• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your early days of Fearless.

Started by V-Town_Eagle_24, January 14, 2006, 03:09:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 06, 2013, 02:22:42 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 06, 2013, 01:46:03 pm
Why did the rules become more strict?
a lot of kids now view the forum and I understand coming down hard on some of the language but at times it seems moderation comes down on something that they don't agree with like topics against THEIR team. IMHO moderators should be more objective than they are.

It depends.

The trick is not to make this place look like HV.  Strict moderation + flood of brain damaged posters = unreadable, incomprehensible board.

AirWarren

Hogville is the result of Dickson street losers, drunk college dropouts, old alum trying to be awesome, and drunkards trying to still live it up in Fayetteville.

sevenof400

Quote from: AirWarren on September 07, 2013, 03:23:48 pm
Hogville is the result of Dickson street losers, drunk college dropouts, old alum trying to be awesome, and drunkards trying to still live it up in Fayetteville.

So then, what is the origin of FF? 

(Inquiring minds want to know...)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 07, 2013, 04:38:55 pm

Mike Bonds being irritated that he couldn't find a Newport schedule like 15 years ago..

AirWarren

The great stadium debate and whether Dickson street or the river market is better of course.

Paw-Paw

Sounds like a low budget film idea! Haha!

DogsWin7

Lol!!! 

I Love Fearless Friday.   I noticed on twitter some of Lanny's tweets and it peaked my curiosity....I read a few threads on Hogville about the Razorbacks.  They have a lot of members on HV.  I never had even looked at the site....I didn't realize how much it covered the Razorbacks until I started reading it. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Paw-Paw on September 08, 2013, 12:00:35 am

Yeah. We can get Micheal Moore to film it!

sevenof400

Quote from: AirWarren on September 08, 2013, 03:41:13 pm
Quote from: Paw-Paw on September 08, 2013, 12:00:35 am

Yeah. We can get Micheal Moore to film it!

..or the Kinks to sing about it!

CHSTigersFan

So with this thread, I have a question, how long have you been on Fearless Friday? I got to looking and I signed up back in '03

olddog79

HorseFeathers

August 2003...at the ripe old age of 14...I think I'm longest "tenured" 2A poster still around...

True Believer

I have wasted 102 days 20 hrs and 33 minutes on here.

I hope I never chose to leave. 

Or get asked to. :)

Walter

actually the my first days on fearless were before the date shown. Before fearless went to SMF there were seveal years of a different formated system, YABBA if I remembber correctly. The dates shown are from when we stared with SMF.

Lions84

August 26, 2004, 09:24:30 am Been here everysense except for the Summer Months when I hit it once of twice a month.

1-Adam-12

ABâ„¢

January 31, 2004.  Can't believe it's been 10.5+ years since I joined.  Been a lot less active the last 5+ years, though.

sevenof400

Quote from: ABâ„¢ on January 14, 2006, 09:27:58 am
I read and not posted for around a year or so, and a friend got me posting around basketball season my junior year in high school.  Now I've logged 28 days 23 hours and 22 minutes on here... I'm a loser.

Care to reveal what your total time is now, AB?   ;D

DogsWin7

HorseFeathers

I'm at 159 days...but that will slow down a bit for me....

ABâ„¢

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 01, 2014, 07:58:49 am
Quote from: ABâ„¢ on January 14, 2006, 09:27:58 am
I read and not posted for around a year or so, and a friend got me posting around basketball season my junior year in high school.  Now I've logged 28 days 23 hours and 22 minutes on here... I'm a loser.

Care to reveal what your total time is now, AB?   ;D
159 days, 9 hours, and 10 minutes.

Lions84

I remember finding this place after doing a hour long search for Ark HS football scores back in 2004 before that I called my parents on Saturday afternoon to get the scores from the Arkansas Democrat or I went by the News stand and got the Sunday paper.

Lions84

FF was tons of fun when we still had DIAL UP!

Walter

Yep and popup adds that we could not block.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Lions84 on October 16, 2014, 02:53:30 pm

Flame wars took some time then.

Wasn't all that long ago where you'd have to sit in your truck in the deer woods, straining to hear a weak signal to keep up with the game.  Cell phones, didn't have them then.  And I'm not that old.

Now you can sit in the stand and keep up with a slew of games.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lions84 on October 16, 2014, 02:53:30 pm

Back when half of Greenwood wanted to have a fire and ice pick cage match with Uncle Ivan in the Walmart Parking lot in Searcy ! Fun times !!!

Lions84

The legend of the Alma Sonic was born and those Nashville and the Jerks from Dierks were keeping things hot on the 2 and 4A boards .

DogsWin7

65 Days......20 hours.........and I still enjoy every minute of it and I still fall for trolls and their aggravating and hilarious twisted little personalities!   Love It!!  :)   Not to mention it's a great website to talk Sports!  :)

Everyone is always nice to me at the Alma Sonic....;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HF on September 03, 2014, 11:39:21 pm
I'm at 159 days...but that will slow down a bit for me....

Why oh Why can I not stick to my attempts to not be on here so much?! I've logged another 7 days since this post 2 months ago lol

DogsWin7

I know....I fail miserably also!  Stupid Fearless Friday is Addicting!LOL!  8)   All the Football upsets and such! :)

WPWells

It's because y'all can't resist talking to good ole 12th Man

Lions84

Username: Lions84Posts: 17,792 (4.682 per day)Personal Text: Clarendon Lion Football since 1909Karma: +831/-1193Gender: MaleAge:49Location:Exiled in TX
Date Registered: August 26, 2004, 09:24:30 amLocal Time:January 21, 2015, 11:54:38 amLast Active: Today at 11:54:38 am
Signature:

Time is flying bye!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lions84 on January 21, 2015, 11:55:31 am
Username: Lions84Posts: 17,792 (4.682 per day)Personal Text: Clarendon Lion Football since 1909Karma: +831/-1193Gender: MaleAge:49Location:Exiled in TX
Date Registered: August 26, 2004, 09:24:30 amLocal Time:January 21, 2015, 11:54:38 amLast Active: Today at 11:54:38 am
Signature:

Time is flying bye!

You've got me by about a week...but I've got ya in the post count by around 200 posts :D

Lions84

LOL yep Summer time I not on the web much at all. 

Legend

Lions84

Legend

If I posted like I use to Id be close to 40k lol.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on September 04, 2015, 12:00:01 pm
If I posted like I use to Id be close to 40k lol.

You would be higher than that lol

Eddie Goodson

Legend

That is true. Things change when you finally grow up and have kids and a family.

Lions84

My Daughter getting ready to go to college and when I stop working for the school I might not post as much.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on September 08, 2015, 08:38:14 am
That is true. Things change when you finally grow up and have kids and a family.

Not really...haha

Legend

It has for me. I get on here and there during football season and thats about it. I think at one time I had posted on every topic on teh 4a board and someone even took a picture of it and posted it way before the screen shot was invented. And just think guys we did a lot of our posting on dial up modems. Didnt always have the luxary of high speed

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on September 09, 2015, 12:56:53 pm
It has for me. I get on here and there during football season and thats about it. I think at one time I had posted on every topic on teh 4a board and someone even took a picture of it and posted it way before the screen shot was invented. And just think guys we did a lot of our posting on dial up modems. Didnt always have the luxary of high speed

Could be six replies before yours posted haha
And i guess it hasn't changed much for me on here with the kids cause o f myphone...

Legend

I thought about padding my stats a little bit. Bring back the old me for this football season

Lions84

Good lard it was really slow on Dial up.   I could post and go pee and get a drink before my post showed back up.

Legend

Back when it took 30 min to download one song on Napster

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on September 11, 2015, 02:25:54 pm
Back when it took 30 min to download one song on Napster

It was winmx, and then Kazaa and limewire for me haha

Legend

kids now days would flip if they was grounded to dial up internet

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas