• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A State

Started by LowerAR, April 23, 2015, 08:37:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LowerAR

We were looking at the bracket for the state tourney and this thing is ugly. When it says that a 3 from the Central plays a 3 from the South how does that work? I would assume that that refers to the 3rd ranked 6A team from the Central. 6A South is all 6A, but everyone else has 7A teams in there conference. Does West even have a 6A school? How many go from each conference? What are the conference rankings now? If half of all 6A schools are in the South conference then somebody is getting the shaft. Not to say all deserve to get in, but this is nasty.       

itsslim

West doesn't have any 6a teams that play in state

admorris24

and I think the 6A East and Central will only send 3 conference teams to state while all of the 6A south team make the state tournament or at least that was how it was for football

itsslim

It's 8 teams in the 6a south only the top six make the playoffs

LowerAR

Thanks for the info, that explans some things. Now, who are those teams going to be from the East and Central? From the South, at the halfway point, I would say:
1 Benton
2 Sheridan
3 El Dorado
4 Lake Hamilton
5 Texarkana
6 Parkview/Pine Bluff
This is just a guess.   

Oldbadger

Quote from: LowerAR on April 24, 2015, 07:55:35 am
Thanks for the info, that explans some things. Now, who are those teams going to be from the East and Central? From the South, at the halfway point, I would say:
1 Benton
2 Sheridan
3 El Dorado
4 Lake Hamilton
5 Texarkana
6 Parkview/Pine Bluff
This is just a guess.   
I would agree with this.

beach bum

I assume Harris is the ace for Benton... Lincoln is obviously missing him in athletics. Probably the most in baseball because the impact a pitcher has in high school.

maxswine

Quote from: LowerAR on April 24, 2015, 07:55:35 am
1 Benton
2 Sheridan
3 El Dorado
4 Lake Hamilton
5 Texarkana
6 Parkview/Pine Bluff
This is just a guess.   

Right now from the central it would be Greenwood and Alma as 1 and 2.  The final spot is up for grabs between Russellville and Siloam Springs.  I think they play twice in the next two weeks and that should settle it. Both teams are winless in conference. 

LowerAR

April 27, 2015, 07:47:04 am #8 Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:10:27 am by LowerAR
Does anyone know about the East?
Never mind I see it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas