• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong looking for new Coach?

Started by FilmCrew, March 02, 2012, 08:03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FilmCrew

I was reading over on the 4a board and they just posted that Strong's coach went to Waldron. Does anyone know anything about this?

bleudog

March 03, 2012, 07:59:00 pm #1 Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:52:20 am by bleudog
Quote from: FilmCrew on March 02, 2012, 08:03:05 pm
I was reading over on the 4a board and they just posted that Strong's coach went to Waldron. Does anyone know anything about this?

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=119875.msg2569736#msg2569736

cuz

Shane Davis announces to the ENT that he will be leaving Strong and headed to Waldron. I'm sure bleu will post the article. Waldron will be getting a great coach and Strong will have a tough time replacing him.............

bleudog

March 04, 2012, 07:53:32 am #3 Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:03:50 am by bleudog
Quote from: cuz on March 04, 2012, 07:52:43 am
Shane Davis announces to the ENT that he will be leaving Strong and headed to Waldron. I'm sure bleu will post the article. Waldron will be getting a great coach and Strong will have a tough time replacing him.............

EDNT article about Davis' move:  CLICK HERE

Lions84

Tough break for Strong the kids and staff at Bearden and JC are rejoicing.

keohog

Quote from: Lions84 on March 05, 2012, 10:08:21 am
The main thing everybody in 2A is rejoicing over is the fact that  Mr. Dixon is gone.

the game

March 05, 2012, 12:12:47 pm #6 Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:33:29 pm by the game
They haven't beaten Bearden in more than six years .... Senior or Junior High  ;)

Lions84

Maybe not but they did win a State FB title many though would be won by Bearden or JC.

cuz

I don't think anyone's rejoicing. Maybe a little sad cause after about 20 years Strong was competitive for the first time and their coach had a lot to do with it....... ;)

Cheek

Quote from: cuz on March 05, 2012, 02:42:42 pm
I don't think anyone's rejoicing. Maybe a little sad cause after about 20 years Strong was competitive for the first time and their coach had a lot to do with it....... ;)

He is a smart Coach and not a good Coach.  He is such a good  Coach that he let his star player call all his own plays.   It is amazing how Coach gets all this credit without doing anything. K. Dixon won the State Title and did not need Coach. It is sad that Strong won the title with a pee wee offense.  The line just got the guy in front of him and let Dixon beat the rest.  Coach is smart that he is using this years success to land a better job,  but poor Waldron took it hook, line and sinker.   I hope he turns Waldron around, but I would not bank on it.

big E

Now Cheek coaches don't play players do,and there offence is no more peewee than the offence of the team they beat which so happens to be the same offence your lions run.Last time I checked it took 11 to win a game those linemen had to block and tackle.

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on March 05, 2012, 08:29:34 pm

He is a smart Coach and not a good Coach.  He is such a good  Coach that he let his star player call all his own plays.   It is amazing how Coach gets all this credit without doing anything. K. Dixon won the State Title and did not need Coach. It is sad that Strong won the title with a pee wee offense.  The line just got the guy in front of him and let Dixon beat the rest.  Coach is smart that he is using this years success to land a better job,  but poor Waldron took it hook, line and sinker.   I hope he turns Waldron around, but I would not bank on it.
. Peewee or not he beat your team both times, and for the first time in about 20 years beat JC 2 times. Seems to me the Coach took what he had and won a state Championship. There's a lot of coach's that's had that talent and more who've never done that...... ;)

Cheek

Quote from: big E on March 07, 2012, 10:31:25 am
Now Cheek coaches don't play players do,and there offence is no more peewee than the offence of the team they beat which so happens to be the same offence your lions run.Last time I checked it took 11 to win a game those linemen had to block and tackle.

Strong did not run the the same offense we run. They let Dixon line up in the shotgun, and take the snap.  Dixon either passed or ran, which was his choice since he was calling the plays.  I am not saying that Stong did not have a great group of young men, because they did.  I am just saying that the Coach did not have alot to do with it.   K. Dixon could have played on alot of teams in AA ball and brought home the title, and that includes PW.   

big E

Didn't say they ran the same offence as England I said there offence was no more peewee than the offence of the team they beat in the finals which is the same offence y'all run.Pappa Frank won 8 titles running trap,wedge,Bucksweep, and keep so it's all about execution.

Cheek

Quote from: big E on March 09, 2012, 07:14:45 am
Didn't say they ran the same offence as England I said there offence was no more peewee than the offence of the team they beat in the finals which is the same offence y'all run.Pappa Frank won 8 titles running trap,wedge,Bucksweep, and keep so it's all about execution.

Big E, did you watch the game?  We played Stong and I watched them play in the finals. I can assure you that Stong did not pull or trap.  They blocked who was infront of them.  This was not a detailed offense. 

BigJimSlade

Sounds like England's girl's basketball team.

Cheek

Quote from: BigJimSlade on March 09, 2012, 02:03:06 pm

I can see it was you first post.  Wrong Forum rookie.

BigJimSlade

DogsWin7

bleudog

March 09, 2012, 04:00:50 pm #19 Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:31:49 pm by bleudog
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 09, 2012, 02:24:58 pm
Quote from: BigJimSlade on March 09, 2012, 02:18:32 pm
Nice comeback, and spelling.
about as bad as bleudog

If it's my spelling you think is bad, maybe if I typed Geaux Waldron you might understand.
If it's my comebacks you think are bad, I'll try to type a little slower in the future for your benefit. ;)

It's all in fun DieH. ;D

Quote from: BigJimSlade on March 09, 2012, 02:03:06 pm

BJS, didn't the England girls basketball team have a couple of talented twins who made big win totals, deep playoff runs and championships a little easier than they were for a lot of teams?  Are you implying the England basketball coach could be looking to move up the coaching ladder after they graduate and the talent pool might be a little more shallow? 

Quote from: Cheek on March 09, 2012, 02:09:58 pm
I can see it was you first post.  Wrong Forum rookie.

Hey Cheek, it's probably well before his time, but I got to give a little support to somebody who could have taken his FF name from Kentucky Fried Movie. ;D

BigJimSlade

Josh Jones = Shane Davis = David Mackey

Who can figure out correlation?

DogsWin7

Quote from: BigJimSlade on March 09, 2012, 04:49:53 pm

Championship that bleudog doesn't have?    ;D

DogsWin7

well, maybe he does.............

bleudog

March 10, 2012, 11:58:17 am #23 Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:59:03 am by bleudog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 09, 2012, 06:05:37 pm

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 09, 2012, 10:13:56 pm
well, maybe he does.............

C'mon DieH, this is a thread about a 2A-8 school.  Among Parkers Chapel, Woodlawn, JC and Norphlet in baseball - Strong and JC in football - JC in basketball; there's at least one of these in a few houses down here in LA (lower Arkansas). ;D

Dang just ask cuz, those Dragon weight lifting guys show up somewhere and it can get down right gaudy. :o

(Disclaimer:  Sorry if I missed anybody and I didn't even attempt to list the ladies' teams.)  :-[

But seriously, I'm only looking after those two rings for someone else.  But I still doubt BJS had me in mind when he was listing coaches who had the opportunity to coach some very gifted athletes and captured their sport's biggest prize(s) while doing so.  My guess is BJS was wondering if those gentlemen can repeat their on-the-field and on-the-court success as those particular very gifted athletes cycle out of their programs or those coaches choose to ply their trades at other schools. 

Coach Davis looks to have stepped into a challenge if the FF team page on Waldron is accurate.  It will be interesting to watch his progress toward improving their current trend.  Good luck to him and his new team in the effort.

Back on topic, hopefully Strong's recent success on the field can help them in showing a prospective coach what can be accomplished there and make finding Coach Davis' replacement less of a task.

bdubyab60

I can't think of many coaches that win titles without talent. I have seen a few lose with while having talent though and not using it correctly.

keohog

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 10, 2012, 01:26:51 pm
I can't think of many coaches that win titles without talent. I have seen a few lose with while having talent though and not using it correctly.
Great players make good coaches ;)

cuz

Quote from: keohog on March 10, 2012, 04:46:13 pm
I'm not so sure about that, I know some coach's that have set high school records and college records as players and have never done much as a coach and they been where there's talent. Just cause you can play the game doesn't mean you can teach it.............

cuz

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 09, 2012, 06:05:37 pm

Now now grasshopper, there's not a championship bleu doesn't have I'm aware of. JC's pretty much covered everything at one time and gotten close on a few others from Cheerleading to weightlifting. I'm sure he could list them all if you need them.......... ;)

Wilson

Can anyone tell me if Shane Davis is from Smackover?. . By that i mean grew up there. . .

keohog

Quote from: cuz on March 11, 2012, 09:57:13 am
Quote from: keohog on March 10, 2012, 04:46:13 pm
I'm not so sure about that, I know some coach's that have set high school records and college records as players and have never done much as a coach and they been where there's talent. Just cause you can play the game doesn't mean you can teach it.............
You took it wrong cuz.

Wilson

he's saying a team with a few real good players on it can make an inept coach look good. . . although i have seen teams that had talent everywhere and a bad coach has made them look bad. . . .on the flip side i have seen teams that had little to no talen look good because they had a very good coach. . . it goes both ways.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Wilson on March 12, 2012, 05:51:13 am
Can anyone tell me if Shane Davis is from Smackover?. . By that i mean grew up there. . .

He is.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 12, 2012, 08:23:12 am

He is.
Dayton you gonna apply for the Strong Job? I'm sure they would love to go from state champs to doormats...lol...any good book stores in Strong?

loyal fan

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 12, 2012, 08:36:03 am

He is.
Dayton you gonna apply for the Strong Job? I'm sure they would love to go from state champs to doormats...lol...any good book stores in Strong?

LOL!!!  Love the book store comment!

Dayton Kitchens

March 12, 2012, 10:38:06 am #34 Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:39:48 am by Dayton Kitchens

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Has it occurred to you that should I become a head coach and my teams win a bunch of football games that you're going to look like a complete idiot?

Or worse.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 12, 2012, 10:38:06 am

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Has it occurred to you that should I become a head coach and my teams win a bunch of football games that you're going to look like a complete idiot?

Or worse.
I don't have anything to worry about...but I do feel for the kids if you ever get a head coaching job...lol...

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 12, 2012, 11:34:16 am

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.
I don't have anything to worry about...but I do feel for the kids if you ever get a head coaching job...lol...

Given  you have no knowledge of how I've performed as a coach in the past nor have you ever seen me coach, or correct me if I'm wrong ever spoken or met any of my former players you have nothing to base that opinion on.

the game

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 12, 2012, 12:02:51 pm

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.

Given  you have no knowledge of how I've performed as a coach in the past nor have you ever seen me coach, or correct me if I'm wrong ever spoken or met any of my former players you have nothing to base that opinion on.
Don't sweat Coach Venny ....  the biggest turd on FF .... he's just a blowhard reliving his childhood when he was the little bully on the playground .

5-wide

Where does Dayton coach now?  Thought I had seen where he was out of coaching.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: the game on March 12, 2012, 12:26:23 pm

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.

Don't sweat Coach Venny ....  the biggest turd on FF .... he's just a blowhard reliving his childhood when he was the little bully on the playground .
Nope, never a bully...just speak the truth and some find that hard to take...kinda like you...lololololol...

Coach Venny Slocombe

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.

Dayton, where exactly have you coached? Anyplace worth mentioning?

the game

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 12, 2012, 01:10:05 pm

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.

Nope, never a bully...just speak the truth and some find that hard to take...kinda like you...lololololol...
I'm so sorry .... I didn't realize you know the truth about everything .... we should all bow down to you .

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 5-wide on March 12, 2012, 12:53:11 pm
Where does Dayton coach now?  Thought I had seen where he was out of coaching.
This speaks volumes...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: the game on March 12, 2012, 01:17:12 pm

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.

I'm so sorry .... I didn't realize you know the truth about everything .... we should all bow down to you .
No, not everything...but on this subject i am right...

the game

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 12, 2012, 01:19:07 pm

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.

You said you speak the truth .... you didn't qualify that with sometimes , lol .

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: the game on March 12, 2012, 01:28:11 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 12, 2012, 01:19:07 pm

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.

You said you speak the truth .... you didn't qualify that with sometimes , lol .
Well duhhhh, we are talking about the coaching position at Strong so I kinda figured you could stay on task about the subject matter...guess not...

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 12, 2012, 01:14:53 pm

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.

Hermitage 2004-05
Norphlet    2005-08
Strong       2008-10
Norphlet    2010-11

My best year was the 2008 football season at Strong where I was given full control of the defense and offensive line.   We finished 8-5 losing in the quarterfinals to eventual state champion Junction City 24-12.

My second best year was the 2006 football season at Norphlet where we finished 7-4-1 and lost in the second round to Danville.   Though I will fully admit that my coaching authority was far less there.

My worst years were at Hermitage in 2004 where we finished 3-7 and I'll fully admit to making more mistakes than I can count.   Especially in the first half of the season.

and the 2007 football season at Norphlet where we finished 2-8.

I was also head softball coach at Hermitage and Strong which is best forgotten given that I knew absolutely nothing about softball at that time and admitted it when hired.   

5-wide

So nowhere at the present time. Why not?  I've heard about you from hermitage and norphlet. Are you originally from Dierks?

the game

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 12, 2012, 01:35:14 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 12, 2012, 01:14:53 pm

He is.

Yes.

No.

And at least I can read.

Or worse.

Hermitage 2004-05
Norphlet    2005-08
Strong       2008-10
Norphlet    2010-11

My best year was the 2008 football season at Strong where I was given full control of the defense and offensive line.   We finished 8-5 losing in the quarterfinals to eventual state champion Junction City 24-12.

My second best year was the 2006 football season at Norphlet where we finished 7-4-1 and lost in the second round to Danville.   Though I will fully admit that my coaching authority was far less there.

My worst years were at Hermitage in 2004 where we finished 3-7 and I'll fully admit to making more mistakes than I can count.   Especially in the first half of the season.

and the 2007 football season at Norphlet where we finished 2-8.

I was also head softball coach at Hermitage and Strong which is best forgotten given that I knew absolutely nothing about softball at that time and admitted it when hired.
That 2008 Strong team played Bearden closer than any other Strong team in recent memory .

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: 5-wide on March 12, 2012, 02:06:12 pm
So nowhere at the present time. Why not?  I've heard about you from hermitage and norphlet. Are you originally from Dierks?

Yes I'm from Dierks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas