• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Wynne.

Started by justalionfan, October 07, 2016, 09:34:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdahill

What the hey is happening in Wynne?

The_Pioneer

Well, looks like we're the #3 seed this year. 

Rocko1493

Home field calls from refs.  But did not see this one. The way it has turned out at half.  It is OK though.  One seed in the east lines up with with a Morrilton team if not for playing an illegal player may be the best team in state.  May still work out for Batesville.

The_Pioneer

Nah, this is an rear whoopin.  Pure and simple.  We're not as good as Hootens thought.

Grond

At half, 49-7. Wynne offensive line dominant in 1st half. Wynne can run outside easily.

Wynne has scored on runs, passes, punt return. Wynne having "one of those nights"; everything going their way first half.

Batesville defense can't get off the field on 3rd & long.

Batesville passing game sporadic, although they did score on a beautiful pass play (about 30 yards?). Tough night, but Batesville staying professional.

justalionfan

Quote from: Grond on October 14, 2016, 08:50:36 pm
At half, 49-7. Wynne offensive line dominant in 1st half. Wynne can run outside easily.

Wynne has scored on runs, passes, punt return. Wynne having "one of those nights"; everything going their way first half.

Batesville defense can't get off the field on 3rd & long.

Batesville passing game sporadic, although they did score on a beautiful pass play (about 30 yards?). Tough night, but Batesville staying professional.

56-14 at half

JacketDad

Quote from: Rocko1493 on October 14, 2016, 08:33:44 pm
Home field calls from refs.  But did not see this one. The way it has turned out at half.  It is OK though.  One seed in the east lines up with with a Morrilton team if not for playing an illegal player may be the best team in state.  May still work out for Batesville.
If Morrilton wins out I think they could still claim the 3, possibly 2 spot.  If that happens it could be PA, Morrilton and Batesville all in the top half of the bracket.

WPWells

You say that as if Batesville is on the same level as the other two (spoiler: they're not)

JacketDad

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 14, 2016, 09:30:29 pm
You say that as if Batesville is on the same level as the other two (spoiler: they're not)
Maybe not tonight but they are  good team and can still be dangerous in the playoffs.

Grond

PA Dad

This was the most surprising score of the night to me.  I'm not surprised that Wynne won, but I am surprised that Wynne dominated.  I have to think that Batesville is really decimated by injuries.

arf

Qb - advantage Wynne
Rb - advantage Wynne
OL - advantage Wynne
WR - advantage Wynne
DL - advantage Wynne
LB - advantage Wynne
Secondary - advantage Wynne
Intangibles - advantage Wynne
Environment - advantage Wynne
Coaching - advantage Wynne

jacketsnum1fam

Jacketalum07

Quote from: PA Dad on October 14, 2016, 10:33:22 pm
This was the most surprising score of the night to me.  I'm not surprised that Wynne won, but I am surprised that Wynne dominated.  I have to think that Batesville is really decimated by injuries.

Or maybe it's because wynne is really good this year. We beat them by 42 and it could have been a lot worse! Batesville will still be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

WPWells

It's been clear to this objective eye that Batesville simply isn't as good this year

PA Dad

Quote from: Jacketalum07 on October 14, 2016, 10:43:48 pm
Or maybe it's because wynne is really good this year. We beat them by 42 and it could have been a lot worse! Batesville will still be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

I have Wynne at number 1 in my poll, so I certainly think they are very good.

At this point, I think Wynne, PA and Morrilton have the best shots at WMS.  It will really be a bummer if Wynne and Morrilton have to play in the first round.

wynneaholic©

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 09, 2016, 08:07:06 am
Wynne 50 Batesville 21.  Wynne is unbeatable this year.
Hehe you were close.

walkingguy72396

It would be really scary if Batesville is actually as good as they ever been.

So lets go with that.

Jacketalum07

I'm not sure if it's the injuries or just a down year for batesville. I talked to a batesville players parent at halftime and he said the only game changer that's hurt is the middle linebacker. PA dad your top 3 is the same as mine. If wynne and Morrilton meet in the first round that will definitely be the game of the week!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 14, 2016, 10:44:31 pm
It's been clear to this objective eye that Batesville simply isn't as good this year

That's been clear to most people. Wynne can celebrate and pretend that they are dominant, but they beat a below average Batesville team tonight. Wynne is certainly a top 4 team though. Batesville may not be top 10, unfortunately.

Batesville has a few injuries that are very impactful to their team, not just at linebacker. That's not why Batesville lost though. We lost because Wynne is just much better than we are this year.

Jacketalum07

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 14, 2016, 10:55:20 pm
That's been clear to most people. Wynne can celebrate and pretend that they are dominant, but they beat a below average Batesville team tonight. Wynne is certainly a top 4 team though. Batesville may not be top 10, unfortunately.

Batesville has a few injuries that are very impactful to their team, not just at linebacker. That's not why Batesville lost though. We lost because Wynne is just much better than we are this year.

Pretend we are dominant? Our record shows we are dominant so far. No one said we are unbeatable.... But we did dominate tonight. Good game and good luck to batesville on the rest of their season

MDXPHD

Quote from: Jacketalum07 on October 14, 2016, 11:01:57 pm
Pretend we are dominant? Our record shows we are dominant so far. No one said we are unbeatable.... But we did dominate tonight. Good game and good luck to batesville on the rest of their season

You guys have yet to play a very good team. Blytheville is the only one worth much. That may hurt y'all come playoffs. Don't say your record shows you are dominant. A record is nothing more than a number. Lots of factors go into getting that number. Wynne has the potential to win state this year and I would like to pull for them. The arrogance that comes out mid to late season for y'all is incredible.

You won't be tested until the playoffs and I could've told you that after the Blytheville game. Hopefully you stay healthy and can make a run at the ship. Y'all have the team to do it this season.

Jacketalum07

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 14, 2016, 11:06:24 pm
You guys have yet to play a very good team. Blytheville is the only one worth much. That may hurt y'all come playoffs. Don't say your record shows you are dominant. A record is nothing more than a number. Lots of factors go into getting that number. Wynne has the potential to win state this year and I would like to pull for them. The arrogance that comes out mid to late season for y'all is incredible.

You won't be tested until the playoffs and I could've told you that after the Blytheville game. Hopefully you stay healthy and can make a run at the ship. Y'all have the team to do it this season.

No arrogance here... good luck to y'all on the rest of the season. I have always respected batesville playing against them and still do. Batesville vs. wynne is the game I look forward to the most every year!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 14, 2016, 11:06:24 pm
The arrogance that comes out mid to late season for y'all is incredible.

Lol!!!   Seems you have struck your stride, early... :)

I have tears.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 14, 2016, 11:16:22 pm
Lol!!!   Seems you have struck your stride, early... :)

I have tears.

lol I am not sure how to take this.

walkingguy72396

Actually, I think the Jacket Fans kept it pretty low key and down played what we really thought might take place tonight.  After Blytheville dominated Nettleton last week.

Now its hard to keep a lid on it.

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 14, 2016, 11:23:04 pm
Actually, I think the Jacket Fans kept it pretty low key and down played what we really thought might take place tonight.  After Blytheville dominated Nettleton last week.

Now its hard to keep a lid on it.

You might want to...I mean..Batesville has lost to Jonesboro, searcy, Wynne, and almost to mountain home. Your win over Blytheville is more imporessice. Looking forward to seeing y'all play in the playoffs

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 14, 2016, 11:25:35 pm
You might want to...I mean..Batesville has lost to Jonesboro, searcy, Wynne, and almost to mountain home. Your win over Blytheville is more imporessice. Looking forward to seeing y'all play in the playoffs

Imporessice?  You're not supposed to cuss on this board!

jacketsnum1fam

Wynne can't win without there being a complication on the other end. We beat Batesville. What else must we do to prove that we are a really good team? We won because we were the best team out there tonight. Plain and simple.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on October 14, 2016, 11:27:39 pm
Imporessice?  You're not supposed to cuss on this board!

Yikes! Impressive is what I meant. Close enough, right?

MDXPHD

Quote from: jacketsnum1fam on October 14, 2016, 11:28:10 pm
Wynne can't win without there being a complication on the other end. We beat Batesville. What else must we do to prove that we are a really good team? We won because we were the best team out there tonight. Plain and simple.

Just a heads up, you beating Batesville doesn't come close to meaning you're a really good team lol. And you absolutely won because you were the best team out there tonight. Completely agree.

Jacketalum07

How about that 2 hour long firework show outside of the stadium! That 5 dollars was well spent!  ;)

WTD

Not surprised in the score, Batesville barely beat Mountain Home 8-6. Is Wynne that good? Yes they are, it will be a Wynne vs PA 5A State championship. It will be an interesting matchup with the style of offense Wynne has. Their best defense will be their offense. Also their oline and dlines are dominant.

Rocket23

Morrilton will be on of the teams there.

walkingguy72396

Quote from: Rocket23 on October 15, 2016, 08:57:55 am
Morrilton will be on of the teams there.
I like that confidence.

Wynne's closest contest 38-21 over Maumelle. 
Morrilton 53-21 over Maumelle. 

Morrilton will get the Win 53-38.  I get it now.  Wynnes best way to get to the rock.  Is to figure out a strategy to get the 4 seed. 

#1jacketfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 14, 2016, 11:30:18 pm
Just a heads up, you beating Batesville doesn't come close to meaning you're a really good team lol. And you absolutely won because you were the best team out there tonight. Completely agree.
I hope that you're not as ignorant in person as you are on this board, stop crying about getting beat, and stop making up excuses as to why Wynne is having so much success this year, you just said earlier this week that this game would be closer than most think.....and then the clock runs the whole second half.....and now all the sudden Batesville isn't that good....you are quite a character!

#1jacketfan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 15, 2016, 10:13:00 am
I like that confidence.

Wynne's closest contest 38-21 over Maumelle. 
Morrilton 53-21 over Maumelle. 

Morrilton will get the Win 53-38.  I get it now.  Wynnes best way to get to the rock.  Is to figure out a strategy to get the 4 seed.
Wynne has gotten much better since the Maumelle game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 15, 2016, 10:15:01 am
I hope that you're not as ignorant in person as you are on this board, stop crying about getting beat, and stop making up excuses as to why Wynne is having so much success this year, you just said earlier this week that this game would be closer than most think.....and then the clock runs the whole second half.....and now all the sudden Batesville isn't that good....you are quite a character!

Let's stop with the personal attacks. We aren't children. My post said Wynne won because they were clearly the better team. Does that really sound like crying?

#1jacketfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 15, 2016, 10:52:23 am
Let's stop with the personal attacks. We aren't children. My post said Wynne won because they were clearly the better team. Does that really sound like crying?
Then you stop with your non sense and give the Wynne kids their props!

Rocko1493

I must say I have watched and gone to the Batesville Wynne games all the way back to to the late 1980s.  I have watch 4 children paticipate for Batesville over the years my last playing now.  Depot the outcome in the game I was so dicipointed with the way the people were treated.  The Batesville players had botitles and trash tossed at them by Wynne students.  While the game is going on one of the adult announcers continued to yell no mercy after plays and even started calling some of the players stupid.  Now if that went on at home u would be ashamed  in our school and those who are chosen to repressed it.  As far as the game last night Wynne won and Batesville was not ready to play .  There are exhuse s  that can be made but it does not change the outcome.  Congrats to win I hope  there is a rematch in the playoffs.

Rick Swines

Quote from: Rocko1493 on October 15, 2016, 11:34:43 am
I must say I have watched and gone to the Batesville Wynne games all the way back to to the late 1980s.  I have watch 4 children paticipate for Batesville over the years my last playing now.  Depot the outcome in the game I was so dicipointed with the way the people were treated.  The Batesville players had botitles and trash tossed at them by Wynne students.  While the game is going on one of the adult announcers continued to yell no mercy after plays and even started calling some of the players stupid.  Now if that went on at home u would be ashamed  in our school and those who are chosen to repressed it.  As far as the game last night Wynne won and Batesville was not ready to play .  There are exhuse s  that can be made but it does not change the outcome.  Congrats to win I hope  there is a rematch in the playoffs.

I was probably Batesville as I have a cousin that plays for them and this did not happen or I didn't see it happen. What happened was Wynne dominated and I have to eat crow. The wynne dline and especially the Oline was dominant. I was disappointed as it didn't seem like the Batesville coaches had a plan. On offense Batesville just kept trying to get the ball deep. Wynne doubled the receivers and there wasn't a plan b. On defense I'm not sure what Batesville was doing? Wynne probably averaged 15 yards per carry in the first half.

I'll tip my hat to wynne and coaches. The environment was electric and I did not see trash thrown at players or here an announcer saying no mercy on the page system.

Fwiw I was trying to more conversation on the week. So I was trolling wynnes fans. If you look back at my top 10s this year I always had Wynne high and I always questioned why hootens had Batesville at number 2.

I heard Clark got hurt for Blytheville and it may be a broken leg. If so I like like Batesvilles chance against them.

On Wynne what I saw last night I don't think pa will even beat them now. They are very good.

walkingguy72396

Im not going to paste that long qoute.

I really do know that the press box crew can get boisterous and since its located behind the visitors gets really annoying.
The players on the field can't hear them so its only annoying to the fans.
Also the visiting team has to pass to the rear of the Wynne crowd.
Showering the visitors with bottles or any-thing is not acceptable.
I'm going to guess it happened at the southern end as thats where our so called young adults sit.

If caught throwing objects these people need to be banned from attending games.

walkingguy72396

Any-how since I did not see it.  I'm just going to accept it happened since it got reported by a trusted source.

jacketsnum1fam

I was there the entire game, and watched everything happen. The little of the student section we have isn't even remotely close to the Batesville players where they walk in, or where they stand. The rude comments about Wynne is ridiculous on here. We won. This board should be done.

Grond

I watched the game at www.deltaswarm.com. I only saw the first half (and maybe not all of it).

As for Batesville coaches, I liked what they were trying to do; but Wynne was just too good Friday night.

WYNNE OFFENSE
When Wynne runs off-tackle, it looks like a platoon of M1A2 tanks. Wynne's left offensive tackle might be a D2 college prospect. Wynne did a better job of running to the right, also. And Wynne was able to PASS.

WYNNE DEFENSE
Very good at stopping Batesville on 3rd down. Able to handle the Batesville passing game (more on that).

BATESVILLE OFFENSE
I think the Batesville coaches came in with the right plan: use the passing game, with some run plays thrown in to keep the Wynne defense honest. But the Batesville pass was just not "clicking". Bad throw, or receiver dropped the ball, or good coverage, or pressure on QB. Batesville tried everything they had, from I-formation to Spread; just not good enough Friday night.

BATESVILLE DEFENSE
Just could not stop Wynne on 3rd and Long. They were able to stop Wynne running up the middle; but NO ONE has figured out how to stop Wynne on the outside run. They forced Wynne into some passing situations......and we found out Wynne can pass.

Batesville played hard, but Wynne has a very powerful team this year.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: jacketsnum1fam on October 15, 2016, 12:33:49 pm
I was there the entire game, and watched everything happen. The little of the student section we have isn't even remotely close to the Batesville players where they walk in, or where they stand. The rude comments about Wynne is ridiculous on here. We won. This board should be done.

The guy with 9 posts says we have to stop talking......

JacketDad

Here is a look at the new Hooten's  Top 4.
1) PA
2) Batesville
3) Morrilton
4) Wynne

walkingguy72396

Quote from: JacketDad on October 15, 2016, 02:07:21 pm
Here is a look at the new Hooten's  Top 4.
1) PA
2) Batesville
3) Morrilton
4) Wynne

Really?

jacketsnum1fam

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 15, 2016, 12:53:33 pm
The guy with 9 posts says we have to stop talking......
Lol are you still mad that you lost? Yeah, I'm a newbie. So what?

JacketDad

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 15, 2016, 02:10:34 pm
Really?
No, just making light of Hooten's love affair with anyone but Wynne.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas