• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff Bracket Prediction

Started by jimmyt, October 07, 2016, 02:47:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PercussionMan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 14, 2016, 11:13:33 am
I think some of the seniors on that 2013 Morrilton team are still playing for them this year. :)

That's just not right....such a low blow.  Haha!!  These guys (2016 team....all 18 years old and below now) are a resilient bunch....just keeping their heads up and trying to handle business each week, one week at a time, as usual.  IF they end up with a first round game at Wynne, that thing could be a "barn burner" with a semi-final/final type game feel.

AT

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 10, 2016, 06:12:24 pm
Here is best case scenario for Morrilton:

Maumelle beats Alma

Greenbrier beats Harrison

Maumelle beats Harrison

Farmington beats Harrison

Alma beats Greenbrier

Vilonia beats Greenbrier

Morrilton obviously wins out.

Alma and Greenbrier getting as few as tiebreaker points as possible.

This would leave:

Alma (5-2)
Morrilton (5-2)
Greenbrier (5-2)
Harrison (4-3)

You have a perfect triangle for the top 3. If Morrilton and Alma have the top two tiebreaker points, Morrilton gets the #1 seed.

Not a likely scenario, but possible and best case.

EDIT: For my own stupidity.

One down for the unlikely one seed.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 16, 2016, 07:47:52 pm
One down for the unlikely one seed.

LOL....I don't think we have to worry about this all shaping up.  Maumelle won't beat Alma....probably not Harrison either.  Farmington probably won't beat Harrison either.  And, Vilonia won't beat Greenbrier.

As a Morrilton fan, I'm thinking realistically....#3 or #4 seed.  Either way, you've gotta play the best teams and beat the best teams to be considered a contender for the state title.

jimmyt

Round 1:
(C1) PA
(S4)Fairview

(W2)Greenbrier
(E3)Batesville

(S1)Chapel
(C4)LRCA

(E2)Blythville
(W3)Harrison

(E1)Wynne
(W4)Morrilton

(S2)White Hall
(C3)McClellan

(W1)Alma
(E4)Nettleton

(C2)Sylvan
(S3)Lakeside

JacketDad

Quote from: jimmyt on October 18, 2016, 11:32:13 am
Round 1:
(C1) PA
(S4)Fairview

(W2)Greenbrier
(E3)Batesville

(S1)Chapel
(C4)LRCA

(E2)Blythville
(W3)Harrison

(E1)Wynne
(W4)Morrilton

(S2)White Hall
(C3)McClellan

(W1)Alma
(E4)Nettleton

(C2)Sylvan
(S3)Lakeside
So, according to this Wynne's route to WMS would be Morrilton, White Hall/McClellan and then Alma/Sylvan Hills?  WOW!!!  Has to be the toughest route for any #1 seed in a LONG time.

the voice

If the prediction holds up , two championship caliber teams will play in that game. Shame one has to go home early.

jimmyt

Yeah and look how easy PA will have it... Fairview/HS then Greenbrier, then Chapel...They'll be fresh while Wynne will be beat up.. I think Wynne can beat PA but not if PA is fresh for the final and Wynne is banged up...

MDXPHD

Quote from: jimmyt on October 19, 2016, 09:52:19 am
Yeah and look how easy PA will have it... Fairview/HS then Greenbrier, then Chapel...They'll be fresh while Wynne will be beat up.. I think Wynne can beat PA but not if PA is fresh for the final and Wynne is banged up...

Maybe Wynne should just not worry about the finals yet.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 19, 2016, 10:43:43 am
Maybe Wynne should just not worry about the finals yet.

Yeah, thats 6 games away. A lot can happen to any team in that time.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: jimmyt on October 19, 2016, 09:52:19 am

So you think Greenbrier finally breaks that 5 straight years to lose to Batesville in the playoffs streak?

jimmyt

Yes.. Greenbrier is a better team.. Home field will help too!

MDXPHD

Quote from: jimmyt on October 19, 2016, 01:45:24 pm
Yes.. Greenbrier is a better team.. Home field will help too!

Heard that in 2012. It may be true this season..but that's not a good enough reason. Batesville always seems to match up well with GB.

#1jacketfan

They will give GCT a good game....

GuvHog

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 19, 2016, 07:49:21 pm
They will give GCT a good game....

For GCT to stay close to Batesville would be a shocker and I say that as a GCT Alum. If GCT by some miracle is able to pull of an upset over Batesville, the GCT faithful might try to tear the goal posts down.

MDXPHD

Quote from: GuvHog on October 20, 2016, 09:55:23 am
For GCT to stay close to Batesville would be a shocker and I say that as a GCT Alum. If GCT by some miracle is able to pull of an upset over Batesville, the GCT faithful might try to tear the goal posts down.

It won't be close. Wynne is still high from their "everything went right" against Batesville game. Let them boast...it hasn't happened too much recently. They deserve it this year.

wynnefootballfan

It happens to everyone now and then. I'm actually excited about how much gas money I'm gonna save through the playoffs this year. I do hope I have to fill up the tank to go to Little Rock though.

MDXPHD

Need to change that east 2 seed.

The A-Team

Has Magnolia knocked Camden Fairview out of the playoff picture with their win over WC and finish the season without a loss?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas