• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff Bracket Prediction

Started by jimmyt, October 07, 2016, 02:47:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyt

I know it's a little early but this is how I'm guessing it will go down..

Round 1:
(C1) PA
(S4)Fairview

(W2)Greenbrier
(E3)Blythville

(S1)Chapel
(C4)LRCA

(E2)Forrest City
(W3)Harrison

(E1)Wynne
(W4)Morrilton

(S2)White Hall
(C3)McClellan

(W1)Alma
(E4)Batesville

(C2)Sylvan
(S3)Lakeside

jimmyt

Round 2:
PA
Greenbrier

Chapel
Forrest City

Wynne
McClellan

Alma
Sylvan

jimmyt

jimmyt

Final:
PA
Wynne

Wynne beats PA to win State

Chief-Chickasaw

Sorry I seriously doubt Forest City will be the 2 seed in the East. That will go to the winner of Blytheville and Batesville.

The_Pioneer

Boy, how'd you like to win your conference and your first round reward is Batesville?

The Future

October 07, 2016, 08:34:11 pm #6 Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 08:35:54 pm by The Future
Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 07, 2016, 08:03:27 pm
Boy, how'd you like to win your conference and your first round reward is Batesville?

Well. Batesville at the 4th seed would mean they were the 4th best team in the East. Meaning there are 3 teams from that conference better. Sooo wouldn't you rather play the 4th best team than the 1st or 2nd? (or 3rd)

I get what youre saying though. Typically a 1st seed vs a 4th seed is a nothing game. But a W1 Alma vs a E4 Batesville game would be quite a match up. Think Alma might have the edge this season though. Especially if its at Alma. But Batesville's playoff track has been just as impressive as the next over the past decade. Neers are a very good team late in the season. Would be a fun game. But Im pretty sure Batesville won't finish 4th

MDXPHD

Quote from: The Future on October 07, 2016, 08:34:11 pm
Well. Batesville at the 4th seed would mean they were the 4th best team in the East. Meaning there are 3 teams from that conference better. Sooo wouldn't you rather play the 4th best team than the 1st or 2nd? (or 3rd)

I get what youre saying though. Typically a 1st seed vs a 4th seed is a nothing game. But a W1 Alma vs a E4 Batesville game would be quite a match up. Think Alma might have the edge this season though. Especially if its at Alma

Morrilton might disagree with a comment like this.

The Future

MDXPHD

I'm my sure why, but I just don't think FC has what it takes. So this bracket Needs to be adjusted.

AIREDALE25

I have this Feeling 5A Championship will come down To Alma Vs PA with Alma winning by a very small margin

jacketsnum1fam

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on October 09, 2016, 01:26:48 pm
I have this Feeling 5A Championship will come down To Alma Vs PA with Alma winning by a very small margin
Someone seems very biased with Alma.

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 07, 2016, 09:10:40 pm
I'm my sure why, but I just don't think FC has what it takes. So this bracket Needs to be adjusted.

Agreed. I believe Batesville and Blytheville will get the 2 and 3 seeds with Forrest City and Nettleton fighting it out for the 4th seed.

AIREDALE25

Quote from: jacketsnum1fam on October 09, 2016, 01:28:48 pm
Someone seems very biased with Alma.
So you think Alma won't make it through November to the Championship

woopork

AIREDALE25

I just think Alma will wake up and not make little mistakes like they did Friday. As in Missing 2pt Conversions and missing wide open recivers. I think they will win out the rest of the season and do well into the playoffs. If it come down to PA and
ALMA I think Alma has a 80% chance of winning

MikeDiesel™

Round 1:
(C1) PA
(S4) DeQueen

(W2) Greenbrier
(E3) Batesville

(S1) Watson Chapel
(C4) McClellan

(E2) Blytheville
(W3) Morrilton

(E1) Wynne
(W4) Harrison

(S2) White Hall
(C3) LRCA

(W1) Alma
(E4) Forrest City

(C2) Sylvan Hills
(S3) Lakeside

PA
Greenbrier
McClellan
Blytheville
Wynne
LRCA
Alma
Sylvan Hills

PA
Blytheville
Wynne
Sylvan Hills

PA
Wynne

Wynne

As of today, this is how I would predict.

Gob-Fan

Harrison would have to loose 3 out of their last four games to get the 4 spot below Morrilton.....I don't think that will happen.

AIREDALE25

Quote from: Gob-Fan on October 09, 2016, 03:38:14 pm
Harrison would have to loose 3 out of their last four games to get the 4 spot below Morrilton.....I don't think that will happen.
They will Definitely beat Farmington and Maumelle but Greenbrier will be close as well as Alma. I could see them going 2-2 The next 4 weeks

Wonderdog

Round 1:
(C1) PA
(S4) Magnolia

(W2) Greenbrier
(E3) Blytheville

(S1) Watson Chapel
(C4) LR Christian

(E2) Batesville
(W3) Harrison

(E1) Wynne
(W4) Morrilton

(S2) White Hall
(C3) LR McClellan

(W1) Alma
(E4) Forrest City

(C2) Sylvan Hills
(S3) HS Lakeside

Round 2:
(C1) PA
(W2) Greenbrier

(S1) Watson Chapel
(E2) Batesville

(E1) Wynne
(C3) LR McClellan

(W1) Alma
(C2) Sylvan Hills

Semi's:
(C1) PA
(E2) Batesville

(E1) Wynne
(W1) Alma

Finals:
(C1) PA
(E1) Wynne

Champion:
PA

PA Dad

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on October 09, 2016, 03:28:41 pm
I just think Alma will wake up and not make little mistakes like they did Friday. As in Missing 2pt Conversions and missing wide open recivers. I think they will win out the rest of the season and do well into the playoffs. If it come down to PA and
ALMA I think Alma has a 80% chance of winning

I like a fan who is confident about the team.  You certainly are.  I think PA/Alma would be a great game.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on October 09, 2016, 03:28:45 pm

(W2) Greenbrier
(E3) Batesville

Poor Greenbrier.  They have to see Pioneers in their sleep at this point of the season.  What is it, 4 seasons in a row?

Overdahill

Its called a Recurring Nightmare :o

the voice

I think if there's a team from the west in WMS , it will be Morrilton. They may have a tough road to get there but you gotta beat the top teams anyway.

Wonderdog

October 09, 2016, 11:16:11 pm #24 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:21:54 pm by Wonderdog
Quote from: the voice on October 09, 2016, 07:39:29 pm
I think if there's a team from the west in WMS , it will be Morrilton. They may have a tough road to get there but you gotta beat the top teams anyway.
True, but it will be a tough road to drive down.

Gob-Fan

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on October 09, 2016, 03:45:34 pm
They will Definitely beat Farmington and Maumelle but Greenbrier will be close as well as Alma. I could see them going 2-2 The next 4 weeks
[/quote

That's a possibility. That's why they can't be a 4 seed under Morrilton. I still think they beat Greenbrier this week.

jimmyt

Corrections to the East made but won't make a difference... Still Wynne vs PA in the final. Alma is obviously not even the best team from the West so I don't see them getting to War Memorial.

Round 1:
(C1) PA
(S4)Fairview

(W2)Greenbrier
(E3)Batesville

(S1)Chapel
(C4)LRCA

(E2)Blythville
(W3)Harrison

(E1)Wynne
(W4)Morrilton

(S2)White Hall
(C3)McClellan

(W1)Alma
(E4)Forrest City

(C2)Sylvan
(S3)Lakeside

the voice

Quote from: Gob-Fan on October 09, 2016, 03:38:14 pm
Wrong
Greenbrier or Harrison needs to win out and get the one seed. This causes a three way tie for 2-4, low point gets 4, the two remaining go head to head. Which could realistically be Morrilton and Alma. Morrilton would get 2 seed

AT

Going to be tough for Greenbrier and Harrison to win out this year with this week's game looming.

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 07, 2016, 08:36:23 pm
Morrilton might disagree with a comment like this.

He said the "4th best team in the EAST".

PercussionMan

Quote from: the voice on October 10, 2016, 10:08:57 am
Wrong
Greenbrier or Harrison needs to win out and get the one seed. This causes a three way tie for 2-4, low point gets 4, the two remaining go head to head. Which could realistically be Morrilton and Alma. Morrilton would get 2 seed

I'm not banking on Morrilton getting anything above the 3, and that'll be tough.

Deuceswild

Still a bit early, current 1s and 2s all play this week, I will throw in my 2 cents after we see how things fall into place Friday night.

AT

October 10, 2016, 06:12:24 pm #32 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:31:26 pm by Almatrackster
Here is best case scenario for Morrilton:

Maumelle beats Alma

Greenbrier beats Harrison

Maumelle beats Harrison

Farmington beats Harrison

Alma beats Greenbrier

Vilonia beats Greenbrier

Morrilton obviously wins out.

Alma and Greenbrier getting as few as tiebreaker points as possible.

This would leave:

Alma (5-2)
Morrilton (5-2)
Greenbrier (5-2)
Harrison (4-3)

You have a perfect triangle for the top 3. If Morrilton and Alma have the top two tiebreaker points, Morrilton gets the #1 seed.

Not a likely scenario, but possible and best case.

EDIT: For my own stupidity.

Deuceswild

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 10, 2016, 06:12:24 pm

Maumelle beats Alma

Maumelle beats Harrison

Alma beats Greenbrier

Vilonia beats Greenbrier

This would leave:

Alma (6-2)
Morrilton (6-2)
Greenbrier (6-2)
Harrison (5-3)

You have a perfect triangle for the top 3. If Morrilton and Alma have the top two tiebreaker points, Morrilton gets the #1 seed.

See what I'm saying? Scenarios almost cut in half after Friday night

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 10, 2016, 06:12:24 pm

Maumelle beats Alma

Maumelle beats Harrison

Alma beats Greenbrier

Vilonia beats Greenbrier

This would leave:

Alma (6-2)
Morrilton (6-2)
Greenbrier (6-2)
Harrison (5-3)

You have an extra game in the records.  Only 7 conference games.

AT

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on October 10, 2016, 09:21:09 pm
You have an extra game in the records.  Only 7 conference games.

I'm giving us an extra win for all of us trying so hard this year.

No, but seriously, thanks.

PercussionMan

Well, Maumelle won't be Alma....and probably not Harrison either.  I was being realistic!!  LOL!!

Austin.Sutton

The only thing that matters is who can beat PA in the end.

tmycjy

Wynne maybe the only one who might could come close to them not saying some other team may not come up with one shock game and beat PA

Rick Swines

The East Standings will be
1. Batesville
2. Wynne
3. Blytheville
4. Forrest City

West will Be
1. Alma
2. Greenbriar
3. Harrison
4. Morrilton

Not sure about other two

PercussionMan

Quote from: tmycjy on October 11, 2016, 12:58:40 pm
Wynne maybe the only one who might could come close to them not saying some other team may not come up with one shock game and beat PA

There are always naysayers....everyone said that no one would beat P.A. in 2013 also (go back and see for yourself).  And, we know what happened there....they got beat, at home, in the second round of the playoffs.  Any given night....you play 48 minutes....ALL 48 minutes, and you might just win....ask Morrilton.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: Rick Swines on October 11, 2016, 01:25:51 pm
1. Batesville
2. Wynne
3. Blytheville
4. Forrest City

West will Be
1. Alma
2. Greenbriar
3. Harrison
4. Morrilton

Not sure about other two

I would say that you aren't real sure about those 2 :)

the voice

the voice

Quote from: PercussionMan on October 11, 2016, 03:28:23 pm
There are always naysayers....everyone said that no one would beat P.A. in 2013 also (go back and see for yourself).  And, we know what happened there....they got beat, at home, in the second round of the playoffs.  Any given night....you play 48 minutes....ALL 48 minutes, and you might just win....ask Morrilton.

Shock game or not ! You only gotta beat em once !

GuvHog

1. Batesville
2. Wynne
3. Blytheville
4. Forrest City

West will Be
1. Alma
2. Greenbriar
3. Harrison
4. Morrilton

Not sure about other two

Since that Batesville-Wynne game is at Wynne this week, I wouldn't hang my hat on the Pioneers getting the East's #1 seed.

Rampage72501

Quote from: GuvHog on October 11, 2016, 04:21:04 pm
Since that Batesville-Wynne game is at Wynne this week, I wouldn't hang my hat on the Pioneers getting the East's #1 seed.

The guy making this prediction is also the guy who was talking about watching the Pioneers not playing well in Mountain Home.  The last time the Pioneers played in Mountain Home was 2010, and they played well enough to have a 35-0 halftime lead.

I wouldn't put muck stock in this prediction.

Chief-Chickasaw

1. Batesville
2. Wynne
3. Blytheville
4. Forrest City

West will Be
1. Alma
2. Greenbriar
3. Harrison
4. Morrilton

Not sure about other two

For Batesville to get the one seed they would have to beat Wynne which would create a 3 way tie again. Then it is all points from there

Rampage72501

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on October 13, 2016, 05:01:29 pm
For Batesville to get the one seed they would have to beat Wynne which would create a 3 way tie again. Then it is all points from there

So, you guys have already chalked up the win next week? Gotcha.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 13, 2016, 05:27:51 pm
So, you guys have already chalked up the win next week? Gotcha.

Bahahaha Sorry meant it could make a 3 way tie. If Wynne wins Blytheville and Batesville will be playing for second. I'm only thinking of ways to win conference. Lol

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PercussionMan on October 11, 2016, 03:28:23 pm
I think some of the seniors on that 2013 Morrilton team are still playing for them this year. :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas