a good one.  Have you seen how good the Oline is from Batesville?  Best in 5A.
Man I would love to have some of that stuff your drinking......gotta be some good stuff!

Rampage72501

October 13, 2016, 09:00:31 am #68 Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:05:26 am by Rampage72501
One of the moderators needs to look into this Rick Swines poster...a member since September with only 24 posts...almost all trying to stir the pot.  My guess is it's Uncle Ivan trying to pull the troll job/reverse psychology shtick of the year. 

If you're trying to give Wynne bulletin board material, I SERIOUSLY doubt they need any motivation for tomorrow night, just as the Pioneers need no motivation or incentive to take the field.  We may get mercy ruled, but I promise you we'll (a) show up and (b) give it everything we have until the final whistle.

mohawk

Quote from: Rick Swines on October 13, 2016, 07:34:16 am

Agreed, Valley View should've never scored 21 points but, highlights mean nothing when you can't finish a game. What good is a highlight reel when you (a) lose, (b) get shut out 28-0 in the second half, and (c) have ONE total yard of offense in the second half?

FD4

Just had a vision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This game will be decided by a field goal in the last few seconds of regulation.  Couldn't quite make out the colors though.

jimmyt

Wynne will dominate this game.. 52-21

Batesville barely beat a bad Mtn Home team 8-6. Weve got some real pioneer homers on here. Quit drinking the kool-aid.

Rampage72501

Quote from: jimmyt on October 13, 2016, 09:59:46 am
Wynne will dominate this game.. 52-21

Batesville barely beat a bad Mtn Home team 8-6. Weve got some real pioneer homers on here. Quit drinking the kool-aid.

The posters on here who APPEAR to be Pioneer "homers" are trolls.  I suspect a couple are other posters who've created a second (or third) account to post nonsense just to stir the pot.

walkingguy72396

Wynne is the real deal right now.  Has Batesville caught up.  Time will tell.

Pioneerman68

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 13, 2016, 08:48:45 am
Man I would love to have some of that stuff your drinking......gotta be some good stuff!

I don,t know who this guy is but he does not speak for the Pioneer football team!! he has no clue. and I think you know as well as I do both teams respect each other and love playing this game each year. Going to be a good one Friday night.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Pioneerman68 on October 13, 2016, 10:39:44 am
I don,t know who this guy is but he does not speak for the Pioneer football team!! he has no clue. and I think you know as well as I do both teams respect each other and love playing this game each year. Going to be a good one Friday night.
Man I'm saying...he prob don't know much about either team, anyone that knows anything about Pioneer or Jacket football knows that this game will be tough on both sides...its like a heavy weight boxing match...lol
The Jacket fans are excited the Pioneer fans are excited the kids are pumped on both sides, atmosphere will be great! And were all gonna see a great football game between two great football teams!

Grond

I think some guys that deserve a "shout out" are the Junior High coaches for both programs.

I saw Wynne vs. Paragould Juniot High last year, and I was very impressed. The Wynne Junior high football team was running the flexbone offense better than the High School!

The flexbone offense is difficult to run, because it requires the QB to be under Center, and move FAST, especially on a pitch play.  Frankly, I have been surprised at how well the Wynne High School is running the flexbone this year. Harding University (NCAA D2 college in Searcy) is in 1st place in the Great American Conference, running the flexbone.

Having gone on and on about the "flexbone"  ::)  ........ I like Batesville's offense better. Year over year, I think Batesville has an offense that gives more variation, so you can "go with the plays that are working."

TWSS24

October 13, 2016, 01:21:37 pm #77 Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:23:11 pm by TWSS24
Quote from: mohawk on October 13, 2016, 09:07:57 am
Agreed, Valley View should've never scored 21 points but, highlights mean nothing when you can't finish a game. What good is a highlight reel when you (a) lose, (b) get shut out 28-0 in the second half, and (c) have ONE total yard of offense in the second half?

Well Mr. Mohawk, if VV can have those highlights, how many highlights can one infer Batesville will have? The Pioneer QB is probably one of the fastest kids in the conference, other than D. Clark.

Despite all the arguing, most of us are just football junkies who love high school football and think we know more than we do  :) . This will be a great game between two formidable opponents. Good luck to all the players and coaching staffs.

Pioneerman68

Quote from: TWSS24 on October 13, 2016, 01:21:37 pm
Well Mr. Mohawk, if VV can have those highlights, how many highlights can one infer Batesville will have? The Pioneer QB is probably one of the fastest kids in the conference, other than D. Clark.

Despite all the arguing, most of us are just football junkies who love high school football and think we know more than we do  :) . This will be a great game between two formidable opponents. Good luck to all the players and coaching staffs.

Have you lost your freaken mind?? why don't you go troll some where else.

SWAT524

October 13, 2016, 01:36:08 pm #79 Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:38:31 pm by SWAT524
I think Batesville will be able to run the ball a lot better than people think. Batesville has had a few of the younger players step up and fill the gaps. The QB is on fire right now. Our pass coverage is pretty legit. I would say part of our weakness is Run stoppage and depth of substitutes due to some injuries. I also think if Wynne has the ability to stop our run will make us limited to passing.  I haven't seen Wynnes size this year but it seems to me our lines aren't as big as they have been in years past. I would say this is going to be a close one but something tells me that mistakes will blow this wide open. I am a die hard Pioneer fan but............. my prediction is................... wait for it........................... a tie which will be decided in a wrestling cage match between the 2 head coaches on the 50 yard line.
All kidding aside I want my Neers to win but its just to close to call. Good Luck to both teams and God Bless.

Overdahill

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 13, 2016, 10:27:04 am
The posters on here who APPEAR to be Pioneer "homers" are trolls.  I suspect a couple are other posters who've created a second (or third) account to post nonsense just to stir the pot.

Stir the pot on rivalry week? Never ;D it is troll season however

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on October 13, 2016, 01:53:09 pm
Stir the pot on rivalry week? Never ;D it is troll season however

And I've missed it all because of my busy week! Just caught up on the thread and This is disappointing. It's like they don't even try anymore.

I think Batesville will have some success through the air. Wynne will have plenty of success on the ground too. I give Wynne a slight edge because they're at home, but it could go either way. How will Wynne react if they get down by a score or two without facing much adversity throughout this season so far?

The_Pioneer

Luckily for Wynne, it's not a spelling bee.  I think Wynne prevails thanks to a higher athletic prowess.

wynnefootballfan

Hey, I resemble that remark.. (the spelling part). I used to be afletic, I still cant spell..lol.

EastSideMafia

Batesville is kinda like Alabama... Even on a rebuilding year they are still Batesville at the end of the day. Not saying it is a rebuilding year...but you get my drift. I played for Wynne during the Diamond T years and loved the rivalry we have. Outside of this game I pull for batesville to win every game.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 13, 2016, 09:00:31 am
One of the moderators needs to look into this Rick Swines poster...a member since September with only 24 posts...almost all trying to stir the pot.  My guess is it's Uncle Ivan trying to pull the troll job/reverse psychology shtick of the year. 

lol

Lanny

Keep your comments about the game

JacketDad

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 13, 2016, 07:09:00 pm
Luckily for Wynne, it's not a spelling bee.  I think Wynne prevails thanks to a higher athletic prowess.
OK, one team can't spell and the other is a bunch of hillbillies that can't afford shoes.  But both teams can play some football!!

walkingguy72396

Any-one know how the Jr. High game went last night.

ISU7

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 10, 2016, 12:51:42 pm
Batesville has not played at Mountain Home since 2010.
This season game was played in Batesville 9/16/2016 so he couldn't have been there. Lol.

mohawk

Does anybody on here keep up with the junior high scores? Not much on the jr high board when it comes to 5A

JacketDad

Quote from: mohawk on October 14, 2016, 10:13:59 am
Does anybody on here keep up with the junior high scores? Not much on the jr high board when it comes to 5A
Not sure of the score but I am being told that the 9th grade game was won by Wynne.

MDXPHD

mohawk

How's Wynne's jr high program? I've heard Batesville has a pretty good one and has had the same coaches for years.

TWSS24

Quote from: JacketDad on October 14, 2016, 10:49:06 am
Not sure of the score but I am being told that the 9th grade game was won by Wynne.

Considering how well the Jr. Jackets run the Flextbone, the Jr. Neers werent able to overcome the passing game and the double option. I'm not 100% but I believe the score was 28-6, in favor of Wynne.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mohawk on October 14, 2016, 11:00:50 am
How's Wynne's jr high program? I've heard Batesville has a pretty good one and has had the same coaches for years.

Wynne is undefeated in the 5A east. Lost two early games and now they have won 5 in a row I think. Batesville has their top two rbs out I think, and that hurts in junior high ball. They are 3-4 on the year and 2-2 in the east after Wynnes 34-6 victory last night.

walkingguy72396

Quote from: mohawk on October 14, 2016, 11:00:50 am

i think the coaching of Wynnes Jr High teams has been better.  Guess I thnk that because they seem to be winning.

PA Dad

I have Wynne at number 1 in my poll, but I'm predicting an upset.  Batesville wins late in the fourth quarter by getting a safety to win by two points!

walkingguy72396

Quote from: PA Dad on October 14, 2016, 02:40:21 pm
I have Wynne at number 1 in my poll, but I'm predicting an upset.  Batesville wins late in the fourth quarter by getting a safety to win by two points!

I just do not see Wynne giving up a safety.
Only 3 hours to go.  Should be interesting.

Leadbelly

October 14, 2016, 05:23:17 pm #99 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:25:23 pm by Leadbelly
Quote from: ViloniaEaglestoWMS on October 14, 2016, 05:18:22 am
Batesville is kinda like Alabama... Even on a rebuilding year they are still Batesville at the end of the day. Not saying it is a rebuilding year...but you get my drift. I played for Wynne during the Diamond T years and loved the rivalry we have. Outside of this game I pull for batesville to win every game.
You are comparing Batesville to BAMA!!!!!???? Give me a break! BAMA has won 4 of the past 7 NC's. Comparatively speaking Batesville has 1 State Title more like uh,.....Colorado in 1990! ;D 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas