• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A/7A East

Started by ACE DUECE, October 17, 2013, 05:41:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ACE DUECE

NLR
Jonesboro
West Memphis
Marion
Cabot
Searcy
Central
Mtn Home

Girls
Searcy and Cabot will be very good.

MarionBlueDevil

Probably pretty accurate.

Cabotred

October 19, 2013, 03:23:16 pm #2 Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:00:58 pm by Cabotred
Cabot boys are going to surprise some.  They have more size than they have had in few years.  Very young team. 3 sophomores in main rotation. Not very deep at all.  They have two players, juniors, that will contribute once they get off football field.

Top 2 in conference are no brainers. The rest will be decided. 

zeezus

North Little Rock will be as close to unbeatable as it gets this year, but don't count out the Canes at home!

The list is pretty accurate though.

Go Canes.

urban legend2

I think NLR's girls will be better than a lot of people think this year, too. They were actually a possession away of beating the eventual state champs in the semis. They had a few seniors that contributed but most of their production was from underclassmen from what I saw.

mack

Quote from: zeezus on November 05, 2013, 03:10:49 pm
North Little Rock will be as close to unbeatable as it gets this year, but don't count out the Canes at home!

Go Canes.

We won't be unbeatable I promise you.  There was mad chemistry on last year's team.  This group is still getting to know each other....
They could be very good if they mesh like last year's team, which BTW was the most unselfish NLR team I've ever seen.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mack on November 06, 2013, 04:06:33 pm
Quote from: zeezus on November 05, 2013, 03:10:49 pm

Go Canes.

We won't be unbeatable I promise you.  There was mad chemistry on last year's team.  This group is still getting to know each other....
They could be very good if they mesh like last year's team, which BTW was the most unselfish NLR team I've ever seen.

NLR and Jonesboro will be quite a bit better than everyone else. Top 4 or 5 are very tough though.

brock

NLR should be the most talented team in the state hands down.  I think most would be very surprised if they don't win it all again.

MarionBlueDevil

West Memphis nearly beat Hall in a benefit scrimmage on Tuesday night and Marion won handily against Osceola.

Seminoles are expecting a few to join the team when football ends, but sounded like a pretty nice road performance from the Patriots.

ricepig

Watched Jonesboro and PB in their benefit game tonight, Jonesboro raced out to a 17-1 early lead and it got sloppy from there.The Canes ended up winning by about 13-15, but played just so so with a lot subs coming in and out. I know PB was missing a few who are still playing football, so they looked like the were out of sync, too.

Cabotred

November 14, 2013, 10:09:11 pm #10 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:10:48 pm by Cabotred
Cabot played Lake Hamilton tonight in benefit game. They reset score every quarter, Cabot won three out of four quarters handily. Not sure if LH had all players there they looked out of sync. I am sure there is couple on football team that could have helped them.

Cabot opens season with Conway on 25th. We will see how the team is then.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Cabotred on November 14, 2013, 10:09:11 pm
Cabot played Lake Hamilton tonight in benefit game. They reset score every quarter, Cabot won three out of four quarters handily. Not sure if LH had all players there they looked out of sync. I am sure there is couple on football team that could have helped them.

Cabot opens season with Conway on 25th. We will see how the team is then.

Cabot's games in NEA suddenly popped up on my radar all the sudden.

Cabotred

I don't know if we need to be on anybodies radar just yet. They started two sophomores last night and another sophomore came off bench and ended up being leading scorer. We are going to be young and take our lumps as these sophmores mature. Last night we were 10 of 20 from line that is not going to cut it agaist a quality team. I just hope to not be embaressed by NLR and Jboro, split with W Memphis and Marion home and away, two victories each against Central, Searcy and MT Home. That should get us in state tourny and from there anything can happen.

The good thing about the sophmores is that they are 6'2", 6'3", 6"5' and they are not only going to mature mentally they are still growing. We will be on radar screen in couple years.

Blindsided

Cabotred..............how did the girls game go?

Cabotred

Quote from: Blindsided on November 15, 2013, 09:56:26 am
Cabotred..............how did the girls game go?

I came in at half during the girls game. Was told we won 1st and 2nd quarter. The Cabot girls started 3 sophomores and 2 jrs. So they are very young only 1 Sr on team. The second half both teams played their benches with subs coming in and out at about every whistle. Play got a little sloppy on both sides. For the life of me I don't know what the score was the 2nd half. Cabot girls also play Conway on 25th, so that will tell a lot.

rammer

For the girls game I missed the 1st qtr but the Cabot girls won the 2nd qtr easily. Hamilton was very impressive as well as 3 of the sophomores - Sullivan, Taylor, and Calhoun.  I think Sullivan was the leading scorer for the night and other than Hamilton, the most impressive player on the court.

tlb2972

What do the girls side of this conference look like?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: tlb2972 on January 13, 2014, 08:50:15 pm
What do the girls side of this conference look like?

Marion and West Memphis opened conference play with wins on the road at Mountain Home and at home against Jonesboro.

For West Memphis, they also beat Jonesboro at the Dragon Fire Invitational over Christmas break.

The Lady Devils welcome North Little Rock to Lehr tomorrow night and the Lady Pats travel to Cabot. We will know a lot about the state of these two teams this time tomorrow night I think.

tlb2972

Searcy girls vs. Mountain Home girls 37-24 searcy wins. Ugly game

Papa Soooooie

Score on Benton Fair?

Cabotred

February 06, 2014, 03:46:39 pm #20 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:08:24 pm by Cabotred
Quote from: ACE DUECE on October 17, 2013, 05:41:44 am
NLR
Jonesboro
West Memphis
Marion
Cabot
Searcy
Central
Mtn Home

Girls

At halfway point:
NLR.            7-0
Jboro.          6-1
Marion.        4-3
Cabot.          4-3
Searcy.         3-4
W Memphis.  2-5
Mt Home.      1-6
LR Central.    1-6

As mentioned in another thread the  only surprise is W Memphis. On paper they look like a great team but their record indicates different. What has been there problem? I know when Cabot played them they looked in disarray and could not get anything going. Is there a chemistry, coaching, player problem?

Jonesboro has had injuries to two key players.  How will that effect them the 2nd go round.  To what extent is Pointers injury?

As for the rest of Cabots season.  We have NLR and Jboro at home, unlikely we will come out with a win. Marion, W Memphis, Central on road, hopefully can win 2 out of 3, but it will be very tough. And Mt Home and Seacry at home,hopefully we can duplicate outcome of those games on the road and come out with two wins.  That would give us an 8-6 conference record. And 3-5 seed in state tourny.

Does anyone have any thoughts on season to this point, predictions, etc?  Any team going to get hot or go flat?

ricepig

Pointer is expected back for the state tournament, I'm not sure how much before.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Cabotred on February 06, 2014, 03:46:39 pm
Quote from: ACE DUECE on October 17, 2013, 05:41:44 am
NLR
Jonesboro
West Memphis
Marion
Cabot
Searcy
Central
Mtn Home

Girls

At halfway point:
NLR.            7-0
Jboro.          6-1
Marion.        4-3
Cabot.          4-3
Searcy.         3-4
W Memphis.  2-5
Mt Home.      1-6
LR Central.    1-6

As mentioned in another thread the  only surprise is W Memphis. On paper they look like a great team but their record indicates different. What has been there problem? I know when Cabot played them they looked in disarray and could not get anything going. Is there a chemistry, coaching, player problem?

West Memphis looks great some nights (close loss to North Little Rock, beating Marion) and looks like a cellar dweller on other nights (Central, Cabot, Jonesboro).

I'm not sure there's even a reason short of them not being very deep this year. Their starters are fine, but once they have to start subbing, their bench crew can't hold the fort.

Remember, the Blue Devils lost two kids to a private school in town over the summer. One of the guys would have been a great play-maker at the guard position and the other kid is about 6'7. Each would have had an impact on West Memphis' season. Without them? You see the results.

urban legend2

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2014, 04:02:31 pm
Pointer is expected back for the state tournament, I'm not sure how much before.

Was talking to a Hall assistant last week and he was wondering how serious was Pointer's injury. I told him I didn't know, but that he'd probably be back in time for state. He was just hoping that they could avoid playing Jonesboro if at all possible, simply because it'd be on their home floor. They'd have to hope Parkview loses twice for that to happen, and I don't see anyone beating Flanigan's crew during the rest of the regular season, especially since they've got Northside and Hall both at home.

ricepig

Jonesboro defeats WM 75-60 boys, WM wins the girls 53-36.

ricepig

Jonesboro defeats LR Central 55-39.

MarionBlueDevil

Cabot swept two games at The Arena tonight. Forgot the finals though.

ACE DUECE

Searcy boys beat Marion 54-48. Marion up 24-5 after first quarter. Searcy took first lead with 1:07 left in 4th.

tlb2972

Searcy girls won also. Showed aa lot of character playing without their starting senior point guard.

zebrafan69

6A tourney is going to be as competitive as it's been in awhile

ricepig

Quote from: zebrafan69 on February 15, 2014, 08:40:11 am
6A tourney is going to be as competitive as it's been in awhile

It's been real competitive for Jonesboro, PV, and Hall..........

urban legend2

I fully expect 2 of those 3 to play for the 6A title.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ACE DUECE on February 14, 2014, 10:57:09 pm
Searcy boys beat Marion 54-48. Marion up 24-5 after first quarter. Searcy took first lead with 1:07 left in 4th.

What?! Wow.

ricepig

Quote from: urban legend2 on February 15, 2014, 01:54:14 pm
I fully expect 2 of those 3 to play for the 6A title.

No doubt at all.

ricepig

Jonesboro gets a sweep on Sr night:

Girls
JHS 42
Marion 41

Boys
JHS 56
Marion 22

Dragon77

JHS shot the ball well, and the half court trap was working. Marion has some talented players. Are we co conference champions ?   

ricepig

Quote from: Dragon77 on February 28, 2014, 09:50:08 pm
JHS shot the ball well, and the half court trap was working. Marion has some talented players. Are we co conference champions ?   
Yes

Dragon77

Thanks for the clarification.Quite an accomplishment, with A.W. out for the season.     

ricepig

Quote from: Dragon77 on February 28, 2014, 10:26:49 pm
Thanks for the clarification.Quite an accomplishment, with A.W. out for the season.     

Yep, Wes did a great job of getting more kids involved and rotating some kids in and out. There was no doubt they were going to have some points from someone beside Ross and Pointer, they've seemed to have a different player every game come through.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2014, 09:12:42 pm

Girls
JHS 42
Marion 41

Boys
JHS 56
Marion 22

Boys game got real ugly in a hurry. Six three-pointers in the second quarter did the trick.

ricepig

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 01, 2014, 01:08:58 am

Girls
JHS 42
Marion 41

Boys
JHS 56
Marion 22

Boys game got real ugly in a hurry. Six three-pointers in the second quarter did the trick.

We shoot well at home, and then can set up our press or traps, makes it tough on the opposition.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2014, 09:17:02 am
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 01, 2014, 01:08:58 am

Girls
JHS 42
Marion 41

Boys
JHS 56
Marion 22

We shoot well at home, and then can set up our press or traps, makes it tough on the opposition.

I liked the gameday experience at the at Jonesboro. As far as gyms go, it was a bigger gym as far as size goes and those folks were into the game the whole way.

Looking forward to the tournament.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas