• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview vs Magnolia

Started by The A-Team, October 04, 2016, 08:39:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The A-Team

Let's talk! Cardinals need to make a statement and be ready to tackle that kid K. Roach. He's very physical.

Youngsta71701

If they don't it will be another long night for the defense. This kid is only a sophomore but he's legit. We better load the box and take away the run. Make them pass the ball to beat us. One safety deep is all that's needed unless it's 3rd or 4th and forever.

Youngsta71701

October 06, 2016, 07:51:16 am #2 Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:50:26 am by Youngsta71701
Come on Cardinal fans. I know so far this year has been a disappointment so far. Especially compared to our expectations of the program. But we can still talk about it. We can either vent or drink some Kool-Aid. Either way it goes it helps to get things off your chest. ;D

If anybody thinks we should go to either a 4-4, a 5-3, or a 3-5 for the rest of the year to help slow down the run, at least on 1st and 2nd down please raise your hands. ???

The A-Team

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 06, 2016, 07:51:16 am
Come on Cardinal fans. I know so far this year has been a disappointment so far. Especially compared to our expectations of the program. But we can still talk about it. We can either vent or drink some Kool-Aid. Either way it goes it helps to get things off your chest. ;D

If anybody thinks we should either got to a 4-4, a 5-3, or a 3-5 for the rest of the year to help slow down the run, at least on 1st and 2nd down please raise your hands. ???
Both hands raised! We can still put ourselves in the playoff picture if we make adjustments now. Not tomorrow but now!!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on October 06, 2016, 11:41:00 am
Both hands raised! We can still put ourselves in the playoff picture if we make adjustments now. Not tomorrow but now!!
Yep, the next 4 games are very winnable.

The A-Team

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 06, 2016, 11:49:29 am
Yep, the next 4 games are very winnable.
I tell you something else. I went to the JV game Monday because a friend told me to check them out because there's a couple of kids that can help on Friday's. Hey man!!! I noticed one lineman that was impressive and if you know anyone who was there ask them......the QB ran like a man amongst boys. He ran over a kid and never stopped running. Bearden fans was saying he shouldn't be out here with JV. Ask anyone who may have been there. Why is this kid on the bench? #32 looked good also. I know it was JV but I saw good plays by these kids.

GuvHog

That Magnolia defense is no slouch. They held a Lakeside offense that scored in the 40's against Camden Fairview to only 21 points last week. It sounds like the cardinals will have their hands full.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2016, 01:43:47 pm
That Magnolia defense is no slouch. They held a Lakeside offense that scored in the 40's against Camden Fairview to only 21 points last week. It sounds like the cardinals will have their hands full.
Correction, Lakeside put up 56 on Camden.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on October 06, 2016, 01:38:00 pm
I tell you something else. I went to the JV game Monday because a friend told me to check them out because there's a couple of kids that can help on Friday's. Hey man!!! I noticed one lineman that was impressive and if you know anyone who was there ask them......the QB ran like a man amongst boys. He ran over a kid and never stopped running. Bearden fans was saying he shouldn't be out here with JV. Ask anyone who may have been there. Why is this kid on the bench? #32 looked good also. I know it was JV but I saw good plays by these kids.
#10 is the backup QB that should be playing somewhere until his turn. #51 is another 10th grader that should be starting on the O-line over #63. #32 gets some playing time at OLB on the varsity. He's in the 11th grade.

We have 4 kids that should be playing both ways on Friday nights. #33 McCoy at DE, #9 Hargraves at MLB, #5 Lewis at CB, and #2 Thompson at Safety. If they were playing both ways we might have one lost and that's to El Dorado.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2016, 01:43:47 pm
Yep, we will but I think we will find a way to score more points than them.

that1guy2110

Where would you put the odd man put of the d ends if 33 played both ways? I feel like tgey are also too good of players to be off the field

GuvHog

October 07, 2016, 07:59:30 am #11 Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 08:04:18 am by GuvHog
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 06, 2016, 07:28:18 pm
#10 is the backup QB that should be playing somewhere until his turn. #51 is another 10th grader that should be starting on the O-line over #63. #32 gets some playing time at OLB on the varsity. He's in the 11th grade.

We have 4 kids that should be playing both ways on Friday nights. #33 McCoy at DE, #9 Hargraves at MLB, #5 Lewis at CB, and #2 Thompson at Safety. If they were playing both ways we might have one lost and that's to El Dorado.

Playing a lot of players both ways in the 5A classification is very difficult because most 5A teams have very few players going both ways. Shiloh Christian found that out the hard way a few years back when they moved up to 5A for a couple of years then quickly jumped ship back to 4A.

Maynard G Krebs

Remember when this matchup had more on the line?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on October 07, 2016, 07:59:30 am
Playing a lot of players both ways in the 5A classification is very difficult because most 5A teams have very few players going both ways. Shiloh Christian found that out the hard way a few years back when they moved up to 5A for a couple of years then quickly jumped ship back to 4A.
White Hall plays some of their players both ways. They have to be honest with you and you have to be honest with them. When they need a break they need to let you know. There are only a few special players on each team that have the ability to play both ways and not skip a beat. I wouldn't want all of my best players playing both ways just a few.

Youngsta71701

October 07, 2016, 12:06:43 pm #14 Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:13:32 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: that1guy2110 on October 06, 2016, 08:25:53 pm
Where would you put the odd man put of the d ends if 33 played both ways? I feel like tgey are also too good of players to be off the field
Wouldn't want 33 or the others to play both ways full time. Just important situations. Like on 3rd or 4th downs or when we need to get a key stop. Then again I might let #9 Hargraves play both ways full time until he needs a break. Might be a better linebacker than he is a running back. He's a head hunter. Kid is a beast!

The A-Team

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 07, 2016, 12:06:43 pm
Wouldn't want 33 or the others to play both ways full time. Just important situations. Like on 3rd or 4th downs or when we need to get a key stop. Then again I might let #9 Hargraves play both ways full time until he needs a break. Might be a better linebacker than he is a running back. He's a head hunter. Kid is a beast!
He is a beast at LB.

that1guy2110

Youngsta71701

Smh...I'm just so hurt and speechless right now...We've been on a steady decline since you know what. Feel so bad for the kids.

The A-Team

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 07, 2016, 10:58:58 pm
Smh...I'm just so hurt and speechless right now...We've been on a steady decline since you know what. Feel so bad for the kids.
I feel your pain. We need an OC and DC. And we need them now. The HC nearly got into a brawl with a parent. What wrong at CF? Tell me something Youngsta!

GuvHog

This one surprised me. I figured that Magnolia would pull off a close upset eventually but I never thought I'd see the day that they would beat CF like that.

PapaHog

Mondon was an excellent DC at ElDo. What makes him a bad DC now? I thought the offense was the problem last night. Couldn't hang on to the ball. Play calling wasn't bad. Just failed to make plays offensively all night. Kids shut down.

The A-Team

Quote from: PapaHog on October 08, 2016, 09:36:52 am
Mondon was an excellent DC at ElDo. What makes him a bad DC now? I thought the offense was the problem last night. Couldn't hang on to the ball. Play calling wasn't bad. Just failed to make plays offensively all night. Kids shut down.
They scored 45 pts. The secondary got beat all night. QB ran a 40 yard TD right up the middle untouched on 3rd and forever. So I guess you're right Defense played good. Turnovers did hurt but we ran the same plays over and over. Big WR got about 4 passes. #5 touched it about 6 times. Yeah OC did good. Not to mention when #10 comes in can anyone tell us what the play is going to be? Did we know when Magnolia was going to pass? A decent OC is not that predictable.  My opinion.

that1guy2110

He hasnt been a problem until last night. 5 turnovers. One was A pick 6 and 2 more inside our own 20. Defense did fine considering some situations they were put in. I find it hard to beleive that we have a completely new staff and they are all idiots too. 

The A-Team

Quote from: that1guy2110 on October 08, 2016, 01:15:39 pm
He hasnt been a problem until last night. 5 turnovers. One was A pick 6 and 2 more inside our own 20. Defense did fine considering some situations they were put in. I find it hard to beleive that we have a completely new staff and they are all idiots too.
Just one of them in my opinion.

that1guy2110

We prolly had 200 yards on penalties with 5 turnovers I just cant imagine trying to put that on anybody player or coach. The offense as a unit did not have one of there better nights. It happens sometimes

PapaHog

Hey Mr. A Team. Plays were called to go to those guys. Players weren't making the right plays. The play calling was fine. When you have a bubble called to your uncovered slot, who then runs upfield instead running the play that was called, how is that the coaches fault? I'm just wondering.

The A-Team

Quote from: PapaHog on October 09, 2016, 04:53:14 pm
Hey Mr. A Team. Plays were called to go to those guys. Players weren't making the right plays. The play calling was fine. When you have a bubble called to your uncovered slot, who then runs upfield instead running the play that was called, how is that the coaches fault? I'm just wondering.
You're talking about when #10 was pulling up to throw and #3 was blocking. I saw that. But it still a play we have called 14 times already. Predictable my friend. I don't care what you say. You can change that.

PapaHog

No. I'm talking about when 2 was uncovered to the right and had 2 on 1 with on of your best athletes. It was a bubble screen called to the right. 14 pulled to throw and 2 was running up field. That's not on play calling. That's a great play call. If it were predictable, then he wouldn't have been uncovered. It happened all night long where the kids were busting play calls. Maybe the coaches didn't do a good enough job preparing, but I doubt after 5-6 weeks into the season that kids don't know a simple play like that. That's lack of effort and focus. The coaches can't get out on the field and run the play themselves. Turnovers from one of your better players that you rely on. Lack of effort. And then the off the field stuff (on the field) after the game. It looks like a team ready to quit and a society that tells them it's okay to quit when things aren't going your way. Everything about Friday night was an embarrassment to anybody associated with this program. Now I don't voice my opinion to often on here, but this is a program that has went through nearly 30 coaches in 2 years. Not a single program has had success in those 2 years, even though football made the playoffs last year. So you're telling me that they hired about 30 coaches that didn't know how to coach and just decided to leave? At some point, parents need to stay out of it to a certain point and coaches need to be allowed to coach. I think this is much more than a coach problem.

Randy

Quote from: PapaHog on October 10, 2016, 10:03:54 am
No. I'm talking about when 2 was uncovered to the right and had 2 on 1 with on of your best athletes. It was a bubble screen called to the right. 14 pulled to throw and 2 was running up field. That's not on play calling. That's a great play call. If it were predictable, then he wouldn't have been uncovered. It happened all night long where the kids were busting play calls. Maybe the coaches didn't do a good enough job preparing, but I doubt after 5-6 weeks into the season that kids don't know a simple play like that. That's lack of effort and focus. The coaches can't get out on the field and run the play themselves. Turnovers from one of your better players that you rely on. Lack of effort. And then the off the field stuff (on the field) after the game. It looks like a team ready to quit and a society that tells them it's okay to quit when things aren't going your way. Everything about Friday night was an embarrassment to anybody associated with this program. Now I don't voice my opinion to often on here, but this is a program that has went through nearly 30 coaches in 2 years. Not a single program has had success in those 2 years, even though football made the playoffs last year. So you're telling me that they hired about 30 coaches that didn't know how to coach and just decided to leave? At some point, parents need to stay out of it to a certain point and coaches need to be allowed to coach. I think this is much more than a coach problem.

This!!! +1

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PapaHog on October 08, 2016, 09:36:52 am
Don't have 300 pound DT's and 250 pound DE's to bail him out. He has to realize that and put a NT on the line, bring an extra safety in the box, or bring another MLB in the box.

Youngsta71701

October 10, 2016, 11:12:44 am #30 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:34:00 pm by Youngsta71701
If a coach cusses out my son and tells him to get his butt off his field I think I might have problem with that to a degree. I don't personally have a problem with the coach but I think he is a bit stubborn and stuck in his way of thinking. Have to be willing to change sometimes to improve. Have to be able to adjust to your personnel. We're never going to have as BIG a team as El Dorado. So what are we going to do? Keep on doing the same thing if it don't work.

PapaHog

I don't think he cussed him. However, you couldn't have said it any better. Coaches do have to adjust to their personnel. That's part of being a great coach! We aren't the Camden of old. Undersized.

Cardinalboi07

Said a mouthful there. I saw that as well. If you take away the last minute of the first half it's a good chance we win. I thought the defense did pretty well considering it was missing a senior in the middle and had to defend a short field on several occasions. There solid sophomore RB didnt have a great game against us, but there QB channeled Trevor Knight a couple of times. IDK what to say other than I feel like the attitude in the program is not where it needs to be. The fans, the coaches and the players.. just seems like everybody is pedaling their own way. Hard to explain

The A-Team

yeah I remember that too. Well you want have to worry about that Friday because I think #2 quit today.

The A-Team

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on October 10, 2016, 02:38:28 pm
Said a mouthful there. I saw that as well. If you take away the last minute of the first half it's a good chance we win. I thought the defense did pretty well considering it was missing a senior in the middle and had to defend a short field on several occasions. There solid sophomore RB didnt have a great game against us, but there QB channeled Trevor Knight a couple of times. IDK what to say other than I feel like the attitude in the program is not where it needs to be. The fans, the coaches and the players.. just seems like everybody is pedaling their own way. Hard to explain
+1

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on October 10, 2016, 07:21:06 pm
yeah I remember that too. Well you want have to worry about that Friday because I think #2 quit today.
That sucks. He's the most talented player in that class.

Jesus Saves

So, was Cox the problem?  Doesn't sound like it to me.  Sounds like the Cards are in a downward spiral.  Remember, winning and losing are habitual.

Marblehog

I told you guys last year the Cards were gonna be on a downward spiral of athletes.  I got laughed at and people said oh Camden will always have athletes.  Can you imagine how bad they will be next year without Hargreaves?  The program is in serious trouble. 

that1guy2110

I dont things are as bad as people think they are. 3rd head coach in 4 years. 4th d coordinator in 4 years. 3rd o coordinator in 4 years. Add that with being very undersized. Then you got all those side line nfl coaches telling the kids the coaches dont know what theyre doing. Sprinkle in some unrealistic expectations and a whole lot of youth and inexperience and you get what you have here at camden. Give mondon time to get the program rolling and we will be back to competing for conference titles in I would say about 2 years. Wheb this sophmore group is seniors I beleieve we will competing for the title again. I just think we are another year away after this year

Cardinal fan

Everybody says cf  is down in talent. The seniors this year are just inexperienced cause no matter what the score was last year Cox never played them and they treated the Jv games as just a way to let kids plays but there was no coaching during those games. As far as talent. 10th graders this yr are good there are a few kids on the 9th grade team but the 8th grade team is stacked so in my opinion when we get 10th 9th and 8th grade together that's when u will see a change. And I have talked to coach Monden and he is here to stay. If people would just stand back and wait CF will be back on top again but can't rate a coaches abailty after 6 games. Plus the Coxes left this whole program in the gutter. Now we have a coach trying and willing to put the work in to get us back on top

Redbird88

Quote from: Cardinal fan on October 12, 2016, 03:25:58 pm
Everybody says cf  is down in talent. The seniors this year are just inexperienced cause no matter what the score was last year Cox never played them and they treated the Jv games as just a way to let kids plays but there was no coaching during those games. As far as talent. 10th graders this yr are good there are a few kids on the 9th grade team but the 8th grade team is stacked so in my opinion when we get 10th 9th and 8th grade together that's when u will see a change. And I have talked to coach Monden and he is here to stay. If people would just stand back and wait CF will be back on top again but can't rate a coaches abailty after 6 games. Plus the Coxes left this whole program in the gutter. Now we have a coach trying and willing to put the work in to get us back on top
Totally agree. It will take some time to get the program back on top after it was destroyed within!!!

Youngsta71701

October 12, 2016, 06:01:23 pm #41 Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:05:17 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Cardinal fan on October 12, 2016, 03:25:58 pm
If he don't learn how to make adjustments to benefit the size of our team we won't be back on top. No matter how good the skilled players or the secondary is. Right now in my opinion it's plain and simple. We need another person in the box to help stop the run. Seven players in the box is not gone get it this year as small as we are. We still got hope this year to make the playoffs but we have to adjust right now and try to win these last four games. Stop the run first and force the other team to pass the ball. If we don't do that we will keep getting the same results.

that1guy2110

You missed out on good coaching then. Had glover been coaching in the new 5a you would prolly be saying buck who around camden

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: that1guy2110 on October 13, 2016, 11:17:59 am
You missed out on good coaching then. Had glover been coaching in the new 5a you would prolly be saying buck who around camden
Glover was the man! There were a few down years at first but people forget that CF was winning 7 or 8 games against the likes of Pine Bluff, Texarkana and Lake Hamilton those last two years. LH and TX have fallen off since but they were a force in those early years of 6A. Coach Pinkerton was an underrated DC too. does anyone know where he is now

dolemite

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on October 13, 2016, 11:25:32 am
Glover was the man! There were a few down years at first but people forget that CF was winning 7 or 8 games against the likes of Pine Bluff, Texarkana and Lake Hamilton those last two years. LH and TX have fallen off since but they were a force in those early years of 6A. Coach Pinkerton was an underrated DC too. does anyone know where he is now
Beebe I think.

Youngsta71701

October 13, 2016, 01:39:00 pm #45 Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:46:32 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: that1guy2110 on October 13, 2016, 11:17:59 am
Loved his defenses! Wasn't a big fan of running the ball on 3rd and long all the time though. As you can tell I'm a defensive guy. No matter how good your offense is if you can't get a few stops you want win consistently.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: dolemite on October 13, 2016, 11:59:44 am
Beebe I think.
Needs to make his way down to the Queen City in a hurry. Is he retired or coaching at Beebe?

dolemite

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 13, 2016, 01:45:56 pm
Needs to make his way down to the Queen City in a hurry. Is he retired or coaching at Beebe?
I dont think he has retired yet. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: dolemite on October 13, 2016, 02:22:46 pm
I dont think he has retired yet.
Well as you can tell by the scores of late. We could us a little bit of help on the defensive side of the ball. A little bit of his base 4-4 defense would come in handy right now. ;D

Cardinalboi07

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas