• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Wynne.

Started by justalionfan, October 07, 2016, 09:34:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

justalionfan

Let's get it started. Go jackets

MDXPHD

Batesville played much better tonight. The last few weeks show they are improving, which is what everyone expected. It could be a lot closer than some thing.

PA Dad

I expect a great game.  This game is a highlight every year.

From nothing more than following the score, it appeared that Wynne struggled for at least a half tonight.  Batesville dispatched FC with little trouble.

Batesville appears to be following its usual pattern of starting slow and improving every game.

Wynne just looks dang good.

I wish I could be there.

Rocko1493

Batesvilles pass game is surprisingly good this year.  Dispute all the injuries the defense has gotten alot better the last few weeks.  I see both teams puthing up high numbers Friday night.  BATESVILLE 45. WYNNE 42.  This one will be a great one to see no matter who wins.

tmycjy

Good luck to both team this week

The_Pioneer

Wynne 50 Batesville 21.  Wynne is unbeatable this year.

Jackets3

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 09, 2016, 08:07:06 am
Wynne 50 Batesville 21.  Wynne is unbeatable this year.

Most Wynne fans know that we are not unbeatable as no team in the state is unbeatable. We are off to a good start and the Wynne fans that know anything about football know that Batesville will be a tough game. Your team is always well coached and disciplined and I expect nothing less this year. Good luck and safe travels!

walkingguy72396

Quote from: PA Dad on October 07, 2016, 10:07:22 pm
I expect a great game.  This game is a highlight every year.

From nothing more than following the score, it appeared that Wynne struggled for at least a half tonight.  Batesville dispatched FC with little trouble.

Batesville appears to be following its usual pattern of starting slow and improving every game.

Wynne just looks dang good.

I wish I could be there.

Wynne struggled to hang on to the ball first half.  Muffed a catch on a punt return.  Lost a fumble and did not come up with the ball on a kick-off.  All I believe resulting in Valley View scores.  The Jackets do that against Batesville and it might be another 3 way tie for the 5A East.

Rick Swines

A VERY high scoring game. 
Batesville 55
Wynne 49

Chief-Chickasaw

I feel like Wynne should take this one I'd say 45 to 31. I'm rooting for Batesville to give us a chance at a three way tie again. Batesville is getting better every game. I'll definitely be keeping up with this one on my phone.

Grond

October 09, 2016, 09:51:43 pm #10 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:54:41 pm by Grond
Folks, football games like Batesville vs. Wynne are why Friday nights are worth a dang!  :) :D ;D

[Edit: I used a word besides "dang", but it got changed.  :-X ]

I have seen both teams play this year, so here are my 2 cents:

WYNNE
Running the flexbone much better this year, with simplified blocking for the o-line. Some success passing; but not sure how much Wynne has been passing. Lot of mixing and movement on defense. Good speed and group tackling.

CONCERNS: In general, Wynne's coaching staff tends to focus on using the athleticism advantages they have. The problem is that they tend to get into "mental ruts", and not react quickly to changes made by more competitive opponents.

For example: In last year's game [2015], Batesville noticed that Wynne tended to NOT use their spread WR's. So, the Batesville DB's would lineup on the WR's, then run toward the ball just before snap. This gave an extra set of outside LB's to help stop the run. Wynne did not figure this out until the second half.

BATESVILLE
A coaching staff second only to Pulaski Academy (although Blytheville coaches have done well). Very good at figuring out your weaknesses, on offense and defense. Have a good QB and WR's this year.

CONCERNS: Not sure how the o-line is this year; Paragould gave them some troubles [Paragould also held Nettleton to 21 pts.] Not sure how Batesville will handle the simple brutality of the Wynne o-line.

But even when Batesville SHOULDN'T beat Wynne, they seem to figure out a way to do it. Blytheville's Wide Receivers gave Wynne some fits; Batesville's WR's will be much more disciplined. I find myself leaning toward a Wynne victory, but this is just the scenario that Batesville coaches (and FF supporters) love!  :-\

Rick Swines

October 10, 2016, 10:10:48 am #11 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:38:15 pm by Rick Swines
I drove to Valley View to watch the Mighty wynne yellowjackets in person for the first time.  I was at the Mt. Home/Batesville game earlier this year. I'm not sure how good of a look I got there as it was raining and windy that night. 

First impressions of Wynne was they were shaky.  They lost a fumble, fumbled a punt, and allowed an onside kick all in the first half.  The offense didn't impress me the way blytheville coaches described it.  The defense looked out of position and not as physical as I expected.  But the second half they looked like new players put on the uniform.  They were physical on both sides of the ball.  I doubt they come out flat against Batesville at home.

Batesville didn't play well vs Mt. Home.  I only stayed until midway through the 2nd quarter because of the rain moving in but their passing game was affected by the wind I believe and Mt. Home did a good job stopping the run. 

From My observations

QB - Advantage Batesville
RB- Advantage Wynne
OL- Advantage Wynne
WR- Advantage Batesville
DL- Advantage Batesville
LB- Advantage Batesville
Secondary- Advantage Batesville
Environment- Advantage Wynne
Coaching- Advantage Batesville

mohawk

Quote from: Grond on October 09, 2016, 09:51:43 pm
Folks, football games like Batesville vs. Wynne are why Friday nights are worth a dang!  :) :D ;D

[Edit: I used a word besides "dang", but it got changed.  :-X ]

I have seen both teams play this year, so here are my 2 cents:

WYNNE
Running the flexbone much better this year, with simplified blocking for the o-line. Some success passing; but not sure how much Wynne has been passing. Lot of mixing and movement on defense. Good speed and group tackling.

CONCERNS: In general, Wynne's coaching staff tends to focus on using the athleticism advantages they have. The problem is that they tend to get into "mental ruts", and not react quickly to changes made by more competitive opponents.

For example: In last year's game [2015], Batesville noticed that Wynne tended to NOT use their spread WR's. So, the Batesville DB's would lineup on the WR's, then run toward the ball just before snap. This gave an extra set of outside LB's to help stop the run. Wynne did not figure this out until the second half.

BATESVILLE
A coaching staff second only to Pulaski Academy (although Blytheville coaches have done well). Very good at figuring out your weaknesses, on offense and defense. Have a good QB and WR's this year.

CONCERNS: Not sure how the o-line is this year; Paragould gave them some troubles [Paragould also held Nettleton to 21 pts.] Not sure how Batesville will handle the simple brutality of the Wynne o-line.

But even when Batesville SHOULDN'T beat Wynne, they seem to figure out a way to do it. Blytheville's Wide Receivers gave Wynne some fits; Batesville's WR's will be much more disciplined. I find myself leaning toward a Wynne victory, but this is just the scenario that Batesville coaches (and FF supporters) love!  :-\
What exactly did Wynne change for their o-line that made it simple? They seem to be a lot better this year...

Grond

Quote from: mohawk on October 10, 2016, 10:55:12 am
What exactly did Wynne change for their o-line that made it simple? They seem to be a lot better this year...

Last year [2015], Wynne tended to pull offensive lineman when running several flexbone plays. This allowed Batesville LB's to USE the pulling guards as a guide to where the ball was going. Also, the Wynne o-linemen were bad about not looking to the inside of the field when they crossed the line of scrimmage. Batesville LB's would let the o-lineman run past, then get the RB from the side.

Because Wynne is NOT pulling linemen this year (or not as much), the Batesville LB's can't use them as a guide. That means they have to watch the backfield more closely to see where the ball is going. Which can be difficult.....

Wynne did not get their offense going last year until they threw a few sideline passes (to make Batesville spread out), and ran some off-tackle pitches. If Wynne can use the whole field to execute their offense, then Batesville will have a tough night.

Grond

Quote from: Rick Swines on October 10, 2016, 10:10:48 am
I drove to Valley View to watch the Mighty wynne yellowjackets in person for the first time.  I was at the Mt. Home/Batesville game earlier this year. I'm not sure how good of a look I got there as it was raining and windy in Mt. Home that night. 

First impressions of Wynne was they were shaky.  They lost a fumble, fumbled a punt, and allowed an onside kick all in the first half.  The offense didn't impress me the way blytheville coaches described it.  The defense looked out of position and not as physical as I expected.  But the second half they looked like new players put on the uniform.  They were physical on both sides of the ball.  I doubt they come out flat against Batesville at home.

Batesville didn't play well at Mt. Home.  I only stayed until midway through the 2nd quarter because of the rain moving in but their passing game was affected by the wind I believe and Mt. Home did a good job stopping the run. 

From My observations

RB- Advantage Wynne
OL- Advantage Wynne
WR- Advantage Batesville
DL- Advantage Batesville
LB- Advantage Batesville

I would give the Wynne DL and LB the advantage. But we will find out Friday.

Rampage72501

October 10, 2016, 12:51:42 pm #15 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:59:11 pm by Rampage72501

Batesville didn't play well at Mt. Home.

Batesville has not played at Mountain Home since 2010.

Youngsta71701

Wynne in a close one. Wynne seems to be th most talented this year but this is a rivalry game. Usually comes down to the wire.

FD4

In the last three games Batesville has played, either the point spread went down, or the production went down even though they hung 40+ on Paragould.  Then there was the Forrest City Game, while 36 surely got the job done, Forrest City aint Wynne.  No, Wynne did not struggle against Valley View, we only punted once, handed vv an early Christmas present on our 11, and muffed a squib kick that gave them the ball on our end of the field.  The Blazers earned one score for sure, and I will give them the score on the muffed KO.  Out side of that, Wynne absolutely dominated them.  I dont think vv had any yards rushing in the second half against our starting defense.  Batesville has not seen a run defense like ours yet.  Jonesboro was pretty good, but I think we are better having seen both teams play.  The only weekness we have and I hate to say it, is our corner.  If the QB can get set, that might be an area to exploit.  That is a big if.  We only managed to pick off two passes against vv.

walkingguy72396

Guess no-one is going to mention the gifts Forrest City gave to Batesville.  Whoops guess I just did.

Rampage72501

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 10, 2016, 03:15:14 pm
Guess no-one is going to mention the gifts Forrest City gave to Batesville.  Whoops guess I just did.

Yep.  We appreciate the gift of being able to go over 60 yards in 2 plays and then the offside on the extra point to be able to tie the game in the first quarter.  We also appreciate you letting us drive 99 yards for a score in the 2nd half.  We loved both of those gifts.

walkingguy72396

Was not my gifts to give.  I'd think more the 3 bad snaps that took the stangs out of excellent scoring chances and the td that didnt count.

walkingguy72396

I'm not even a fan of the stangs,  Just watched the game on the cube to see if Batesville had any thing to really crow about.

Crow about the passing.  That was good.

The rest not so much.

mohawk

Quote from: Grond on October 10, 2016, 12:05:55 pm
Last year [2015], Wynne tended to pull offensive lineman when running several flexbone plays. This allowed Batesville LB's to USE the pulling guards as a guide to where the ball was going. Also, the Wynne o-linemen were bad about not looking to the inside of the field when they crossed the line of scrimmage. Batesville LB's would let the o-lineman run past, then get the RB from the side.

Because Wynne is NOT pulling linemen this year (or not as much), the Batesville LB's can't use them as a guide. That means they have to watch the backfield more closely to see where the ball is going. Which can be difficult.....

Wynne did not get their offense going last year until they threw a few sideline passes (to make Batesville spread out), and ran some off-tackle pitches. If Wynne can use the whole field to execute their offense, then Batesville will have a tough night.
I don't really know much about the flexbone, but what kind of plays were they pulling on? I'm trying to understand more about what they do. I didn't see last year's game, but what kind of passing plays do they run out of that offense? Seems there are a lot of people on here that are high on Batesville, what do you think about Wynne's o-line?

tmycjy

Flexbone is more of a opinion game

The_Pioneer

I already told you, Wynne is unbeatable.  Bet the farm.  Bet your neighbor's farm.  They beat Batesville for the first time in a while.  And dance the night away celebrating.

Rick Swines

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 10, 2016, 07:51:04 pm
I already told you, Wynne is unbeatable.  Bet the farm.  Bet your neighbor's farm.  They beat Batesville for the first time in a while.  And dance the night away celebrating.

Please quit the reverse jinx. Wynne is good. Batesville is good. It's going to be a great game. I just feel like the Batesville offensive line will dominate the game. They are top notch.

Grond

Quote from: mohawk on October 10, 2016, 05:27:52 pm
I don't really know much about the flexbone, but what kind of plays were they pulling on? I'm trying to understand more about what they do. I didn't see last year's game, but what kind of passing plays do they run out of that offense? Seems there are a lot of people on here that are high on Batesville, what do you think about Wynne's o-line?

I don't really know much about the flexbone, but what kind of plays were they pulling on?
Last year: Mainly plays run around the offensive tackle, where the backside guard would pull. Wynne had trouble running plays outside the tackles last year.

what kind of passing plays do they run out of that offense?
The flexbone has everyone in close, but sometimes Wynne would run pass plays out of this. Sometimes Wynne does send out a wide receiver.

what do you think about Wynne's o-line?
Wynne likely has the best offensive line in the 5A East, and is certainly one of the top 5 in the state 5A schools.

Keep in mind - I am a part time football junkie. Wynne and Batesville coaches might be reading this, and laughing at all the stuff I have wrong.  :-[

Lumberjackfan1978

Wynne takes this one by 2 touchdowns

#1jacketfan

I drove to Valley View to watch the Mighty wynne yellowjackets in person for the first time.  I was at the Mt. Home/Batesville game earlier this year. I'm not sure how good of a look I got there as it was raining and windy that night. 

Batesville didn't play well vs Mt. Home.  I only stayed until midway through the 2nd quarter because of the rain moving in but their passing game was affected by the wind I believe and Mt. Home did a good job stopping the run. 

From My observations

RB- Advantage Wynne
OL- Advantage Wynne
WR- Advantage Batesville
DL- Advantage Batesville
LB- Advantage Batesville
One of the reasons they probably didn't look as physical is because two of the three D-linemen that start didn't play against VV and they make a huge difference.

mohawk

#1jacketfan

Quote from: mohawk on October 11, 2016, 07:50:45 am
So Batesville's offensive line is the best in the 5A East?
I think he meant to say that the other way around? Maybe not tho...lol

FD4

After I watched the Jonesboro Batesville game, my opinion was this.  Batesville will get a steady dose of dive and blast between the tackles.  Then the option element of the FB will keep the linebackers guessing.  Maybe a sweep or two mixed in with the occasional pass if any at all.  Basically what we have been doing all season.  You know, three plays to the left and the same three plays to the right. ;D

Batesville will be our toughest game of the year.  They always are and the coaching staff up there is about as good as it gets.  Coach King does a great job with his players.  The only big difference I noticed with this years Batesville team is they did not look that big or as fast as some of the teams in the past.  But then again Jonesboro would make a lot of college teams look small.  I predict an 11 79 point spread in this game with a total of 79 points.  Wynne will run more plays than Batesville and have more first downs, Batesville will score 4 times through the air.

Pioneerman68

Batesville will be ready Friday night as I know Wynne will be as well. Good luck to both teams

tmycjy

Quote from: Pioneerman68 on October 11, 2016, 08:34:30 am
Batesville will be ready Friday night as I know Wynne will be as well. Good luck to both teams

So u come to the game if u are have a safe trip to wynne

TWSS24

Wynne has a pretty decent team this year. Much improved from last year, especially at the O line position. The tighter splits, I think, have improved the run game.

Batesville will always be a tough opponent for the Jackets. This year, the 10 season ending injuries set the Jackets up for a good opportunity for success. Despite the Nation playing injured, this will be a game for the books!

Pioneerman68

Quote from: tmycjy on October 11, 2016, 01:01:16 pm
Yes sir I will be there for sure ! have not missed one in several years , my son is a senior on this years team. I believe this will be a great game.

panther07

Quote from: Grond on October 10, 2016, 12:05:55 pm

I know very little about Wynne, but I do know a pretty large amount about the flexbone.  If they are pulling guards, that's more of a wing t type offense.  The flexbone utilizes veer and belly/cross block schemes.  I don't know what variations Wynne uses in their particular offense, but pulling guards is not wise if you don't have some form of play to eliminate that key.  Wing T for example will pull a guard the wrong direction to make that LB not able to key on the guard.  To be redundant, I don't know what Wynne is doing, but I'm glad they have stopped pulling guards if they are running true flexbone. 

tmycjy

Quote from: Pioneerman68 on October 11, 2016, 02:03:21 pm
Quote from: tmycjy on October 11, 2016, 01:01:16 pm
Yes sir I will be there for sure ! have not missed one in several years , my son is a senior on this years team. I believe this will be a great game.

Wish u luck hope u go home sad lol lol lol lol lol

Rick Swines

If I could add the audio of a delusional conversation I just had with a wynne fan all of you would laugh. First the fan was trying to tell me Wynne would beat batesville by double digits and go on the beat PA in the finals. Wynne may win but it will be a 1 td game. I could see Batesville blowing Wynne out. I watched last year's game and Batesville had wide open receivers all night. They will do the same this year. Only difference is Wynne will score alot on batesvilles injury depleted defense.

I can't wait for this game. I feel the winner is a near lock to make it to the championship game.

The_Pioneer

Listen, if you would've just paid the guy for your pizza, he woulda gotten in his car and driven himself back to work.

Overdahill

Quote from: Rick Swines on October 11, 2016, 08:11:31 pm
If I could add the audio of a delusional conversation I just had with a wynne fan all of you would laugh. First the fan was trying to tell me Wynne would beat batesville by double digits and go on the beat PA in the finals. Wynne may win but it will be a 1 td game. I could see Batesville blowing Wynne out. I watched last year's game and Batesville had wide open receivers all night. They will do the same this year. Only difference is Wynne will score alot on batesvilles injury depleted defense.

I can't wait for this game. I feel the winner is a near lock to make it to the championship game.

I'm convinced. Wynne is now the heavy favorite having already ordered their rings. PA has an outside chance of hanging with them for a quarter or so if they make it to the finals :)

Jacketalum07

Grond

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 11, 2016, 08:18:06 pm
Listen, if you would've just paid the guy for your pizza, he woulda gotten in his car and driven himself back to work.

Well played, sir.  ;)

walkingguy72396

Double Digits.  I suggest most teams get beat by double digits.

#1jacketfan

I don't wanna hear anything about injuries we've had our fair share....not to mention we've played all year with out our starting full back.

mohawk

All I keep hearing about this week is about Batesville's "injury depleted defense." I'm curious why this wasn't brought up whenever they were playing teams like Paragould and Forrest City? It's also interesting that most of the defensive players that played against Jonesboro at the beginning of the year are the same ones that played last week against Forrest City. How many players have to get injured to "deplete" a defense in 5A football?

Pioneerman68

Quote from: tmycjy on October 11, 2016, 07:40:34 pm
Wish u luck hope u go home sad lol lol lol lol lol

Lol, as long as we play well win or lose I will not be sad. I hope both teams play well. Good luck to you as well.

Pioneerman68

Quote from: mohawk on October 12, 2016, 08:58:10 am
All I keep hearing about this week is about Batesville's "injury depleted defense." I'm curious why this wasn't brought up whenever they were playing teams like Paragould and Forrest City? It's also interesting that most of the defensive players that played against Jonesboro at the beginning of the year are the same ones that played last week against Forrest City. How many players have to get injured to "deplete" a defense in 5A football?

Well, to be exact 17 kids have had injuries , 12 season ending injuries . Batesville will be fine ,you will not hear any of the Batesville coaches making excuses , we have had guys step up and have been learning and playing better each week. Win or lose Batesville will play until the last play on Friday. Good luck to both teams

wynnefootballfan

The smart money when it comes to the Wynne v. Batesville game is not to bet on it. Just show up early get your popcorn and enjoy the show. What the teams look like on paper means nothing to these guys. I remember some games when the jackets should have been blown out on paper and it came down to a 2pt conversion for overtime or a couple years later a kneel down and a win (stupid spots center fumble recovery clip).. The game a couple of years ago when Wynne was the favorite on paper with a D1 QB and weapons,.. Batesville wins. Another game in there when the Jackets go to Batesville and beat the favored Neers. From Jr high on the only thing these kids want as much as a championship is bragging rights over one another. For two communities in NEA, week 7 is nearly a Holiday. I do like our chances, we do have a really good team. I'm picking the jackests by at least 1. I will only breath easy around 11 o'clock Friday night..lol.

FD4

Yep, we will take all 25 of our guys and play ball.  Wynne aint scared of two bus loads of Batesville players dressing out 85 guys.  Bring em on.  Just like Bruce Lee we are, whip a bus load of bandits with two buses on the way! 

All of NEA is looking forward to this game.  It will be The game in the state Friday night and both of these head coaches, their staff and especially their teams deserve no less than full coverage of this game.  I too say good luck both Coach Hill and Coach King, the 2016 Yellowjackets and the 2016 Pioneers.  Play hard, play clean, show respect, help each other get better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas