• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best 2A Girl Player this season?

Started by Thesportsman, March 06, 2018, 10:13:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesportsman

The Best 2 A girl Player this season?

brown2010

Ro from Earle and Nikki from Quitman

Bildo

Nikki is a great player but you gotta score in the finals to be in this conversation... you can't go 0-12. No offense but you just can't...

I think Kylie Warren from Carlisle deserves to be in the conversation. Yes, I'm a homer but... in three games against Earle and Quitman she scores 32, 25 and 22.

NEark tigers

1. Roshala Scott, Earle
2. Kylie Warren, Carlisle
3. Colbi Maples, Earle
4. Nikki Hooten, Quitman
T5. K. Reinhart, Brinkley
      Destiny Cartwright, Brinkley

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bildo on March 09, 2018, 08:24:08 am
Nikki is a great player but you gotta score in the finals to be in this conversation... you can't go 0-12. No offense but you just can't...

I think Kylie Warren from Carlisle deserves to be in the conversation. Yes, I'm a homer but... in three games against Earle and Quitman she scores 32, 25 and 22.

You can't say you have to score in the finals to be included, then say another player that's never been to the finals deserves to be included....

Bildo

March 09, 2018, 10:29:45 am #5 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 11:49:12 am by Bildo
Why? If you're "that good" you will not be denied. Besides Chystin Williams had only been to the finals one time until this year but she was the best player in the nation. It takes a team to get to the finals, not just one player. We are talking about player recognition right?

Bildo

March 09, 2018, 10:58:17 am #6 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 11:49:01 am by Bildo
Besides.... the topic is "this season". Pretty sure Dominique Wilkins never went to a championship and he is in th Hall of Fame.

HorseFeathers

By the definition you gave and used against the girl from quitman, if Williams doesn't score tonight then she must not be that good, because the best don't get denied

Bildo

My point is Kylie averaged 27.5 against Earle... same competition

Thesportsman

What about rebounds, steals,assists defense and just plain ole basketball floor knowledge of the game ! This person is always at the right place at the right time to make the play Friends it's not all about points!!!  I know you got to have points to win but I'm talking about the total package!!

Bildo

How about she averages a double double, leads the team in blocks? She also has offers from D2 colleges. I'm saying she needs to be in the conversation

Pick_DA_EAGLES

If Warren from Carlisle isn't in the conversation, then the list is a joke.

ak58

If I had to pick, I'd take Warren. Excited to see where she ends up. Wherever she goes is getting a good player.

MT Legend

No one was good in the 2A game. It had no flow to it cause all the whistles being blown to stop play for foul calls.in hootens defense it is hard to play in these kinda games.

ballislife42

Hooten busted her eye at halftime of the Carlisle game and played the second half and finished with 27, then went and got stitches afterward.. had 21 the next night in the state semis against west side.. she had an off game at the finals. It happens. No team shot very well that night, even one of the future razorbacks shot 2/12 from the three.
If we're going by just that one game, obviously she didn't play well at all. But if you look at her gameplay over the rest of the season, she performs.

Thesportsman

I agree Nikki Hooten  is on the list.  I'm also gonna throw out Rieley Hooten she been an all around solid player for Quitman thru her high school career ! I say she's a floor general !    She knows the game as well as any player I've watched!   She not always a points leader but I think if you look at her overall stats year in and year out she's around the top of the list !   

SHE IS A FLOOR GENERAL !!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ballislife42 on March 09, 2018, 06:05:34 pm
Hooten busted her eye at halftime of the Carlisle game and played the second half and finished with 27, then went and got stitches afterward.. had 21 the next night in the state semis against west side.. she had an off game at the finals. It happens. No team shot very well that night, even one of the future razorbacks shot 2/12 from the three.
If we're going by just that one game, obviously she didn't play well at all. But if you look at her gameplay over the rest of the season, she performs.

Future Razorback?

Ctucker

Bildo

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2018, 01:13:50 pm
By the definition you gave and used against the girl from quitman, if Williams doesn't score tonight then she must not be that good, because the best don't get denied
To my point, Williams scored 40+ and was defended by 2 people most of the first quarter to deny her the ball

Ctucker

Can't use Williams as a example she is national player of the year going to UCONN. Hard to use her in comparisons to a few girls that might play division 2 and NAIA! Williams going to score a bunch on any girls team in Arkansas!

Bildo

March 10, 2018, 08:23:07 am #20 Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:51:52 am by Bildo
It was to prove a point... not a comparison

Ctucker

Quote from: Bildo on March 10, 2018, 08:23:07 am
It was to prove a point... not a companion
They probally do not want a campanion! Lol

Bildo

Ctucker

Quote from: Bildo on March 10, 2018, 08:50:41 am
Ha... my bad "comparison"
i knew what ya meant just messing with you!But on serious note that Williams girls is awsome wish she would go to Arkansas but don't blame her I think we will see her in WNBA in four years!

Bildo

No doubt... she is the real deal. A great person also

birddawg1986

These are all very good ball players for sure. No doubt they can all play at the NAIA level or JC and get a good education + a free education.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas